[D&D 3.5 high-level evil campaign] Project Blackguard

Started by Autocad, December 01, 2012, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

One of the biggest downsides to the Dvati is having to buy everything twice (and due to the ritual I have 10k gold, so they both got a cloak and thats it)
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

TheGlyphstone

Only for their initial starting gear, remember. Once we get settled and have our cohorts, anyone who's willing to spend 64,000GP out of their Landlord funds to buy me a Pain Extractor (I'll need several to keep the juice flowing) gets their magic items crafted at a little over 10% of market value.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 12, 2012, 07:32:06 PM
Only for their initial starting gear, remember. Once we get settled and have our cohorts, anyone who's willing to spend 64,000GP out of their Landlord funds to buy me a Pain Extractor (I'll need several to keep the juice flowing) gets their magic items crafted at a little over 10% of market value.

Why not just use sacrifices?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on December 12, 2012, 07:34:18 PM
Why not just use sacrifices?

Hmm. I don't know. Let me crunch some numbers to see which is more efficient at XP-per-victim.

Also, revise my estimate upward, it'll be 21% of market price, Extract Demonic Essence only affects the XP cost of crafting. Probably better that way, since it means I won't have to throw away 10% of my output due to demon-tainted curses.

Kunoichi

So...  Perhaps this discussion would be best moved over to the OOC thread? ^^;

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 12, 2012, 07:39:48 PM
Hmm. I don't know. Let me crunch some numbers to see which is more efficient at XP-per-victim.

Also, revise my estimate upward, it'll be 21% of market price, Extract Demonic Essence only affects the XP cost of crafting. Probably better that way, since it means I won't have to throw away 10% of my output due to demon-tainted curses.

Well pain extraction i think is just a flat number, while sacrifice is based on a knowledge religion check. I know Tristeria intends to use sacrifices even for non item crafting purposes. If the pain extractor can fit many people though it might work better than sacrifices since sacrifice is limited to once per day (Multiple sacrifices just mean multiple checks taking the highest one). Of course we can always combine them, just have your guy sit in as the celebrant for one of Tristeria's rituals  while the pain pit is flowing.

ERMAGHERD THE OOC THREAT YAAAY