Something a friend sent me.. fictional TV News show

Started by Callie Del Noire, August 30, 2012, 05:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

But it sums up what I think on the problem of the Tea Party.

"Hi.. I'm Callie.. and apparently I'm not a moderate Republican.. but a R.I.N.O."

The Newsroom - Tea Party is the American Taliban

pyrostinger

I think the sad part about this is that the Tea Party has taken over and that it's so very... repugnant to them to compromise.  I'm not a fan of many republican ideas but how is it that compromise is bad?  Why?

Callie Del Noire

Part of it is.. well hell. initially I supported a lot of the original Tea Party Goals..reform governement, fix the entitlement system, and then.. one day.. they went.. insane and the loons were in charge.

I'm still checking the time line in the vid below.. but at least a FEW of the claims Jeff Daniel's character makes are true.. the claim that Daniel's character makes about Mike Lee is true.. he (and others) support the repeal of the 14th admendment.. in an attempt to keep illegals from granting their kids citizenship.

Tea Party Explained

OldSchoolGamer

While there are certainly exceptions, on balance the Tea Party is just a bunch of useful idiots for the Forbes 400 and Bilderbergs.  They provide a conduit for the anti-government Right to vent its spleen while not having any real power.  If the Tea Party ever did rise to power...well, that simply wouldn't be allowed to happen.  The corporate elite don't want smaller government.  They want government that serves them: state capitalism.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on August 31, 2012, 11:44:02 AM
While there are certainly exceptions, on balance the Tea Party is just a bunch of useful idiots for the Forbes 400 and Bilderbergs.  They provide a conduit for the anti-government Right to vent its spleen while not having any real power.  If the Tea Party ever did rise to power...well, that simply wouldn't be allowed to happen.  The corporate elite don't want smaller government.  They want government that serves them: state capitalism.

Still the stuff they spout now is very scary. IRONICALY doing any with the 14th amendment would weaken one of the foundation stones of corporate personhood.

pyrostinger

Quote from: OldSchoolGamer on August 31, 2012, 11:44:02 AM
They provide a conduit for the anti-government Right to vent its spleen while not having any real power.

Oh I don't know about that.  Tea Party seems to be voting and electing politicians that at the very least pay lip service to Tea Party ideals. 

Shjade

On one hand, I really wish I had access to the channel that runs the Newsroom, as I really liked the pilot and I liked most of West Wing and it just seems all around good.

On the other hand, I'm sure I'd be even more depressed (if that were possible) about American politics and society on the whole than I already am if I were watching it.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.