Your New Song Obsession!!

Started by leelan, July 23, 2009, 09:54:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leelan

Have you ever heard a song, and played it to death over and over you loved it so much? Then a month later had a new one? What's yours right now? (Make sure and link in the thread so people can hear if they haven't!)

Mine is "Kiss A Girl" by Keith Urban (and his duet with Kris Allen was hot) and I'm dedicating it to mah girl Grape!! Love you!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOnpvfzbAKo#lq-lq2-hq

Keith Urban - Kiss A Girl
-Je suis belle, incroyable, sexy et un esclave. Je suis ce que vous désirez et vous le savez.-

rg.invalid

It's like you read my mind in creating this thread!

I have TWO songs that fit this, presently. The first being

Bukowski by Modest Mouse

and the second being

Sick or Sane (Fifty for a Twenty) by Senses Fail

So fantastic. And on repeat on my iTunes right at this moment. ;D

well, all that icing and all that cake
i can't make it to your wedding,
but i'm sure i'll be at your wake...

Mnemaxa

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

Lady Annabelle

Unfortunately, mine changes weekly.  So, right now, here is mine.

Collective Soul - Under Heaven's Skies

Collective Soul - Under Heavens Skies

....you're beautiful, you're beautiful here with me
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

DarkAngel

Doktor Sleepless

I haven't listened to much music in the past week, but before that, I've been wearing thin my mp3 of the song "Camioneros" ("Truckers") by Vieja Historia, a local band... it's in Spanish, but if you like Southern Rock, you'll enjoy it.

Here's an mp3 of the song, and if you like it; here's their latest EP, which is free for download.

Lilias

The other day, I did an entire afternoon/evening's posting playing this on a loop. I only found out afterwards it had just topped the UK charts as well.

Cascada - Evacuate The Dancefloor
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Callista

OMG! I'm embarrassed to say what mine is but here goes:
Lady Gaga - LoveGame
Thats the best I can do because they don't allow embedding on this one.
Graze on my lips; and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie.  William Shakespeare
Different hearts beat on different strings
Apologies and Absences
Ons & Offs
Another Ons & Offs
Roleplay Request

DarkAngel

the fox without

Europe - The Final Countdown

and I don't know why I'm stuck on it, I wasn't even alive when it was new, and I don't usually listen to this kind of stuff, but I've been stuck on it for awhile now

Misery

NIN - Everyday Is Exactly The Same [Video Version

NIN - Everyday is exactly the same

:Still working on all options when posting.     :-)
“There is no greater sorrow than to be mindful of the happy time in misery.”  - Dante Alighieri

The Joker

Well, can't post a video link to it because Youtube have put a region block on it, so the cut out and, er, delete after listening version is here; http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b3zwzjiuaij

The Hoodoo Gurus - I Want You Back.

Remember hearing this once ages ago, never knew the band, and when you do a search for 'I Want You Back' you get Jackson 5 and other rubbish ( apologies Jackson5 fan - if you could say hi to the Chesney Hawkes fan that'd be great!). So I forgot about it.

Then, while downloading a torrent, I found this track in it purely by chance! I think it had been about 15 years since I first heard it, and hadn't heard it anywhere since.

Play it. Rewind. Play. Rewind. Play Rewind.

C'mon - you know you want to!
Some of the oldies really are goldies, pop pickers!

J.

Lirliel

"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Callista

Lady Gaga - I Like It Rough

A new fondness I have developed...

Grrrrrr embedding disabled....
Graze on my lips; and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie.  William Shakespeare
Different hearts beat on different strings
Apologies and Absences
Ons & Offs
Another Ons & Offs
Roleplay Request

Beguile's Mistress

"So What" - Pink
"Concrete and Clay" - Unit 4 + 2

Diabolus Lupus

I really like this duo. I've seen these women in concert 3 or 4 times now, and this has to be my favorite song by them.

Bomshel-Fight Like A Girl Lyrics

OneOfAKiind

This song...it just makes me wanna dance

DAMN GIRL!

and when you think of me years down the line, I hope you can't find one good thing to say

Bloody Paramour

This song is a vocaloid (computer generated voices) and is in Japanese, but im posting a video with the lyrics translated in the actual video. This song actually, is the only thing keeping me going right now. i love it.

Miku & Rin - Reverse Rainbow (逆さまレインボー) with English Sub

Im not exactly sure, at this point, what it's about. But the lyrics make me happy, like, i cant feel lonely any more...

"I use big words. Like......erection"-Me <3
"in a sexual conversation, Duct ape is considered a double negative ♥ "

Elohim

Yakkul

"Men Of Harlech"

I stumbled over this while looking up the movie online... and found various versions of the song... 

For those not in the know, the movie is "Zulu" - Michael Caine is in it. 

"Well chin-chin... do carry on with your mud pies..."

leelan

This illusionist group on America's Got Talent performed to this tonight and man i'm fucking hooked. This song was my initiation out of Classic Rock/Pop as a child and into the "cool group" lol.

Marilyn Manson - Beautiful People
-Je suis belle, incroyable, sexy et un esclave. Je suis ce que vous désirez et vous le savez.-

tes11

My current favourite is Freedom Never Cries by Five For Fighting

Five For Fighting - Freedom Never Cries
My Ons and Offs
Apologies and Absences: -

hakari

Shiri