News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Family Secrets, Deadly Lies

Started by Tagnizkur, February 17, 2011, 04:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tagnizkur

I swear if I had not known any better, I think her backside was a Klingon ship using a tractor beam and my eyes were caught in it.   Its took a moment or to to break free of its magnetic pull but I was successful, just barely mind you. 

Once I am sure she is gone I head back to Albert who instantly explodes into begging.. 

"Look... lock me up...  one day.. Ill go away... spirit ward the place...  You dont have to gate me..  heck.. i dont want you to suffer for me.. I was an as in life and death...  PLEASE Marcus..  just..  dont destroy me.. let me exist..." 

His pleads start of slow and then his words in crease as the pitch of his voice climbs like a never ending flight of stairs..   I quickly turn and grab Albert in an instant and step us both through to the Ghost world.  The tribal marking seem to explode in luminosity on this side of existence and Albert begins to scream. 

"ALBERT...SHUT UP!!!"  I scream at him as he tries desperately to break free of my grasp.  Yet the power within the markings hold him tight. 

"I know all about who you were in life.  I know the detective who got your cold case...  I know about what kind of thing you were in the flesh..  Wife beater... child beater...  What you did to the two boys in 3b..  yeah.. its all in there Albert..  I knew who and what you were before I got here.  I recognized the apartment.. I knew the address...  and I guess I am just lucky that you dumb ass ghosts cant help but to stay to torment a sensitive."

Albert doesn't have time to talk as the markings seem to come to life as tendrils of power explode out of the flowing light and wrap themselves around Albert.  Pathetic muted screams come from the ghost as he pleads on deaf ears.  My eyes glow a deep green and in that moment the tendrils of power rip him a apart violently.   Nothing remains of what was Albert the molester, Albert the wife beater.... nothing. 

I step back into our world.  Time in the flesh is slow in comparison to the other side.  over there everything moves rapidly.  A second here is life five minutes there.   Yet for a ghost what is time?  I quickly look happy to hear Julie still preparing the coffee in the kitchen.  I take a deep breath and shake off the thoughts of the moment.  Julie will never know just who Albert was in life.  She doesnt need to know just what kind of thing has been bothering her. 

I fake a light smile as I walk back to the kitchen.

"Ok he is gone.. so lets talk .."

Ink Slinger

Julie looked nervous and tired.  She hadn't slept in days and only hoped not to make a fool of herself talking to him.  She filled both cups with coffee and passed one over to him.

"Are you hungry?" She asked and held the plate of muffins out.  "The couch is probably the most comfortable place to sit and talk." 

This was insane.  Absolutely insane.  She chewed the inside of her cheek.  "So that's it, he's really gone?  He won't be back?  I, wow.  Thank you.  I mean, I really thought I was loosing my mind."
Ons and Offs                   A/A                         Cravings  
not considering new RPs. Erratic response time

Tagnizkur

"No...  Albert is" eradicated.. destroyed.. torn apart.. eviscerated... " going to never bother you again...  I promise that.."

I join her on the couch and make direct eye contact to the best of my ability. 

"I can setup some wards to be sure no other haunts decide to may an impromptu appearance.  Im sure you tried all the Hollywood ways already so Ill teach you some of the proper things..."

As I talk my mind for some odd reason.. well ok its just because I am male and we dont think on one thing other than getting some for long..  but now.. that tractor beam is ever so desperately trying to drag my eyes down.   Damn you cleavage and your wily ways..

I clear my throat softly and again drag my eyes up.  "The only reason you were losing your mind is because you are a sensitive..  Aside from the horrible... never get it right tv stuff.. what did your family ever teach you about the paranormal.?"

Ink Slinger

"Hollywood, the internet, stupid stories you hear as a kid."  She chuckled.  "I tried it all.  And of course none of it worked.  Then I started begging and pleading.  That didn't work either.  After he showed up in my shower a few weeks ago...I've only been showering at the gym." She looked down at the cup of coffee in her hands. 

