News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Star Wars RP (Freeform or System)

Started by Florence, October 14, 2015, 03:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

I am really craving a Star Wars rp, but I don't really have the inspiration to throw one together myself at the moment. I'm not particularly picky on the subject of either Freeform or System, though I'm quite curious to try out Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars tabletop system, as I've been hearing fairly positive things about, and I would like to see how well it compared to Saga Edition. That said, I have 0 experience with that system, so it could wind up being a bit of a bumpy ride.

As far as setting and plot goes, I was thinking that something set during the Galactic Civil War could be fun, or the periods immediately preceding and following it, though the era following it is a bit under-explored in canon until the new movie comes out, though setting it in the Legends continuity New Republic era could work. Other than that, I wouldn't hate the idea of something set during the Clone Wars, though I think I prefer the idea of fighting stormtroopers over droids.

And for the all important question of "Jedi?" I'd have to lean towards... maybe. If its set during the post Order 66 era, then obviously there wouldn't be too many Jedi running around, so it may be better to stick to blasters and vibroblades. I think I'd be partial to playing a good ol' fashioned Mandalorian myself, if possible.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Pumpkin Seeds

I can say I enjoy the time I've had running a tabletop game of edge of the empire.

Muse

The Star Wars Saga system is pretty awesome too. 

I'm trying to keep two games of it afloat.  If they fall apart, I might run a new one. 

Or if you'd care to join? 

Anyways, I'd love a chance to play another like ti. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

kckolbe

I would also be interested in a non Saga system.  Never been a fan of Saga.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Urbanzorro

I've had a few Star Wars ideas floating in my head for a while. If you're still looking for someone to run the game I might be interested in doing so. I tend to gravitate towards the Galactic Civil War/beginning of the Empire as far as timeframes goes. I do t actually have either system so I would probably have to go either free form or some publicly available resource.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Florence

\o/! Well, I am super eager to try out Fantasy Flight Games' system, but honestly, freeform works for me just fine!

And Galactic Civil War/Star Wars: Rebels era, around that timeframe all sounds really good.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Urbanzorro

Cool, are you thinking more rebels fighting the empire or smugglers/other underworld types tying to get by?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

kckolbe

I would definitely be more interested in a non-rebellion game.  I prefer less black and white situations.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Florence

Quote from: Urbanzorro on October 19, 2015, 06:21:21 PM
Cool, are you thinking more rebels fighting the empire or smugglers/other underworld types tying to get by?

Could be a mix of both? Smugglers and underworld type who wind up fighting the Empire for more selfish reasons than idealistic ones. The empire can't be good for business after all. Not to mention that some of the people who hate the Empire might turn to crime as a way of striking back against them, or simply refusing to be a part of their system.

So long as our characters can blast some stormtroopers I think I'll enjoy it.

Urbanzorro

Cool, I've got a bit of an idea formulating, right now I'm thinking of something focused on the crew of a smuggling ship and their adventures through space. Should open the door for lots of different quests that could bring them into contact/conflict with nearly anyone.

With that having been said, the next big question becomes what to do about force users as playable characters. I personally don't mind having them so long as they are comparable in power to the rest of the group. For this game that would mean that we'd be looking at either those who have innate Force abilities but no training(Luke in New Hope) or former padawans/lower level Jedi Knights.

How does that sound?

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

kckolbe

I think that the Force questions depend on the system

Intro Thread

Urbanzorro

I currently don't own any of the systems so I'm speaking in terms of free form.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Florence

Quote from: Urbanzorro on October 19, 2015, 07:15:27 PM
Cool, I've got a bit of an idea formulating, right now I'm thinking of something focused on the crew of a smuggling ship and their adventures through space. Should open the door for lots of different quests that could bring them into contact/conflict with nearly anyone.

With that having been said, the next big question becomes what to do about force users as playable characters. I personally don't mind having them so long as they are comparable in power to the rest of the group. For this game that would mean that we'd be looking at either those who have innate Force abilities but no training(Luke in New Hope) or former padawans/lower level Jedi Knights.

How does that sound?

Yeah, I think the best way to go with force users would be untrained force sensitives, at least at the start. Perhaps they could find a master down the line, even acquire a lightsaber, but in the beginning I'd definitely stick with some random nobody who maybe has bouts of uncanny intuition.

Urbanzorro

Great. So as of right now we have the basic outline of a game about a group of smugglers/mercenaries/independents focusing on how they go about surviving and adventuring within the underworld/outer rim/anywhere else during the early days of The Empire/The Galactic Civil War. Based off of that outline I can get something up today or tomorrow.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Florence

Quote from: Urbanzorro on October 19, 2015, 10:32:35 PM
Great. So as of right now we have the basic outline of a game about a group of smugglers/mercenaries/independents focusing on how they go about surviving and adventuring within the underworld/outer rim/anywhere else during the early days of The Empire/The Galactic Civil War. Based off of that outline I can get something up today or tomorrow.

Looking forward to it!

GardenoftheDead

Quote from: Florence on October 19, 2015, 09:22:27 PM
Yeah, I think the best way to go with force users would be untrained force sensitives, at least at the start. Perhaps they could find a master down the line, even acquire a lightsaber, but in the beginning I'd definitely stick with some random nobody who maybe has bouts of uncanny intuition.

This is pretty much how it goes in one of the new Fantasy Flight Settings.

I'd be interested in game!
"I am you. I am a shadow, the true self."

Pumpkin Seeds

Yeah the setting sounds pretty similar to the Fantasy Flight one.

Garuss Vakarian

I may be  very much interested! Especially if we have any hot twi leks lol ;) .

Urbanzorro

Took me a little longer than expected but the interest check for the game is up and can be found here

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=238533.0

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Captain Whitebread

There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.