The Kingdom of Shadows

Started by BlueRaptor90, March 05, 2013, 04:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kajirakate

"They will be an important part of the Alliance my friend, they are good warriors, especially in tunnels, and they absolutely hate goblinoids, most particularly orcs." Anna reassured her friend.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"Well, i am still a bit worried but, if you say they will be a good alliance then i believe you, i'll try to keep the wyverns under control, plus, like that old saying goes, "then enemy of my enemy is my friend". Daniel said

kajirakate

"That is a foolish saying my friend, but in the case of the dwarves they can be good friends to our cause" Anna said to Daniel, understanding his position but needing to build the alliance of light, that would be as strong as possible.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"True, i suppose it is, it's hard to gain the trust of others as hard as it is to give it, so how far is the dwarf village from here?" daniel asked

kajirakate

"The hall of the Dwarven High King is three valleys away to the West, are you stong enough to make the journey on foot?" Anna asked still concerned about the injuries her friend had suffered.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"Three valleys huh? I can manage that, my wounds have healed a bit so there is no need to worry, you wouldn't by any chance know some sort of short cut?" daniel asked

kajirakate

"It would not be good to arrive by air, as we have discussed, and the only short cut is through the cave network, which is dangerous unless we actually find a dwarven patrol, there are Orcs, Basiliks and other sorts of other hideous creatures.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"I suppose you are right, it's best to play safe, but we still need to stay prepared, though even if we encounted any of those creatures, the wyverns on on our side" Daniel said pointing to the several wyverns circling in the air "Not to mention it would be unwise for any of those creatures to try and attack both you and I" Daniel said getting but quickly put his hand on his back nearly falling "Ack, my back!" he yelled

kajirakate

Anna rushed to her friend's side, seeing the tell tale signs of bleeding, caused by the near fall opening up his previous wounds.  "Stay here my friend, I will continue alone, the outskirts of Dwarves land are not far and I will get us assistance".  With that she rushed off, leaving her friend to rest.

Within two hours she was back with six dwarves carrying a litter, "climb on Daniel, they will carry you to the village and we will wait for the representatives of the Dwarven King, while you recover from your wounds properly".
kk

BlueRaptor90

"Very well" Daniel said as he climbed on.

kajirakate

The party made light work of the journey through the mountains, the Dwarves being accustomed to the area and Anna not even tapping a fraction of her new found strength and endurance.  Her people were indeed superior to current humans, but their arrogance was a part of her history she knew was part of their downfall.
kk

BlueRaptor90

As daniel was being carried he looked around at the mountains, at the scenery and what not. He also looked in the sky as saw that the wyverns were still following them, which made daniel feel more comfortable. Daniel didn't know much about the dwarves but new he should be careful around them, and hoped that he dragon form wouldn't alarm or threaten them.

kajirakate

When they arrived in the Dwarven village, they were shown to the Chieftains long house.  To the surprise of Anna, the Dwarven King was already waiting for them.

He explained that his people had reported seeing a Dragon Rider and Dragon in the mountains, so he had come to ensure that they posed no threat to his people.  Anna stated that they were indeed no danger to the Dwarven folk, but that there was danger from the forces of darkness, a message she knew he had already received from her father and the Elven Queen.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel also informed them of the orbs that he and anna took from them and warned that they may have other powerful artifacts on their said and they should take cautious actions toward them. Daniel didn't want to take an risks toward these forces.

kajirakate

They had to attend a party thrown in their honour by the King, but it was accepted without question when Anna suggested that they needed to rest, especially Daniel as his wounds were more intense than he had admitted.

The King laughed that his men could at least out drink the legendary Dragon Rider and Dragon.  All the dwarves laughed at his joke, and even Anna giggled, she knew that this was not true, of course they could have before she received the full power of her people, but she also knew that it would not hurt to let her hosts have their fun.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel smiled and laughed along with anna. He wanted to join the party and have a bit of fun but knew he had to rest, so he got something to drink, along with some chicken and roasted pig and head back to his room.

kajirakate

When they had eaten and finished their ale, Anna redressed Daniel wounds, using some fresh herbs that she had obtained from the Dwarven healer.  She then sat and watched over her friend, wanting to make sure that nothing troubled his recovery.
kk

BlueRaptor90

"Thank you anna, i can truly trust my life in your hands" Daniel said with a smile laying down on the bed.

kajirakate

"We can trust each other my friend, as we are a true partnership" Anna said as she watched Daniel slip into sleep as fatigue and the healing herbs took effect.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel slowly drifted to sleep with a smile, snoring soundly. The night soon passed and as he slept he wounds began to heal, with the morning soon arising.

kajirakate

Anna lightly dozed in the chair, next to where Daniel lay sleeping.  She knew they were safe in the heart of the dwarven village, as the Dark Lord would be unlikely to have sufficient forces to seriously threaten them so far from the focus of the dark forces activity.  But she wanted Daniel to sleep peaceful and heal fully before they resumed their mission.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel was sleeping peacefully until a small whisper woke him up
"Come to me" it said in a faint voice, waking daniel up
"Huh, anna?" daniel said but look to anna who was sound asleep
"Who's there?" Daniel questioned
"Come to me" it said again, it wasn't coming from inside it was as if the voice was calling to daniel from outside, in the wounds, daniel could feel it.

kajirakate

Anna slept lightly, ready to protect her friend is she had misread the dwarves, however she had not, they were honourable and were indeed loyal and trusting allies in the forthcoming conflict with the forces of the darkness.
kk

BlueRaptor90

Daniel saw that Anna was asleep, he then slowly got out of bed then headed to the door.

kajirakate

Although Anna was a very light sleeper, Daniel's movement was supernaturally quiet and so she slept on despite the departure of her friend, her sleeping thoughts full of images of her people's past.  When they arrogantly thought themselves the Lords and Ladies of all, ruling the over the humans, elves, dwarves and worst of all dominating the dragons, who were the very heart of their power.
kk