Puella Magi Madoka Magica-Inspired RolePlay (Interest Check)

Started by Xenolord, May 06, 2012, 01:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolord

WARNING! If you have not seen Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and do NOT with for anything to be spoiled for you, please DO NOT read into this thread. I cannot stress enough, that half of the fun of this show is finding things out yourself. I don't want anyone crying to me how I ruined it for them. If you've not seen the show, and would at some point like to, please do so before reading this thread! Thank you.

Okay, so... for those of you who don't know, Puella Magi Madoka Magica is a dark Magical Girl anime that is hot shit in Japan (And with me). Hazuver and I have been talking, and we would like to get a group Role Play started, based around SailorPtah's fanfiction "Have your Death and Eat Cake Too" NOTE: This is only the base idea. We will not be recycling any of Ptah's wonderful ideas.

For those of you who don't want to read the above fiction, here's the basic idea.

"Ever wonder what happens when you die? I know, it's been asked for centuries, but I have a friend who's claimed she knows. She says a Goddess comes down and takes your soul to heaven, where you live for eternity in happiness. I know it sounds like cliche christian shit, but... I dunno, she's not the kind of person to lie just to be mean. Which mean's she's either being mislead herself, or it's true. I don't know which to believe anymore. Lies merge into truths, which form into half-truths which somehow turn back into lies again.'

"I'm a Magical Girl... a Puella Magi. I made a deal with this creature, called an Incubator. He granted my wish and now, here I stand, in the Maisma every night... fighting. I fight for everyone's happiness, as well as my own survival. I never would have guessed that my greatest adventure... would begin when life ended."

"I'm also dead. I have been for a few weeks now. My friends have probably already buried me, and the mentioned Incubator's probably already replaced me. I have no qualms. I lead a good life, full of happiness and bravery. So I guess I've deserved some kind of rest. I met her. The Goddess. Her name is Madoka. She's real beautiful... fun to be around and she just makes everyone feel so... loved... She says we're all special to her... her own little harem of beautiful girls to share eternity with. I don't mind it. I have more family here then I ever had in my old life. And I've stopped fighting."

"There's a lot of us here... cooking, cleaning, just... regular lost souls, all trying to have a normal life after death. There's Mami-san, ever engrossed in the kitchen, as usual. Sayaka-chan and Kyouko-chan are over there playing a drinking game... and there's a few others milling around. Joan's in the yard playing with the younger girls, and Cleopatra's probably still asleep. We're happy here. We're in a place where we can be only understood."

"But... I can't help but feel that paradise... might have it's drawbacks. I see the shadows move and... I cringe. What could be lurking behind these moving shadows that puts a tear to our Goddess' eye? I peered into one of the shadows today, and I saw myself... clear as if I was staring into a mirror. However... the mirrored me didnt' have the same kind smile... her face was twisted into a visage of hate and cruelty... I asked the Goddess, and she frowned, and spoke of 'unfinished buisness'. I'm concerned... but I have faith in the Goddess..."

Lengthy explination, here's the short version. Each of you will take the role of the deceased, crossed-over soul of a Puella Magi. You have been whisked away at the moment of your death to Heaven; a place of pristine tile floors and endless bountiful harvests. Though you no longer require food, drink, or sleep, you may still partake in their joys. But... something's amiss in paradise. Some of the girls have grown distrustful of the Goddess of late, and have refused to leave their rooms. The Goddess, being a caring one, has respected their wishes.

Each of you will create your Soul, as well as a Mirror. I will explain what a Mirror is later. It should be noted that, since all Magical Girls are, duh, girls, if you have a problem with F\F, you're in the wrong place. Now, Hazuver has expressed a disinterest in OCs (One, I must admit I do not agree to, but...) so, we will start with the Canon Characters.

The Following Characters are Playable:

Tomoe Mami\Candalero (Either or Both) Mami and Candalero claimed by Xenolord.
Sakura Kyouko\Opheilia (Either or Both)
Miki Sayaka\Humanized!Oktavia von Seckendorff (Either or Both)
"Charlotte" (You can create her name, if you wish)
"Gertrud" (Create-a-Name)
"Kirsten" (Create-a-Name)
"Elsamarie" (Create-a-Name)

If we get more people, we'll open up to the Kazumi Magic and Oriko Magica characters as well, and if we expend those well... we may have to do OCs.

Mirrors: The shadows of Heaven are moving at a frightening clip. The girls are reporting 'disturbing images' in the halls, and most refuse to venture too far from company. Mirrors are; basically, dark, twisted visages of the soul, a small fragment which was left over and corrupted by hatred and misery. In short... Mirrors are the last vestiges of Witches. Though they still retain their human form, these Mirrors are nothing like their originals.

Once you've selected your character and edited her Mirror as you see fit, you're going to give another player control of your Mirror. Select a player at random (That isn't already in possession of a Mirror) and hand them your Mirror.

The premise of this game is getting the characters to co-exist with their Mirrors in this heaven. Without violence. The Goddess has gone to great lengths to make Heaven safe... even for the cruelest of souls.

NPCs: Feel free to NPC any historical, important female (Cleopatra, Joan of Arc... *Shrug* I dunno, Whitney Huston? I apologize. That was in poor taste. >.>) as a potential Magical Girl

If'n ya'll are interested, post your selected character here. If you've got questions, feel free to ask Hazuver or myself.

Hazuver

Hi there, I'm pretty much second-in-command here and I'd like to add a few more things:

1.) These girls aren't, well, girls anymore. They've grown up by about five years from the show, so we've got 19 and 20 year olds from the three canon characters (if you're making a Soul for one of the witches listed, your age in the show's chronology should be about 13-17, thus about 18-22 in-game).
2.) It's a free love world! But there are a few taboos, since there are children running about. Still, you can have partners who you stick with, an open relationship or just go with anyone whenever you feel like. This is as close to heaven as these poor girls can get, and damn it, they're gonna enjoy it to the fullest!

And I'll probably be nabbing Sayaka :P She's polarising, but she's my favourite.

By the way, if you read this even if you weren't sure about watching it or not and were intrigued, watch it. You think you're watching a normal magical girl show, then something happens and it gets darker and darker and then whoops! Turns out you're kind of watching a magical girl, FxF version of Goethe's Faust.
Just a little bit shy.

Ons & Offs
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Current mood: Lethargic. Will be a little slow.