Hogwarts A Future

Started by Kendra, January 03, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaed

I re-sized my image, the best that I could. If I did it down the the wanted size it looked like someone hit the head of my guy man times and made him a midget.

Amelita

Found it.

Quote from: Kendra on January 04, 2012, 12:00:31 PM
Evening all - sorry work has been scary busy today so couldn't even get on my emails to check stuff out >.<

For the character sheet could you all make sure pretty please that your images are cropped down to 150 x200 as if they are an avatar size portrait :)
will totally love you guys up forevars!! if you do  ;D

will scroll through this manic bunch of posts to see what questions have been posted up and will try to answer as best we can  C:)

*luvs on the HP nutz* <3

well the orignal hats they used were jokes - the only cloaks that students are permitted on Hogwarts are school cloaks - but of course if something else is sneaked in to the school then there's not a lot that can be done but we'd rather these were taken up with the GM's first - so that we don't have every student suddenly running around with mass amounts of protection - what fun would that be  >:)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Nadir

Quote from: Kendra on January 04, 2012, 03:36:43 PM
tagging is basically the system we use to post
in the other game we've co. gm'd we found it very helpful when there are so many in a few threads.
it is basically something like this ...  (taken from camp jupiter)

Name / occupation: Arturius Smythe / healer / npc
Camp / Parent / C or UC: Roman / Apollo / claimed
Tagged: Lilly and Jin

Quote from: Eden on January 04, 2012, 03:39:17 PM
Where would that tag thing be posted? In the body of the in-game post?

Quote from: Aiden on January 04, 2012, 03:43:12 PM

Correct, at the top works best normally. Here is a link to a group of people interacting. We will provide the code, you guys just need to fill out your name, location and people interacting.

This will help keep order when you are in a major thread like The Main thread of Diagon Alley moving along to a shop so people can know who is interacting with them or seeking them out.

Example

Tag system

Jag

I cropped mine down to almost that size (very close) and then just linked the full size under the cropped image.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Saerrael

Amelita

Quote from: FallenAngelNajdan on January 04, 2012, 07:18:36 PM
I re-sized my image, the best that I could. If I did it down the the wanted size it looked like someone hit the head of my guy man times and made him a midget.

-drops off a present-

You can link the original to that one like so:

[url=http://i40.tinypic.com/28t72p.jpg][img]http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/ameliacasey/28t72p.jpg[/img][/url]

In case anyone was wondering. -curls up on her cloud-

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Haibane

Quote from: Eden on January 04, 2012, 07:15:40 PM
I thought the resizing was only for the tag system.
Yes, your character image needs to be 150x200 max so it can be used in every post header - or you could use a bigger pic as long as it resizes via bb code in proportion down to about 150x200 (for example a landscape layout pic won't work).

I cropped and resized 4 pics for my character. Only took a few minutes. If players want something similar I can do it and bung the pics up in my photobucket account where you can link to them for the game. Anyone who asks nicely I'll do that for them ;)

Saerrael

I rather recall what the hell the BBCoding was *thinks*

Blaed

Quote from: Amelia on January 04, 2012, 07:27:31 PM
-drops off a present-

You can link the original to that one like so:

[url=http://i40.tinypic.com/28t72p.jpg][img]http://i982.photobucket.com/albums/ae306/ameliacasey/28t72p.jpg[/img][/url]

In case anyone was wondering. -curls up on her cloud-

I was being lazy, thank you for supporting my laziness lol.

Amelita

Saerra honey, want me to make you a nifty little code like that? Just link me to the pic you're gonna use if you do <3

Saerrael

Quote from: Amelia on January 04, 2012, 07:33:54 PM
Saerra honey, want me to make you a nifty little code like that? Just link me to the pic you're gonna use if you do <3

Nope, I just want to recall the commands. Thank you for the offer.

Jag

*spends a few minutes fiddling with her pictures to get them to the right sizes*

Haloriel

Done.  I just made an alternate version - properly sized - of the picture I used, uploaded them to Elluiki and linked the original big picture I had - which is also on the wiki to my character name.  The cat picture is smaller, but I assumed it made little difference.  :D  I went from this size to this one.  Hope that works!

