Young Justice - Recruitment paused

Started by Primarch, January 01, 2013, 02:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Looks good.

I've received interest from another person via PM, after that person I'll be halting recruitment on Team Members until we have another Instructor in place. I might be GMing it on my own but I'd appreciate a small number able to nudge things along with training sessions and generally making sure characters are doing alright IC.

apygoos

funny you say that cause I was making it a point to get a Nightwing post up tonight and get everyone settled, do we have a map of the lay of the land?

Jmorty33

Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

AribethAmkiir

Hey Primarch do we have an OOC for this, yet?

apygoos

just realized: superboy may inadvertantly get a different name, lol

apygoos

that works perfectly, I'll let the scene stay open for a bit before Dick gives them the tour

apygoos

...oh god, now all the Wonder Girl x Nightwing fanfics will come to fruition

Jmorty33

I actually think that more Wonder Girl x Superboy fan fics would come here since that pairing is canon in the comics.

apygoos

Just a waiting game for a Batgirl to come around, I can feel it.
either way, we need an OOC thread for this, >.>

Diesel Heart

Player: Wardence
Name: Veronica Anne Arky
Codename: Anarchy
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 152
Appearance:

Veronica stands at 5'7" and weighs roughly 140 pounds on average. She features very punk-like hair fashioned in what best can be described as a loose mohawk that's leaning to the side while the rest of her head is shaved. Her eyes are low and due to how she usually almost always wears black cosmetics, her pale golden eyes really stand out in a crowd. She exhibits various piercings as well, most notably the left eyebrow piercing and lip piercing. Physically, she appears very athletic, sporting noticeable abs and biceps. Her wrists (though mostly concealed with tattoos) sport various healed burn wounds and seemingly deep abrasions. The left wrist seems lightly disfigured.

Her torso is entirely covered in tattoos of various designs, however the bulk shares a design of a rose garden of black roses and skulls. The thorn vines travel and weave to other tattoos, sprouting either a skull or rose. A tilted word 'Vivi' curves along just above her right breast line in tribal italicized lettering with the dot of the lower case i trailing towards a flaming tribal guitar on her stomach, interlining with the rose garden vines. Her right shoulder bears an anarchy symbol as if it were branded on her with flame featuring with it a small chain link that travels up her shoulder and collar to wrap around her neck and travel down the other shoulder in a similar pattern where an upside down anarchy sign is seeming tattooed to resemble graffi

