HALO: Project Farscape

Started by Gladiator0161, March 06, 2013, 01:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

The Rules. Yes I have things I want in the rp and things I don't, a few of them are as follows.

1) Be respectful. God-moding will not be tolerated, you will get hit, you will get hurt, and your character does have the possibility of dying. However, no one will be allowed to kill another player's character without that player's permission, and I will only do so if someone disappears for a long period of time, or someone gets out of line. In most cases, if someone disappears and doesn't post for a while, I'll most likely have them wonder off somewhere and get lost, that way they can rejoin us if they want to.

2) I will allow romance/sex scenes, graphic descriptions for combat, and light erotic sex scenes but, I don't want sex to be the focus of this rp. This rp is strictly story driven, everything else is a bonus. So I don't want two pages of sex scenes and little else, ok? If you want to do that, you best be on another planet and not on the main story thread.

3) DO NOT use the word "fuck" for every other word in this rp. I simply don't like that word, ok? During a sex scene is tolerable but, other than that don't use it.

4) Please refrain from posting one sentence replies. I will understand if you can't think of anything else to write but, please write at least a paragraph (5 sentences). The more the better for me and everyone else

5) When it does come to sex scenes please either use the "fade to black" scenario, or if you really want to do more than that, be vague about it. I don't need to know how long, thick, or hard your characters genitalia is, or how forceful your character's thrusting is.
Halo: Project Farscape

The story would take place a year after the Halo 4 video game, so as not to encroach on the cannon story and we'd get to use all the weapons thus far instead of the "prototypes" that we used, somewhat, in my previous Halo rp, Halo: Shot in the Dark.

The story would be about The Galactica and their mission to 1) search out possible planets for colonization and 2) to scout out the once Human colonized systems to see if they were still under Covenant control or if the Covenant had abandoned the area.

Now, it will still be written in the Non Adult section like Shot in the Dark but, the cool thing is that I plan on the Galactica to be about as big as the Infinity, so it'd carry not just Pelicans, Longswords, and Sabers but, Frigates, so those that want romance mixed in could get on a different ship fly to some alien planet (which would be in another section such as the Light: Human Small Groups section or the NC Human Freeform section) and do their thing without disturbing those that don't want the romance.

HALO Info:

Below I've taken the liberty of finding some pics of the different character classes, and I can explain each class if need be. If you would rather have another websites word though, please look at Halopedia. Here's the link: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

COMS all the information below in respects to coms was taken from here: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/COM

TEAMCOM Teamcom is used in this thread for public use inside the helmet for communicating with your team, the number of people you're able to communicate with on this frequency is unlimited. Otherwise I just have my spartan switch the coms to "audio" to be heard. Normally though, TEAMCOM is used for communicating with a small group of soldiers, like a Fireteam which I believe is around 6 to 8 people. But I've read in some Halo novels where Master Chief used TEAMCOM to communicate with a larger number of people, hence the unlimited use for this thread.

SQUADCOM ls used to communicate with your squad, 4 people. Usually used by ODST squads, or Spartan squads. SQUADCOM: Frequencies reserved for use among small units in a specific area. Squadcom has a very small range, it is usually intended to be broadcast over short distances. Usually, radio-communications that take place in Halo: Combat Evolved occur over a SQUADCOM

TACCOM: Short for Tactical Communication. Frequencies reserved for sharing of information between small units on the battlefield. While audio communication is not possible on TACCOM, one team member can upload images, NAV points, and sensor information into the HUD of other members of their team. Similar to SQUADCOM.

SATCOM: Short for Satellite Communication. Frequencies reserved for communications with orbiting satellites, sometimes to relay information to orbiting ships, sometimes for communicating with people or units in another section of the planet. Note that COMSat stations must be in orbit in order for SATCOM to be usable.

HIGHCOM: Short for "High Command", this band is used by and to contact the ranking officers of space ships.

E-BAND: Emergency broadcast channel.[8] Little-used public frequency. After the fall of Reach, Anton-044 used the E-Band to transmit a signal of Oly Oly Oxen Free. It was also used by the UNSC forces on Onyx to notify Lord Hood's Reinforcements of their position. Used as an emergency COM Channel.

UNSC Marine:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Halo+UNSC+Marine&go=&form=QBIR#focal=5bb9fc0805e125a45ea387fd8ad3159e&furl=http%3A%2F%2Fi212.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fcc66%2FDarkRose167%2FHalo%25203%2Fth_H3_Zune_Marine.jpg

These are the backbone of United Nations Space Command (UNSC) and are always on the front line.

ODST Trooper:
http://files.bungie.org/odst_assets/images/ODST_DarkPainting.jpg

These are Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, also called "Helljumpers" because they're usually the first into a battle zone, and their missions have a high death ratio. They drop from a frigate, or a larger space ship, in a vehicle called a Single Occupant Exoatmospheric Insertion Vehicle (SOEIV) into a battle zone. It's commonly said that in order to make it as an ODST, you have to be more than a little insane.

UNSC Spartan:
http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk283/Jakaii2/Halowallpaper-avatar.jpg

Spartans are the UNSC's secret weapon, they take on the highest of risk missions. They are in all actuality children that have been cloned and experimented upon (the clone is sent back to the parents, and more often than not, is defective and dies soon after) to be near seven feet tall and be the strongest, and the fastest in the UNSC's arsenal of soldiers. There are currently 3 classes, or Marks, of Spartans.

Mark 1 is extremely rare most never even survived and if they did they most likely died in combat during the Insurrectionist Wars.

Mark 2 is also rare but probable to play, they were created during the "Innie" Wars but, were recommissioned for the start of Covenant Wars. These are the largest of the Spartans and none of them are shorter than 7 feet tall.

