News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Grab the book closest

Started by stormkitten, March 08, 2009, 05:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhedyn

In the womb everything comes to us in a wave of motion.

~The Four Elements, Reflections On Nature ~ John O'Donohue.

Valerian

Many butlers, however, appear to have viewed the job as a celibate calling, perhaps because it was so difficult to envisage where the career servant would stand in any society outside the servants' hall.

Servants: A Downstairs History of Britain from the Nineteenth Century to Modern Times, by Lucy Lethbridge
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Rhedyn

Otherwise, Kerrick would have lost his patience with Quain long ago.

~Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder.

avorae

Page 56 is a character sheet for Horace Farrow...

Scion Hero by White Wolf
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Rhedyn

She flashed me a triumphant smile as she linked her arm in mine.

~Cold Magic by Kate Elliot.

wander

"Whether it's the people next to us turning into Titans, a hair-covered Titan throwing boulders at us, or a handful of Titans popping up inside the walls."

~Attack on Titan, volume 13~

Oniya

Guard against life-bale  beloved Beowulf
best of warriors  and win for your soul
eternal counsel -- do not care for pride
great shield-champion!

(Beowulf: an Updated Verse Translation, by Frederick Rebsamen)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Emjay

"He was the eldest of the six children of the Reverend Theodorus and Anna Cornelia van Gogh."

- What Are You Looking At: The Surprising, Shocking, and Sometimes Strange Story of 150 Years of Modern Art by Will Gompertz
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Lilias

'The resultant data also lends support to my argument that Artemis was originally a parthenogenetic goddess.'
~Marguerite Rigoglioso, Virgin Mother Goddesses of Antiquity
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Valerian

"Weeks later the French, Scots and English signed the Treaty of Edinburgh, in which it was agreed that all foreign soldiers, French and English alike, would withdraw from Scotland."
~Anna Whitelock, The Queen's Bed: An Intimate History of Elizabeth's Court
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Wolven Soul

Aech was one of the highest-ranked combatants in the OASIS, in both the Deathmatch and Capture the Flag leagues.

Ready Player One, by Earnest Cline

Great book chock full of 80s nerd culture.  Totally recommend it.
Est Sularis Oth Mithas

My O/O's

SpiralSpider

The sand castle was reluctantly abandoned, its moat half dug.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

AmberStarfire

"The tall, slim, dark-haired man appears in Waterdeep as a rich trader, clad in purple robes, with a bodyguard of four or five men, and his crony Greeme, a 5th level CE fighter who uses poisoned weapons."

(AD&D Forgotten Realms 'Waterdeep and the North' by Ed Greenwood).

Beautiful Mystery

As she continues talking, the therapist helps her explore her transference:

(Ronald J. Comer, Abnormal Psychology)
Check A/A
The devil doesn't come dressed in a red cape and pointy horns.
He comes dressed as everything you have wished for.
O2//A2//Request//Boudoir

Vergil Tanner

"We know from Valerius Maximus that Rutilius in 105 BC introduced the methods of the gladiatorial schools into military training, and from the author of the fourth book of the Stratagemata that Marius was so impressed by the troops trained by Rutilius that he preferred them to his own."

- G. R. Watson, The Roman Soldier.
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

MsMonster

"Of these, she liked best one that showed them sitting in a leaf-dappled light amid picnic debris and looking at one another with expressions that, though unsmiling, seemed mirthful and full of delight."

In Cold Blood - Truman Capote

EmyKat

"We wanted to create a robot but did not want it to come across as cold and lifeless, so we decided to make it look more like a clay figurine."

The Legend of Zelda ~ Hyrule Hystoria
(wow I'm a nerd lol)
My Ons and Offs <3 They are still being added on... Seeing that I'm kind of a scatter brain sometimes~
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=226265.msg11107629#msg11107629

Stella

"The courtiers, who now came in, were very grand and noble; but he who could see it all knew very well what it all meant."

'The Travelling Companion', from the Complete Illustrated Works of Hans Christian Andersen.

Autumn52

"What would you like to do this evening?"

Fifty Shades Darker
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

AmberStarfire

A slightly dust-covered copy of PHP & MySQL: Novice to Ninja.

"While numbers are the most common choice for array indices, there's another possibility. You can also use strings as indices to create what's called an associative array."

DukeJohn

The Sun Also Rises sitting on the edge of my bookshelf next to me-

"So do you, my dear."

Vergil Tanner

"All was dark-skied and hazy, and small chips of rain were starting to fall."

- The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak.
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Kurzyk

In 1994 she systematically demolished Gaskell's myth with a 1,003-page fire-hose of a scholarship called The Brontes.

The Talent Code ~ Daniel Coyle

Rhedyn

Some people 'sense' rather than visualise their meditations; others find that the images are faint and patchy.

~Living Magically by Gill Edwards.

Autumn52

"What would you like to do this evening?"

E L James Fifty Shades Darker
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish