Power Rangers 2.0 [Bootleg Universe, Recruitment Closed Til Further Notice]

Started by RegretNot, September 30, 2020, 04:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RegretNot

Power Rangers

In the year 2025 the Machine Empire invaded the Earth and were met by it's defenders the Power Rangers.  The war only lasted a few days as the Power Rangers were defeated and the Megazord destroyed in combat.  Earth was left with little option but to negotiate a truce with the Machine Empire and disband what was left of the Rangers.  Machines now ruled over the Earth but humans were still allowed to live their lives as technology advanced at an unimaginable rate in ten years.  While Rocky DeSantos joined the Machine Empire he recruited other former Rangers to his side or kept tabs on them.  In 2036, Rocky became aware of a disturbing pattern of deaths as Ex-Rangers began to show up dead, starting with Jason Lee Scott and ending with Billy Cranston.  The only remaining members were Kimberly Hart and Tommy Oliver.  Kimberly was taken into "protective custody" by Rocky and his team and asked questions to try and find the location of Tommy Oliver. 

During a routine interrogation Rocky was killed by what appeared to be Kimberly as Tommy made himself known.  Tommy was found dead as the distortion of the video made it unclear what happened after Rocky's death.  It only took a few weeks for the Machine Empire to become very aware of the rising of old powers again on Earth, those the Rangers had protected it from and all but cast out.  Rita Repulsa was only the beginning as her magic proved too much for what the Machine Empire possessed.  They have had to appeal to humanity as they know even if they leave the Earth to this fate it could follow them to their homeworld.  Zordon kept in stasis was revived and charged with finding the next Power Rangers of Earth, it's only true protectors as machine and human kind have their fate in their hands...

Inspiration Source:
Power/Rangers Bootleg - Warning Strong Language and Violence

This is an recruitment thread, I will be updating on interest and slot numbers as we go.  That doesn't mean Rangers don't die or dark things happen to them, this game will be going in the NC: Exotic section if launched due to the dark and gritty dystopian setting.  If interested let me know here or start asking questions. 

Face Claims:

Rangers: Slots 7/7
Red, Yellow, Blue, Black, Pink, Purple, Green

Machine Rangers: Slots 2/4
Iridium, Mercury, Chromium, Erbium

Earth Under the Machine Empire Rule: 

The year is 2037 as the Machine Empire is in a entrenched war with Rita Repulsa and her forces.  The Machine Empire is fully a part of human society as their technology is everywhere making it very hard to live "off the grid".  Rita and her own forces make it a dangerous place to be in a non Machine Empire protected city, out in the barrens between major city hubs one could find the roaming monsters she is able to create or her henchmen that harass and kill human kind.  Inside the large sprawling cityscapes is the height of technology as if one doesn't want to be tracked, the task is quite an undertaking.  Many of the humans have found themselves working for or with the Machine Empire to keep themselves from starving.  Even the poor however are taken care of in this society as the Machine Empire has at least given out enough cramped housing and charity for the homeless to be those that choose it now.  Most citizens did not feel the oppression of being conquered and instead highlight the many great things the machines have done for them.  It is a minority now in the human population that dislike or do not see the Machine Empire as the rulers of Earth.  Control over so many government functions and their ability to limit the suffering of most of the population have made them benevolent rulers many have all but forgotten the protectors of Earth that fell trying to repel the invasion of the Machines. 

Under the guise of this perfect society is a silent rebellion of dissenting opinions that are disposed of.  The amount of tracking available allow the Machine Empire to send agents to collect those that do not embrace the current regime.  It isn't all machines that do this work as many humans work for them, they even had more than one ex-Ranger serving them until Rita came back to kill what she saw as the bigger threat, letting the Rangers reunite to fight her again.  Those that see the evil and cold callousness of the Machines hide their knowledge of it well, with resistance cells buried deep undercover making it hard for them to even recruit or push back.  Many have seen the decision to reactivate the Power Rangers as the first mistake the Machine Empire have made but unsure still how to capitalize on it especially with Rita looming as a direct danger. 

Setting NPCs (None Player Characters)
NPCs:

Zordon: Having mentored the Power Rangers and been kept in stasis by the Machine Empire, they have connected him to the Command Center made by the Machine Empire.  Under his guidance they were able to recover the power of the power coins and he began recruiting targets for the new program.  His body is unable to function outside the life support system but his mind is very much active as he tries to guide the new recruits. 

Alpha: His mangled form was kept by the Machine Empire locked away and once they brought Zordon back he required his assistant to further his mission.  Alpha is a confidante and helper for Rangers even if he is been remade with machine technology. 

Lyra: She is the liaison to the Power Rangers, a humanoid looking machine empire servant that keeps them abreast of their actions and is the point of contact when they need resources.  Her own habits and the way she talks can almost make her seem human at times making one to wonder if the power in the command center has taken hold of her or if she is just that soothing to keep her eyes on what the Rangers and Zordon do. 

Rita Repulsa: She is a female humanoid sorceress who having been defeated by the Power Rangers after multiple attempts decades before was cast out and imprisoned.  Biding her time she broke free of her bonds and watched as the Machine Empire took over the Earth and disbanded the Power Rangers.  Using her own magic and cunning she killed the original Rangers left and then using her monsters began a war to take the Earth from the Machine Empire with much success.  She has her base of operation on the Moon and has easily defeated counter attacks by the Machine Empire. 