"They didn't, er  well, I didn't listen.  My grandmother tried and I refused to listen to her.  I rolled my eyes and ignored her.  My mom, I guess it skipped her or something.  I don't know.  She never said anything about it, only that she never felt it and so just to humor grandma." She shook her head.  "Why now?"  She looked up at him.   

"I mean, I'm twenty-eight.  I've been living on my own since I was seventeen and purposely failed to turn my campus housing paperwork in on time.  Why have I not seen ghosts before now?"  She made a face.  "I've visited Savannah, Georgia.  Supposedly the most haunted city in the US."

Tagnizkur

"Well there are two possibilities..  one requires a personal question and the other is more of just an odd mental block some people can create.."  Most people squirm at the mention of personal and I being a complete stranger doesn't help.

"If you are willing to answer a personal question Ill as it..  but the other reason could be as simple as mental blocking.  Someone like your grandma could have literally trained your gift by mere words and suggestive trances to just shut off..  What would have kicked it on for you was a haunt like Albert.. something.."  Damn it... she is going to freak at these next words.."well.. evil!"

I quickly gulp down and throw a few quick distraction jabs because I dont want her to focus on the fact that Albert was evil.  Then she will ask why.. and Lord knows..She wont want to sleep here tonight.  Of course head number two quickly thinks thats not such a bad idea. 

"Very good coffee by the way.  What flavor is it.. I might want to get some for my place.  So would you mind a personal question?"

Ink Slinger

For whatever reason she felt, almost comfortable answer a question from Marcus.  If he weren't sitting in her living room, if he was just a faceless person on the other side of her computer monitor she wouldn't bat an eye at it.  She chewed the inside of her cheek more thoroughly. 

"He was evil.  Could he have...hurt me?" She asked in a timid voice.  Or maybe she had only asked it in her head because he was asking about the flavor of coffee. 

"Oh, it's uh,  Seattle's Best bold brew.  I put a little fresh hazelnut in it when I put the grounds in the pot."  She shrugged.  "Something my aunt showed me.  Why spend money on expensive coffees, creamers or syrups when you can just grind some hazelnut right into the pot?"  Julie looked back up at him, "You can ask the question and then I will decide whether or not to answer."

Tagnizkur

"Mental trauma...  Let me explain about that because I dont mean trauma in the physical sense.   Its one of a deep spiritual and mental one that sometimes forces the mind to rebuild.  It can stem from childhood...  umm..  sexual abuse, witnessing a murder, being forced into a cult...  Things like that can shut the talent down as the mind tries to build walls all around it.   Did anything of this nature happen to you and has something close to it happened again recently?  If so, those walls would be shattered."

The human mind at times can literally create the images that you are talking about in extreme detail as you say it.  These images flood my mind of someone doing just that top this woman.  This woman I dont know.  This woman I never met.  This woman that suddenly I want to protect more than anything on the earth.  For so horrible reason, I have no idea why.  I hate people.  I hate ghosts.  So why this, why her, why now?!

Who is this woman!

Ink Slinger

Julie thought for a few moments in silence.  It had been more than just her restless spirit that drove her to Chicago for sure.  If one looked closely none of the family photos around her place included a father.  Not many of the pictures included men for that matter. 

"I guess I should give you the whole story." She said softly.  It wasn't one she had shared often.  In fact the only person who knew the whole truth to her childhood and her move to Chicago had been her shrink.  The move had been the good doctor's idea.  A fresh start, in a new place. 

"My biological father and my mother never married.  I was an oops.  He sent support and for a long time I saw him regularly.  Even lived with him for a while, that was after...I was fourteen. Just another of mom's stellar boyfriends came home extremely drunk one night.  I had fallen asleep on the couch watching some movie or another.  He was quick for a drunk.  Before I was even awake he was on top of me lifting my night gown.  He swore he thought I was mom.   She had been having trouble sleeping so she was taking pills.  My screams...didn't wake her up until it was too late.  The neighbor heard though and ripped the asshole off me, but the damage was done.  I went and lived with dad until I was seventeen."  She paused and took a deep breath. 

