News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Finding Winter (A Seelie/Fae game)

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, December 31, 2017, 02:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

The Fae, a race older than humanity. For years they have been behind the changing of the seasons, the balance of life and death on Earth. They long-lived creatures are things of beauty. Long ago humans believed that the Fae were beautiful, magical creatures without souls. Many theories have been put forth as to where the Fae came from, even the Fae themselves will pick at humans and tease them about their origins. Some say demons, other say angels. The truth was neither. The first Fae were children of nothing but the Earth. The magic within them came from the magic within the Earth. The only drawback was as they were of the Earth they were charged with taking care of the other.

Before the Courts divided there was just the Fae and their rules. Queen Titania and King Oberon. For many years there was peace between all of the Fae under the rule of the King and Queen. All the inhabitants lived in the City of Everlasting Change. They were the original Seelie court. Through the first uprising though groups of Fae no longer wanted to fall under the rule of Queen Titania and King Oberon. They no longer wanted to be a part of the Faerie Entirety. They wanted a hierarchy of their own made up of Fae who would listen to them and had their interests at heart. These Fae were the beginning of the Unseelie Court. Monarchs are able to reign for 1000 years. This time can be extended if the people of their court agree to the extension of their reign.

The Seelie Courts

The Seelie Court is typically more beneficial toward humanity. Seelie means "Blessed" or "Holy" and is akin to German selig and Old English sælig. The modern word, "silly" which can be understood as happy, harmless, or beneficial. The fae of this court are known to seek out humans. They often like to lure humans into their parties and all but turn them into slaves with their fruits. They also appear to warn those who had accidentally offended them in one manner or another, and to return human kindness with favors of their own. Fae don't like to be in debt. Even so, a faery belonging to this court will most definitely avenge insults and are prone to much mischief. The most common time of day to see them is dawn and in the earlier hours of the day. The current reigning Matriarch is Queen Titania and the Patriarch is King Oberon.

The Spring Court

The Spring Court is seen as the much "calmer" ones to the benevolence of the Fae compared to Summer. The fae of this court are generally polite, bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, playful, and eccentric. These fae are more apt to lure humans in with sweet dew whether it be for pranks or parties. They also have blossoming curiosity. The Spring Court is strongest during the ends of winter and throughout the spring season, despite the Summer Court having reigned. These fae are peppy, quiet, seductive, emotional, and vernal obviously. The epitome of springtime. During Sunrise is when they feel strongest, when they are most connected with the Earth. They get a surge of power during the Last Quarter phase of the Moon.

- Prominent colors of the Spring Court are yellow, light green, soft pinks, and light blues.

The Summer Court

The Summer Court appear to be another benevolent side of the Fae. The fae of this court are generally considered more polite or mannered, albeit they are still very capable of cruelty (but will be more hush-hush, or subtle about it). They also tend to be more elitist some suggest it’s because King Oberon and Titania come from the Summer Court. The Summer Court has free reign over summer solstice and spring equinox months, and are strongest during that time. Needless to say, the fae of this court are frivolous, venereal, hot-headed, courageous, prideful, and what have you. In many ways the Summer Court is the 'Life' in the circle of life. They embody life itself and breath life into that which is dying. They are the epitome of summer and find themselves the strongest during the midday sun. They get a surge of power during the Full Moon.

- Prominent colors of the Summer Court are white, bright blues, greens, teals, bright reds, and bright pinks.

The Unseelie Courts

The Unseelie, the "Unholy" or "Unblessed" Court consists of the malicious and more evilly-inclined fairies. Though 'evil' is a relative term that was coined long ago by those of the Summer Courts. Unlike the Seelie Court, offense is not necessary to bring down their foes or anyone they choose to bother for that matter. As a group, or the 'host' as we Fae call it, they appear at night and assault travelers either 'physically', emotionally, and/or mentally– especially spiritually ignorant folk. Like the faeries of the Seelie Court, neither are the faeries of the Unseelie court always evil. However, when one of them is forced to choose, they will naturally prefer to harm than help.