Emperor Cadeus Valern:  Valern was the one of the Machine Empire who planned the invasion of Earth and thus it is right to rule it.  He had made many humanoid changes to his fellow Machine Empire subjects so that they have more sympathy with the conquered humans.  A sound tactician and strategist he knew to win the war he had to win the minds of the people he was overtaking and has through many means done so.  His thoughts on the Power Rangers remain guarded but their approval to active service was signed off by him. 

Power Ranger Powers
Power Rangers Power Bracers:

Each Ranger is given a bracer that is powered by the raw power shard that Zordon was able to get from fallen rangers and others still in the old Command Center that was seized by the Machine Empire.  The power shards that are around include: Red, Blue, Pink, Yellow, Black, Green, White, Purple, Gold, and Silver.  This bracer allows them to harness the power inside the shard and have it infuse their mortal frame, plus upon activating it summon the armor and weapons that are custom to each Ranger.  Each Ranger has their own color and avatar that is focused on animals that are long extinct or from the lore of fantasy.  The new rangers will be able to create their own avatar for their colors based on their personality and approach to the responsibility. 

Ranger Selection and Character Sheet Submission

The introduction scene will determine colors and roles within the group as rangers will be recruited by Zordon on their personalities and history for fit in the team.  Machine Empire rangers are recruited by Lyra and thus given colors and roles by her not Zordon.  Focus on the character you want to play and you can add a wishlist for colors/ roles if you like but it will be up to how the team fits together and how events play out.  The only specifications you need to make it whether you are recruited by Zordon or Machine Empire. 

[center][center][img height=200]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7e/dd/4c/7edd4cc0d098719b39942979de893cb8.png[/img][/center][/center]

[float=right][center][img height=300]https://getconga.com/wp-content/uploads/connect_speaker-fillerheadshot.png[/img][/center][/float]
[font=arial][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Relationship Status:[/b]
[b]O/Os:[/b]

[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Distinguishing Features:[/b]
[b]Face Claim:[/b]

[center][img height=100]https://getconga.com/wp-content/uploads/connect_speaker-fillerheadshot.png[/img][img height=100]https://getconga.com/wp-content/uploads/connect_speaker-fillerheadshot.png[/img][img height=100]https://getconga.com/wp-content/uploads/connect_speaker-fillerheadshot.png[/img][/center]

[hr]
[hr]

[font=arial][b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Mannerisms:[/b]

[hr]
[hr]
[float=left][img height=100]http://www.powerrangers.movie/images/synopsis/synopsis_bolt.png[/img][/float][float=right][img height=100]http://www.powerrangers.movie/images/synopsis/synopsis_bolt.png[/img][/float]
[b]Ranger Color:[/b] TBD
[b]Ranger Role:[/b] TBD
[b]Ranger Avatar:[/b] TBD

[b]Theme Song:[/b]
[b]Additional Notes:[/b]

Threads:
OOC Thread
Character Sheet Database
The Past Thread

Kokaine

I'm interested. I will take a more in-depth look and see if I can't get something to you this weekend.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Silim

I'm intrigued, what kind of a posting rate do you want us to maintain?

RegretNot

There is going to be no strict posting to maintain but I am looking for event every two or three  months with aftermath and prelude writing in between.

Ace Flyer

>.>

<.<

I shouldn't...But I will...Can I dig out my old CS from last time?

Codexa

This has me wanting to dig out my copy of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie xD The one with Ivan Ooze.
So you know, fantastic job RN!

RegretNot

Quote from: Ace Flyer on October 02, 2020, 10:33:02 AM
>.>

<.<

I shouldn't...But I will...Can I dig out my old CS from last time?

As long as you are fine with entering the color selection phase.

RegretNot

Need a few more to form a Ranger team, is the not being able to select a color out of the gate making people hesitant?  Any questions you have can also be answered. 

NightLux

I'd be more than interested to join, although I'm honestly partial to green due to recent events... I was unpacking and found my old Dragonzord toy and its sitting next to my setup now.

Plus it'd be fun to be the one that should be reporting to Rita... since it is her coin after all.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
RP Status: Seeking new partners
RL Status: Looking forward to my birthday!
Solo Status: 0 (due) / 3 (total)
In Development: 0
Group Due: 0 (due) / 0 (total)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Silim

I'm definitely interested, was just a bit busy. I'll work on a character now! Are cyborgs a thing, with the machine empire being in charge?

RegretNot

How about we do a wishlist then with 1 being most wanted and going down to at least 4 choices so we can see where people land. 

Quote from: Silim on October 05, 2020, 05:00:08 PM
I'm definitely interested, was just a bit busy. I'll work on a character now! Are cyborgs a thing, with the machine empire being in charge?

There are cyborgs like Rocky had an entire leg that was machine in the bootleg. 

Silim

Alright. The below is heavily WIP, but I'm posting it up since I'm heading off for tonight.

Name: Hiro Kusaka
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Relationship Status: Single
O/Os: IC Ons: Nothing in particular - very 'vanilla' for the few times he even considers it. IC Offs: Cybernetics, extreme fetishes. OOC O/Os: Open to a lot of things, gonna have an O/O thread done eventually, till then just ask if you're unsure.

