Lone Wolf

Started by GoldenChild, December 05, 2006, 04:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenChild

Remember the old adventure series Lone Wolf? Are there any interest for such a game using the rules published by Mongoose? How it is set up all depends on the number of people interested and... well a bunch of other things such as which types of game you want to play.

From Wikipedia:
Magnamund is a planet in the universe of Aon which is the focus of battle between the powers of Good, among them Kai (God of the Sun) and Ishir (Goddess of the Moon), and Naar, the evil God of Darkness.

In the north-east of Magnamund's northern continent lies the realm of Sommerlund. Its people, the Sommlending, are devoted followers of Kai. There are those among them, known as Kai Lords or simply 'the Kai', who possess extraordinary innate abilities. Trained from childhood at the Kai Monastery, the Kai Lords are Sommerlund's greatest defence against Naar's agents.

Naar's champions upon Magnamund are the Darklords, who dwell in the scorched wastes of the Darklands, west of Sommerlund. This realm, inhospitable to most life, enables the Darklords to survive on Magnamund - though powerful, they are greatly weakened by the natural atmosphere of the world. Forced to enact their will at a distance, the Darklords wage war with armies of Drakkarim (humans devoted to Naar), Giaks (goblin-like creatures spawned in vast numbers), and other creatures, and are served by agents such as Vordaks (undead with psychic powers) and Helghasts (shapechanging undead).

Rayve13

That could be a lot of fun. If you (or anyone) needs more info, here's a site to check out:

http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Home

You can play through the old books, or follow links to get more info.

Anyway, count me as interested.

GoldenChild

If we don't have more interested than that I will put it up as a one-to-one game.

RubySlippers

I'm i as long as we have some sort of rules they seem easy enough.

Jefepato

Sounds vaguely interesting, but I've never heard of it.  I'll have to read through that site.

GoldenChild

Quote from: RubySlippers on December 07, 2006, 06:22:52 PM
I'm i as long as we have some sort of rules they seem easy enough.

There are a set of d20 rules I will be using.

RubySlippers

Then I'm not interested unless they are free and available on-line, are they?

GoldenChild

They are availible on-line, I'll PM you the link.

GoldenChild

Since we are a few I have asked for a board...

Jefepato

Quote from: GoldenChild on December 07, 2006, 11:14:52 PM
There are a set of d20 rules I will be using.

Can I get the link to these as well?

RubySlippers

A 310 page file? I can't download that monster I have basic dial-up its taking around 2 pages a minute. Sorry I can't play this.

Jefepato

It's less than 8 megs...

Anyway, GC, the game does look interesting.  What level and stat-generation method did you have in mind?

GoldenChild

Jefepato is right it isn't that large, it should "only" take about an hour for you to download.

The game itself:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=289.0

GoldenChild

A few more players is needed... Well here is the story:

In the northern land of Sommerlund, it has been the custom for many centuries to send the children of the Warrior Lords to the monastery of Kai. There they are taught the skills and disciplines of their noble fathers.

The Kai monks are masters of their art and the children in their charge love and respect them in spite of the hardships of their training. For one day when they have finally learnt the secret skills of the Kai they will return to their homes equipped in mind and body to defend themselves against the constant threat of war from the Darklords of the west.

In olden times, during the Age of the Black Moon, the Darklords waged war on Sommerlund. The conflict was a long and bitter trial of strength that ended in victory for the Sommlending at the great battle of Maakengorge. King Ultar and the allies of Durenor broke the Darklord armies at the pass of Moytura and forced them back into the bottomless abyss of Maakengorge. Vashna, mightiest of the Darklords, was slain upon the sword of King Ulnar, called 'Sommerswerd' - the Sword of the Sun. Since that age, the Darklords have vowed vengeance upon Sommerlund and the House of Ulnar.

Now it is in the morning of the Feast of Fehmarn, when all of the Kai Lords are present at the monastery for the celebrations. Suddenly a great black cloud comes out from the western skies. So many are the numbers of the black-winged beasts that fill the sky, that the sun is completely hidden. The Darklords, ancient enemy of Sommlending, are attacking. War has begun.

delle

I've often thought that Darklords were awfully sexy :)

GoldenChild

Well I have a place even for those that thinks that... although you still have to play "the good guys".

Rayve13

Quote from: delle on December 13, 2006, 03:48:04 AM
I've often thought that Darklords were awfully sexy :)
Sexy Darklords? You've seen those guys, right? Like the insectoid and the guy with the parasite in his face?

You, my lady, frighten me terribly  ;D

delle

Quote from: Rayve13 on December 13, 2006, 03:20:40 PM
Sexy Darklords? You've seen those guys, right? Like the insectoid and the guy with the parasite in his face?

You, my lady, frighten me terribly  ;D

I loved Zagarna... the guy with the maw in his belly. An extra mouth, all the matter to eat me with, my dear! Mwahahahaha!

GoldenChild

Ok... we need more players... those intersted come on by:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=289.0

Swedish Steel

I used to love these books when I was younger. Pass me the link to the rules you will be using, please?
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

GoldenChild

That was two character and a third on its way... anyone else?

Mindhazingsquid

I might be interested if you can give me a link to the character creation site