Teen Titans: Rivalry (Intrest check)

Started by DigitLninja, December 21, 2010, 06:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitLninja

we are up and running, I hope to have the IC up by Jan 1st at the latest.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Muse

So, I came across a mention on Wikipedia that wonder woman was once a Purple Lantern, drawing her power from Imagination+Passion  rather than imagination + Will. 

I thought it might be fun to do a girl who was a purple lantern if I could figure out how? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

avorae

Quote from: Muse on December 31, 2010, 12:32:25 AM
So, I came across a mention on Wikipedia that wonder woman was once a Purple Lantern, drawing her power from Imagination+Passion  rather than imagination + Will. 

I thought it might be fun to do a girl who was a purple lantern if I could figure out how?

Well here is the basic powers of a Violet power ring that you can use as a base to build it from...

Corp members of the Star Sapphires use violet power rings, fueled by the emotion of love. They allow the wearer to fly, generate a protective aura, and create violet light constructs.
Violet rings have several unique abilities. They can create crystals which can be used to imprison members of other Lantern Corps on Zamaron. Over time, the rings of the prisoners trapped in stasis within the crystals are infected with violet energy. After spending enough time inside, the prisoner will emerge as a Star Sapphire. The rings can also detect when a love is in jeopardy, locate it, and then create a connection to the embattled heart that can be used as a tether. Sapphires are also shown as being able to show others their greatest love. Unlike constructs created by Green Lanterns, Orange Lanterns cannot absorb those made by Star Sapphires. Star Sapphires appear to be able to teleport in order to escape attackers, while their energy constructs release a disorienting dust when destroyed. These two abilities can be combined effectively to avoid being pursued. Violet power rings have the ability to restore the recently deceased to life by drawing power from the heart of one that loves them.

Though Star Sapphires do not have a weakness to other Corps (they are immune to the energy stealing properties of an Orange Power Ring), they are more susceptible to being controlled by their own power. Love is one of the two emotions on the far ends of the emotional spectrum, and has a much stronger influence over its users. Unlike the Star Sapphire gem, which could force itself on a user, violet power rings must be accepted by the wearer.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

DigitLninja

wow... and the dirty applications for this are endless.
Quotes to Live by:

avorae

Quote from: DigitLninja on January 01, 2011, 07:41:43 AM
wow... and the dirty applications for this are endless.

Yea there are some interesting things that can be done with a power ring depending on which color you wield. each color has it's on capabilities and special powers unique only to them based on the emotion it represents. I need to see if I can find the oath for the violet ring and put it up as well.

Found it here is their oath when recharging the ring.

“ For hearts long lost and full of fright,
For those alone in blackest night,
Accept our ring and join our fight,
Love conquers all-- with violet light!

DigitLninja

nicely done... that has to be hard to find.
Quotes to Live by:

avorae

Quote from: DigitLninja on January 02, 2011, 01:18:19 PM
nicely done... that has to be hard to find.

It only took me a few moments of searching on Wiki actually. Though looking over the various corps it almost makes me want to play one but I really like the concept I already have.

DigitLninja

For those of you who are interested, we still have plenty of room for this game.

We need at least another two characters before I can start the IC thread, one on each team.

We are also looking for a Leader for Titans West as I have taken the position for Titans east.
Quotes to Live by:

avorae

Quote from: DigitLninja on January 03, 2011, 08:42:38 AM
For those of you who are interested, we still have plenty of room for this game.

We need at least another two characters before I can start the IC thread, one on each team.

We are also looking for a Leader for Titans West as I have taken the position for Titans east.

Like I stated earlier if none else wants the position of team leader then i will take it. In fact i think i already listed it on my sheet.

Also seeing as i am off for the week I can help people with there characters as long as they can give me a idea of what they would like to play. The more details you can give me the better I can build it.

Muse

Wow!  Awesome Avorae. 

Youv'e talked me into my own concept!  i almost switched to a girl called Elixer, but this is everything I needed to know, and too cool to pass up! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

avorae

Quote from: Muse on January 03, 2011, 01:31:33 PM
Wow!  Awesome Avorae. 

Youv'e talked me into my own concept!  i almost switched to a girl called Elixer, but this is everything I needed to know, and too cool to pass up!

You are welcome. I am glad i was able to be of service. Oh another thing about all power rings is the fact that they all act as very powerful computers and communicaters.

DigitLninja

heh looks like we are managing to kick start this thing back into gear.

^_^
Quotes to Live by:

Muse

any thoughts on how to build a ring? 

A:  High rating Power Flux requiring a Soul roll to reconfigure? 
--Themes in the power flux include solid light constructs, computation, communication, and weapons?  (And teleporattion, or that separate?) 
B:  Limited by the ability to acess the ring? 
C:  Limited by the need to recharge the ring every ____? 
D:  Limited by a code of conduct?  Or psychological codition? 

DigitLninja

well it should be limited by a charge but if your using your EP to keep the ring in use that means that every battle you could run out of power.
Quotes to Live by:

avorae

Traditionally it would need to be recharged every 24 hours by holding it up to your latern and chanting your oath. And telepoert would be part of the ring unless you want it to be a power you personally posess.

Muse

Well, I don't so much mean part of the ring as part of the Power Flux. 

For example, I don't get the force field without the ring, but I gather it's a bit more constant ability, whereas the comptuer and comunications need acessing and the constructs need shaping. 

avorae

Ahh I see... In that case it would be seperate from the power flux the same as the flight and forcefield.

avorae

If you neeed any more info on the ring or the star Sapphire corps this page is a good place to start...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Sapphire_(comics)#Star_Sapphires

Saikotsu

consider me interested. My partner and I are going over our concepts at the moment. We're willing to play the whole "star crossed lovers" bit for plot relevance if that hasn't already been taken care of.
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Undercov3rL0ver

Sometimes, the heart knows better than the mind. Listen to your heart, for it contains wisdom that many ignore.

Even if the entire world laughed and despised me, I had a person who needed me, that's all I need to be happy.
   "Yowane Haku, Daughter of White" -quoted specifically for a certain someone.

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:

Saikotsu

Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

DigitLninja

The IC thread is now up and running so... Titans GO!
Quotes to Live by: