The Tiger General's Rebellion [Courtiers Win!]

Started by Caeli, March 18, 2010, 06:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stattick

Stattick, wearing clean clothes, and freshly groomed, stares long and hard at the pond, where the candles for the dead burn. He had not yet burned any for those that had fallen thus far, but now his candles have joined the others. Pale, and deep in mourning for those that have passed, he doesn't try to surpress his tears, but neither does he wail out.

"I don't know who to vote for," he murmurs. "But I am considering things carefully."
O/O   A/A

Stattick

I've agonized over this, but I've come to a decision. I have to vote for Xandi this time. Think on this for a moment. She's always the one pointing fingers. She always gets a bunch of people to follow along with her. And then we kill another innocent. Everyone that the spies have killed is someone that's voted against her in the past. It's obvious. She's been masterfully playing us all against each other all along. She's a spy.

Or, you know, there is a possibility that she isn't a spy. Instead, she's just the one that's running around and getting innocents killed. And declaring that she has a role in an open thread. And PMing all over the place (I've been watching her in the Who's Online thread)... and even talking about other people's roles, at least to me. And maybe to others as well, based on the sheer volume of PM's I've seen her sending out. And she's been stirring up more chaos then any three other participants combined. Was she accidentally responsible for Valerian's death as well? She's either a spy intentionally, or she's such a bad gossip and gadfly, that she's might as well be a spy.

There is strong case for her being a spy. There is an equally strong case for her being a detriment to us if she isn't. Either way, spy or not, I think she's just too dangerous to live. This is the first thing I've been sure of. So, please join me in ridding ourselves of this troublemaker.
O/O   A/A

Imogen

Imogen fell silent after Saffron's words, carefully considering their merit. The vehemence in the young lady's words spoke for her and Imogen found herself swayed, casting more than one dubious glance at Kyrsa. "If your heart is pure, Saffron, then I wish you nothing but prosperity and a long life. It is true that Lady Kyrsa might be the guilty one, I shall give you the benefit of doubt and throw my vote with yours for now."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn52

Xandi fell silent listening to Stattick until she finally said, "I will speak only one more time, I beg of you to vote against me. I know this is unorthodox but think of this, once I am proven to be who I say I am, you all can consider who has spoken against me. Their is other reasons a person sends a PM besides this counsel. I have nothing to hide except my shame in believing someone to be honest and trustworthy who is not. So again I beg of you to kill me, vote against me. I can no longer stand the sight of the people who supposedly are my friends who speak such vial things against me.  I beg of all of you to cast your votes against me, I have nothing to hide. I think I would prefer to die by the hands of this court than by the hands of the spies.

In disgust Xandi looked at Stattick and said, "For someone who has been watching my movements so closely instead of trying to find out who the spies are you certainly expose what you are. If not a spy, then a person I besiege everyone to be careful around. He is not trustworthy. I will not change my vote for I am not sure if Stattick is a spy. What is one more day to allow Kyrsa to live? Not that I value her life above any other, I however want to be vindicated in my death."

One more thing perhaps this councel would be interested to know that it was Stattick who contacted me first, not the other way around.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Stattick

Well then. For everyone else's benefit, this is what you told me via PM. You PMed Iejir, asking him to change his vote against you. Then you watched him on the Who's Online thread (thank you, actually it hadn't occurred to me before then to watch our player's activity there). He sent out a PM, but not to you. Then he logged off. Later, he logged back on, but still didn't respond to your PM. That's all I know of the dealing between the two of you. However, it's a spurious reason to believe him guilty, unless there is other evidence. And if there is, you've had more then enough time to explain it, or to point it out.

However, I've been watching, like I said. You've been awfully busy...

Furthermore, I can point to the chaos that you've wrought. It's plain to see. You've spoken to me about others. I won't name them here in this thread, in case some of them are important to our defense. If they are truly important to our defense, then you shouldn't have revealed them to me. I did not ask you about them - I did not ask for your secrets, or anyone else's. Or you could be a spy, and you're trying to direct my attention away from your co-conspirators.

Now, maybe I'm reading things into this that I shouldn't. Maybe I'm the only one that you've been revealing things to. If that's the case, then you'll have to accept my apology for speaking my mind, and doing the best job that I know how to, to protect those of us that are loyal. I'm not changing my vote though. You're a spy, a gossip spreading secrets, or both. I don't even dislike you - there's no malice here, although I cannot fault you for feeling betrayed... because I did betray you, in a sense, with this post, and my previous one. But I can't sit idly, and hold to implied promises of loyalty when my rational mind tells me that you are jeopardizing us. If you're a spy, it would be shear folly not to vote against you. If you're not, I can't help but feel that you're a big factor in why we're getting the smack down so hard.

As to the fact that I contacted you first, via PM, you're absolutely correct, I did. I will not deny it. If you want to recall, I happened to catch the post where you claimed that you had a special role, within minutes of you posting. And what did I say? I PMed and warned you that you were painting a target on yourself, and that you should immediately go and edit that out of your post before any of the spies saw it. But you left it... and strangely enough, it seems to have protected you from the loyalists, while the spies have also let you live.
O/O   A/A

Caeli

Current Vote
The courtier with the most number of votes will
become a target of the Wolves of the Wind, who, lacking
orders from the Emperor, are attempting to eliminate the
last Wei spies by listening to the suspicions within the Court.

• Iejir (6) - Remiel, Xandi, Kyrsa, Saffron, Ryven, Imogen
  • Kyrsa (2) - Mithlomwen, FallenAngelNajdan
  • Xandi (2) - Stattick, Iejir
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Imogen
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Stattick

Yet To Vote (0):

Ghosts
These individuals are no longer able to serve
the emperor, due to treachery or to unluckiness.
One turn comprises of one day and one night.

• Loyal Supporters of the Emperor of China
    • Courtiers [3/7]
      • Beguile's Mistress - killed by Wei spies (Night 1)
      • Kurzyk - eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind (Day 1)
      • LadySky - eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind (Day 2)
    • Ministers [0/2]
    • The Dragon General [1/1]
      • Valerian - died protecting someone against the Wei spies (Night 2)
    • Royalty: The Loyal Twin [0/1]
  • Traitors
    • Wei Spies [1/3]
      • aymelekT - died in battle against the Dragon General (Night 2)
    • Royalty: The Traitor Twin [0/1]
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Blaed

"It saddens me to say this, but Kyrsa, you have my vote tonight."

Kye

"So be it then, if I must die to prove my innocence, then that is the wish of this court.  I will say this, though I know that it will not save my life.  When I die, so will your Minister of the Royal Archives, leaving the loyalists without a resource they desperately need.  I beg of you, please, when my words prove to be true turn your eyes towards Iejir, for I know his loyalty lies with the Wei spies, not with this court.  I also suspect the ones who are voting against me this day, look to them and I pray that you will be able to save yourselves.  My dying prayers will be with you, my fellow loyalists, in a hope that you will survive this trial," Kyrsa bowed low, giving the rest of the court the honor she felt that it deserved even with her imminent death looming over her head.

Autumn Sativus

In this vote, I was picking blindly. I will trust you today, Kyrsa, and replace my vote with one for Iejir. I hope that you are not leading us astray.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Ryven

"I, too, will trust Kyrsa.  My vote changes to Iejir."

Imogen

Imogen offered Kyrsa a faint smile. "I doubted the word of a woman trying to escape the wolves, but I trust the talents of the Minister of Royal Archives. Therefor, you have my support. Iejir must be guilty."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Caeli

After Minister Kyrsa revealed herself, the Wolves of the Wind discreetly slipped out to confer with Minister Hong. It was perilous to trust mere words; how did they know that this was simply a plot to rid the Court of yet another supporter of the Emperor?