The Autumn Court

The Autumn Court is seen as the less malevolent side of Fae in comparison to Winter, but much more meddling. The fae of this court are generally the ones doing the "dirty work" and "trooping" for the Unseelie. However, these fae can have much nicer sides than any of the Fae and return great favors. The Autumn Court is strongest during the ends of summer and throughout the autumn season. These fae are strong, mystique, eerie, ravishing all the same, and devious. The epitome of autumn sunset and twilight are when they are the strongest. The Autumn Court gets a surge of power during the first quarter.

- Prominent colors of the Autumn Court are oranges, dark yellows, dark reds, and browns.

The Winter Court

The Winter Court represents what people see as the malevolent side of the Fae. The fae of this court frown upon humans and the way they treat the other. They're more inclined to talk about their open cruelty. This makes them look none other than evil, however one chooses to define evil. The Winter Court has free reign over winter solstice and autumn equinox months, and are strongest during that time. Many don’t see the harsh reality that is the Winter Court as it is their duty to bring about the ‘death’ of the circle of life. They choose to ignore that without death there can be no life. By and by, the fae of this court are sensible, chilled, dark, baleful, and what have you. They are the epitome of winter most often seen during twilight and into the night. They get a surge of power during the full moon.

- Prominent colors are lavender, purple, navy, grays, and black.

Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

Finding Winter

The King is dead.

The Plot : Three months ago the Unseelie Queen Mab went missing, vanished without a trace. No one had answered, not even her oldest daughter Mirrah knew what had happened to her mother. Without the Queen at their helm the Unseelie are unsettled. Mab was their protector, the one who kept them safe from the Seelie who looked down upon them. Mirrah took over in her mother’s stead until an official Queen can be appointed.

A month after Mab went missing King Oberon of the Seelie Court was proclaimed dead by Queen Titania herself. Seelie and Unseelie alike mourned the loss of King Oberon. Wise, fair, playful, he looked down upon no on and was always against war. All Seelie knew of Oberon’s love for Mab, including Titania herself. Whispers suggested that King Oberon’s death was linked to the disappearance of Queen Mab.

At the announcement of King Oberon’s death the Seelie were outraged that their Queen already had plans to marry another. Their outrage only grew at the announcement that the other man was a member of the Unseelie, Oren of the Autumn Court. After their marriage before the entire Seelie Court, Queen Titania announced her plans. With her Oberon dead, and her new husband of the Unseelie, Queen Titania planned to reunite the Unseelie and the Seelie. To have all of them ruled under one kingdom again. Of course even the most loyal of the Seelie were wary of their queen’s intentions.

Some, Unseelie and Seelie alike, believe the only way to stop Titania's plan to is find the only one who ever stood up to her. Queen Mab.

The Rules

* Power/God/Meta-gaming. I will have none of this. I understand in this game characters have powers but I will shut it down very quickly.
* Respect in all forms is essential. This is a LGBT friendly game. I expect everyone to treat it that way.
* This game is about the Seelie/Unseelie not about mortals.
* If you’re going to be gone for a length of time, please let me know.
* Let’s keep the drama in the game. If you’re experiencing a problem with another player let me know and I’ll do my best to help mediate and come to an agreement.

Character Sheet

[float=left] Appearance [/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (Seelie live longer than humans so anywhere between 18-500)
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Court:[/b] (Seellie/Unseelie Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter)
[b]Titania Supporter?: [/b] Yes or No
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Ons/Offs:[/b]

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

Here is my character sheet so that everyone can kind of see what I'm going for as far as characters go.

Name: Sasha

Sexuality: Bisexual

Court: Unseelie, Winter Court

Titania Supporter?: No

Personality: Independent and headstrong, Sasha is not the type of lady to be taken lightly. Sarcastic, aloof, and at times cold many would say that she is the embodiment of Winter, much like her mother before her. A leader in her own right, Sasha was accepting of her place in the hierarchy system and never attempted to move up further in the ranks. A proud woman Sasha is very loyal to her people.

