Wizard of Oz with a Dark Twist [Accepting Players!]

Started by Dark Deception, July 23, 2010, 06:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WittyShrew

I wish I could be Hansel but then I'd need a Gretel. T___T Jack and the Beanstalk, anyone?

Dark Deception

Yeah and we're kind of short on chicks at the moment. I'm going to put on the top page. "NEED A DOROTHY!" lol

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

WittyShrew

I'd try my hand at Dorothy if I weren't such a failure at rping females. );

Tad

I'd be interested in trying a Dorthy for you all.  I'll give it some thought and try to post a character idea tomorrow.
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

LimitlessNikkie

This sounds so fun. I have to think a little bit on who to play but will try to post a bio tomorrow.

Dark Deception

lol I've been waiting for character profiles for months.

LimitlessNikkie

I'm playing with the idea of a sadistic Rapunzil who lures men to her with her voice and looks.

Dark Deception

And then ensnares them in her living, blonde locks?

LimitlessNikkie

hadn't thought of that but I love it.

BlueEyedBard

Are people still going to join this game? Because I still want to be in it.
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

bluemoon

this intewrests me. And as far as Glina being goody goody, have you ever seen Wicked? (and/or read it) Glinda is a bitch! She's only a witch BECAUSE the witch of the east(or is it west? I forget) got her into the class! Then Glinda treats her like crap, and the Scarecrow is actually her lover! Go figure! >.>

Anyway, yes this interests me...don't know about playing a dorothy, especially if I'd get killed by Toto...but I'll think about it...
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Dark Deception

I don't see why Toto would kill Dorothy when she's his master. I'm sure their relationship will be much like Big Bad and Red Riding Hood. The only problem with this RP that I have currently is trying to come up with a story line. Of course I have the general plot presented, but I'm used to knowing the beginning and the end of my Rps and leading people through it so we aren't ever wondering what to do next. When I don't know that, I tend not to do them. I know that we'll be following through the story the same way Dorothy did in Oz, but I think we'll be traveling to different cities in Oz or areas of it to meet all the characters that have joined this RP, and maybe something could be going down in each city that we have to either assist in destroying or whatever the moment calls for.

bluemoon

Well, as long as you can think of "checkpoints" along a story line, then you should be ok, I never know where stories are going, but one I'm running, I know where the next "checkpoint" is, then I'll work on thinking upo the next checkpoint :3

hmm...CS, CS...grr...
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Kate

I was thinking of placing "Alice" - so dark and so fkt up not sure if the rest of the group would kill her way before we kill the wizard of oz tho.

Dark Deception

I plan to rewrite the story line for this since everyone so far has chosen characters that aren't related to Oz. So I'll get back to everyone on this idea until I have narrowed it down to a specific story line that I can present.

CassieBear

If you're still looking for a Dorothy, I would love to play her.
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!
Random PMs always welcome.
Roleplays:Not actively seeking.
Posting Frequency: Up to a Month
Replies Owed: 1 of 4

bluemoon

Go ahead, cass, I can think up a different character or something...won't have my comp till tomorrow or thursday though
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

CassieBear

^^;; Sorry, didn't mean to steal it. XD Thanks though.
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!

luphawk

Quote from: bluemoon on September 04, 2010, 11:56:10 AM
don't know about playing a dorothy, especially if I'd get killed by Toto...but I'll think about it...

My todo has no intention of killing Dorothy, that was just an idea to explain him being there without her if no one wanted to play her.

Whichever one of you is playing her please PM me so we can collaborate on the back story.
current statues:  looking
my ideas / my f-list

Dark Deception

Yeah, I need a Red Riding Hood since the one who chose to play her hasn't posted up a profile in God knows how long. Also, if you guys wish to share some ideas into how we can take this a bit further than just a pure Oz theme into something that can incorporate all fairy tale themes, then feel free to share some ideas. I also had the idea of having The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland being evil. Just like in American McGee's Alice. Hell, we can follow American McGee's Alice, and have not only the Red Queen be the villain but make Oz like the second/ultimate boss. Then again, I'll be surprised if the RP gets that far since now a days people care for fucking than any logic, common sense, or story line to follow along side it.

CassieBear

Well, I may be going out on a limb here, but I think I know how we could kind of incorporate all fairy tales. There was this movie/TV special with Kimberly Williams called the 9th (or 10th, can't remember) Kingdom where a whole bunch of fairy tales were placed together. Snow White, Cinderella, Alice, etc. Something like that could be used and it would be a way to throw in every tale. Like I said, out on a limb, but it was just an idea. I don't know how it would fit into the plot though.
Ideas|O/O's|Post Tracker
Click Me!

Dark Deception

Not a bad idea but I'll make a new OOC. I think I got a good skeleton work with. Be looking out for it. I'll let you know when the new OOC is up.  :-)

Dark Deception

I shall be posting up the OOC that shall explain everything real soon. I am sticking to the Big Bad concept except for one aspect of it, but I'll let you know after I write this. So everyone looking at this OOC, if you plan to be in this RP, this is the thread to post in and let me know now: who you will be playing, if the character you plan to play has a pair, then yeah...but blah! Let me write this shit up!  ;D

Dark Deception

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=81633.msg3600370#msg3600370 Here we are everyone. Resubmit your characters here if you haven't already done so.

bluemoon

Don't know who I'll be yet, but will think up a character and post a CS once I get my charger
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake