Gunstar Autochthonia (Exalted AU)

Started by Rook Seidhr, November 04, 2012, 05:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meliai

That works! Looks like you got a stray left bracket in front of the Girl!Wind pic though
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Krule

Edited out, thank you... looking forward to the Twilight, need to see him/her, especially background, to know how I'm going to shape Sapphire Winds intimacy toward her/him.

Meliai

Oh no, now your text is getting caught on the bottom edge of the male image! Try adding [clearleft][clearright] after the images, right before the "Name:" line.

It might not show up for everyone depending on their resolution but that should fix it for those of us with tiny tiny laptop screens.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Krule

had to fiddle with it a bit, hows that?

Meliai

Hmmmm, I'm still seeing it, but if the clear tags didn't work I'm not sure what's up  :-(

This is how the post is displaying, just for the record:

I'd assumed the Male!Wind picture is just a pixel or two taller than Lady!Wind and so the text was getting caught up by one of the float tags but now I'm not sure.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Rook Seidhr

Please run any Merits/Flaws and any custom stuff by me in PM before posting a character sheet here. I prefer to say no in private so I can say yes in public.

Krule

Ok, my main problem is that clearing it moves everything down, but leaves a huge hole in the center that messes up the symmetry I was trying for.

Fair enough Riveda, if you need me to drop out the code of honor flaw, let me know, I can easily do just by lowering backing and droping one point of connections.. sort of why I did it away.

Rook Seidhr

Krule:

You are correct to question Eclipse diplomatic immunity; it does not exist in the Gunstar setting.

We are not using the calendar Zaer proposed. Don't sweat birthdays.

House rule: the Code of Honor flaw is based on Temperance, not Conviction. Reassign Virtue dots to make your Temperance 3+ and I'll allow it. I'm not sure a Temperance of 3+ is in character though.

Character sheet looks fine other than the above.

Background looks fine.

Krule

Temperance is workable, the one that doesn't quite fit at the moment is valor, not because he lacks courage, but because he's likely to ignore an insult or turn down a challenge, or even retreat if the situation calls for it.

Meliai

Via Li
Magitech troubleshooter

Caste: Twilight
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 135lbs
Hair: Long, wavy, and pale pink. Usually tied back in a loose, messy braid or two unless she's being dragged to some sort of formal gathering.
Eyes: Emerald green.
Skin:  Pale, often smudged with grease and ash

Motivation: Make the final alteration to Autochthon's fetich-core and repair the harm that's been done to him.

Intimacies:   Azure Veiled Lyre (love and affection)  Mortal Family (concern)   Autochthon (reverence)   Populat (noblesse oblige)   Lumpen (pity)   The Scurrying Nation (respec-ohmygosh they're just so tiny and cute!!!) 

Essence: ● ● ● ●
Personal: 21
Peripheral: 35 (+13 committed:  Chakram (5) Bracers (4) Transformative armor (4))

Anima: When Via's anima flares, deep purple clouds of smoke rise up around her, shot through with the bright pink, orange, and yellow highlights of a brilliant sunset. A small swarm of bright, firefly-like motes dance around her in circuit-like patterns.

Willpower: ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []
Compassion: ● ● ● ● [] [] [] []  Primary
Conviction: ● ● ● [] [] []
Temperance: ● ● [] []
Valor: ● ● [] []

Limit: [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] []

Virtue Flaw:
Unworthy Servitude

Break Effect: Overwhelmed by her peers' callous attitudes,
the character's confidence in the Solars' ability to lead and protect
is shattered. Self-image in ruins, the character becomes completely
submissive and subservient to others, blindly obeying almost
any order given to her. She may not make commands or even
requests of any mortal, nor obey those given to her by someone
she knows to be Exalted. If no commands are issued, she will seek
the isolation of her dwelling or a mortal she trusts, whichever is
closer.
Partial Control: Though she still cannot exert authority, the
character my resist commands given to her by mortals, unless she
possesses a positive intimacy towards the individual or a group they
represent.
Duration: One day
Break Condition: The character witnesses harm come to a mortal
due to the actions or inaction of the Exalted

ATTRIBUTES:

Strength:●●●●       

Charisma:●●●●●     Perception:●●●●●
Dexterity:●●●●●         

Manipulation:●●●●    Intelligence:●●●●●
Stamina:●●●●●              Appearance:●●●●    Wits:●●●●●

ABILITIES:

Dawn   Zenith    Twilight:
[]Archery
[]Martial Arts
[]Melee
[●]Thrown
[]War
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●
●●●●●
    [●]Integrity
[]Performance
[]Presence
[●]Resistance
[]Survival
●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●
●●●●
    [●]Craft
[●]Investigation
[●]Lore
[●]Medicine
[●]Occult*
see below
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●

Night:

Eclipse:

Crafts:
[●]Athletics
[]Awareness
[]Dodge
[]Larceny
[]Stealth
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
    []Bureaucracy
[]Linguistics
[]Ride
[]Sail
[●]Socialize
●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●●
    Craft (Air)
Craft (Fire)
Craft (Water)
Craft (Magitech)
●●●●●
●●●●●
●●●●
●●●●●

CHARMS:
Craft:
Second Craft Excellency
Craftsman Needs No Tools
Object-Strengthening Touch
Crack-Mending Technique

Occult:
Spirit-Detecting Glance
All-Encompassing Sorcerer's Sight                 

Thrown:
Triple-Distance Attack Technique
Cascade of Cutting Terror

Dodge:
Shadow Over Water
Reflex Sidestep Technique
Seven Shadow Evasion

Resistance:
Ox-Body Technique(2)

Athletics:
Graceful Crane Stance
Spider-Foot Style

Artifacts:
2 - Autolabe (MoEP:Al pg 204)
1 - Flaw Scanner (MoEP:Al pg 207)
3 - Orichalcum Gyroscopic Chakram
     (repair:1) (MoEP:Al pg 211)
3 - Shaft Speeder, The Kirin (repair: 3)
     (MoEP:Al pg 215)
2 - Scrying Aparatus (MoEP:Al pg 206)                               
2 - Orichalcum Hearthstone Bracers
     (Core pg 381)
2 - Transformative Armor (SoFR:MF pg 26)

Specialties:
Craft: Repairs2
Investigation: In the Reaches2

BACKGROUNDS:

● ● ● ● ●
● ● ● ●

● ●
● ● ●
● ● ●
● ● 
● ● ● ● 
: Artifact
: Class
: Connections
    - The Sodalites
    - The Scurrying Nation
: Cult
: Savant
: Ally

EQUIPMENT:
Orichalcum Gyroscopic Chakram - Song of the Silent Shrike
Speed

Accuracy
+1

Damage
+5L

Rate

Range

Attune

SOAK:
Natural
B: 3    L: 1     A:
Armor
Soak: +6L/+4B   Hardness: 2L/2B   Mobility: -0   Fatigue: 0   Attune: 4

Dodge DV: 6   MDV: 7   Join Combat:Move/Dash: 5/11

Health Levels:
~0 x 2   
~1 x 4   
~2 x 2   
~4 x 1   
~Inc x 1   
~Dying x 3   
[] []
[] [] [] []
[] []
[]
[]
[] [] []   

Bio
BACKGROUND AND EXALTATION:
Via Li was born to a rather unremarkable Gulaki family, the middle child of a huge clan. Her early life was filled with prayer and worship and the young Via was as devout as they come. Her days were strictly regimented according to the doctrines her family followed, and what few hours of free time she was allowed each week were spent at the regular performances given by the Exalted. Her favorite artist by far was one of the blessed of Venus, a musician specializing in stringed instruments by the name of Azure Veiled Lyre.

Though plagues swept through the crowded streets of her home nation many times during her young life Via's faith in the Exalted never wavered. If anything, the rapid response of the Champions and the miraculous cures wrought by the Solar medics strengthened the girl's idolization. It was during one such outbreak that Via took her Second Breath.

Countless people swarmed through the crowded halls of the vast apartment complex where the then 16-year-old Via lived. She watched with quiet fascination as a young Solar and his mortal assistants treated her father and two of her siblings, slowly pulling them back from the brink of death. As the hours ticked on Via drifted through the halls, watching the medics work and a familiar, blue-clad figure moving gracefully though the hectic crowds, calming panicked residents and easing the rising stress of the medical teams with a few well-placed words. Lyre caught her eye and smiled, her face cheeks turning nearly as pink as her hair.

The girl's awkwardness was banished in an instant when the lights overhead flickered. Chaos erupted almost instantly as the spatial-folding technology that allowed the Gulaki housing buildings to hold their impossible number of tenants began to flicker and fail. Panic spread through the complex faster than any outbreak and residents and medical staff alike began to flee towards the exits. Via turned and ran, fighting against the push of the crowds rather than with. Eventually she made her way to the now abandoned center of the building, the door to the magitech engine room open, its locks disabled.

Via was in the inside and working before the faintest echos of Lyre's footsteps reached her ears. Her hands flew, repairing severed wires and sundered machinery with whatever was at hand, guided by jumbled, incoherent memories of a life that wasn't Via's.

Lyre watched, and approached the newly Exalted solar once the grid had been re-stabilized. Pulling a small mirror from her pocket, she showed Via her reflected caste mark and the girl fainted.

The confusion wore off quickly. The disbelief, less so. Still, Via excelled at her schooling, graduating from the Academy of Celestial Refinement in record time. She dove into her work as quickly as she was allowed, in part because it fulfilled a passion she'd never known she had and in part because it kept her mind off the incessant worries that plague her.