She had told the whole story in an even, quiet tone.  She told it with the same cold, detachment of someone who had been coached through telling the details repeatedly. 

The next bit rung a bit more emotion from her.  Her brown eyes teared up as she looked up at him for a moment.  "Moving to Chicago from a smaller city in the middle of North Carolina was about more than just being restless and looking for a change of pace.  I needed a whole new start.  Things were fine between me and the guy I was seeing and then we got comfortable.  He let me in on...some fetishes of his.  One night, he went to far.  I snapped.  When the police arrived he was still unconscious.  I was not charged and I didn't press charges.  But he wouldn't leave me alone.  I decided to leave."   She let out a shuddering breath.  "I have thrown myself into my work and have been working more than fourteen hours daily."

Tagnizkur

As she pours out her story pure rage begins to consume me.  Again, and I dont know how.. I am filled with the images.. detailed images, smells, tastes... of her abuse.  I see their faces too.  Faces I will remember.  Faces I will find.  I will hunt them.  They will know suffering as no man has ever before known.  The rage is killing me.  Ripping me apart. 

I begin an inward struggle not to phase out.. not to begin my hunt now.   As he story comes to a close the images slow but how they shall haunt me.  I have never been able to feel a humans pain.. to see them... to know them... to become one with them.   How is this possible?

I look down and see that at some point I have slid close to her and held her hand.  This like the emotions and images I am getting from her make no sense to me.  I cant even begin to understand at the slightest what is going on here.. and then my words finally come.

"Julie...I..."  I realize there is a very dark edge to my tone so I flush the anger deep for a moment. 

"This..  yes, that would be a reason... I hoped it was the other..  What you suffered..  no being should ever have to suffer.."  Before my next words come out a look of revenge and a look of pure protective desire and strength fills my face.   My voice is low...  my features almost dark.. "... and no one.. will ever... do so Again..."

Ink Slinger

She wasn't sure what she had been expecting, but for him to grow so fiercely protective was not it.  She looked down at their clasped hands and then back up at his face.  Even in his anger his face was handsome, it simply made the strong features harder, more chiseled. She wiped the moisture from her eyes and took a deep, calming breath.

"Not that I don't appreciate it, but " she paused.  "You barely know me."  There was a touch of confusion in her eyes. She shook her head to dispel the myriad of thoughts.  "I've only told one other person in the whole world both those stories and she is my shrink." She gave a short, self-deprecating chuckle.  "She encouraged me to move and make a change.  Even gave me the name of one of her old friends and associates who practices here in Chicago.  She would probably give me a stern lecture on how I've been trying to ignore my feelings by throwing myself into work."  She looked at the mostly bare walls of her apartment.  Maybe that was why she couldn't pick which items she wanted on her walls and which would be going up for her gallery showing.

"You're right, no one should ever have to suffer the things I've been through, but they happen.  I chose not to be a victim any longer.  And while my ex is still walking about free, he committed no crime.  My mother's ex is still in jail." She shrugged.  "But you think that's why suddenly I could sense Albert?"

Tagnizkur

There is a little part of my mind that keeps whispering.  She inst letting go of your hand.  look down!  See she is holding it. 

Another part of the brain, some would say the wiser part tells the little part.  Hello, we have the ability to feel, of course we know she is still holding our hand.

Then the other part of the brain.. we all know this part because lets face it.. it is the LOUDEST.  Dude..  I wonder what she can do with that hand.

Yet, with all that, the words that come out of my mouth must be controlled by the secret FBI/CIA/NSA/HOMELAND DEFENSE part of my brain.  Because it was still on take and making sense despite the barrage of internal musing.

"You chose right, you dont need to be a victim, with people in the flesh nor the arrogant sadistic, tormenting and rather annoying spirits.   I can teach and honestly, I think you will need to know especially since you have reawakened that side of you.  One whiff of that and you may get a conga line of Albert's just looking to bother you. "

I shudder at the though of it because.. I have been there, a few years back I was sent to investigate a wharf restaurant that used the wreckage of an old ship as its decorations.  Some dumb ass rich guy thought it was a brilliant idea.  Little did he know thousands of ghosts who died during a raging drunken party on the ship came with the decoration.  Needless to say..  that was the worst case EVER!

