Time is running out...

Started by Lady Jenn, May 31, 2012, 11:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

"I can do that," Lena replied. "I've lived by myself for years so I know where everything goes, unlike either of you two."

"Well, we're forcing you to offer us a roof over our heads," Jake said as he set about laying the table, "I think we're obliged to save you at least some work."

Lady Temptress

" Lena, we will help cook and clean around here. we insist and no arguing over it. You won't win." she says with a stern playful voice and she finishes setting the table.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Okay, okay," she said, pretending to wave the white flag. "You're the first company I've had here in a very long time so I should probably be appreciating this more." After a few minutes he came in with three plates, putting them on the table before going to grab some drinks. "Anything you guys wants to drink while I'm out here."

Lady Temptress

" Well, I am starved. Lets eat folks. " she chuckles heartedly as they all sat down to eat. " Well don't worry Lena. we are here to help, " she smirks some as she asked for a glass of iced tea.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I don't suppose you have a bottle of lemonade?" Jake called out as Lena vanished to get the drinks.

"You're in luck," she said, returning to the room with a bottle of lemonade, some iced tea and a glass of wine for herself. "Let's tuck in, hopefully all this messing with the timeline hasn't ruined my cooking skills," she said, laughing.

Lady Temptress

she sat quietly and she waits for them to start eating before she does. she also sips her tea slowly and swirling the liquid around in her mouth to savor the flavor and then she swallows it.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

They both tucked into the food, eating in silence more so that they wouldn't seem rude than out of not wanting to speak. For the first time since they had met her it was suddenly noticeable Lena had a diamond ring on one finger, but Jake had seemingly not mentioned it, too distracted by the food and Hannah to have spotted it himself.

Lady Temptress

" Pardon me for asking, but are you engaged or married, Lena? I love the ring. " she motions to Lena's ring finger and she didn't mean to pry, but she is simply curious and she can sense that Jake is as well.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I was...I still am technically, engaged," she replied. She got up and found a photo of her and a man who looked at least five years older than her. "His name's Dirk, Dutch-born member of Project Unicorn. He went on a mission a few months ago and he never came back. I've tried searching the timelines for some trace of him but I can't find any."

Lady Temptress

" I am so sorry for prying Lena. Didn't mean to upsett you. Jake and I can help you find him, can't we Jake?" sshe gave Lena a hug and she sat back down to finish her meal. " Great omeletes."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"I think his disappearance involved them somehow," she said, nodding towards the dead body. "Hopefully the "President" can give us a few pointers as to how to find these things. And thanks," she said, blushing at the compliment. "I was worried I'd lost my skills cooking for myself for so long."

Lady Temptress

" Well, lets hope so, and don't worry. He will return to you safe and sound. I can feel it." she nods her head about the statement of the president and she chuckles about the cooking. " You haven't lost your cooking skills. Their great. So don't worry."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"What do we do if he doesn't know?" Jake asked. "We have to at least consider that's he's unaware they're even involved."

"Well while you two are off playing James Bond I'll be searching for more of their appearances," she replied. "One of them is carrying a very distinctive weapon I've never seen before, shouldn't be that hard to trace them."

Lady Temptress

she nods her head as she listens to them both and she sits quietly enjoying the rest of her tea.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"That knife one of the Dallas Hunters was carrying," Jake said, remembering what he had seen on the figure that had escaped.

"Good thing he didn't stab either of you with it," Lena said. "Those knives are said to be laced with the most dangerous poison in existence, not to worry you or anything."

Lady Temptress

That caught hannah's attention and she gave a nod of her head to Jake and Lena concerning the laced poisioness knife. " Thank God, he didn't is right."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"What else do we know about them?" Jake asked as he finished his dinner.

"About all we know aside from that is that they seem to be able to time travel at will," Lena replied. "We've never seen them carrying anything that looks even remotely like a time machine attached to them. You saw an example of how easily they can timejump in the warehouse earlier."

Lady Temptress

once again she listens to their conversation silently and only speaks when need be.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"You two should sleep before we make a move," Lena said. "You two need to be fully fit in case we run into serious problems. You can borrow my double bed if you want."

"Well," he said, blushing big time, "It depends what Hannah wants really."

Lady Temptress

" I dont want to take your bed, Lena. But, a double bed sounds fine with me. Do you have a guest room!" she asks curiously and not wanting Len a to not sleep in her own bed.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"It'll be fine," she said with a laugh. "The only other bed in this house is a single so either you take the double or one of you ends up on the sofa. I've spent most nights in the single bed since Dirk vanished anyway so you'll be the first people sleeping in that bed for a while. Don't worry, I've made sure its clean in there," she said, grinning.

Lady Temptress

she laughs softly at Lena and she gave a nod of her head. " Alright then and thank you. Sleep tight." she leaves with Jake to the room to go rest.
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

When he reached the room he put hs arms around her and began kissing her, not wanting to go to bed quite yet, but knowing he should.

"You really are a beautiful woman," he said, staring into her eyes. "I just remembered why I proposed to you, best decision I ever made.

Lady Temptress

Hannah blushess brightly and radiantly at Jake's sudden actions of affection, she rather liikes it. Hannah kiisses hin softly with a faint moan as they embrace each other. " I see figmants of the memories of us holding hands and stuff. You're very handsome my love. I wish I could remember it alll. And thank you, you'll have to refresh my memory one day soon."
Lady Dreamer

Lady Jenn

"Well, if we do have to start again I'd hope I can make you fall in love with me again," he said with a smile as he lead her over to the bed. "I'll go change in the bathroom, give you a bit of privacy," he said. Although he knew she'd seen everything he was also aware she most likely wouldn't remember any of it.