Physical Description: Hiro is a handsome young man of Japanese descent, with brown hair he sometimes dyes entirely black, and dark brown eyes. He has a very fair, soft complexion, and his somewhat wild hair reaches over his ears usually.
Distinguishing Features: Something that immediately sticks out about him is that his entire right arm is a cybernetic prosthesis - the silvery chrome of artificial skin and muscle can't be hidden. While more precise and stronger than an ordinary human limb, he tries to hide his cyborg arm by wearing long sleeves and black gloves over his artificial hand.
Face Claim: Hiroki Iijima

Personality: Hiro is very softspoken and kind on the surface, someone that avoids conflict and fights if at all possible. He's very open towards everyone, human or intelligent machine, and doesn't seem like he could really hurt a fly. Seemingly, he's eternally grateful to the Machine Empire for giving him a replacement for his lost arm. Of course, the truth couldn't be further from this. Hiro does not, in fact, respect the Machine Empire, or what they did for him, no. He hates them. Deep, seething loathing for his synthetic masters have been part of him since his 'accident'. But what he is incredibly good at, that is hiding who he really is. Almost 'compartmentalizing' parts of his psyche and locking them away, even advanced social engineering and surveillance doesn't tell anything about him beyond him being a 'model citizen'.

In secret, Hiro is about as close as he can get to a revolutionary. He despises intelligent machines. However, he always lacked the strength or the ability to trust anyone with similar sentiments, until now. In an actual fight where he can cut loose, Hiro is ruthless, reckless, and doesn't give a single solitary fuck about how much property damage to the Empire he might be causing in his task to help against Rita. Not to mention that he has decided for himself already that the moment her threat is over, that he'll destroy every last bit of the Machine Empire he can get his synthetic hand on.

That isn't to say he's all "ruthless violence" inside, of course. Zordon chose him, after all. Hiro is a protector of others, which is exactly where his hatred for the Empire even comes from, and while he doesn't value intelligent machines, he values humans and humanity highly.

History: Hiro was relatively normal in this machine dominated world, growing up. One of many that never questioned anything, because of course he didn't. Even as he grew older, he only figured that how the world was now - under the rule of logical machines that kept humans from hurting themselves in their emotional ignorance - was simply how things worked, as distanced and cold as it could be. Mutterings of 'Power Rangers' and such were nothing but historic footnotes of him of those that rejected progress.

At least, that's how things worked until he became an adult and needed to do actual work for a force that didn't comprehend human emotion and self-expression. Every day, day in and day out, mind-numbing work - not necessarily even hard work, but always the same. Regulated, according to a hard and set schedule, nothing changing unless it was a new optimization. It was maddening, and that was when Hiro understood those who still resisted the new government for the first time. Not that he'd ever admit it, of course. He knew that those who did disappeared, and he lacked anything to enable him to really resist.

Things looked up a bit shortly after despair set in, however. He was well on his way towards proving himself as competent enough for a higher position, away from the eternal boredom. But even that was proven to be a false hope, as a sudden failure in the AI of a machine he worked with sent it on a berserk rampage - one that would leave him in critical condition, with his right arm completely mangled. By the time rescue teams found him in the rubble, it was too late to save his original arm without expending more resources than replacing it would cost. And so, without so much as a moment's hesitation, they sliced off what remained of his arm and 'repaired' him.

Hiro only knows that his original arm could've been saved because in their calculating, emotionless nature, he was simply told this. Cold, seething rage boiled over in him that day, yet he kept it bottled up. Some might feel eternal debt to their 'saviors' when it came to cybernetic replacements, but not him. If destroying the entire Machine Empire means his cybernetics will stop functioning, then he'd be happy to oblige. His just heart caught in pain and focused on stopping anyone else from experiencing his pain enabled the re-awakened Zordon to find him, and potentially give him the exact power he needs...

Strengths: Hiding his true intentions, utterly relentless and driven, naturally skilled in fighting
Weaknesses: Inability to be fully honest, can easily lose control in a fight, rarely follows strategy properly, doesn't trust anyone fully
Mannerisms: Smiles that don't quite reach his eyes, hiding his cybernetics

Ranger Color: TBD
Ranger Role: TBD
Ranger Avatar: TBD

Theme Song:

Translated Lyrics:
Source: kamenrider.fandom.com
That seething impulse is boiling in my body.
Use that fist to hold strongly onto my soul.
The frightening reality is reflected in those eyes.
Face it with your comrades. All my treasures.
The most supreme and strongest power is in my hands.
I can't lose because I am invincible.

Ignite that counterattack.
Light up your soul.
Surpass those limits
in the final adventure.
Our lives are spectacular
and defy common sense.
Reverse the situation and knock them out.
Victory will eventually be yours.
Time goes by.

Like waves, information inundates the era.
The answer transforms into the correct one.
Victory or defeat cannot be ascertained in this world.
The things worth protecting are all the same.
Even if we are side by side and smiling together,
We continue to find our fate for tomorrow despite the competition.

Everyone knows that
conflicts are everlasting.
The unsatisfying future
continues to challenge me.
The serene blue sky
contrasts with the cityline.
The dull monochrome dream
will eventually come true.
Time goes by.