RECENT HISTORY:
Via now makes her home in Yugash, residing in a small suite of apartments near the top of one of the nation's tallest spires. Though considerably smaller than the residences of most Celestial Exalts, she claims the view more than makes up for it. When the stress of her duties or her own internal fears threatening to overwhelm her Via climbs to the top of the spire and sits in silence, watching the Maker's thought-lighting arc above the city.

Via utilizes only a few mortal assistants to manage her mundane day to day concerns, the rest of her retainers are craftsmen of varying skill sets, called upon only when needed for large or complex projects.

RELATIONSHIPS:
Via is a hard girl to get to know. For the most part she keeps to herself, and with her frequent trips into the reaches to repair remote systems and long hours spent locked away in her workshop she's often difficult to find. Over the years Lyre has grown to be her closest friend, confidant and occasional lover (though neither seems to desire a romantic relationship) but recently she's begun worrying over Via's self-imposed isolation and taken measures to push the young Twilight out of her shell, both directly and by pulling the occasional string behind to scene to ensure she's sent on jobs that won't allow her to be too asocial.

PERSONALITY:
Generally quiet and reserved, Via likes to work alone and when in a group tends to let others take charge unless dealing with one of her specialties. She demonstrates an unusually high level of concern for the welfare of mortal workers and has been chastised on several occasions for impeding work efforts whens he hasn't thought conditions were safe enough.

In truth she prefers to work alone because she finds it difficult to justify the lengths many of her fellow Exalts go to. Since her exaltation Via has begun struggling to reconcile the rather naive, idealized view of the Exalted she held as a mortal with the reality of their imperfections and the sacrifices and compromises even the most noble of them have to make due to the war. At her darkest she sometimes worries her Exaltation is flawed or tainted some way, an effect of Sun's surrender leading her down the path of ruin.

Bonus Points spent:
3 - Craft Magitech +3
1 - Conviction +1
4 - Ally (Azure Veiled Lyre, Chosen of Serenity)
4 - Willpower +4

[EDITS!]
11/21 - Changed favored ability from awareness to thrown, swapped two bonus points from abilities (one investigation, one medicine) to Ally, dropped durability enhancing technique for 7 shadows evasion, switched first craft excellency to second, made some minor edits to Relationships for clarification.

11/25 - Named stuff, added up committed motes `n whatnot
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Krule

Oh, she's adorable, I think Sapphire Wind is going to feel that she needs someone looking after her.

Edit: On a different note, I'm surprised you didn't favor thrown, but I suppose your vision for her had it unnessary

Meliai

Yeah in the end I was waffling between resistance, thrown and dodge as her last favored ability. I eventually went with resistance because she prefers to avoid combat all together when she can, where as she's the sort of person who will put herself through great personal suffering for the sake of others at the drop of a hat. I'm still not entirely sold on it but I'm too sleepy to make decisions right now so I'll settle tomorrow.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Rook Seidhr

My Charm suggestions:

I would recommend favoring Thrown rather than Awareness; counting Ink Monkeys, there are an awful lot more Thrown Charms than there are Awareness Charms.

Second Craft Excellency is probably better than First, since Craft gives no positive effect from overkill successes.

Since you're squishy in close combat, Monkey Leap Technique would be a wise Charm choice. (I'd say Lightning Speed but in Autochthonia you're much more likely to have a catwalk or ladder to jump to than a flat surface to dash along.) You probably don't need to start with it.

You do need to start with Seven Shadow Evasion, though.

Quote from: Meliai on November 14, 2012, 02:43:07 AM
Via is a hard girl to get to know. For the most part she keeps to herself
This worries me. Loner characters are often a problem, even in pbp where the party is usually split.

Azure Veiled Lyre, an established Sidereal, is a 4-dot Ally.

Other than that everything looks great.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, one problems what I try hash with Riveda in PM's is to convince Jay Jadestar is not lone wolf sort char (just one which ruffles feathers with most folks with his attitude/behavior). But one way connect to other solar PC's is that they all are part of same circle (towards own circle Jay feels closer altough at times awkward as he is likely mentally/spiritually youngest from the bunch).

Meliai

Oh don't worry, no plans for her to be a asocial hermit or anything. She's not really a loner so much as she's shy and worried about her potentially treasonous beliefs. She generally won't seek out people until she knows and trusts them, but that's part of the reason I gave her Lyre as an ally. Lyre know's Via's a twitchy little ball of stress and can sort of push her out of her shell until she's at the point where she'll venture out on her own.

