Bonus Weekend - story idea and suggestions wanted

Started by Silkcat, September 17, 2007, 08:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silkcat

A Bonus Weekend

Setup: Protagonist is a hard-working analyst, usually buried in analysis and possibilities.  Originally I was thinking of the protagonist as a man, but now I'm also thinking of a woman option, so see farther down for that idea.  Somewhat shy and geekish, he has just completed work and assisted with a presentation to a major customer at a conference on a resort type area.  His boss is very pleased with the young man, and wants to reward him.  Knowing that he doesn't have much of a life outside of work, he decides to give him a special bonus: "I'd like you to take a weekend vacation here now that the meeting is done.  I know you're interested in history, so I've hired a local tourist guide to show you the sights.  You can tell me all about it when you get back up to Chicago.  No objections now - you've earned it and you need some time to decompress."  Little does our geeky hero know, the tourist guide is a rather special one.  One that his boss has enjoyed before.  Pricey in that besides a weekend-long tour of the sun-bathed islands, the guide also offers rather more intimate services.  Her job is help bring him out of his shell, show him a good time around the place, and send him back home singularly relaxed.

Style: Slow, visual start as the hero is picked up at his hotel by the attractive "guide".  He probably spends a lot of time just chatting with her, and keeps getting tempting chances to glance down her top or up her skirt, slowly getting him more interested.  She seems unaware at first, and perhaps makes it easy for him to think that it is her open friendly nature or perhaps the local island culture that makes her have such little personal space and body-baring clothes and behavior.  Maybe a trip to a old fortress, a boardwalk, a beach, etc until eventually things progress to be a little more personal.

Possible problems: Could be too passive for the player of the male character, since other than chatting with her his primary actions would be trying to sneak peeks at her or marvel at other local sights (women or otherwise).  Would require a player interested in that style, or a change to the scenario to make him more active.  As many of you may know, the whole "sneaking peeks" and description-heavy approach is one I mention in my On/Offs and in another post recently.

Gender swapping: Another option would be to have the protagonist be female, probably with the boss also then female.  The guide could be male, and just working to draw the shy straight girl out of her shell.  Or perhaps the boss is les or bi and suspects her employee might be too, and has engineered this as a test prior to trying something herself (sequel!), with a female guide who will try to confirm the employee's orientation.

I could see enjoying either role - the employee or the guide.  Actually I could see myself enjoying playing a male role as the employee with a female guide, as I've had a bit of a hankering to play a guy recently.
Ons and Offs - Story Ideas - Stories Past and Present - Apologies and Absences
---
No, the avatar image isn't me, but it is a good representation of the characters I like.

Sherona

I am kind of swamped wtih RP's at the moment. But this idea sounds fun :) Perhaps if I am less swamped when the sequel comes out *wiggles brows*

Caustic

That's a great idea... love the setting, perhaps the keys somewhere?  I can see this taking on an intriguing aspect of historical setting... old, dilapidated, charming bars and B&Bs, old spanish districts, perhaps a street festival.  Thing is, I'd probably prefer playing the guy, and the guide.  Not really sure how I feel about playing a female character, though, I guess, it might be possible.  Not sure if I'd even do it well. 

Thoughts?
Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

Silkcat

I'm willing to toy with the idea of being the shy girl with the handsome male guide, let me think about that.

The visual scene that set up this whole thing in my head was something like this, though I wouldn't want to require that this happen by any means, but it is the original in my head:

She walked over to the old wrought-iron ladder that was fixed into the stone walls of the old fort.  "From the top of the battlements, you can see the whole bay and imagine how they felt as they saw the Spanish ships closing in."  Her dark hair spun a bit in the breeze as she turned and started to ascend the ladder.  He stepped up behind her, his mind thinking of that long ago day she was describing, and was caught by surprise as he looked up.  He found himself looking up at her long golden legs, her loose pale yellow skirt flowing in the breeze, and right there above him a beautiful small bottom divided by a bright yellow thong.  His breath caught in his throat as he saw the shape of her there.  And then she was over the edge and turning to look down at him and smile.  He turned his head away, a brilliant blush rising to his face.  Did she know what he had seen - that he hadn't been gentleman enough to not step under her until she was finished?  His heart pounded blood through his body, including where his shorts began to get a bit uncomfortable.  It hasn't even dawned on him yet that she might have even intended him to see.  "Come on up - it's a little windy up here but it feels nice!" she called down.  It wasn't just the sun that warmed him as he climbed, to join her on the railing above as the wind tossed that little skirt around her thighs.

So I've let that get a little fixed in my head and now I'll need to shake it up a bit to swap the gender roles.  On the plus side, it occurs to me that a fun scene might be that the poor employee might not have any bathing suits, and the guide might take her to a place where it seems that none of the pieces covers her quite as much as she might like.  And then when she sees that some of the beaches don't even require suits....
---
No, the avatar image isn't me, but it is a good representation of the characters I like.

Caustic

That's a nice thought...

Gah.  Dunno.  It could be reworked, but, if that's what you want, who'm I to question...  I'd be willing to give it a shot, assuming you'd be willing to risk it on me, seeing as I'm not precisely an expert on RPing a female character.  But I've written stories from different viewpoints before, and am willing to risk it.
Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

Silkcat

I think it might be a different story with the way it would work with you, but that's not to say it wouldn't be a lot of fun.  Hell, I could see getting two different writing partners for the two interpretations, doing both of them and finding that they wouldn't be repetitive at all. They might even inspire each other. :)

So instead let's say we have a geeky girl.  The kind who doesn't even think of herself as attractive behind her glasses and shapeless clothes.  She is to be rewarded with an experience guided by a charming, handsome man.  He'd have to be persuasive, 'cause I don't see this as being an NC-type thing though pushing her comfort boundaries would be a big part of it.  Maybe there's even a twist behind it - the boss would like some footage of her in some compromising situations either for his/her own pleasure or for potential blackmail later.
---

Caustic

Ooh, evil twist... honestly, I've tried, and can't get into the non-con thing.  Just not in my nature, even in fantasy.  Now, coercion is a different story... bending will, seducing and urging, drawing out what's been comprimised by lack of confidence, experience, or by unfortunate cicumstance... that, I love.

Silkcat

Yeah, it hasn't worked that well for me either.  I can do a little of it and get thrill, but can't maintain the hard noncon approach for more than a short scene and still enjoy it.

Coercion I can go for, so for instance a combination of seduction, social pressure, alcohol, and maybe a bit of "warming up" from an aphrodisiac could work well for this story.

Okay, a bit later I'll write up an opening post that introduces our girl and her side of the setup.  I'll leave the place vague, so if there is somewhere you're familiar with or prefer (you mentioned the Keys) then you can introduce that, especially since you'll be the guide who has to show her around. :)
---

Caustic

Fantastic.  Today may be slow, so may tomorrow, but I'll make every effort to get a kickoff today.  If you can, please point me at the right thread, and I'll mark it to monitor.

Silkcat

---