That instant will always be the best.
Surpass time and wish for those boundless dreams.

The battle is approaching the end.
Even if you engrave this moment,
those passionate thoughts
will be everlasting.
Ignite that counterattack.
Light up your soul.
Surpass those limits
in the final adventure.
Our lives are spectacular
and defy common sense.
Reverse the situation and knock them out.
Victory will eventually be yours.
Time goes by.

Additional Notes: Would prefer a more traditionally "sixth ranger" color, if at all possible/fitting.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: RegretNot on October 05, 2020, 01:40:36 PM
Need a few more to form a Ranger team, is the not being able to select a color out of the gate making people hesitant?  Any questions you have can also be answered.

I'm interested regardless.  To be honest, I missed the part in the OP about not picking a color.  I was mostly waiting to see what my schedule was going to look like on this end of things before I said anything. 

I saw mention of cyborgs but what about other sorts of characters?  PR is a pretty huge universe. What else is allowed for player characters?  I mean, there's humans, aliens, cyborgs, robots, monsters, demons, and various other things unique to each season.  I only bring it up because of the timeframe and how many odd events would've passed even if  obviously other seasons don't play out like they do in the original timeline. 
Coming soon...

RegretNot

Quote from: Green Goo Theory on October 05, 2020, 08:26:26 PM
I'm interested regardless.  To be honest, I missed the part in the OP about not picking a color.  I was mostly waiting to see what my schedule was going to look like on this end of things before I said anything. 

I saw mention of cyborgs but what about other sorts of characters?  PR is a pretty huge universe. What else is allowed for player characters?  I mean, there's humans, aliens, cyborgs, robots, monsters, demons, and various other things unique to each season.  I only bring it up because of the timeframe and how many odd events would've passed even if  obviously other seasons don't play out like they do in the original timeline.

I would hear most concepts out, based on such factors if Zordon doesn't pick someone the Machine Empire might. 

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

NightLux

Quote from: RegretNot on October 05, 2020, 08:44:15 PM
I would hear most concepts out, based on such factors if Zordon doesn't pick someone the Machine Empire might.

Oh, could my character be selected by the Machine Empire to use the Green Coin because of its close effects with Rita?  More cyborg than normal in their thought that it might help resist her influence?
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

RegretNot

Quote from: Kokaine on October 05, 2020, 09:35:24 PM
What age range are we looking for?

18 to mid 30s, younger likely in the Zordon Rangers and the Machine Empire is more open to the 30s I would say. 

Quote from: NightLux on October 05, 2020, 09:38:50 PM
Oh, could my character be selected by the Machine Empire to use the Green Coin because of its close effects with Rita?  More cyborg than normal in their thought that it might help resist her influence?

Technically the Green Ranger is a Power Ranger (despite Rita's creation of the coin) but doesn't mean the Machine Empire couldn't stack the deck on Zordon without him knowing.  Adds some drama later if he finds out.

Life in Color

Hey, sweets.

I'm with Aceypoo.

Can I just bring my Pink Ranger back out to play?

<3

RegretNot

Quote from: Life in Color on October 05, 2020, 10:29:11 PM
Hey, sweets.

I'm with Aceypoo.

Can I just bring my Pink Ranger back out to play?

<3

You can bring your -Ranger- out to play yes

Life in Color

Name: Nadya Mansour
Sexual Orientation: Bi-Sexual
O/Os: See Player's O/Os / Ask <3

Physical Description: Nadya's physical presence isn't the first thing people notice because she is short, clocking in at a staggering 5'5. That is the only thing about Nadya that is easily overlooked. Her skin is an even tone, not too pale and not dark enough to mark her as Middle Eastern. Thick black hair can often be found rolling form her shoulders in a variety of styles, and occasionally get bleached with a bit of white. Nadya's body is not quite an hourglass, she works out enough to give it more of a shape. She has deep brown eyes,  but sometimes they can appear a hazel color in the right kind of light. It's obvious that Nadya moves through life on her looks.

Distinguishing Features: Nadya is rarely seen without her trademark red or black lipsticks and a snake ring around her right ring finger - she favors her pink one, but she has a few other colors.

Face Claim: Merve Boluğur

Personality:

Nadya was born a street rat - and even though she's now one of the most recognizable faces in Istanbul, she is still as mercurial as they come. She is outwardly an idealistic optimist - she hopes for a greater good because she needed to, sometimes it was the only thing keeping her warm at night. Having always been in the middle of her age group of peers, Nadya naturally cares for those around her that are younger, weaker, or compromised in some fashion - those in a position of power should care for those who aren't, right? That being said, Nadya is a bit of a gossip insofar as she collects secrets - and then she holds onto them with a memory that is terrifyingly accurate.

Nadya's touch and approach are gentle, but it's not entirely obvious that she cares until she's pressed to make a show of it - press at your own risk, it could be anger and not affection that greet you if she's not ready to share her personal thoughts. Nadya does not back away from things that scare her, believing that every challenge is just another thing in her day. Like her animal avatar, Nadya can be affectionate after you've taken the time to prove that you aren't going to hurt her - her weaknesses are right there, just under her skin.

And, careful, she bites.

