News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solstice

Quote from: Gavlois on September 11, 2013, 03:05:00 PM
I used to run ArPen reds, but then I switched them out for flat AD. I liked having the early extra damage over the armor penetration for the early levels, though I'm considering switching back. I also run AD Quints too, but that's usually because my movespeed isn't a problem as Vayne.

Usually AD reds are for heroes who already have a strong early game, and decent AD scaling, to give them even more of an advantage (for example, Riven). An ADC is probably better-served by ArPen, unless you need the help last hitting, or perhaps plan on running a very aggressive lane.
Apoloies & Absences - Updated 11/16/2014 - Around and available? Hopefully?

Gavlois

Yeah... most of my LoL career has been me being a noob, then learning to support, then finally jungling. I've recently picked up a few mid champs. So this

Quote from: Solstice on September 11, 2013, 03:10:38 PM
need the help last hitting

is very accurate.
O/O

Spell

Quote from: Gavlois on September 11, 2013, 03:17:11 PM
Yeah... most of my LoL career has been me being a noob, then learning to support, then finally jungling. I've recently picked up a few mid champs. So this

is very accurate.

A thing that helps a lot if you have trouble last hitting is auto-attack any minion and see how much damage you do. Remember that number, and click on a minion who you feel is gonna die next, look at the healthbar in its status in the top left corner and see how much hearth is has left, that should help with getting more last hits, Phreak tends to do this a lot.

Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Gavlois

I've tried doing that, but it ends up distracting me more than it's helping. I just tend to wait for a certain length left of the minion's health bar before shooting, which is nice as AD. However, going to play mid sucks since at level 1 your autos do so little.
O/O

apygoos

my CS average is only~ 5 a min, no matter how i try to practice, i seem to always get the hyper aggressive lane opponent that just wants to fight when im trying to CS T_T
part of why i love the jungle. MY CREEPS

Gavlois

If I'm absolutely passive the entire laning phase, I can get to about 85 at ten minutes. If I'm playing with an aggressive support (the type I like best) I can get around 50-60, but have about 3-4 kills, which is nice.
O/O

Spell

Quote from: Gavlois on September 11, 2013, 03:51:40 PM
I've tried doing that, but it ends up distracting me more than it's helping. I just tend to wait for a certain length left of the minion's health bar before shooting, which is nice as AD. However, going to play mid sucks since at level 1 your autos do so little.

Some midlaners actually run flat AD reds to help with their last hitting. Sacrificing 2 points in sorcery to put 2 points in Butcher in the offensive tree also helps a LOT
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...

Shjade

Quote from: apygoos on September 11, 2013, 03:53:15 PM
my CS average is only~ 5 a min, no matter how i try to practice, i seem to always get the hyper aggressive lane opponent that just wants to fight when im trying to CS T_T
part of why i love the jungle. MY CREEPS

Oddly enough, this is one of the few things that Co-Op vs AI games can really help you improve: bots are stupidly, suicidally overaggressive and will ignore creeps in favor of throwing themselves at your face 90% of the time while also constantly pushing their lanes. Good practice trying to last hit under that kind of pressure.

Does it help you learn how to stay alive in regular games under normal circumstances? Not really, no, but for pure last-hitting under fire, it's a pretty nice training exercise.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

apygoos

yea i do use botgames to try that because of that very fact, sometimes the bots are comedicly over aggressive.

Florence

Haha xD noted. I've already wasted IP by buying the wrong thing on a few occasions :U guess I'll just save the rest of my IP for later.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

The Golden Touch

Any of my NA server League friends want to play ARAM with me, feel free to PM me to ask for my name!

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

SinXAzgard21

Early game, AD runes win.  Late game the armor pen is better.  So it is a matter of what you want to run.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

apygoos

my summoner name is the same as on here

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: apygoos on September 11, 2013, 09:56:46 PM
my summoner name is the same as on here

While that is cool, you shouldn't mention that in public forums.

Florence

If anyone wants to play, feel free to PM me for my name :>

I'm still... not a TOTAL n00b, but not nearly pro xD

So... yeah. Don't expect me to be some godlike destroyer of champions or anything.

Doesn't help that I've been playing a new champion xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

muddturtle13

I play all sorts of modes (Ranked, Normal, Dominion, ARAM, TT). I just made Gold (YAY), and I'll gladly play with anyone. PM for my name.

apygoos

Quote from: muddturtle13 on September 12, 2013, 11:49:23 AM
I play all sorts of modes (Ranked, Normal, Dominion, ARAM, TT). I just made Gold (YAY), and I'll gladly play with anyone. PM for my name.
my goal was to get to gold this season, now with less than 2 months left, ill be lucky to get to silver from bronze 3 >.<

The Golden Touch

I haven't even played the first Normal matches to get me placed. >>;;; Should get my friends who are good to support to at least get me not placed in Bronze. ^^

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

apygoos

according to riot, i was placed in bronze because i only had ~200 normal wins
i have 105 ranked wins and im still in bronze >.< lots of promo losing and whatnot..

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: The Golden Touch on September 12, 2013, 12:33:58 PM
I haven't even played the first Normal matches to get me placed. >>;;; Should get my friends who are good to support to at least get me not placed in Bronze. ^^

The issue is that you'll also have others who will call for ADC as well.  So unless you know the whole team, it is dice rolling.

muddturtle13

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on September 12, 2013, 05:28:20 PM
The issue is that you'll also have others who will call for ADC as well.  So unless you know the whole team, it is dice rolling.
It works if your Duo is in a higher division. If so, they'll almost always be first pick and can call ADC then switch with you.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: muddturtle13 on September 12, 2013, 11:02:43 PM
It works if your Duo is in a higher division. If so, they'll almost always be first pick and can call ADC then switch with you.

ADC or feed....  Yeah that pretty much trumps that.

E1Alpha

Ah, LoL... I can honestly admit, I've refused to play the game ever since the last Yi buff.
I was just... No... Just... I felt violated after seeing the changes they made to him... *sigh*

Oh, and for the record: Alistar for Support, all the way <3

apygoos

Yi was popular for a week after the changed, then people remembered that there's Zed and Khazix, and even Talon who far out preform Yi as an AD assassin. first game on sunday is TSM vs Gaming Gear EU [the international wildcard team]. All coming week, im rooting for TSM, Lemondogs, Fnatic and Vulcun to get out of group stages. Id love for Gambit to make it, but then that means,,id have to remove fnatic from my "hope" list.
I just want it all to be done so we see who takes on cloud 9

muddturtle13

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on September 13, 2013, 12:19:21 AM
ADC or feed....  Yeah that pretty much trumps that.
Well, that's obviously just the perils of playing Ranked?