Anyone up for Strike Witches? (All legal, of course)

Started by ReijiTabibito, February 19, 2010, 04:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

This is, quite obviously, an advertisement for a Group RP based on the GONZO anime Strike Witches.  For those of you unfamiliar with Strike Witches, you can read the premise either on TV Tropes, or on the almighty Wikipedia.  Also, the episodes are available for free (and legal) watching on the Funimation website – just Google ‘Strike Witches.’

Basic idea of the RP: it takes place post-season 1 (since a confirmed 2nd season will be airing sometime), with a few alterations to the ending, namely things being changed so the Witches are still together, and haven’t been disbanded.  Also, due to E’s rule about no characters under 16, the story is set 5 years after the first season began (1949).  Finally, there will have been some additions to the cast (but that’ll be in a minute).  The RP is being co-run by both myself and Major Major, so if you have any questions, feel free to direct them to either of us. 

Characters:  All the canon characters are available to play – though some might have limitations or restrictions placed on them.  The canon character’s current ages will be listed in the Cast section.   You can also play an OC – though it would be much appreciated if you also played a canon character as well as an OC.  This is done so that Major and I don’t have to worry about splitting up 11 roles to play between the two of us – our ability to play the characters convincingly would undoubtedly suffer.  There is only 1 other rule regarding OCs – if they have a relationship, it cannot be with the canon character you are also playing.  Sorry, no self-contained stories here.

Cast:

Canon Witches:
Yoshika Miyafuji (Age 19) – Available
Mio Sakamoto (Age 24) – Available
Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke (Age 23) – played by ReijiTabibito
Lynette Bishop (Age 20) – played by Major Major
Perrine H. Clostermann (Age 20) – played by krisalyx
Erica Hartmann (Age 21) – played by Major Major
Gertrud Barkhorn (Age 23) – played by IrishBAMF88
Francesca Lucchini (Age 17) – played by krisalyx
Shirley E. Yeager (Age 21) – played by Sessha
Eila Ilmatar Juutilainen (Age 20) – played by Sessha
Sanya V. Litvyak (Age 18) – played by IrishBAMF88

OC Witches:
Katharine O'Hare (age 22) - played by krisalyx (modified version of the light novel character)
OC based on Jimmy Doolittle - played by Sessha

NPC Characters:
Cmdr. Graham Lambert (Age 28) – played by Major Major
Lt. James ‘Jimmy’ Patterson (Age 21) – played by ReijiTabibito
Capt. Aaron O'Donnel (Age 24) – played by IrishBAMF88

P.S. Regarding the ‘losing magic abilities’ thing…invoke the vaunted MST3K Mantra: “It’s just a game, I should really just relax.”

Otherwise, have at it!

rancorius

Major Major

krisalyx

"meow" do any of the characters from the light novels count as playable and if so there's one i've been dieing to want to play as Katharine O'Hare here i'll quote from the same wikipedia article you quoted   " Hailing from Texas in the United States of Liberion, she is a real airheaded dunce. She was transferred over after the Liberion Navy thought she could use some experience over at Sumous rather than dragging her forces down due to her rookie tactics. Despite her inexperience she helps to do her best to keep her team in high spirits. In spite of her cheerfulness, her inability to grasp other cultures except her own may occasionally negate her efforts to befriend others" condsidering she's a disaster magnet just read the translation of the fist light novel for more info  but she'd be a joy to play as (giggle) so if the light novel characters are playable i want to play as katherine if it's possible of course.
Fuu Fuu Fuu . . . Now Just Behave Yourself!

ReijiTabibito

I'm not entirely sure if the light novel characters would be playable - I know that I've never had the opportunity to read them, and I don't know if Major has had the opportunity to either.  If we can get our hands on them, then I know that personally, I shouldn't have a problem with it.  If we can't...I'd say no.  Better pick one of the characters on the list just in case.

Major Major

krisalyx

yep it's just the fan translations for the first light novel through katherine is oh god's how can i say this she's a ditzy texas airhead through and through (giggle) ok here's the link  http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Strike_Witches

ReijiTabibito

Major & I will check out this translation...if it's coherent enough for us to understand, we should be good to go.  The only thing that I might add is that while Katherine is technically a canon character, if you could also take one of the listed open characters, that would help a lot.

Major Major

Weeelll.... She would make for an interesting character.

krisalyx

i told you katherine would be a joy to play a flighty southern airhead (giggle) even thorugh i'm not an airhead i am a southern gal but if she's off-limits i'll pick one of the cannon girls not sure who yet i still haven't made up my mind but if ya'll add the light novels to the story i want katherine if not oh well

Major Major

Sessha

Ah finally I have been approved. I can't wait to get this underway! :)
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

ReijiTabibito

OOC Thread is up!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=63546.0

Go have fun!  Talk!  And maybe if we can get the other 3 characters claimed, then we can get started!

Major Major

Two positions left open, first come first served!

pendarious

mmm.....i don't know if i could pull off either of the remaining charecters but i'll give sakumoto-san a shot and then if you guys don't mind....i'd like to try playing Elizabeth F. Beurling from the lightnovels to accompany Katherine if you will.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

ReijiTabibito

The way we're running Mio for now is that everyone plays her, using her as needed, since she's kinda simple to play.

As for Elizabeth...you're welcome to play her, but like krisalyz and Katherine, it'd be a modified version of the light novel character.

pendarious

define modified if you will? and about mio ok *scratches back of head laughing* i don't think there is any way on earth i could play myafuji i just can't swing into her persona.....i'm not good with determined heroes
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

ReijiTabibito

Well, the light novel that Elizabeth and Katherine appear in takes place in 1939, and this game takes place in 1949.  So, we monkeyed around with the timeline a little by saying that the light novels and the anime take place in parallel universess.  We did that so that we'd be able to explain why the Witches are still together, since around the age of 20, the seem to start losing their powers.