Interest Check: Godbound (OSR)

Started by MadPanda, June 14, 2016, 12:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

Actually, that's not so bad.

See, some Words let you adjust a stat up to 16...
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

I know that (just look at my Word picks).  The bottom couple rolls don't matter, but it's still a worse result than standard.

MadPanda

That takes care of one 11 and the 7.  The rest?  Is in the ballpark.  (Me, I'd end up with a bunch of 8s and 9s as high scores...because that's what  happened last time...)

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

...I was going to take Excellence of the Word as well, anyway.  I guess it'll be fine.  (I was hoping to have a slightly higher Charisma to back up my character's "champion of the common man" status, but I guess if I can't make people love him with divinity-powered artifice, I deserve to fail.)

I have a pretty solid idea of what I'm doing, so I'll probably have a background and character sheet mostly ready in the next few hours.  I'm not 100% on this guy's third/Relationship Fact though; any thoughts on what groups and organizations might be out there in the post-Scream world?  (Or might it be best to wait until more people have made characters, so we can use third Facts as part of the reason why the PCs know each other?)

MadPanda

You're telling me who he's got a relationship with.  It could be a major org, a minor one, a corporation, an extended family, fellow survivors of The Beast That Ate Sheboygan...whatever you like.  I have a couple of ideas, but this is up to you: who do you want him to connect to?

The Scream?  Happened within the last week or so as of the first post.  Not enough time yet for things to slide out of control.

No need to use the third Fact to link to the other PCs.

In Memory of Bishrook

Knarfy

Godbound: Erry day I'm shillin' it
My O/O thread
Why isn't Knarfy posting? - probably because he is lazy
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous

MadPanda

Alas, yes.  Now, if we really wanted to suffer, I'd use the 'original' scale from Stars Without Number where you didn't get a +1 modifier until 14 or better and a +2 only on an 18... (shudder)

In Memory of Bishrook

Knarfy

The upside to that scale was that you didn't take a penalty till you hit a 7 though :D
My O/O thread
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

Jefepato

Anyway, a character sheet is up.  Let me know if there's anything wrong and I'll work on fixing it, MP.

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

Knarfy

Still working on it, but most of the mechanics are done :D
My O/O thread

Jefepato

Anyway, MP, do I understand correctly that a Godbound with Ten Thousand Tools can build...pretty much any damn (mundane) thing ex nihilo as long as it could be put together from man-portable parts?

I guess that won't solve all our problems, but it sure is handy (and offers plenty of ideas for how to actually spend Dominion when we get to that point).

Idlewyld

I got something up. Commentary and constructive criticism is definitely welcome.

Knarfy

Quote from: Jefepato on June 17, 2016, 09:08:53 AM
Anyway, MP, do I understand correctly that a Godbound with Ten Thousand Tools can build...pretty much any damn (mundane) thing ex nihilo as long as it could be put together from man-portable parts?

I guess that won't solve all our problems, but it sure is handy (and offers plenty of ideas for how to actually spend Dominion when we get to that point).

Not nessesarily 'out of nothing'. Out of 'whatever materials are to hand'.

So you probably can't pull assault rifles out of thin air, but you can make them out of wood or possibly dirt.

And yea, you could probably build a spaceship out of sticks and leaves if you wanted to. It would take time of course, since your ability to create things as an on turn action is limited to things 'a normal man can carry'. But you could create a big pile of components and then assemble them at the speed of 1,000 laborers per level.

Which is, to be fair, pretty nuts :P

Thats my reading anyway...
My O/O thread

Jefepato

Ah, somehow I missed the part where you technically need materials (I think I was confused by the part of Ten Thousand Tools that says the object can "disappear" afterwards if you want).

Still, that works fine as long as the adventure doesn't take place in a featureless empty void.  :P

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook