News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Questions on Group GMing

Started by Pagus, July 17, 2019, 03:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pagus

Alright, I've been making a Super High Fantasy Game with very realistic touches, magical elements, and grunge. Most definitely will need some help in certain aspects of it, but right now I need a bit of help on how making group thread works, at least the workings of one.

I've read in the instruction on how a making a big group for 1000+ posts, but I was a tad confused on how to make it.

I've got quite a few questions:

How would you go about getting approval for such things?

If so, who do I contact?

I will have more later.

This is also my first time GMing here on E. I have Gm'd other writing forums, but not on here and am curious how it works.

The World I am building is half sandbox and half GM controlled. Considering how I know quite a few players dislike the use of dices, I've switched around a lot of the dice oriented moves/choices to favorability points from the god/goddess the OC serves.

The world is also run on classes. There is Basic classes of which all the characters start with, then they move on to Intermediate after their OC's have completed certain main events in the outline of the sandbox I have written.

I've made a lot of open-ended quests, but in order for other players not to over-strain themselves, I plan to have the pace anywhere from once a week to posting every other week. Along with giving a maximum of 3 characters.

What do you think? Should I change any of this?

Along with all the realism in this world, there is such thing as slavery, politics between kingdoms, battles, and such. I plan to warn players their character can be injured, and not all of their character can escape from something. No, it is not like I am killing the characters in any way unless the player has decided they wish for a character to pass away, but this game is fairly plot-driven and I hope to have it been long term.

Although I am still in the piecing the world together stage, so much of what I have put up will be changed.

Sain

Hello Tigelfling :-) I'll try to answer your questions, feel free to let me know if I missed some.

You can contact any moderator to upgrade to a big group when you have 1000+ IC posts in that group game.

As for the world-building and set-up itself. That can work. It all depends on many things. I might suggest that you start out with more than 3 player characters. It's good to assume that a few folks will drop-out for various reasons after a little while.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Amaris

I think she means 3 characters per person. I wouldn't allow them more than that either til you make sure it's manageable with the amount of players you have. I actually usually start out games with only one or two for that reason. When you allow a lot of characters at once it can be a lot harder should someone drop and they are in a lot of plots.

Pagus

Quote from: Sain on July 17, 2019, 05:24:46 AM
Hello Tigelfling :-) I'll try to answer your questions, feel free to let me know if I missed some.

You can contact any moderator to upgrade to a big group when you have 1000+ IC posts in that group game.

As for the world-building and set-up itself. That can work. It all depends on many things. I might suggest that you start out with more than 3 player characters. It's good to assume that a few folks will drop-out for various reasons after a little while.

Do you know what person I can contact, I'm not quite familiar with certain titles for moderators, do I go to Site Staff? Or put up another thread on "HELP!" for permission. I'm so clueless at this, >_<

Quote from: Amaris on July 17, 2019, 10:36:12 AM
I think she means 3 characters per person. I wouldn't allow them more than that either til you make sure it's manageable with the amount of players you have. I actually usually start out games with only one or two for that reason. When you allow a lot of characters at once it can be a lot harder should someone drop and they are in a lot of plots.

I put up a minimum of 3 characters per player as way for players to moderate themselves, my reasoning is because the world I'm building has several regions, and is vast, gives lots of room to explore, but also helps not make the players feel constrained with certain rules.

What I mean is I was suggested by another player to put up a warning to other players about the level of realiism and high fantasy.

Sain

Any Oracle is fine (purple tag) or any Goddess/God/Genie. However, it may take a while to gather 1000+ posts for the game so I would not worry about big game status just yet :-)
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Pagus

Quote from: Sain on July 17, 2019, 04:54:21 PM
Any Oracle is fine (purple tag) or any Goddess/God/Genie. However, it may take a while to gather 1000+ posts for the game so I would not worry about big game status just yet :-)

Then would I apply for small groups? I'm very unsure. Or just continue making the threads in one of the main rooms of which the group is located at?

Amaris

You would make all of your threads right there in the small groups area. It helps if you title them similarly and link them to your players in the OOC or have a place with all the links so they dont get lost. You don't need to apply for that. Just make the threads :)

Pagus

Quote from: Amaris on July 17, 2019, 05:39:32 PM
You would make all of your threads right there in the small groups area. It helps if you title them similarly and link them to your players in the OOC or have a place with all the links so they dont get lost. You don't need to apply for that. Just make the threads :)

Alright thank you. I will have more questions soon.

Amaris

Feel free to PM me too :) I'd be happy to help!

Pagus

Quote from: Amaris on July 17, 2019, 05:42:45 PM
Feel free to PM me too :) I'd be happy to help!

OH, I will make sure to! Building a Fantasy World requires so much input along with making my first group on E! XD. Thank you for the offer.