Laughing... when you shouldn't.

Started by Sabby, November 28, 2010, 03:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyalyss

I know :( I enjoyed Dungeon Siege 3 a lot (post-patch anyway) and I was very surprised to find out that "the farmer" was actually a lovely lady. Uwe Boll did some kind of Dungeon Siege movie I think, I didn't watch it but as far as I know, the farmer in that movie wasn't exactly a lovely lady *giggles*

At least he's not making the Mass Effect movie *crosses fingers*
O&O's    A&A's

Braioch

From the Orphan...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
When the dad after being an ass to his recovering alcoholic wife about their insane adopted daughter gets stabbed repeatedly.

I laughed in the theater guys, a full theater....I got funny looks afterward....
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Oniya

When Mortal Kombat was in the theaters, there's a point at the end of the climactic battle where the soundtrack cuts out (or at least goes really quiet) as the camera does a shot of the loser impaled on all the spikes that have come out of the MK logo.  This little kid behind me says 'Oww...' and the entire silent theater could hear it.

Mr. Oniya and I both laughed.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

gaggedLouise

Watching Infernal Affairs, I really jumped at the moment where the police boss comes falling off a skyscraper and onto the roof of a car (and making the car horn blear). I just called out "HEY!" (in English, meaning "wtf"), mouth open - and then a few moments later, giggled at my own reaction. Normally I'm a well mannered film goer who doesn't make any serious noise in the theatre.

The scene really takes you unprepared when you watch the film for the first time (it's not on Youtube but the immediate aftermath is here: Goodbye Policeman (Zai Jian Jing Cha)

and you can see his broken body; brilliant film). It's set just after a key confrontation on the roof of the high-rise, a meeting between two cops working undercover but in different ways, and the police chief is not directly involved up there, so when that scene ends without anyone dying and the two men pull off, you breathe out, mentally. Then out of nowhere the big man falls on the car! It's such an insanely unexpected twist.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"