Everything else sounds good. I'm not super familiar with the Ink Monkeys, they're like a group of exalted writers who do extra stuff outside the regular books right? I wasn't sure if they were considered canon or not. Thanks for the feedback! I'll shuffle things around tomorrow when I'm less drowsy.
    {{A/As updated 5/8}}           

Zaer Darkwail

So far as things regarding Ink Monkeys are concerned, the exalted writers consider the things in there as canon worthy material. Which is optional for ST's and players to use but not a must included. Kind like DnD splatbooks (Complete series example).

Rook Seidhr

The 2.5 errata reference the Ink Monkeys material in several places. For that reason, I don't really think of it as optional in 2.5. In any case, we're using it.

Krule

Actually this question has been asked, sense the Ink Monkey's were sanctioned to create stuff, and willing to do so for free, on behalf of White Wolf, they are considered cannon, most of them are right now working on 3rd Edition Exalted... if you don't have the information.. here: http://thor.divnull.com/pub/exalted/ink-monkeys-collection-bw-20100513.pdf
Sorry, that was the smaller version, without all of it.. this is the collected works: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5017537/Ink%20Monkeys%20Ultimate%20Collection.pdf

On a completely different note: I now realize that I need to shift a few background points around, Sapphire Wind has al Voidfighter, but no way to power the thing without an elemental core 3, he can't power it, I'll spend a bit of time thinking that one over... not sure where else I might want to spend my points.. a chaomorphic symbote from dreams of the first age seems to be a bit attractive though.

EDIT: Opps, wait, I forgot about the Gender Morphing Stone, which is also a level 3 elemental Core.. disregard that keeping the Voidfighter, will just have to put in the EC when he attunes his Voidfighter (and before you wonder where he's going to get the archery for it.. if he has the proper charms installed, that can cover the lack.. until he gets more training.. hey has tiger warrior training (*winks*) I wonder where that came from.

second, I think I'd prefer 2 dots of connections to a backing 4, besides I looked up backing 4, and that makes him closer to the leadership of the deliberative then I'm ready for him to be, 3 is good enough..  I'll just have to raise backing later when possible.

As to getting characters involved, I've built SW's intimacies around the idea of involving the other pc's, if you want my suggestions..

- Via Li:  I think shifting either awareness or socialize to thrown as favored is a good idea, socialize is nice for dealing with groups, but it also doesn't have many charms, though the charms it does have can be very nice at times.   And if you like, SW will be willing to help teach her any such charms you want in the future.  As regards to mechanics, sense she's shy, it makes sense for her socialize to be a dot lower, I suggest shifting a dot of socialize into dodge and trading out Spider-Foot Style for Seven Shadow Evasion, giving her a perfect defense and a 7 Dodge DV, which is fairly good.

- Jay Jadefire: Loose a bit of the dark hate for the Exalted leadership of Authchthon, for example, perhaps the same solar who abused his mother died was punished a bit more appropriately, sent to the front and died defending the realm as a hero, leaving him really confused about the whole matter.  The solar deliberative acted, but also made him a hero, burying his more questionable actions under his heroic death?  how is that fair?  But the realm needs heroes and his actions were heroic?  This could create a degree of resentment for the system, but also a degree of willingness to work with the system.. and intimacies to his circle, his dragon blooded companions, and lunar mate could pull him further out of the isolated corner you worked him into.

Zaer Darkwail

This is the version of background what I had edited/changed in PM. But I like ideas tie intimacies to other exalted and just add them into my background so he is not showing up only in space battles.

Warning! Massive wall of text ahead!
Jay Jadestar is son of Cenjo Jadestar, a veteran dragon-blood soldier who served in Gunstar Defense Line army as a ace pilot in company known as Brilliant Blades. His mother was Tuya and they lived in Claslat where she worked as barkeep in bar called Racing Star. Jay also had elder sister, Vneya. She was understudying with mother to both aid and continue her work in the bar which attended to needs of populace and rare exalted guests. Jay dreamed to become someday a soldier, ace pilot like his father which he much admired and he had deep respect for Gunstar Defense Line and thinked all of them as heroes like his father descriped the bunch to be. His father always left his wooden/silver medallion of maiden of battles to Jay whenever he left to work, saying it would be Jay's job to protect home while he is gone and giving medallion as link to guidance when time comes to protect what is precious. Cenjo promised return always retrieve it from Jay when he comes home and so take Jay's duty off him and so he did for many years. It became a ritual shared between Cenjo and Jay.

However, Cenjo one day did not come back home. He died on duty when Jay was a ten year old. From Brilliant Blades arrived Dylan Blade, the company's solar commander to deliver his condolences to Tuya and to rest of the family. Jay saw him near instantly start court and flirt with mother.....Jay did not like it but seeing mother happy instead crying was better deal in his opinion so he did not say anything. Later on Jay felt it was perhaps lucky Dylan ignored him entirely and left him linger on background. However relationship lasted a year, during that time Jay's mother and also oddly sister got odd bruises and both told Jay it was because of 'falling down the stairs' altough bruises appeared in odd spots and Jay did not see them even once fall down stairs in home.