"Now I know..  I may not know you well, oh hell.. know you at all... but that changed in ways you will come to understand soon enough.  If you are willing I will show you.  Thankfully you have a gift but one that can be controlled..... unlike..   well.. we can work on it.  So what do you say?"

Ink Slinger

"I suppose I do need to learn." She nodded slowly.  Her mind was still trying to take all of it in, to figure it out in a way that made sense.  Unfortunately that wasn't going to happen until she understood the realities she had always believed nothing more than fanciful stories. "And I don't know how I'm going to find anyone else to teach me."

She realized she was still holding his hand and looked down at them.  She blushed a bit and pulled her hand back shyly.  "I'm sorry." She said softly.  "Would you like more coffee?"

Tagnizkur

I note her pulling her hand away and again I am conflicted and confused.  Why did it just feel like she ripped part of my heart out at the same time.  Seriously.. I am not one of those guys! 

"Sure more coffee would be great... and I will come with you because i want to talk more of your family.  Can you give me some more details on them?"

Family, its such a joke to me.  My mom... never knew her.. I am guessing she was the green eyed one..  and Dad, well hell he died to early to tell me anything.  Foster homes all sucked..  I never know people of my tribe..  had to live with ghosts all my life and only white people who used me to just get money from the system.  Happy times worth remembering?  No not even in the slightest.  What bother me the most is because I must have been born on tribal land and my father must have been the one who gave helped my mom give birth there is no real record of the day I was born..  nor is there any record of any member of the Grey family.   Family.. WHAT A CROCK!

Ink Slinger

She rose with a nod.  "Though you don't really have to get up.  Small apartment, you'll easily be able to hear me if you don't want to get up." She gave him a friendly smile and left it up to him whether or not he followed the few paces over to her kitchen that was separated from the living space by just a bar and counter top. 

She grabbed the coffee pot and a dish towel to set underneath it on her coffee table, as well as the muffins.  She found she couldn't remember when she last ate.  "My parents never married, like I said.  We lived in a pretty small town so it was a pretty big deal.  Everybody knew.  Dad got a promotion at work when I was ten and moved from St. Clairsville, Ohio to Columbus.  It was three hours away so I pretty much just saw him the traditional rotating holidays of couples who are no longer together and share a kid.  Mom dated a long string of losers, even after I went to live with dad.  She died when I was nineteen.  I pretty much lost touch with her side of the family after that.  I still hear from Dad at Christmas, my birthday and I guess every other month or so.  He calls to make sure I'm okay.  He's never asked for money or anything.  He wasn't a dead beat dad or anything, but neither was he ever really much more than a sperm donor. He made it to my first gallery showing." She shrugged.  "I didn't grow up unloved or in a truly terrible situation, but I didn't have the Norman Rockwell paintings either."

As she spoke, she sat back down on the couch after placing everything on the table.  She sat facing Marcus with one leg bent and tucked beneath her while the other trailed off the couch. 

Tagnizkur

I got up regardless of the size and headed to the small kitchen.  Oddly I was consuming her words but more getting lost in her melodious voice.    This made little sense to me since again, I am not much of a people person let alone one who sticks with his clients after the fact.   So why this woman, I have seen other sensitive and even taught them on how to handle obnoxious ghosts. 

So again, why am i here now.  Why am I staying with her. 

After she sat i found myself opening up as well but not completely because I am not a complete sap. 

"I dont remember my father..  I was young when he died.  I never knew who my mother was, I found a single picture long ago..  she was a gorgeous woman with emerald green eyes, flowing brown hair.. and .. a deep sadness to her.    I dont know what to make of it.  After my father died I ended up in foster home after foster home.  Ghosts where already around me.. I guess they were from birth..  so the families never knew what do with a crazy kid.  Some would just lock me in my room just so they could keep their checks.  Others would send me back like I was some nasty food they ordered.   None of it made sense to me..  the ghosts never helped... it was...  well i guess it just was."