History:

Nadya was born to a homeless couple and spent the early years of her life on the streets of Istanbul. It was by chance that a talent agent happen to find the adolescent begging on the streets of Turkey's great city hub. With the help of the talent agent, Nadya landed her first modeling contract - after that, the girl was set. She became one of Istanbul's star darlings nearly overnight. The young woman was suddenly invited to all of the right parties, with all of the right people. Nadya struggled to keep her head above the deep end - life on the streets had been so different from rubbing elbows with the movers and shakers of Istanbul, but the dangers were nonetheless there.

With popularity comes attention and Nadya suddenly had to start worrying about being followed home from photoshoots, magazine interviews - a security team was necessary, but they stuffed her home up. The girl took her home protection into her own hands, finding a natural attraction to the philosophy of fight avoidance in Krav Maga - the martial art didn't punish her for being smaller and fit naturally in her otherwise peaceful approach to conflict.

She also learned how to use a gun.

Politics, of course, were an unavoidable topic at dinner parties - it was no secret that Nadya supported the Machine Empire, but also wasn't afraid to point out that some more attention could be paid to lower class. Rita Repulsa's return wasn't necessarily something that Nadya expected to have a direct influence on her life, but Zordon's selection of her to take up the mantle of a Ranger was just like any other thing in her life.

It was unexpected, but, Nadya has always been a firm believer in no guts, no glory and there's no chance she's backing down from this freefall into defending her home from forces that want to destroy it. 

Strengths:

Hand to Hand Combat - She knows Krav Maga! Nadya won't start a fight, Nadya will do everything she can to avoid a fight, but if you're stupid enough to miss the exit signs - well, we all make mistakes.

Marksman - Having previously trained in handguns as a matter of personal protection, Nadya is more than excited about getting her hands on the sniper rifles and other weaponry used by the Machine Empire. She has started to develop an interest in recurve bows and sneaks away, often, to shoot at a bow range - it's a centering activity. Fight her. 

Celebrity - Nadya doesn't need her Ranger suit to get things done and isn't afraid to leverage her star power to help her team.

Weaknesses:

Meddler - Nadya is the secret-holder of a group, but this requires her to sometimes trade information to get information, and since she knows things, she can often appear like she's overstepping her boundaries.

Perfectionist - As a model, appearance is important to Nadya, so everything must be perfectly in its place. She can be distracted by the small details needing to be in their place before she can move on.

Thrill-Seeker - She enjoys getting her blood pumping as much as the next girl. Having enjoyed money and luxury in her recent years, she's been known to enjoy rock climbing, parachuting, and various other activities that might scare others.

Autist - There's never a question that Nadya cares, but how much she cares is something only she knows.

Mannerisms:

Architect - In chaos, Nadya is the one that you want at its center. She will keep a team on its course, even if their course is leading them to darkness. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, you just sometimes need to crawl to get there.

Beta - Nadya is a team's support, sometimes that can mean directly supporting the leader or hanging onto the parts that are threatening to fall off - she will be there, even if it costs her some personal space.

Defender - A personality trait she carried from the streets, Nadya will not hesitate to protect her friends or those in need of protecting. Fight her.

Visionary - Nadya believes that the Power Rangers can save the world. They have to.

Ranger Role: Heart / Moral Center

Ranger Avatar: Snake (Or Dragon, if you wanna be feisty.)

Theme Song:

Additional Notes:

Amal - Nadya has a white-pink California King Snake that she keeps as a pet. It is named after the Arabic word for 'Hope'.

Kokaine

Name: Ezrah Bishop
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
O/Os: For general stuff see here, ask for specifics.

Physical Description: Bishop is on the taller side of things at 5'9" tall with lengthy dark hair and large, exotic eyes that often look vaguely feline. Her complexion tends to fluctuate with her actual time in the sun, but she has faint freckles. Her build is strong but slim, though not entirely without curves. Most often she tends to stick to comfortable clothes for her day to day taking on a somewhat tomboyish lean to her appearance. Her face is extremely expressive when she allows it to be--though most often she's got on her mask of boredom or her rbf. Bishop is naturally left handed but has worked to make herself ambidextrous for reasons.

Distinguishing Features:
A tattoo of a key on her right outer wrist, as well as a tattoo of dice showing snake eyes on the right side of her lower abdomen, and the words "Heaven has no rage..." on the inner left wrist and  "Hell hath no fury..." on the right.

A large, jagged scar down her right side and a burn scar on her inner left arm.

Face Claim: Juliana Herz

Personality: Despite having dabbled as a jock for quite a bit in her adolesence, Bishop was never really one of the cool kids. Quiet, highly intelligent, and prone to daydreaming or taking things apart when bored, she never quite managed to get the hang of social interaction... or, more precisely, she just never really cared enough to play the game. She's not antisocial, not truly, but she often finds relating to others a tad difficult simply because they come from a world she just doesn't care to understand. Given her background, it should come as no surprise that she seemingly allows nothing to stick to her and has a habit of doing things her own way in her own time. She holds on to a lot of anger under the surface and can be quite volatile on those occasions when things manage to penetrate too deeply but otherwise she's quick hands, fast feet, and a steady mind. Its true that she doesn't tend to say much at first, but eventually folks discover she's got a wicked sense of humor and thoughts on just about everything imaginable since her brain doesn't shut up. Building and destroying things are what Bishop believes to be her truest talents, though what that really means is anybody's guess, but either way she'd say she's done her fair share of both in her short lifetime.

