News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Dark Raven's Total Life Blog

Started by The Dark Raven, March 23, 2015, 05:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dark Raven

So, today I make a change.  I'm vowing to lose 30 lbs by September 30.  I need to start eating healthier, drinking more water, paying attention to what goes into my mouth, I need to exercise.

Fifteen years ago I weighed 127 lbs and passed the physical fitness test to get into the USMC.  Now I can't even remember how to exercise and last about 5 minutes.

I know how to cook, but at the same time I don't.  I make junk and eat it, but I need to be eating balanced, nutritious meals. 

I need to do this for me, no matter how much my hubby says he loves me as is.  I need to get ahead of this before I fall into the same traps that earned my grandmother a life-ending heart attack.  What better day to do it than what would have been her 93rd birthday.

For Gramma and for me.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

The Dark Raven

3/24/15

Ht: 5'6.5"
Wt: 170
Shoulder: 44"
Bust: 34/39"
Waist: 35"
Hip:46"

Goal Wt: 135 or 140
Goal Date: 9/30/15

3/23 exercise:
30 leg lifts (10 flat, 10 left, 10 right)
40 dumbbells (10 sides, 10 up, 10 pec butterfly, 10 back)
10 squats
20 wall pushups

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

jouzinka

Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Blythe

You can do it, Daylily! <3

I've always found getting into a regular exercise routine is harder than adjusting what I eat. Will be cheering you on and hoping you reach your goal! ^^

Nico

Yes! You can do it, darling!  :-*

The Dark Raven

3/24 exercise (so far):
10 leg lifts (10 flat)
30 dumbbells (10 bench press, 10 pec butterfly, 10 rowovers)
10 squats
20 wall pushups

Vaccuumed the upper floor and deep-cleaned 3 bathrooms (partially finished)

Joel

The Dark Raven

3/25:

Vaccuumed first floor of house, finished bathrooms, cleaned kitchen, 1/2 of office closet organized.

30 wall pushups
20 dumbbell pec flys
20 dumbbell rowovers
20 leg lifts
20 hip adductors

The Dark Raven

Kimbersqk

Love you lily. if you put your mind to anything, have support doing it, you can reach for the stars. *hugs and walks a mile with*
Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes.
It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon half way around the world. - Chaos Theory from Butterfly Effect

Kimber's O/O's
Sorries
Kimber doing what she loves. Signing C'est La Vie by B*Witched

The Dark Raven

3/26:

10 dumbbell rowovers
10 leg lifts

10,000 steps at work

The Dark Raven

3/27:

10 crunches while at work
10,000 steps

Exhaustion took me straight to bed.  Feel like such a slacker.

jouzinka

We train so that we could rest. ;)

The Dark Raven

3/28:

8,000 steps at work
2 minute wall sit
20 wall pushups
10 squats
10 leglifts

Had a diet soda today for the first time in a long time.  It did not appeal to me, even though I finished it (because I hate to waste things).  I was happy with my hot tea in the morning and the water through the rest of the day.  I am noticing that the trip to the grocery is sorely needed soon because I need dairy (I am craving buttered toast something awful, and I know I need to drink more milk since I can't buy just cheese at work and they only have whole milk or protein drinks that are not tasty in the least to me).

The Dark Raven

3/29:

8,000 steps at work

3/30 Update:

Measurements:
Weight: 165 lb
Shoulders: 43"
Bust: 33/38"
Waist: 34.25"
Hips: 45"

Changes made so far:  No more sodas, light exercise.
Week splurges: 1 diet soda (nasty tasting), 1 Starbucks type coffee (crashed my sugar, passing on that)

jouzinka

I feel you on the diet soda, bleh.

The Dark Raven

3/30:

9,000 steps at work

3/31:

10,000 steps at work

jouzinka

Keep it up, Lily. You're doing great! :-)

The Dark Raven

Update on target weight after speaking with my doc yesterday:

Goal weight: 135.

rotburn

*jumps on this wagon and joins the Raven in her challenge!*
Woot~! Go girl!

jouzinka

The Dark Raven

The Dark Raven

4/14:

Been slacking with work but I'm down to 164.

The Dark Raven

4/16:

Updating resume, studying for the MT exam.

Should update with exercises later this evening.

Dimir

When is the MT exam (if you're okay with sharing) so I know which day to wish you the best of luck on? ^^
My PM Box is always open for those who wish to chat with someone.
Major fan of Magic The Gathering, Sailor Moon and Pokemon
O/O's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221869.0