Somehow during that time I slid closer to her. 

Ink Slinger

"If her eyes were anything like yours they were gorgeous."  She surprised herself with the compliment, but it was true.  Julie wasn't one to flirt with someone she barely knew.  She had been captivated by his eyes, mesmerized.  "You almost make me wish I did color photography." She remarked. 

"I don't remember ghosts being about when I was a kid or maybe..."  She looked puzzled a moment.  "No, wait." Her forehead wrinkled.  "I thought maybe my memories were exaggerated.  I do remember though, this little girl, everyone thought I just had an imaginary friend.  I swear I saw her though.  She disappeared after I found this doll in the park and gave it to a police man.  I saw her face on TV a few weeks later.  The police solved a years old murder case..."  Understanding lit her eyes.  "My imaginary friend wasn't imaginary, she was dead!  My mother lied to me!  She did see her.  Madelyn was right!  My mother could see her too, but she didn't want me to believe I could."

Tagnizkur

"Just one...?"

I cant help but to have a smile at the same time feel a flooding of absolute sorrow an sickness.  One?  I had thousands upon thousands.

"Sorry... i dont mean anything by that... but if you did see one then you were indeed a true sensitive.  Many dont see them after puberty.. sorta like when mutants dont gain their power until after hair starts growing places other than your head."

A tru smile comes back as I look her in the eyes. 

"It is good though that you only see one at a time, I can train you to work with it.. I just wish someone...  Nothing.. never mind that...  When do you want to begin?

Ink Slinger

"You didn't have anyone to teach you, did you?"  After what he said about the way he grew up it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.  "Well I am very glad you came to my aid today.  I was near to hysteria."  She gave him a grateful look.

Julie got up and rummaged through a bag hanging near the door, when she came back she held a day planner in her hands and began flipping through it.  "I want to say let's start right now, but I'm sure you have other things you need to be doing and I'm near to crashing."  She found the correct month and began looking.  "Um, it looks like I have everything I need for my upcoming gallery show, if I could just pick the pieces I want to use.  So what's good for you?  If I schedule it now I won't book shoots in that time."

Tagnizkur

"No..  and what I had... no I should say have to deal with is so much more.  There are things that happen and I can do.. see feel....  its just...."  I stop because how do you explain this to someone you dont know.  Someone whose experience is equal to that of someone who just dips their pink toe in and say they swam in the ocean.   

"an....anyway..  No problem.  I didnt mind coming at all..  As to being free...  I can train you today and start showing you some things.  From the last email I got I think you are the only one on my list today.  Truthfully it takes most people who arent sensitive months of dealing with a ghost and years of medication before they realize all the have is a ghost with a hard on for causing trouble."

I sorta chuckle and shrug.  "So what do you say... you game?"

Ink Slinger

Julie thought for a moment.  She could feel the fatigue in her body.  She needed rest. The caffeine in the coffee she was drinking was doing nothing for her.  She was beyond the point of stimulants keeping her up and as the adrenaline bled from her system she was starting to feel heavy and sluggish.

"After I sleep."  She said finally and this time couldn't hide her yawn.  "I want to learn, I don't want to have to deal with another Albert, but if I don't soon sleep I fear I will just crash.  "Perhaps after lunch today?  Say two?  It will give me a chance to sleep and then I can make us dinner after.  It's the least I can do.  And you've not yet told me how much I owe you for getting rid of Albert."

Tagnizkur

"Thats fine.. but I will warn you now... this isn't Hollywood and I am not some woman who whispers or a riddlin overdosed kid talking about dead people.   Once I start to open your eyes a little more you'll see things you never thought possible.   But, you need to rest now.. I can see that.. so I want to make sure your alert before I show you anything..."

As the words finish I get up and offer her a genuine smile as I start to walk to the door.  I hand her a card.."that is my personal cell..  Ive got things ill be doing in the area.. so call me when you are...... Ready...."