Soon when mother saw sister had also bruises they started shout angrily on each other which resulted Jay's elder sister, back then 17 in age, leave home and literally quit studying the running a bar and ceasing to come to bar help mother. Jay watched more bruises come to mother but she seemed happy somereason. Then one day Dylan came drunk and Jay's mother asked him that they go outside but he refused and then Jay learned where she had got bruises.....Dylan beatting mother up! Dylan struck and mother did not defend herself, receive beatting and nasty words along with nastier activity following that. Jay, a brave altough incredibly foolish young eleven year old boy, screamed and charged to try kick Dylan's ass! He felt this is what he should had seen happening and interfere since start! Try keep promise for his dead father even if he is just eleven years old! But mom, probably had forehand guessed what was about to happen and probably for Jay's own good and to protect from drunken solar grabbed him up from behind and dragged him to his own room and locked the door so he could not get out and he was reduced to listen the lustful activity occuring outside his room and sound of smacks from beatting occuring.

But mom smiled after she got the beatting and she forced Jay to swear never to tell anyone about it! Jay, taught by his father since childhood to honor promises sacred gave angirly his word. However after year of abuse Dylan dumped mother completely off cold...called her being worthless and being only a good lay, slut and so on. It crushed mother's self-worth, more so when her husband had died so recently and it made mother cry and become depressed. She lost interest and will to run the bar and so Racing Star was closed. After long silence in mother's part, days after Dylan had spoken and bar closed she hanged herself on appartment and Jay was one to find her.

Jay contacted a local champion; Goldhammer (orihalcum alchemical) and told full story (as investigation for her death must be thorough and so it forced/freed Jay from his promise) and he expected Dylan being persecuted or very least punished for his actions.....but he was not. Goldhammer was symphatic for Jay's story but he explitically explained how or why solars were untouchable for any cruelties they commit to the general populace....it enraged Jay how fucked up the system was! It was outright unfair and not right! It made him despise Gunstar Defense Line instead admire it, it literally crushed all remaining admiration he had. Thinking Dylan was just one rotten apple from the tree but Goldhammer's explanation made him grew spiteful towards Goldhammer who did nothing for Jay's mother who's suicide clearly was related to Dylan's actions. Same spite spreading to go rest Gunstar Defense Line, as he no longer viewed them as noble heroes.....but bunch of crooks clothed as heroes and only true hero was his father which he still deeply admired.

Because of the law he was send to where his elder sister was....and discovered Dylan had been there and dumped her also and she had lot more bruises but instead doing suicide Vneya handled the break up better in her own way. However Dylan left her influence, or determination, to seduce and whore herself to solars until she finds her perfect match and get elevated from her position?! She had forsaken all ideas to run bar like mother did and did not care for Racing Star and she instead gave the property in return for some clothes and comforts?! Jay was disgusted with his sister, loosing mother was hard blow on Jay but he saw sister was in her own way changed more selfish from the kind sister what he had.....and in way it was perhaps mother killed herself instead succumb to undergo same change caused by Dylan! However Jay had no other place to go so he stayed with his sister and watched her transform more and more ruthless and cold blooded in her pursuit, it becoming a single minded obsession to her to point she dated any solar and bedded any one of them! Despite the looks and mannerism or treatment what she received in bedroom, so long solar looked her favorably was enough and it sickened Jay watch this.

Jay and his sister had break out when he was 17 when he had grown sick of her behavior completely. He had not seen his sister again after that. He has pondered few times on the years how she eventually ended up but he never pursued to confirm any of it. Fearing what he will see. Jay, who disliked the whole caste and hierarchy of Gunstar became then a rebel. Jay never commited serious crime but he stole what he could get by as he refused to work in shifts in local factories (as he lacked training for any specialisized field) and his numerous thefts and misbehavior draw ire of Goldhammer and they both started despise each other and they saw regularly over the years for antics what Jay did. He hated Gunstar Defense Line pilots with passion, but knowing it's suicidal to attack them head long so he instead went indirect route; pranks, sabotage their bikes, pour liquid waste on them when they left from tavern (and one case succeeding dump the stuff on Dylan himself; whcih earned a everlasting enmity from him and Jay was lucky to run away alive from encounter that day). Whenever Jay was caught, Goldhammer dragged him to work in factory as laborer and forced to work there until Jay one way or another slipped free whenever he was not watched by shift chief. He was officially branded as lumpen after his third arrest and forced instalment to work in factory waste section and branding was done by Goldhammer who had given up for Jay learn his lesson and his place in Gunstar society. Becoming lowest low caste in Gunstar.