History: Born in the city of sin to a wealthy playboy and a Costa Rican immigrant, Bishop supposes she could have had a better life laid out for her if fate or whoever the fuck had been kinder. As it was her father essentially abdicated all responsibility through shady means, leaving her mother alone and damn near penniless with a baby on the way. Somehow the woman clawed her way through that point in her life, probably using the only bit of strength she ever had but she didn't exactly come out unscathed on the other side. By the time the Machine Empire showed up, Bishop's mother was little more than a strung out addict with a vicious streak and Bishop herself had taken to finding her sense of "family" on the streets.

In a lot of ways the war barely registered for Bishop. She wasn't oblivious, but there were simply more immediate threats for her to focus on, especially as she'd found a pseudo-father figure who nurtured her gifts and kept her focused on his business rather than the fate of the world at large. Dangerous as it could be, working for him helped her keep a roof over her and her mom's heads and even, indirectly, kept her mother supplied with the shit she craved. And however odd it might sound, Bishop felt far more secure facing the odds on the streets than she did her mother and a hot ass iron.

In any case, Bishop kept quiet and worked her way up the chain. Somewhere along the way her mother overdosed and nearly died, sending her straight into some born again religious bender while fighting her addiction. Bishop had for a second thought maybe the woman had become aware of all that she'd done and wanted to better herself for herself and her child but that hope was quickly smothered when she realized it was all about a man. A disgusting man who preached and ranted and justified his actions using old words she wasn't sure anyone truly believed in anymore. A man with power and influence amongst a small flock of brainwashed anti-machine sheep.

Her mother got clean, but her becoming one of the sheep was almost worse. Bishop almost stopped going home altogether, only maintaining any sort of contact due to the boy who essentially became her younger brother. He was nothing like his father and Bishop somehow couldn't turn her back on him. To be honest, she still can't.

Not that she could really do much for him. Despite not being terribly flashy, Bishop did begin to make something of a name for herself in the Vegas underbelly as a driver, enforcer, and all around asset to the "family" she ran with, but that very thing made it unsafe for her to try and do too much for her brother.

Disloyalty among the ranks eventually brought about the end of that period of Bishop's life. Most of the family was was wiped out in an attempted take over turned bloodbath and she herself barely escaped with her life. Unsure of the whos and whys, she opened a shop a simply lay low while investigating on her own. She picked up driving jobs here and there in her spare time, tackling difficult transport gigs... which somehow landed her on the Empire's radar.

To be clear, no one approached Bishop about joining anything. However, she is almost sure the Empire engineered her "offer" since it came directly after she was ambushed in the outskirts by one of Rita's monsters. The save came just a little too quick in her opinion but admittedly, her memory of that night is fucked in more ways than one.

She took a while to heal but eventually agreed with a few conditions--the first of which was that she would not have cybernetics forced on her. She would remain completely human or die. The second had to do with her brother but given the outcome (his father, her mother, and all the sheeple were wiped out) she doesn't speak on that much. They agreed far too easily but the deal was struck. From there she was taken into Empire's ranks to be trained and honed into a tool they could fully make use of.

Strengths:
Athleticism - Bishop enjoys being active (she says it helps her think) and seems to always have stamina to spare. Currently free running is her thing and she's very good.

Engineering/Handy - A teacher once joked that Bishop didn't see the world the same way others did. That what she saw was more parts and pieces and the small nuts and bolts that fit them together. Bishop's not sure how right or wrong they are but she can take apart and/or put back together most things and enjoys doing so. She even enjoys building things from scratch or making her own mods. And if she sometimes thinks the same about people, well...

High Spatial Awareness - This is an innate skill for Bishop. She enters a space and seems to analyze it quickly, picking up on the layout, making note of moving pieces, micro cues, and things that others might not put together. Its kept her out of mess, or at least allowed her to get the hell out of a situation, more than a few times.

Mapping - Another hobby. She likes making maps from her own movements most but she has made crude but useful maps from reading or hearing others accounts and visualizing. She also has a finely tuned sense of direction and is good at making paths from point A to point B.

Driving - Two wheels, four, or possibly more, Bishop knows vehicles and has been pushing them to their limits since before she was legal.

Anger - It fuels her. When everything else suggests she should be out for the count, anger steels her and keeps going.

Weaknesses:
Anger - she seems chill a lot of the time but her fuse can be rather finicky. Once lit, putting it out is a sizeable task and she's done regrettable things when caught in its grip.

Ego - Largely in relation to her intelligence but it has been steadily bleeding into other facets.

Curiosity - Yeah, I think you can figure this one out.

Particular - Bishop lives by a set of rules that give her a sense of control. Messing with those rules, crossing her boundaries, it can mess with her.

Innocents and Underdogs.

Her younger brother.

Mannerisms:
Does not like to be touched by strangers/those without her permission, and likewise does not like her things touched. However, for those few she allows, she can get quite comfortable/touchy.

Practicality - Sometimes to a fault. Sometimes to a degree that makes her seem like a heartless bitch.

Quiet - Bishop will communicate with as few words as possible unless you push, and even then she tends to show rather than tell. She's got plenty going on in her head and loads of things she could probably share but she doesn't always do well with conversation for the sake of conversation. Sometimes those who push find themselves on the end of some sarcastic, flippant, or just plain mean comment.