Powers:
* Amateur Level Magic: Having been able to utilize its energies, she began to study magic. Knowing her memory's capabilities, she was taken down the Foci path rather than using components and spellbooks. It's focused primarily on healing, but she's been able to perform teleportation as well as some sigils and wards before.
* Eidetic Memory: Veronica's memory is eidetic, allowing her to recall other aspects of the event including sensory information that is visual (Sight), auditory (Sound), tactile (Touch), gustatory (Taste), and olfactory (Smell), as well as other dimensions.
* Adaptive Muscle Mimicry: Thanks to her memory being so cognitively hyper-sensitive, innate fighting prowess, and die-hard trail and error attitude, Anarchy is able to replicate or mimic most motor skills relatively well. Though this is not perfectly accurate, she has proven to be able to mimic athletic feats, moves from various fighting styles, and feats of marksmanship. (Essentially this means she enters a trance-like state in stressful combat. Her vision will go grey and its pretty much like a version of heightened perception, intuition, and awareness.)
Skills:
* Adept Free Runner: Veronica often grew bored when she wasn't involved with something, and thus self-taught herself by watching others paying tribute to her memory's capabilities.
* Adept Firearm Usage: Veronica displays an impressive accuracy and skill with various firearms, though favors pistols. She is capable of hitting a target dead on from at least fifty feet with a normal handgun and capable of hitting a four square foot target from a hundred feet away with a sniper rifle.
* Wheelman: Give Veronica a vehicle with an even number of wheels, and she'll give you a new lap time.
Equipment:
* Goggles: The goggles carry with them various technological sights including night vision, thermal vision, and has a build-in uplink to the crime computer and telecommunications display.
* Esperance: French for "Promise". It's what Veronica named the ebony black handgun. A master's work, the handgun can be disassembled and reassembled again to fit other various types of ammo, due to the amount of adaptable pieces that came with the handgun itself. On either side of the weapon are two polished circles which offer mirror-like properties, which seem to display images... Which makes it all the more obvious that Esperance isn't a normal handgun. Esperance has in way it's own presence. It doesn't want to be used by anybody else but their respective owner, and anybody else holding the handgun will find it awkward, to the point of finding the weapon inaccurate, unbalanced, etc. But when the owner holds it, it however feels like it fits their hand just the way it should, giving the feeling that it belongs in their hand: it actually improves the accuracy up to near-perfect levels. But it's more interesting property is, even if loaded with lethal ammo, it will never actually kill (or truly injure) unless deliberately firing it lethally. Each shot drains the target's energy, in a way that a mortal wound caused by the bullet will instead just knock them out for a while. A crippling shot at the target's leg, in example, will still cripple him/her, but without the pain and injury.
Weaknesses:
* Mortal: Veronica is still a mortal and ages as any other human would. She possesses a trained and experienced willpower, but things are still on par with others. A simple firearm or blade can still harm her as well as anything else out of the ordinary.
* Psychological Issues: For the larger majority, this is unknown, but Veronica suffers deep psychological issues which can prove to be debilitating in certain instances. Things already known to set her off is the use of children against her, implying she is without her own sanity, or the loss of loved ones and friends.
* Savant Syndrome: Veronica is diagnosed with Savant Syndrome and explains her incredible prodigious talent with a guitar as well as her difficulty in applying her eidetic memory to its full use.
Backstory:
The truth behind Veronica's true origins are actually unknown. Later discovery in life have revealed her memories to have been tampered with in the past and most of what she grew up knowing to be a lie. She does know however, that her father was the notorious Dimitri "The Truth" Vincento, a notorious drug trafficker during the nineties and early two thousands. She was used as his pawn of distraction to the local authorities during her early life from the age of six. At the age of eleven she came into possession of a stolen guitar and decided to try and use it. Due to her savant syndrome, she took to it immediately, learning a song she heard on the radio by ear after a few days of trying. Continued efforts as the years past, she eventually began to earn some money off the streets playing guitar when she wasn't busy struggling with survival or working for "The Truth".  After getting the impression of always being an outsider to soceity, she ran into an individual who taught her the beliefs of anarchy. She saw it as a means to strike back at those who had done her wrong and began to change her style of music, lyrical meanings, appearance, and outlook on life. Due to her efforts of violence encouraging musical displays and public defiance of the law, the people deemed her "Anarchy".
For the next two years, "Anarchy" became a bane in the sides of police and other heroic individuals who tried to stop her. It wasn't until a group of heroes that worked with other teenage metahumans attempted to arrest her that she finally came into custody of the law. Not knowing she had no birth certificate and no proof of residence, the group of heroes worked with the authorities until the conclusion was made that Veronica would stay with those who arrested her in legal custody until further notice. During the time, she was whipped into shape by various mentors and instructors who taught her martial arts, moral codes, social skills, and some general education. Eventually "The Truth" made an appearance and made things more difficult until she finally stood up against him to make the arrest herself. The court date followed shortly after and all actions and charged placed under her were not held accountable in accordance to forced coercion outside of her individual actions as "Anarchy". She was sentenced to perform a reformation program with the group she was already with, as results were being shown through their actions. She eventually came into a field leader position with the program until it was shut down for lack of funding and she parted ways with the group.
Since then, she has dedicated herself to putting what she's learned to good use, fighting crime where she can find it. Eventually, in a chance of fate, one might say, she met with a woman on the same job she was working on, and the two hit it off quite nicely. Seeing the situation Anarchy was placed in, the generous soul kindly offered to help her out and soon became her legal guardian. Months pass and Anarchy gets her GED on request of the woman as well as starting her tutelage to becoming a sorcerer. For a celebration ceremony of a mutual friend, gifts were exchanged to all members present where Anarchy found herself with the pistol "Esperance" named after the promise she's made to the woman to never let her down or forget what she's taught her.

