Re:Roman Camp Half-Blood: Looking for more Demigods! Roman Myth based game!

Started by Aiden, June 19, 2011, 12:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

I guess I'm confused.  What do wolves have to do with the Roman gods?  I thought they were just the Greek gods with different names.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Caela

Wolves were rather important in roman myth actually. According to myth a she wolf raised Romulus and Remus, the very founders of Rome herself.

LunarSage

Quote from: Caela on June 21, 2011, 08:14:47 AMRomulus and Remus

My first thought upon hearing those names is Star Trek, even though I never really watched that show.  Odd.

I think I'll pass on this game.  I don't know any of the names that are popping up.  I like to have a good sense of the setting and I seem to know nothing about this.

JDrew Spider

Names? What names? Are you talking about the roman gods? If you know a little mythology that should be good enough.

Also if you want  you can always watch Percy Jackson Versus the Olympians or even Clash of the Titans. Those are good examples.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Josietta

I'm talking Looney into playing my biological twin brother ;D

We need more men in this game!! Its a cooter fest! (Not that I'm complaining overly much....)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

JDrew Spider

"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Aiden

Caela
Jdrew
Kendra

Tour apps are approved, feel fee to move them to the approved section.

@Lunar- When the Romans conquered the Greeks, they pretty much adopted all their deities and made them their own. That is why all of the gods where "upgraded" and made more militaristic and warlike in a culture that respected power and discipline.

@Josi- Sounds good,considering the interest we are getting I am not worried about the sex balance just yet. I think I might be capping this game at 10-12. So if anyone wants to spread the word on the game, I might close recruitment when we get close to those numbers.

Other note- I will allow current players to make second characters if they wish, a little after the game begins and only if the male/female ratio is equal.

LunarSage

So wait... Jupiter is the exact same god as Zeus, right?  Just different names?

ie, a son of Zeus and a son of Jupiter are brothers, right?

Kendra

Quote from: Aiden on June 21, 2011, 11:30:33 AM
Caela
Jdrew
Kendra

Tour apps are approved, feel fee to move them to the approved section.

Great stuff - will move him over now ;)

Aiden

Quote from: LunarSage on June 21, 2011, 11:32:25 AM
So wait... Jupiter is the exact same god as Zeus, right?  Just different names?

ie, a son of Zeus and a son of Jupiter are brothers, right?

Pretty much. Zues is the immature version of Jupiter. Romans make their deities more "Roman"- More warlike and disciplined. Some gods change a little but their over all state is the same from their Greek counterparts.

It is rare that a Greek and Roman version have a child with the same woman, but it has happened in the book series and it happened in this setting with the Masterarm brothers.

LunarSage

ROMULANS!  That's right, there's a race in Star Trek called the Romulans.  Do they have anything to do with Rome?  I seriously had never heard of Romulus.

Aiden

Two more children of Jupiter are in the works (Josi and Lunar), no more children of Jupiter will be allowed until further notice.

midnight diamond

Well I'm definitely interested! I'll start working on a CS today ^.^

bubby

(OK! I hope this works. Some has just been C&P'd, as I'm sure you can tell, but I hope that it covers the basics of who she is!)

Name: Lupa

Title: Director of the Roman Camp Half-Blood

God or Goddess Parent: N/A

Any Background Info: She is known as the Great Wolf Bitch, foster-mother to the founder of Rome Romulus and his brother Remus. Lupa is the head of the Roman Camp Half-Blood in San Francisco, California, She presumably has the same pact with the gods as Chiron does, which means that as long as they are needed to train half-bloods, they will remain immortal (though it is possible she is a wolf goddess). She does not aid or raise weak demigods and runs a harsher, more disciplined and more militaristic camp. She lets the mortal parents leave their demigod child(ren) at the Wolf House  at a young age, around 2 years. If they show weakness, she eats the babies. If they show potential, she takes them to the Roman Camp Half-Blood and nurtures them as if they were her own babies albeit in a harsh "survival of the fittest" way and trains them in the ways of a Roman soldier. While she is still extremely strict, she can exhibit a calmer, even humorous and caring side.

Fatal Flaw: Unknown

Weapon or Skill:  She is the Mother. Her word is law. It is survive or die under her watchful eyes. She will love you, or she will kill you.

Physical Description: In wolf form, very large, standing about 5 feet at the shoulder, dark chocolate fur with auburn highlights, golden eyes. In human form, one she doesn't take often unless needing to be amongst Mortals, she is very tall, standing at about six and a half feet, long auburn hair, eyes still golden.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Dislikes:  Lycaon, the first werewolf. Weakness.

Aiden

Jefepato

If you still need players, I'd be interested in playing a son of Trivia (the Roman version of Hecate).

Aiden

Quote from: Jefepato on June 21, 2011, 01:30:21 PM
If you still need players, I'd be interested in playing a son of Trivia (the Roman version of Hecate).

Playing a son of Trivia work, you won't have your own cabin. I would assume Trivia does not have many children BUT you can be among the first to be claimed then later help construct a cabin for your mother in game.

Do you want to come in as an unclaimed demigod or claimed? Work up a sheet when you get a chance.

Keep in mind if Lupa raised you from age 2 or if you will be part of the new generation (along side my son of Mars) who show up unclaimed at X age.

In the current state of the game- the minor deities are respected and acknowledged but their cabins are yet to be built for their children.

Jefepato

I was thinking claimed and raised by Lupa.  Does the Roman camp also have unclaimed demigods and children of minor gods live in Mercury's cabin?

Anyway, I'll have a sheet ready soon-ish.  I can't get pictures to post properly on Elliquiy for some reason though, so I may have to resort to a verbal description as usual.

Aiden

Kendra

Quote from: Jefepato on June 21, 2011, 01:57:55 PM
  I can't get pictures to post properly on Elliquiy for some reason though, so I may have to resort to a verbal description as usual.

Jefepato - have you tried using the site wiki to upload an image, it's usually a sure fire way ;)

midnight diamond

Name: Sapphire Todd
God or Goddess Parent: Pluto
Claimed or Unclaimed: claimed
Any Background Info: Sapphire was found on the camp's doorstep when she was two years old. She has no memories of her mother, and only when she was claimed by Pluto at the age of 5 did she have any idea about who her father was. Since then, she has learned all she can about her father, Pluto, and the other Roman gods and goddesses.
Fatal Flaw: Holding grudges.
Weapon or Skill: Necromancy, umbrakinesis, geokinesis, shadow travel, small control over hellfire
Physical Description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Extra info- wants to find out who her mother is and why she abandoned her
Future Goals: To obtain a Stygian sword from her father, Pluto
Fears: Abandonment, dolls and clowns
Likes: The dark, spiders, the colour black, ghost stories, chocolate, cats
Dislikes: Mornings, overly-cheerful people, bright colours, fish, stupidity

Caela

*Makes a mental note to self* If it comes to fighting Sapphire for some reason...just shoot her ass from a nice, comfy distance! :D

Kidding Midi!

midnight diamond

JDrew Spider

These profiles are looking good. I was thinking about taking up a second character too.

I'm starting to get a Spartacus feel to this rp.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Aiden

Midnight's character is approved, go ahead and post it in the approved thread Midi. I am allowing only one more child (claimed or unclaimed) of Pluto.