Aiden

We have another reason for wanting a 150x200 size picture besides the code, but that is a surprise.  ^-^

Blaed

-pokes at the surprise, and it growls- Uh... right.

Saerrael

Quote from: Aiden on January 04, 2012, 07:45:20 PM
We have another reason for wanting a 150x200 size picture besides the code, but that is a surprise.  ^-^

Is it a problem if I use BBCoding for it...? I rather know now I'm still busy and tinkering then when my sheet is done *laughs*

Jag

I love surprises. *nods*

Question: Is it alright for us to expand on our family line (like adding members and giving short bios on them) even after we've posted our sheet? Not full bios on any of them, but just little bits about them and names, ages, what house they were in.

I only ask, because I want to expand mine. I plan on making it nice and easy to read and keep it from cluttering my post, but I would like to have as much info as I can in one place for me to look at and for others to look at.

Amelita

Yes, I'd rather want to know the same thing, Michi.

Aiden

Quote from: Saerra on January 04, 2012, 07:46:39 PM
Is it a problem if I use BBCoding for it...? I rather know now I'm still busy and tinkering then when my sheet is done *laughs*
I don't think so, what important is the image size so it looks good when said surprise is revealed. Those who were approved already already received their first surprise.  XD

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 04, 2012, 07:47:55 PM
I love surprises. *nods*

Question: Is it alright for us to expand on our family line (like adding members and giving short bios on them) even after we've posted our sheet? Not full bios on any of them, but just little bits about them and names, ages, what house they were in.

I only ask, because I want to expand mine. I plan on making it nice and easy to read and keep it from cluttering my post, but I would like to have as much info as I can in one place for me to look at and for others to look at.

We not only approve this, we encourage it.

For people who have "minor" (Major need approval with the GM's, Head of Departments, etc etc.) positions in the Ministry, feel free to contact us (A little later) so we can actually shuffle these family members into the Ministry Listing and fill it out that side of the Wiki.

Saerrael

Zealously Jaded

Just wondering if my picture was alright, it's smaller then 150x200. Does it have to be exactly 150x200?

Jag

So I should probably PM you and Kendra my whole family list seeing as how I sort of have them roped into being very low level, paper pusher, clerk types at the Ministry...? It's only the males. All the females are just housewives. I also have some canon characters who are deceased (they died in the books) that have distant relation to my character's family who worked in the ministry, we don't need to PM you the deceased ones, do we? I don't think that would be necessary, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

>.>

And thank you for the response.

Swashbuckler

Aiden

Quote from: Michi No Sora on January 04, 2012, 08:05:01 PM
So I should probably PM you and Kendra my whole family list seeing as how I sort of have them roped into being very low level, paper pusher, clerk types at the Ministry...? It's only the males. All the females are just housewives. I also have some canon characters who are deceased (they died in the books) that have distant relation to my character's family who worked in the ministry, we don't need to PM you the deceased ones, do we? I don't think that would be necessary, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

>.>

And thank you for the response.

Nope you are good, we will sort your Paper pushing Family into a department whenever you pick one. The Ministry does have TONS of jobs so we will only list family members and relatives/friends that are created by you players.

P.S you got approved already so just let us know what changes you make to your history but if you repeat what you did with your initial sheet then it should be no issue.

Jag

Quote from: Aiden on January 04, 2012, 08:10:56 PM
Nope you are good, we will sort your Paper pushing Family into a department whenever you pick one. The Ministry does have TONS of jobs so we will only list family members and relatives/friends that are created by you players.

Awesome. I'm thinking the Department of Magical Transportation. That seems boring enough for them. Possibly the Broom Regulatory Control Department. ^^

QuoteP.S you got approved already so just let us know what changes you make to your history but if you repeat what you did with your initial sheet then it should be no issue.

I'm not making any changes to my student character or her childhood history, just adding onto her family. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, and first cousins. Nothing more than that (that I have planned at the moment anyway).