M seeking F character [M/M, M/F, open content, multiple characters]

Started by Steppenwolf, January 14, 2013, 10:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steppenwolf

Name: A Game of Masks

Content: M/F, M/M, multiple characters

Setting: Fantasy/history/A Song of Ice and Fire world; this idea is very loosely inspired by George RR Martin's series 'A Song of Ice & Fire' and I envisage the world in which it is set being rather similar to the Free Cities of Essos.

Scenario:Daughter of a prominent magister/businessman, Laenara G'sylax lives a comfortable but controlled life. Seeking to explore life outside of her father's luxurious manse, she one night dons a disguise and sneaks out into the city beyond. She is alone, however, and falls easy prey to a pair of would-be rapists, only to be saved by the intervention of a stranger who either flees the scene afterwards or sees her safely home; either way Laenara is left wondering after the true identity of her saviour.

Her saviour is young man by the name of Vylario, a slave in the property of another well-to-do magister in the city. By day he wears perfume and silks and earns his keep as a male prostitute; in his service he has earned enough of his master's trust to warrant little observation by night, and now he has taken to slipping out into the city by night, though he knows the slave tattoos upon his face shall prohibit him from ever easily passing through the city's gates.

Vylario's nightly endeavours bring him into contact with the Faceless, an underground organisation who seek no outright power of their own, but in whose hands the balance of power no less resides. Their ranks are filled with assassins available for hire, and anyone in the city with coin or justice upon their side may seek them out. Should anyone want to rule this city (which needs a name), they had better make sure that the Faceless are on their side... and a battle for power is brewing between the magisters.

How will Vylario's involvement with the Faceless unfold when the battle breaks and how safe will Laenara be? Will she defend her father's wealth and prestige with her life, or will she seek protection from her masked saviour, whose daily clientelle includes respected members of the G'sylax household? Their futures are in our hands.

Requirements: Someone to play Laenara, primarily, though I imagine we will both have to take on the roles of minor characters throughout this story. Applicants should be literate, detailed and comfortable with handling multiple characters.

Other info: I'd like if this idea triggered potential ideas for development in your head, or if you were at least able to envisage Laenara's character in more detail than I have given. Send me a PM if you're interested and include some information on why you're interested or what ideas you have to further the plot!
Harry Haller & The Magic Theatre, not a Magic Carpet Ride.