Mark 3 is an improvement upon the Mark 2's and are more human sized tho most of them never get below 6 feet tall because of the growth hormones they're given.

Human Weapons

Human Weapon List: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Human_Weapons

BR55HB SR Battle Rifle

MA5B Assault Rifle

M392 Designated Marksmans Rifle (DMR)

M45 Tactical Shotgun (from Halo: Reach): http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M45_Tactical_Shotgun

M90 Close Assault Weapon System (M90 Shotgun from Halo 1: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, and Halo 3): http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M90_Close_Assault_Weapon_System

M6 Series Magnum and known models: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M6_Series

M41 Surface to Air Rocket Launcher

M6 Grindell/Galilean Nonlinear Rifle (W/AV M6 G/GNR) "Spartan Laser": http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M739_Light_Machine_Gun

New Weapons:

M739 Light Machine Gun "SAW" (Squad Automatic Weapon): http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M739_Light_Machine_Gun

M45D Tactical Shotgun: http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M45D_Tactical_Shotgun

For any additional information on Halo use Halopedia or Halo Nation please, and if that doesn't answer your questions you can always PM me. I'mma pretty big fan of Halo as you might've known, lol.

Chreestafer

Very interested,  tried to start one awhile ago but others took it over and it didn't take off.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Gladiator0161

Awesome, glad to have you along Chreestafer. Thanks for your interest! :D

What type of character would you be wanting to play? ODST? Spartan? Marine Soldier? Army Soldier? Engineer? Scientist? An allied Covenant alien like a Elite, Jackal, Hunter, or Grunt?

Unless someone can give me a good reason why they should play a Brute, I probably won't allow them to be played unless they want to play a Brute or Prophet that is fighting against the UNSC, but, then it's all on them to explain how they got there, and why they are there.

Cold Heritage

How familiar with the Halo universe do you want people to be? I'm willing to go read up articles on a wiki, but I've never played the games or read any of the novels. I saw the collection of animated shorts, and that's the extent to my exposure to official Halo stuff.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Chreestafer

If willing id like to play 2 characters one being a grunt.  A stupid grunt to add comic relief and then my main as either odst or spartan most likely odst
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Gladiator0161

To answer you're question Cold Heritage, I'd prefer more knowledgeable players, someone that's atleast played one of the games, or read one of the books but, I have a bunch of material on my previous Halo threads ooc, so I'll post that stuff, and hopefully that'll help you. :)

As for you Chreestafer, that sounds fine, hadn't intended this to be a comedic thread but, I can roll with it, lol. Ofcourse you realize that, there's a possibility that someone will come across your Grunt sooner or later, and probably kill it, or try to, just because it's a Grunt, if it's not allied with the UNSC.
ODST or Spartan is fine though, just lemme know which one you want to play. :)

K, added a bunch of stuff to the top post, and my brain is failing me atm on Halo 4 Weaponry, so I'll add more later.

Cold Heritage

No worries, man. I understand your position. Best of luck with things.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

ashia starstreak

Load time for my phone was quick (good sign being as images will slow it down), and I will reread it a few more times just to make sure I didn't miss anything, but everything looked good. I fail to see anything wrong with yer intro post. It seems quite open for possibilities with a main goal set into place. 

To be a Hunter? Those guys don't even like covenant. You ever just stay back and watch the couple make their rounds and you'll see the elites, and grunts keeping their distance and hiding from them. They are assholes..but if I had to share a body with several others, I may feel the same too ;) hmm..*envisions Shana capturing a Hunter to release onto an abundance of covenant* haha girl would probably go into battle riding one ;) lol hilarious.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Chreestafer

I really do hope this takes off :)

Ons and Offs
F-List

ashia starstreak

I don't see why not, Chreestafer. The other Halo thread is slow moving, but has been around for a couple years now..holy crap..The only problem I can see occuring is lack of interest, but Gladiator and myself are far too entangled with the Halo universe to allow it to become stagnent. Though, Gladiator, may I suggest a simple blue map of the main ship to better understand the layout of where everything is? For example: kitchen, command room, personnel cabins/showers, med bay, armory, etc. If you describe it I can even do one for you on ms paint. May draw more attention and bring forth new sideline stories among the main missions. I cannot speak for anyone else, but I love my pictures ;) may have a slight problem with imagery while writing, pictures help me.

Gladiator0161

I'll see what I can do Ashia ;)

Hopefully there will be a blueprint of the Infinity that I can use, since the construction and layout would be really similar, if not the same.

Ashia's right btw, even if it's just us, we'll make it work somehow. I'm too stubborn, and too much of a fan not to try, lol ;)

Gladiator0161

Alright guys, it looks like we won't be getting much more interest in this, so I'm gonna dial the scale of the rp back for now until we get more interest. We'll start with some unexplored territories around former UNSC territories, and because it's the best planet I know of for a good start, we'll start with exploring Arcadia :D

Gladiator0161

Is anyone still interested in this? O.o

Baalborn87

I am. Is ODST sharpshooter available?

Gladiator0161

Actually I'm gonna let this one go. There are two few players that want to be involved and my own excitement for this idea has waned. Sorry :(

Baalborn87

Could I ask you to keep me in mind if you decide to re-reboot it in the near future?

Gladiator0161

Sure thing! :)

Sorry about the bad news, I wish you luck in finding another rp to join in on. I'll message you if I come up with something else.

ashia starstreak

I have an idea similar to this! So it may not be a complete fail ;) Buuuut...I need to plan it out more and get internet before I can even begin to brush the surface :/ so it will take awhile. Bummer though.

Gladiator0161

Alright, lemme know what you're cooking up when you get your internet back. I'm kind of intrigued, lol.