a taste of heaven

Started by hatguy, June 05, 2013, 07:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatguy

I met her at work. I had been there only a couple days and she had been there for 5 weeks. We had worked together for a couple shifts and got to know each other a bit. About her; She was perfect. She was beautiful. Funny, kind, and best of all she liked me. Myself? nothing special-quite plain actually.

I'm new in town and have wanted go out and explore. The city is in the forest, small neighborhoods scattered around with a couple acres of trees separating them.  In talking with her at work I told her I was eager to go out and explore. To my great luck-she offered to be my guide, and I willingly accepted the offer.

I was waiting when she got there, and she looked stunning. We spent the whole afternoon out on the trails, talking, taking pictures and after a bit even flirting back and forth. Having so much fun we had lost track of time, and couldn't get back to the main trailhead before dark. Katherine had decided we should go to one of the little used trails that would take us right back almost to my house. I was feeling very good after our little outing and thought I could ask her out.

We had said out goodbyes and I decide now or never; "I...Uhhh. It was really fun today and I enjoyed you....Er I mean being with you.  Do you..umm..want..."

And with that she pulled me in close to her and kissed me passionately. I could smell her perfume, flowery and subtle. Feel her soft skin, feel her chest rise and fall when she took a breath. It felt like we were there for 20 minutes, but it was only 90 seconds.

" I really like you" Katherine said as she broke the kiss. She was looking into my eyes "I loved being with you today."

So does this count as our first date?

Yes. I...I'm so sorry. It has to be our last. I have to go home, my mom is sick.

You're coming back right? I mean...I have never felt like this over anyone else.

"I'm so, so sorry, " I could see the tears in her eyes "I don't think I am. I have to take care of my sister. I love you."  and with that she pulls me in for a hug. "I'll miss you. I will NEVER forget you"

And with a kiss on my cheek she's gone.

The next morning I find a note on my door. A letter from Katherine;

I'm so sorry. I really like you and I'm sorry it was only once. I was afraid, and thought you would never go out with me if I said I was leaving. I don't know how long I'll be. If you'll wait for me, I'll wait for you.

XOXO KAT

It smelled just like her perfume. I've kept that note with me and have come back, and walked that trail every summer since she left. I'm back for the third year, and am watching the birds. I see another hiker walking towards me and pay no attention as she passes. That is until I smell the perfume. Her perfume. MY heart skips, and I turn around, only to see a bunch of hair flying toward me covering my face as she gives me a hug, and kiss. We are together, and will remain so for our lives, a;ways returning to the same place every summer. The city grows, we have children and they grow. More houses are built, the trees cut down, the forest becomes a large highway. We bought some land and built a community park inside the concrete jungle. The very spot we kissed is now a park named after Katherine's mother. Everything has changed. Except our love has remained, and that's all that need to.
Hurtin' Albertan with nothing more to lose
Too much oil money, Never enough booze,
East of the Rockies and west of the rest do my best
do my damnedest and that's just about all I guess
https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=44450
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=176667.0