Like im some kind of nerd i offer my hand out to her shake like she is some dude i just met.  What the hell is wrong with me

Ink Slinger

Julie shook his hand with a grateful smile.  "Thank you, Marcus."  There was something about the way she said his name that surprised even her.  It sort of rolled off her tongue with a familiarity and fondness she couldn't explain.  "I will call you if something changes, but if not, just plan for two o'clock."

She saw him out and when the lock clicked shut she leaned against the door with a sigh.  Silence.  Glorious, peaceful silence.  So why did she feel an odd emptiness twinging in her mind.  She crossed the room and picked up the two mugs to take them to the kitchen and wash them.  Julie looked down at the cup and back at the door.  Oh now you're just being silly. She scolded herself. 

The brunette set her alarm clock as she settled into bed.  She didn't need her alarm though.  A scant hour and a half later she was awake and couldn't fall back of sleep.  She took a nice long, hot and utterly private shower.  Already she was feeling better.  There was no ghost hanging around to interrupt her shower and follow her around as she tried to get dressed.  She pulled on a pair of well worn jeans that hugged her hips and legs just the way she liked and a light blue halter top.  She brushed her long hair up into a pony tail.

It was only noon when she picked up her cell phone and dialed Marcus' number and waited.

Tagnizkur

After I left I stepped into the ghost world and back out inside my car.  I sorta wish I could take something this big through the worlds it would be a hell of a saver on gas.   As I start the car I cant help but to peer through the windshield to Julies apartment.    " Just who are you Julie and why is it I can see your life?  Why are you so different from any other person I have ever met."

Something was definitely different with her..  well actually something was just different period.  I pulled my attention away from the window and put the car into gear.  I went to pop in a Metallica CD when this crazy blue arc of electricity shot from my hand and into the radio.  a quick pop, and then the car just died. 

"Aww man what the fricking HELL!  I just had the alternator on this piece of crap CHANGED!!! "  I get out of the car and slam the door and whip open the hood.  Im happy i know my way around electronics and an engine.  Yet as I lifted the hood I wasnt expecting to see what I saw.  The battery was .. well shit.. it was melted and the electronic and fuses all just fried...

"Ok what the hell..."  I reach my had into my pocket to try to call Sal..  he is the guy that loans me his umm..  PERFECTLY LEGAL automotive facility.  Of course.. the phone is dead. 

"Apparently the gods of electronics hate me.. or I fead some damn mogwai after midnight.   I start pulling the electronics apart in hopes that I can save it.   after about a few hours though I realize it aint gonna happen.

"Shoot.. I hope Julie had enough sleep."  I head back up to her apartment and start knocking at her door.  Its a good thing some dude was leaving..  with my luck her buzzer fell victim to the static shock o the century. 

Ink Slinger

She frowned at the phone when it went to voicemail.  She sighed thinking maybe he'd bailed.  Then a knock at her door surprised her.  Looking at the thing curiously as if some how staring at it might make the door translucent she walked up and looked out the peep hole.  To her great surprise Marcus was standing there. 
She removed the security chain and opened the door.

"Hello again."  She smiled a bit.  "I just tried to call you, but your phone went to voicemail.  I know you said you'd be close, but wow." She chuckled a bit.  "Please come in"  She stepped aside to let him in.  "So what am I going to need for this training?" She asked getting right down to business.

Tagnizkur

"You tried to call?  I...  well..  I think I was about to call Spiderman and see if Electro got out of jail.  It was pretty crazy but...  this damn spark.. and just poof..."  I sorta scratch my skull in what must look like a comical manner as I look at the rather useless phone.  "The weird part..."  my voicine sounding dazed and distant..."everything.. just went.. umm Poof?"

I sorta go through the whole thing in my head.  I mean yeah.. I deal with ghosts..  but sudden self destruction of electronic, well thats a new one to me. 

"...... uhh...  yeah.. anyway.. Training.  Yeah training. "

I look her up and down whilst the typical middle brain wants to pause in areas of her anatomy.

"Actually..  To quote a rock star who aired his brains out... come as you are."