Darkcide

Player: Darkcide
Name: Damien Wilson.
Codename: Ravager
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 185 lbs
Appearance:

Actual Appearance

Powers:
Enhanced Physical Attributes: Damien can press a maximum of two tons under duress. His running speed tops out at 50 mph. A reaction speed of 40 kph allowing him to dodge gunfire at point blank ranges. Damien is durable enough to walk away from injuries that would seriously harm or kill a normal person, though he is by no means able to withstand a prolonged beating from a superhumanly strong adversary.

Heightened Senses: Damien has superior senses to a normal human.

Enhanced Intellect: Damien's mind functions like a computer as he's able to utilize 90% of his mental processes. He percieves things at inhuman speeds, he has an accelerated aptitude for learning and problem solving, has perfect recall and can assess threats and respond to them quickly.

Limited Healing Factor: He cannot regenerate limbs, but his body heals damaged tissue quickly. He can recover from multiple gun wounds or broken bones in hours. Also gives him a heightened resistance to illness, poisons and chemical agents.

Limited Precognition: These visions are triggered by adrenaline and at times give him brief glimpses into the future that allow him to predict what opponents will do. This ability is uncontrollable however and not something that he can readily rely on.

Skills: Martial Arts Training (Personal style has elements of Krav Maga, Muay Thai & Jujitsu.)
Genius Intellect centered around tactics and problem solving
Marksman
Fieldcraft
Vehicle Handling

Equipment:

Armor: A kevlar-promethium composite that are fairly resistant to conventional damage. The mask is a faceplate that has sensors built into the eyes that allow him to see in different spectrums, offers limited life support in charges, and has a communication device built in.
Firearms: He has access to an assortment of firearms, though he usually carries two pistols and at times a sniper rifle of some kind with a preference towards H&K.
Sword: Promethium forged longsword with an acid etched edge.
Grenades: Damien frequently carries 2 of each type. Fragmentation, Incediary, Smoke, and Flashbangs
Energy Lance: A metal staff that is capable of blasting energy beams of intense heat from both ends. Inherited from his father.

Weaknesses: Personality Quirks Damien has a major chip on his shoulders and is by nature a loner and he overestimates his capabilities.
Anger: He shares his father's horrible temper and can be something of a loose cannon.
Heightened Senses: His sharpened senses leave him vulnerable to both strobe effects and sonic attacks.

Backstory: Damien Wilson is an illegitimate son of Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke the Terminator born through an affair on one of Slade's adventures. After Slade's fallout with his wife Adeline, he met his son for the first time through the machinations of his ex lover. She was a rebel who fought against a harsh dictatorship and after years of saving up from the raids she conducted, she was able to scrape enough together for a sit down with the Terminator. He remembered her instantly, and upon seeing the boy he decided to raise him alongside his daughter Rose. The two children were extremely competitive with one another, and Slade brought them with him on his travels and personally trained them. Rose would wind up becoming the more amoral of the two, while Damien maintained a strong sense of justice to him and a disdain for those who abuse power due to his upbringing. While Rose was eager to follow their father into the life of a mercenary, Damien on the other hand wanted to use his abilities for a greater purpose and has turned his training towards fighting crime with his father's blessing so long as their interests don't clash. While he does fight on the side of the angels, he's closely monitored for his frequent usage of excessive force.

Primarch

Darkcide is our interested party via PM, go ahead and post to the character thread.

Warden, I'm not sure where your character learned magic, or where "Esperance" comes from. I'd also like to know more about what benefits she'll start with based on her  Adaptive Muscle Mimicry.