But the Wolves of the Wind knew what the will of the Court was, so after making the decision, the two best among them slipped out again, this time en route for Minister Iejir's study.

He was there, as his usual, seemingly unaffected by the clear suspicion against him by the Court. He glanced up, seeing his two visitors; a smile showed that he hadn't a clue that they were not there for a friendly visit.

When his body was found right before the afternoon meal, it was no jade pendant hanging from his bruised neck, but an amulet of red jade, carved with the likeness of a tiger on its face. It seemed that Kyrsa had at least known the truth: Minister Iejir had, indeed, been a Wei spy.

• aymelekT - Wei spy, died in battle against the Dragon General
  • Beguile's Mistress - Courtier, killed by the Wei spies
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Iejir - Wei spy, eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind
  • Imogen
  • Kurzyk - Courtier, eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind
  • Kyrsa
  • LadySky - Courtier, eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Stattick
  • Valerian - Dragon General, died protecting an innocent against the Wei spies
  • Xandi

There are 4 Courtiers, 1 Minister of the Royal Archives, 1 Minister of the Treasury, 1 Wei Spy, and 2 Royal Twins remaining.

And in one fell swoop, not one, but two Wei spies have died within one turn!

There is one lone Wei spy (and one ally, the Traitor twin) remaining, against seven  loyal supporters of the Emperor.

All roles with nighttime abilities, please PM me with your choices. :-) The next day shall commence very soon!

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Caeli

The next victim of the Wei spies was predicted long before the night came. The minister in question ate alone that night, making a toast of good wine to herself before feasting on all of her favorite dishes. She finished writing out the documents that had been unfinished since this turmoil had begun, and neatened up her study and her rooms.

When the remaining Wei spy came that night, Kyrsa, the Minister of the Royal Archives, bowed.

In the morning, the unease was palpable; there were few allies who would be able to help Emperor Zhang's supporters, now.

• aymelekT - Wei spy, killed by the Dragon General
  • Beguile's Mistress - Courtier, killed by Wei spies
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Iejir - Wei spy, eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind
  • Imogen
  • Kurzyk - Courtier, eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind
  • Kyrsa - Minister of the Royal Archives, killed by Wei spies
  • LadySky - Courtier, eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Stattick
  • Valerian - Dragon General, died in a fight against the Wei spies
  • Xandi

There are 4 Courtiers, 1 Minister of the Treasury, 1 Wei Spy, and 2 Royal Twins remaining.

The fourth day has begun. Good luck, everyone. :-)

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Autumn52

Xandi almost afraid to speak gathered her courage and finally broke the silence that had fallen on the court.  She said, "In honor of the sacrifice so many have made, Kyrsa and Valerian, I will not stay silent any longer. I spoke first once before and my life was nearly cut short but I can not think of that now, not in these perilous times. We are so close to ridding ourselves of the Spies. Please I beg of you, any who are loyal, vote with me now and end this rebellion.

It is my belief that the remaining spy has been very clever. So clever in fact that 'she' had kept herself away from any suspicion until now. Saffron knew she could change her vote in the last round, because without a Dragon General to protect her, Kyrsa was an easy target over the night. Kyrsa knew this too and still sacrificed her life.

Lets rid ourselves of this spy and be done with it shall we? Vote Saffron.

Xandi lowered her head, walking to the river and floating a candle for yet another loyalist who had given her life bravely to save Emperor Zhang and his supporters.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Imogen

Imogen returned from the sad task that had become a daily routine since the murders had started. The candles glowed softly, afloat between the sacred purple flowers. She had folded her hands in her long sleeves and bowed her head to Xandi. "I have listened to your counsel before, Xandi, and have yet to regret doing so. My vote shall fall to Saffron as well and hopefully we shall end this unrest for once and all."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ryven

"If you are certain, Xandi, then I will believe you for now.  Saffron"

Autumn Sativus

"I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can feel free to kill me... I know that my death as a courtier will give the Ministers one more day to weed out the true Wei spy. Xandi, you have been suspicious to me since the first day, but other things have popped up to prevent me from voting for you." She shook her head, wondering if she truly had no friends within the court.
Us against the world

Remiel

QuoteIf you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
- Sun Tzu

Though Kyrsa's death saddened him, Remiel now knew that Xandi was to be trusted.  He had suspected her in error; he would not make that mistake again.

