Community ruining epidemic here on E?

Started by EroticFantasyAuthor, April 30, 2013, 12:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EroticFantasyAuthor

Is it common for people to show interest in plot ideas and then simply flake off?

Or to show interest via a couple of PMs and then suddenly seem to be ignoring them without even a simply PM stating something along the lines of "Sorry, no longer interested"?

It's this type of inconsiderate behavior that killed the AOL roleplaying community way back when, I really hope that what I've experienced is a rarity here on E.

Starlequin

In my experience, no, that's not very common. But a lot of things on E come in cycles, flurries of interest being one of them. Sometimes people flake, yeah, but they've usually got a good reason for their behavior even if they don't share it with anyone. RL has a tendency to swamp a lot of us from time to time and it sucks, but if someone can reduce a little stress in a hectic day by just dropping out of a forum or PM game for a little while, I'm not going to fault them for it. Remember that now's around the time a lot of schools are doing their final exams and projects and stuff, so you may have just caught a lot of interest from students who realized they didn't have as much time as they hoped for another game.

Elliquiy has been around for eight years, and it's resilient enough to go on a lot longer than that. I'd suggest just widening your search for partners and games, and you'll find plenty of awesome players that you'll gel with.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

EroticFantasyAuthor

I'm not really worried, was mostly just checking. Just something I noticed that was a possible minor concern. So far my experience on E has been extremely awesome and I am glad I designed to join(and got approved!  ;D)

Starlequin

You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Tsenta

In a place as large as E, it's bound to happen on occasion. Sometimes people just get bored of RPs, aren't feeling very creative thus can't post in certain RPs, or RL drags them away kicking and screaming.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.