After that Jay ran away from factory and instead sticking in his normal territory he went to reaches themselves, there at least he could live free from Goldhammer and from the damn system! Not wishing live off humbly as disgraced lumpen. He learned to scavenge for food from wastes and occassion make daring thefts but overall he no longer lived in civilization anymore. Living in constat fear for gremlins and what else lived in dark glooming urban wasteland. In there he befriended a gang, Blood Dragons, which was made up from similar outcastes like Jay was. Lumen who refused to work three shifts a day and wanted only simple thing; freedom from the system. He was accepted in the gang and he bears even today the dark crimson stylisized dragon tattoo over his arm as memory for them. Then he found out they had stolen motorbikes! Shocked from revelation the gang told that couple years ago they got lucky and hijacked few bikes from Gunstar Defense Line, stealing their patrol bikes! However problem was they lacked essence to power them up. However, a somekind exalt approached them (none was sure who/what this mysterious figure was). However figure gave them deal; he/she offers special artifacts which allows power up the bikes (it was not everlasting, as these artifacts worked like essence batteries which ran out eventually). In return the gang members would hold highly dangerous daredevil races to entertain vain members of exalted host who would witness these races in private channel (which no doubt figure asked high fees to watch). If races were entertaining enough they get also food or some minor left over luxuries (which gang called 'bread crumbs from shiny tables').

Jay, as part of gang, was given his own motorbike. A spare one which had remained collect dust in one hidden carages in reaches where even champion patrols would not come investigate or try locate just handful missing bikes from years ago. Jay, who had very much already given up ever become Gunstar pilot had tears of unsuppressed joy when he started the bike and drived with the gang! Of course life in reach was not picnic but the gang sticked together and worked together and had figured best spots find secure rest locations and food in reaches and bikes gave them advantage when it came to running off from danger if they were cautious. Jay after month of practicing became one best bikers in the gang. He joined the races and he did not care did he win or loose the races, he enjoyed the thrill of driving in dangerous and risky situations. It was only true joy what he had left in the world besides feel of freedom what he had in reaches. Altough how costly that freedom was. He expected to die any moment, either by reaches dangers or during the races but he did not care. He was now thrillseeker like the gang was and the gang gave feel for family what he had lost, they were his siblings who all enjoyed same things with their own quirks in their characther.

But then when Jay had turned 22 year old (three years almost living in reaches) they decided do a amazing shocking stunt to hold race in the Yugash! Whole gang involve in it! They spoke the idea had been, appealing to mysterious identity who promised some generous bonus if they pull the race succesfully. With promise for some luxury for their wicked lives they drove in Yugash, and started the races in there on less occupied and patrolled streets in the lines. But they were caught off guard by sudden thought-ligthning from Autochton which happened outside normal pattern and it chased after them! The lightning started fry one by one the gang members! Jay, who had lived years mocking death now first time faced it for real.....and he was scared! He did not want to die! He cried in anquish when gang members got fried one by one in painful fashion. Driving top speed in hair lenght's away from deadly ligthing, all gang members dead he shouted that he will live for them rest of his life best as possible manner he can if he survives this day! And so he exalted on the spot with that promise which he meant by his full heart. He started elusively dodge the ligthning with his motorbike, moving smooth grace and survive the near death experience thanks his exaltation as a solar. In thrill of the moment he did not realize it until he saw everything glowing gold....and see from motorbike's reflection castemark in his forehead, framed by his lumen brand tattoo.

Loom of Fate detected his exaltation and he was soon tracked down by recruiter from The Academy of Celestial Refinement where his education will be held. Jay felt this was big change for him, but still he disliked solars in general because of Dylan and them being immune or rather above the common laws which apply to mortals and so he could not but laugh on the offer and irony of whole situation. But he joined the academy altough he was listed one most laziest and uncooperative students in there. Along his joining his lumen tattoo was removed but it did not remove spite what Goldhammer held towards Jay whom he thinks does not deserve being a solar (and Jay did not improve his statement by showing tongue at him). When graduation eventually happened eight years later, they prepared grand banquet for him and even visit on the Malki archives in Sova to meet his earlier exalted incarnation. But he learned all solars will attend in banquet as it's tradition and so Dylan would be there.....and not wanting cause scene which he is sure to happen he skipped the whole dinner sneaking out the place and racing out with his bike and returning to Claslat! He was few solars ever in Realm history to skip the graduation dinner and ceremonies! The other expections were based on national emergencies or such giving reason ignore the tradition but he did so willingly and on purpose. This enraged many solars who had came to attend and disrupt them from their duties or their own plans.