Fighting Style - crafty and creative while still being goal oriented, not terribly flashy or technical.

Theme Song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVZpHFXcFJw

Additional Notes:

My O/Os

RegretNot

I will be checking in 24 hours for anymore interest and then I will be allowing wishlists to go up for colors. 

We have about 6 to 8 current interests so only need a few more for a full team and I will start without a full one as long as I have about 8 or 9 Rangers. 

Ace Flyer

I'll get my guy posted soon, just haven't had a chance to go digging for the old game to find my CS. ^^;;

NightLux

Name: Oliver Davies
Relationship Status: Single (Widower)
O/Os: Use mine for now

Physical Description: 6'1"
Distinguishing Features: Tattooes covering scaring along right shoulder and down back attached to his cybernetic arm
Face Claim:Arthur Kulkov

Personality: While not openly jovial and outgoing as he used to be pre-incident, Oliver still has that spark in his eye.  He's loyal to his friends, although they are made slow, but also somewhat shy and slow to open to even those he has begun to trust.  And trusting he isn't, doubting most have good intentions.  When pushed, Oliver tends to push back and has no problem fighting against impossible odds.  That lesson he still hasn't learned.

History:  With a fairly normal Californian upbringing, he enlisted in the Marines as a way to escape the Inland Empire, touring overseas in relatively calm conditions versus his youth.  However, a turning point occurred while stationed back in the US.  After the Marine Empire landed forces, his unit was involved in one of the first (and last) attempt to fight the Machine Empire's forces head-on with conventional technology.  The battle lasted for what seemed like hours, but within fifteen minutes their position was nearly overrun and the chance of escape was fading fast.  Already wounded, he began to lay down cover fire to allow for a withdrawal, only for at the last moment to see the Power Rangers and later the Zords themselves emerge and engage the Empire.  Retreating with the rest of his unit, he was ambushed by another detachment of the Empire and suffered an explosion that destroyed his right arm and left heavy scarring on his back.

Luckily, for him, after the truce and the imposition of [treaty name], he was selected to be shown as an example of what the Machine Empire could provide to humanity.  Fitted with a new cybernetic arm and undergoing surgery to repair much of the damage to the rest of his body, he was given a new chance.  While he chaffed under the role as "civilian ambassador" for the Machine Empire, it allowed him a comfortable life and a meaning, although more and more he would look for signs of the very Rangers he had once seen.  That chaffing lessened as he rose through the affiliate (or collaborator) ranks and was able to peek inside and learn some inner workings.

After Rita's return and word began to spread among about Zordon's return, he did all he could to make sure his name might be thrown out there for selection, even if it was for the Empire's own rangers.  If nothing else, they had a legacy to uphold and he would make that legacy his own if given the chance.

Strengths:
Determined - Like a dog on a bone, when he thinks he can accomplish something he isn't easily dissuaded (but see weakness below)

Tactics - From both time as a Marine and with the Empire, Oliver knows that engaging the enemy is the correct way is almost as important as the tools used.

Stressless - Having gone what he has gone through, not much weighs Oliver down and he can face stressful situations without cracking.

Weaknesses:
Structured - The easiest way to avoid stress is to avoid surprises and a well-structured routine helps.

Doubting - As cool of an exterior as he projects and as much as he might fight it, he's plagued by self-doubt due to failure, both past and present

Callous - Empathy is not one of his strong suits and sometimes he makes it a point to make sure that's known.

Mannerisms:
Builder - There is something more than the human/Empire duopoly that much be created and the Power Rangers, both teams, are the means to making that something greater.

Alpha - Listening to orders is one thing, but Oliver prefers to give them.  But he will listen and do, but if you let him speak freely...

Omega - Its not that he has a deathwish, but Oliver has no problem making sacrifices for the greater good, even if it means laying down his life.

Watch this - But at his core, he really does love showing off at times, and if it impresses the girl... even better.

Theme Song:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlFFuW2q554
Additional Notes:  More to come
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Rebelle

Name: Zoe Fontaine

O/Os: See Players

Physical Description: Standing 5'5, Z isn't exactly known for her intimidating stature, however, she is very lithe, nimble, and has a rather nice muscular build on her.  She has hazel eyes and long dark hair.  Z tends to wear clothing that is loose, but not flowing - and minimal jewelry. 

Distinguishing Features: Several scars on her abdomen, two on her right bicep.  She has several piercings: Nose, daith, industrial, lobes and three tattoos.  One of them is insignia of the medical corps, the other is a wolf howling at the moon on her back, as well as her name, serial number, and blood type.

Face Claim:Tristin Mays

Personality: Z is quirky, one minute she can be serious, the next she can be cutting up.  It all depends on the situation.  She is very straight forward and will tell someone if she doesn't like them and why.  She is not one to gossip, nor try to curry favor with the Machine Empire.  There are moments when she can be reckless, but always for the greater good, even if at risk of herself.