"Xandi was correct;
The Wei spies grow desperate.
I, too, vote Saffron."

Autumn Sativus

"When my death proves my innocence... I beg you to blame Xandi as the final Spy." she whispered, taking to her room to sort out the remaining of her life, if it was to be taken so soon.
Us against the world

Stattick

Stattick blushes a little when his eyes catch Xandi, and he glances down. "I... I believe I was mistaken about you. I'm sorry, but I was only trying to ferret out the traitors, same as you. I will vote with you against Saffron. I pray that you're right about her."

He glances up, briefly, before bowing as one would to an equal, and then walks to the pond. At the pond, he produces a candle for Iejir. He speaks quietly, "We were friends. We were enemies. We were united in our desire for a strong empire, yet divided in our goal. I will mourn for you. And I will hate you for causing... this." Stattick waves vaguely at the bickering courtiers at his last word, lights the candle, and then sets it adrift.

He returns to the others then, to sit and watch, and listen. He refuses food, but not wine, and he perhaps drinks too much, in obvious melancholy spirits.
O/O   A/A

Caeli

Current Vote
The courtier with the most number of votes will
become a target of the Wolves of the Wind, who, lacking
orders from the Emperor, are attempting to eliminate the
last Wei spies by listening to the suspicions within the Court.

• Saffron (6) - Stattick, Remiel, Ryven, Imogen, Xandi, Mithlomwen
  • Xandi (2) - Saffron, FallenAngelNajdan
  • FallenAngelNajdan
  • Imogen
  • Mithlomwen
  • Remiel
  • Ryven
  • Stattick

Yet To Vote (0):

Ghosts
These individuals are no longer able to serve
the emperor, due to treachery or to unluckiness.
One turn comprises of one day and one night.

• Loyal Supporters of the Emperor of China
    • Courtiers [3/7]
      • Beguile's Mistress - killed by Wei spies (Night 1)
      • Kurzyk - eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind (Day 1)
      • LadySky - eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind (Day 2)
    • Ministers [1/2]
      • Kyrsa - Minister of the Royal Archives; killed by Wei spies (Night 3)
    • The Dragon General [1/1]
      • Valerian - died protecting someone against the Wei spies (Night 2)
    • Royalty: The Loyal Twin [0/1]
  • Traitors
    • Wei Spies [2/3]
      • aymelekT - died in battle against the Dragon General (Night 2)
      • Iejir - eliminated by the Wolves of the Wind
    • Royalty: The Traitor Twin [0/1]

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Mithlomwen

With a heavy sigh, Mith bowed her head sadly.  "I shall trust the judgment of others and vote for Saffron as well.  I can only pray that we are right." 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Autumn Sativus

Friends, at least those of you who are... before I die I will leave you with my suspicions of Xandi and Stattick as those who are disloyal. I wish you luck in pushing out the spies as they have been responsible for not only my death but everyone who has given their lives. Do not believe their lies.
Us against the world

Blaed

After thinking much about who was a spy, and who voted with them, I have come up with a few problems. A few people that are still in our court have sided with the spies before.

So, my vote is going to have to go with.... Xandi. I am sorry, but my thoughts will not clear until I act on them.

Ryven

"Do not think that you have evaded suspicion, FallenAngelNajdan.  If I recall correctly, you were one of the few who still voted for the later Minister Kyrsa after she had come forward.  That seems quite odd to me."