Jay then became a wandering solar in Claslat, doing nothing to contribute on the Realm and holding the daring race stunts to get some food to get by while he slept in ruins or in unfinished buildings. Doing his reaches harnessed urban survival combined with basic pickpocketing to survive. He got caught dozen times red handed by alchemicals and dragon-bloods who grew disgusted that one Realm brightest stars, a solar, was living in such conditions. Jay had been offered nice apartment and room and food in Claslat.....but he refused it. He felt it was betrayal for his friends from reaches if he lived in such condittion without honestly deserving it (instead auto granted just because he is solar). He did not live where he should be and where he got food but he continued live like he had before he had been recruited upon the academy! It baffled peacekeeper forces who got him caught on crimes. But not much Goldhammer who's dislike only continued grew and he could do little to stop Jay from continuing as he did expect a night in restriction cell whenever he got caught in theft and so earn ire of locals. Only way how he spended his wealth at all was weird tailor made clothes which were not uniform alike at all....but simply weird fashion and he did it so he can even passively defy the present stuck up social structure of Gunstar.

However his behavior had drawn attention of Raesha, a female twilight solar who was a brilliant engineer and weapon designer. She had researched his piloting skills were top notch, easily evade or run off from peacekeepers despite his vechile is outdated model. He had little to no connections to any solars, nor apparent any grand ambitions for that matter and he had disliked to Gunstar Defense Line. Raesha then contacted Jay and introduced him to her secret project....orihalcum Phoenix, a top of the art voidfigther designed specifically for celestials to use. She asked obligation and also eclipse reinforced oaths be silent about the project and in return Jay would get his long awaited dream come true; fly a voidfigther and battle enemies of Realm in space. While not be part of Gunstar Defense Line which he disliked or hated depending day of the week. But rather as part as Raesha's private testing group which occasions cooperates with military but is not part of command structure (expects hers personally and she has enough influence and weight around to keep military out from her labs and her people). Jay agreed on the terms and so he became test pilot for Phoenix and during a day lasting meditation he formed link and connection to ship's AI which is called Radiant. Jay formed team with four other dragon-blood pilots who belonged to Raesha's staff and after several weeks of tests, training for war stragedies and aerial combat and he showed naturally fast progressing talent to pick up piloting. After final adjustments the ships, the squad entered to one conflict zones to test the ship....and it left their target audience; Gunstar Defense Line military and folks in Realm slack jawed when they saw Phoenix in action. However part of the deal was for Jay work under a alias and not reveal his real name nor face while wearing full body helmed pilot suit. So he is known only by his code name; Goldhawk.

Jay continued live at first like he did before; stealing, living by carbage send to farms work as biological fertilizer and sleeping in ruined city blocks. However one accident where Rhaesa and her crew failed find him (as his official address is still same appartment he was given when he became solar, place which he had visited only once in his life). Accident was missed battlefield oppoturnity to test Phoenix. Now, upset with loss of test chance Rhaesa gave Jay ultimatum; now on he must get regularly three warm meals a day (and not scavenge nor steal it), he must sleep/live in location where she can find him easily and also carry a communication device which will vibrate or even ring when Rhaesa wishes Jay come over to the lab. Said device has two buttons; one to confirm the call answered and other to call in if he's in trouble. Or else Jay no longer participates in the project at all. Pressured by his own dreams to become ace pilot stacked over his own stuborn nature and so Jay agreed on the terms. He started live on literally on Rhaesa's lab; some her workers had rooms in the lab and there was spare one which small very spartan in furnituring. He ate same breakfast as workers did and he goes get evening meal by dinning outside with small amount of money and eats same dinner what workers have in lab. Rhaesa did not complain the arrangement and Radiant was actually thrilled for it as it allowed her interact and talk to her pilot more often.

So, Jay no longer has need to steal or scavenge to survive but to keep his profile up as local vagabond troublemaker he visits daily in Claslat to show himself. Locals have long memories and Goldhammer has even longer (and few close calls by Dylan's thugs whom he had send to beat him up from waste bath from years ago). Locals and Goldhammer thinks Jay lives now in reaches as he does not show up anywhere his old haunts nor his official appartment and Jay does not dismiss the rumors. Goldhammer assumes the whatever money he uses (and property, weapons etc) to buy food is stolen and anything what he owns is stolen (expect clothes which he doubts any sane Gunstar resident would wear expect Jay). Goldhammer has few times kicked him out of district (or escorted) or caused overall trouble for him or harass him much as it's legally possible to do for a solar (arrested more than once for unproper dress code being popular one). Also confiscation anything what presents high wealth he confiscates and tries locate original owners (with little to no result as Rhaesha does not plan blow Jay's cover doing something stupid as retrieve property).

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Krule on November 14, 2012, 12:09:37 PM
- Jay Jadefire: Loose a bit of the dark hate for the Exalted leadership of Authchthon, for example, perhaps the same solar who abused his mother died was punished a bit more appropriately
Unless I completely misread the original version of the story, it was a consensual BDSM relationship, albeit a sick one. An obviously abusive relationship would have been dealt with differently. It's changed in the latest version.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, the idea was that it was abusive BDSM relationship where in end Dylan was a jerk who pushed his words with UMI likely to crush all sense of selfworth from mother to a point she believed his words and she made suicide. So to Jay's eyes Dylan may not have held the rope ready for mother and tie her neck to the rope but the same he could have done it.