That being said, between Darkcide & Warden, team 2 is now full. Bar an Instructor. I'm not expanding until we have an instructor for Team 2.

Primarch

Diesel Heart

Seems my copy paste cut off to explain those two questions. Apologies.

Well, this character has been someone I've been playing in various different venues, be them MMORPG, PnP, or simple renditions on other games with no roleplay aspect since around November of 2011. Most actively, she's my main character on the MMORPG Champions Online. The mass version of the character can be found: http://www.primusdatabase.com/index.php?title=Vivi here if you are more curious.

She began to learn magic from the woman who became her legal guardian shortly after the start of her heroic career, when she took interest in wanting to help the woman out with healing others they affiliated with. Months later same said woman decided to give her a gift for a celebration in the form of that pistol. Again, apologies if the copy paste didn't go all the way through. I will edit the post and insert the rest of the information accordingly.

apygoos

If I may makea suggestion? Why not let Aqualad be instructor 2? that way recruitment could keep rolling well. He already is a very strong, solid character to take up that role.

Primarch

Quote from: apygoos on January 04, 2013, 08:02:25 PM
If I may makea suggestion? Why not let Aqualad be instructor 2? that way recruitment could keep rolling well. He already is a very strong, solid character to take up that role.

I'm not against that, although personally I think its cool we have a couple of the original characters from the series on the active teams. But if Blackest wants to switch before anything happens IC to set him into place I'm okay with it. Would just need to bump the age up a bit & I move the character from team 2 to Instructor in the character sheet.

Quote from: WardenIce on January 04, 2013, 12:06:46 PM
She began to learn magic from the woman who became her legal guardian shortly after the start of her heroic career, when she took interest in wanting to help the woman out with healing others they affiliated with. Months later same said woman decided to give her a gift for a celebration in the form of that pistol. Again, apologies if the copy paste didn't go all the way through. I will edit the post and insert the rest of the information accordingly.

Sure, go ahead and post to the character thread.

Primarch

Quote from: mia h on January 05, 2013, 11:35:30 AM
Just want to check I'm not misunderstanding this, the instructors are basically going to hang around Mt. Justice 24/7, drinking coffee, tidying up after the kids, doing the laundry etc. while everyone else gets to have fun. OK, it's not going to be that extreme but saying 'active teams' suggests that instructors are 'inactive' and won't get to go outside and play.

Well for the most part that's correct. When the teams aren't on a mission they're responsible for the teams training and what not, but when there's a mission to be performed its the team responsibility. The team was put together to get sidekicks and junior levels heroes together and give them their own responsibility. Having the instructors tag along to hold their hand through missions would make the whole thing redundant. The instructors are occupying the role of Red Tornado & Black Canary in the show.

If a situation escalates and things turn dire, instructors could move in as reinforcements where possible. But generally speaking they are not a part of the team proper.

apygoos

suddenly Dick takes on Babs cripple role

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Primarch on January 05, 2013, 01:17:27 PM
Well for the most part that's correct. When the teams aren't on a mission they're responsible for the teams training and what not, but when there's a mission to be performed its the team responsibility. The team was put together to get sidekicks and junior levels heroes together and give them their own responsibility. Having the instructors tag along to hold their hand through missions would make the whole thing redundant. The instructors are occupying the role of Red Tornado & Black Canary in the show.

If a situation escalates and things turn dire, instructors could move in as reinforcements where possible. But generally speaking they are not a part of the team proper.

If the instructors roles are this limited perhaps the people playing instructors could have another character so that they can still participate in the game while the teams are on missions?

Primarch

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 05, 2013, 01:37:33 PM
If the instructors roles are this limited perhaps the people playing instructors could have another character so that they can still participate in the game while the teams are on missions?

I'm not against that.

I'd also not be against the Instructors being in radio contact with the team to offer advice and co-ordinate where appropriate (might not be able to be in radio contact from half the world away or in an underground lair for instance).

Re Z L

A&A

Primarch

Primarch

Jmorty33

apygoos