Spaceship Adonis [Freeform]

Started by AndyZ, January 25, 2015, 02:00:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

By the end of the 20th century, it was apparent that the Y chromosome was failing.  Within millions of years, it was predicted, men would cease to exist at all, and within thousands of years, they would be an endangered species relative to women.  It was noted as a problem, but with such an expansive time frame, little research was done to combat it.

So humanity spread out amongst the stars, learning ways to create ships that would "warp" space and thereby allow ships to go faster than the speed of light relative to an objective measure of distance.  Communication between the various people diminished as a result, and by the time the scientists realized that it would only take hundreds of years and not thousands, men at large had dropped to less than 1% of the population.

Now in the 25th century, there is approximately one man for every ten thousand women.  Many of them live in the Center, the network of space stations and inhabited planets which make up the wealthy and elite of society.  It's almost unheard of to find a man out in the Sprawl.

None of this is to say that science has not created a great deal of progress over the last 400 years.  Surgery has evolved to a degree where nearly everyone who wants to be is painstakingly beautiful.  Various other enhancements, like cybernetics, exist, but they become less and less common the farther one is from wealth and the Center.  Sexual Reassignment Surgery has been accomplished for everything except making transmen fertile, although transfemale surgery has only been recently legalized and only if the transwomen allow their testicles to be given to scientists for research.  Cloning exists, but cloning carries the same kind of defects as inbreeding.  Science promises a cure for the need for real sperm any day now, though they've been promising that for nearly 50 years.

In many ways, men have become second-class citizens.  It started with mandatory chemical treatments to make them more fertile with the side-effect of ramping up the libidos, but as fewer and fewer women actually spoke with men - and those they did meet were often insatiably lustful - the unspoken expectations that a man was little more than breeding stock slowly rose to the surface.  Although a man could feasibly learn to pilot a spaceship, or learn the various sciences, he's never apt to do so because he's usually too busy emptying his sperm into woman after woman after woman in the hopes that one of them might end up becoming pregnant with a man.  Androsexual men are ramped with chemicals almost to the state of perpetual frenzy and kept in Andropits, greased-up arenas where all the fluids are regularly drained and collected for dissemination.  Comparisons have been drawn to how queen bees serve a very necessary but very singular role in their society.

Most men live in the Center in an effective cage of gold, where it's commonplace for women to wear skirts without panties.  Although climate control has made clothing unnecessary, and public nudity for women is completely accepted, many women in the Center like to pull up their skirts in invitation to any man they happen to meet.

Other men are kept in cryostasis, ferried about from planet to planet in the Center in order to keep the population as high as possible, just in case science fails.

So it was that the Spaceship Adonis got their chance to hijack a ship carrying a male passenger in cryostasis.

The story of Starship Adonis begins with the eponymous ship having just pulled off one of the best capers of the decade: stealing a man from one of the Center's official transport ships.  Having already gotten him on board, they are more or less home free, since they'll chase the Adonis to the ends of the galaxy but no one would fire on a ship with a man on board.

I'm looking for a crew for the Adonis and to play that man who was captured.

For obvious reasons, cismale characters will not be accepted for crew members.  Players are welcome regardless of Lord, Liege or Lady tags, and any other preferences mentioned can safely be assumed to mean characters and not players.

I wouldn't expect as many in the game, but transsexuals and lesbians would also be accepted if that's what people want to play.  While getting pregnant would be the primary reason for kidnapping a man, a crew could live like queens by selling fresh sperm on the black market or renting out his use to those without the financial means to live in the Center.

As far as roles, I'd imagine that the ship is capable of mostly handling itself but still requires people for various tasks.  Captain, Navigator, Medical, Security, and Mechanic/Engineer make up some of the obvious necessities, but others could be considered as well.

So what do people think?  Any interest?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

FlamingAce242

I like the idea of this game, and I'd put down a bagsy for Captain or Navigator

Vassus

I'd certainly enjoy playing the bloke, or First Lieutenant to FlamingAce
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

Adonis

*is a spaceship*

=========\
---ADONIS--    -----------O
=========/
You can't change who people are at their core. You can only love them for what they've given you.
O/O's
Current Muse Status: Overdriiiive

AndyZ

Well, I have dibs on the guy ^_^

That's two so far, unless Adonis wants to play.

AndyZ

I'll leave this open to see if we get more interested people, but I don't think just two is really enough to run a spaceship.

Swordsman18

I have a concept for a Captain/Pilot. Here is the picture I am thinking of using:

AndyZ

Hmm...FlamingAce, would you be interested in Navigator, and Vassus, would you be good with being First Officer under Swords?

FlamingAce242

Navigator is fine with me. Or first officer if Vassus you want my position. I just wanna have a high up ish position

AndyZ

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

AndyZ

Swordsman18

AndyZ

Giving this a little bump to see if people might be interested.