But because of shady nature of relationship and no proof of UMI use Dylan walks scath free (and would likely even if proved he used UMI and give himself a legit reason/explanation why he used it which would be viewed brutal but accetable). Overall I wrote Dylan something like Desus of Gunstar (what comes being a dick who covers his public image).

Death of Dylan would be great bonus for Jay, but still he would think system is rotten as it allows such things to happen in first place (as Goldhammer, a orihalcum alchemical explains it to him when he's a child). I overall try portray that Jay dislikes the system itself but not all solars in the system. I can edit more to make clear this difference so he does not hate 'all exalted host'. But in this version what I posted he has clear dislike for Gunstar Defense Line people (which are exalted but to his eyes he would hate unexalted people as well) as he thinks it provides 'perfect cover' for likes of Dylan and he thinks secretly almost all so called heroes in Gunstar Defense Line are dicks or somehow abuse their prestige status (mislead belief which anyone can freely elaborate him about and so give me excuse spend 9 XP get rid of the flaw).

Rook Seidhr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 14, 2012, 03:51:32 PM
(mislead belief which anyone can freely elaborate him about and so give me excuse spend 9 XP get rid of the flaw).
No. Flaws are not a Training effect. They go away when I say they go away.

Zaer, please build a character with no points from Flaws. We can then discuss what Flaws I will allow and how you wish to spend the points from them.

EDIT: That was meant to be a PM to Zaer but I forgot to cut/paste. However, I think I'll let it stand in case anyone else had the same mistaken attitude.

Krule

Fair enough, I wasn't sure on that, though in the case of a solar, consensual becomes.. uncertain if they possess certain charms.

I still think his hatred for the system is a bit strong, he's seen the worst, but never any of the best, like a group of champions fighting to protect him in the reaches from a void cult lead by a infernal, or something along those lines, but now that he's in the heart of the power of the realm, he might end up getting a chance to see that.... of course, I might be channeling Sapphire Wind's exasperation for his younger exalted circlemate...
hmm, it occurs to me..

You need a Eclipse to bind his oath to Raesha, with backing 3 in the Solar Deliberative, he is almost certain to know and deal with her, maybe he's the eclipse who bound his oath.. doesn't have to know what the project is, unless you want him too, though Sapphire can keep his mouth shut (Temperance 3.. just because he won't lie, doesn't mean he has to tell you anything).  Maybe Sapphire is even one of the solars who was sent to Jay insisting that he live up to his new potential.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Riveda on November 14, 2012, 03:55:30 PM
No. Flaws are not a Training effect. They go away when I say they go away.

Zaer, please build a character with no points from Flaws. We can then discuss what Flaws I will allow and how you wish to spend the points from them.

EDIT: That was meant to be a PM to Zaer but I forgot to cut/paste. However, I think I'll let it stand in case anyone else had the same mistaken attitude.

Ok, I can work charsheet without any flaws in it. Easy to do.

Quote from: Krule on November 14, 2012, 03:58:14 PM
Fair enough, I wasn't sure on that, though in the case of a solar, consensual becomes.. uncertain if they possess certain charms.

I still think his hatred for the system is a bit strong, he's seen the worst, but never any of the best, like a group of champions fighting to protect him in the reaches from a void cult lead by a infernal, or something along those lines, but now that he's in the heart of the power of the realm, he might end up getting a chance to see that.... of course, I might be channeling Sapphire Wind's exasperation for his younger exalted circlemate...
hmm, it occurs to me..

You need a Eclipse to bind his oath to Raesha, with backing 3 in the Solar Deliberative, he is almost certain to know and deal with her, maybe he's the eclipse who bound his oath.. doesn't have to know what the project is, unless you want him too, though Sapphire can keep his mouth shut (Temperance 3.. just because he won't lie, doesn't mean he has to tell you anything).  Maybe Sapphire is even one of the solars who was sent to Jay insisting that he live up to his new potential.

I am fine with idea your char had done the oath. Raesha is one big figures in deliberate and has backing 3 (and likely higher depending how Riveda designs her). Also fine if you had showed up to talk to him correct his behavior (and with his present attitude he had refused). It's true I made Jay purposefully see only all the ugly end of solar reign and I made it purpose; so when he starts see the honestly good stuff it would lead him confused. he may be stubborn but not idiot and I made him in mind that he can change and evolve.

Krule

Excellent, now as long as Rivera gives the go ahead, we know at least part of how our characters have interacted to this point.. in this incarnation at least, likely have been companions in the same circle sense their first exaltation.  As to Raesha, I think as an elder exalt, she's likely backing 4 or even 5, but that, again is up to the ST.