History: Zoe Fontaine found herself to be an orphan of the war against the Machine Empire.  Her parents were not Power Rangers, but they were part of the resistance that assisted them in those few brief days, before the war was lost.  She was found alive first by Tommy Oliver and then by Rocky DeSantos.  Tommy, to tell her of the death of her parents, and Rocky with an offer, and as a child - what other option did she have?  She politely told Rocky to fuck off.  For two years she lived on her own, on the streets, making a living working on vehicles, engines, anything with a motor as well as rough patchwork on people.  Until one fateful night she was attacked by a group of street thugs led by two drugged up gangsters known as Skull and Bulk, they were going to take over the small squat that she and a few others called home.  They attacked, but Z was not going to go down without a fight.  While the others got away, she threw an improvised bomb in the direction of the thugs, slowing them down.  However, the two leaders were not going to be swayed - they didn't just want the squat, they decided they wanted her as well.

Luck, however, was not on Z's side.  She fought with all she could, but in the end, she was stabbed several times in the abdomen, bleeding out.  So close to death's door, she did not see who her savior was until later.  Rocky DeSantos had been keeping an eye on her, as well as the bumbling bangers.  Awakening in the medical bay of a local Machine Empire triage center, Rocky DeSantos offered Zoe again with the opportunity she had turned down before.  He told her to either join, or die.  There was no going back to her life, and it would be a kindness to end it.  The Machine Empire could train her to help others, to help those who had been just like her.  Rocky knew how to sweet talk the young girl it seemed, to hit her right in the feels.  She agreed, and her body was repaired with nanite technology and cybernetic implants that keep her liver and kidneys operating. 

Through the Machine Empire, she became part of the medical corps, and it was Rocky who trained her in hand to hand combat; so she would never once again fall under the weight of those like Skull and Bulk once more, he promised he would look out for her.  Most saw him as a traitor, but he saw himself as something that could bridge the gap between the two... The humans and the Empire that sought to not rule over them entirely - but to integrate with them.  After the death of Rocky, she had heard the rumors and the gossip that the Empire was going to unthaw Zordon, the mystical being that had originally created the Rangers.  Rocky might have been an asshole, but he had been her friend, like a big brother to her.  Knowing that it was because of Rita that he had died, Zoe went and offered herself up willingly.  She truly didn't have a choice before, but this time... this time, she was more than willing to volunteer if it meant stopping Rita, making something good of Rocky's sacrifice all those years ago, and maybe... Just maybe... make something good of her own choices in the past.

Strengths:
Mechanically inclined – From a young age Zoe has always been something of a mechanical savant.  She worked on cars with her father, and that’s how she made her living after everything went to hell.

Medically trained – Zoe is a member of the Medical Corps, and as such is trained as a field medic as well as in a hospital setting.

Improvisational skills – Zoe is one who can think outside of the box and use whatever is on hand to get the job done and then some.  The end result might not be what one might expect, but.. it’s always an adventure.

Endless stamina – It could be possible due to her very nature, but it seems the girl can keep going and going, no matter what comes her way.  Due to this, she also does not need as much sleep as most others.

Hand to hand combat trained – Trained by one Rocky DeSantos as well as being part of the Medical Corps has honed Z’s abilities.

Linguist – The world is a melting pot, and she is a healer, she needs to know how to talk to others, so she has learned how to speak several languages including Chinese, Spanish, and French

Firearms training – Trained by Rocky DeSantos as well as due to her time in the Medical Corps.

Cybernetically enhanced – See Notes

Weaknesses:
Reckless – Balls to the wall, balls of brass, whatever you want to call it – but when Zoe is in, she’s all in.  Willing to put herself on the line to save others, to protect them.  It’s not that she goes out looking for trouble, it comes looking for her.

Nightmares (these are not chronic), - Her time on the street and at the hands of her aggressors has led her to have nightmares more often than not.  Due to this it has led her to not wanting to sleep – even if it’s not for a long time.  The nightmares tend to leave a lasting effect on her mood.

Cybernetically enhanced – The Machine Empire has their hands in Zoe, quite literally.  It is their technology that keeps her alive, it is also their presence that has forever changed Earth.  Without them, she would die, and she’s aware of this.  She just…doesn’t care.  Though this also means that Zoe has to have regular check ups with the nurse nanites and machines to make sure she is running at optimum levels.   She doesn’t share the fact she has these implants, but she doesn’t hide it either.

Known Origins – There are those who may consider Rocky DeSantos a traitor, and consider that she too is a traitor.  She understands Rocky far better now that he’s dead than she perhaps did when he was alive, except right at the end there.  She won’t start fights with those who talk down about him, but she won’t stick around for those conversations.  Unless she’s had a nightmare, than all bets are off.

Mannerisms: Zoe tends to have a ready smile for people, and has a very empathetic bedside manner.  She is the first one to jump when someone says they need assistance.  Never is she found in overly revealing clothing, and can be a loner at times.

Ranger Color:
Ranger Role:
Ranger Avatar:

Theme Song:Come Together
Additional Notes:
Cybernetic Enhancements  -

Right Kidney – Cybernetic, functions as a regular kidney would, though has the effect of dialysis and filters waste in such a fashion that urination is not often

Liver – Very high alcohol tolerance unfortunately very high tolerance for pain medications as well.

Adrenal Gland attachment – adrenaline can course through her very quickly if needs be, there is a possibility of heart attack, though under duress and stress examinations, it seems as if her body reacts as if it were a natural level of adrenaline in her system.