History: Sasha is one of Queen Mab’s daughters father was an Unseelie in the Autumn Court who had a love for Russian Literature. As such he was the one who chose the name Sasha for her. Being a daughter of Queen Mab Sasha was given no last name even though her father did have one he had a penchant for. The younger sister of Mirrah, Sasha was not cultivated to be Queen one day. Instead she was raised to be the future Queen’s guard, another reason she was given the name ‘Sasha’. 

As she wasn’t being groomed to take the crown eventually, Sasha was put through rigorous magic and physical training. Sasha was raised along side all of her siblings but specifically was meant to be one of Mirrah's guards as Mirrah was the eldest and encouraged to vie for the throne at the next coronation.

At the disappearance of her mother, Sasha felt the loss just like all the Unseelie did. She and Mirrah immediately suspected that there was foul play. when King Oberon was declared dead Sasha was the one that encouraged Mirrah to see if Winter's Touch was still put away safely in her Mother's quarters. Sasha was there when Mirrah discovered it was missing. When Titania announced her marriage to Oren it stuck to Sasha. Oren had always been a sneaky fellow, she assumed he had gone to live among the mortals at his disappearance.

Ons/Offs

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

LamentingQuill

Name: Avelynn (Gaelic form is Eibhelann, means radiant beauty)
Sexuality:Heterosexual
Court: Summer
Titania Supporter?: Yes and No, she loves her mother Titiana and would do anything to protect her, but lately as of the vanishing of her father, Avelynn is uncertain what is going on with her mother and is deeply concerned.
Personality: Avelynn has a spunky and unflappable personality, she refuses to let herself be pushed around or bullied by the other fey around her. The princess is also quite well known for having a gentle and generous heart, a deep capacity for love and compassion.
History: Avelynn was born during a period of time when Titiana and Oberon were attempting to have a better marriage and like many couples, they thought a baby would fix everything and thus, procreated together. From that union came a beautiful baby girl whom would grow with her mother's golden beauty and her father's strength of will and wisdom.

The young princess grew up adored by her father, despite the turbulence with her mother and she in turn, adored her father in return. He taught her everything, how to safely wield and harness her own magic, how to behave as a crown princess ought to, how to handle the dangers of court and to avoid getting herself into trouble.

It devastated her... when her father vanished and her mother proclaimed his dead... it stung even more when her mother took that red haired unseelie as her new king. Avelynn like her father, did not completely trust Oren, there was something not right about him.
Her mother's behavior for one, was quite strange, her mother hated the unseelie and deeply resented Avelynn's Aunt Mab of whom she'd never met... so what would possess her mother to marry one? Avelynn just couldn't understand it.

The princess is determined to find the truth, one way or another.
Ons/Offs: On's and Off's

AmbrosiaPudding

I just want everyone to know that LamentingQuill had previously sent her profile to me for approval as we had already discussed her character.

I wanted everyone to see that Summer and Spring Seelie definitely have a place in this game.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

LamentingQuill

Hoping to find an unseelie prince or noble to pair with Avelynn, Carnage and I would share details of an idea we talked about if anyone should have interest in this particular role ^.^

Amarlo

Interested and brainstorming. I have decided to wait for a few characters to be submitted before creating one of my own so I can fill any needed holes. :) (Not giggity!)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

AmbrosiaPudding

Well if anyone needs help coming up with a character idea just message me I'll be glad to offer up some help.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

BlackStone

Interested, very much so.  I ned sleep to finish but the basic idea is Unseelie High Lord whom even Mab had been warry of and banished from court to curb his ambition.   I would not min him hooking up with a Seelie and between them they form the Court of Twilight with one another.  Arturius, also known as the Bloodmoon, High Lord of the Unseelie, Lord of Lust and Pain.  I do borrow much of my lore from Laural K Hamiltion's Princess Meredith series where the magic of the Sidhe was tied to their hands of power.   

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: BlackStone on January 01, 2018, 04:39:21 AM
Interested, very much so.  I ned sleep to finish but the basic idea is Unseelie High Lord whom even Mab had been warry of and banished from court to curb his ambition.   I would not min him hooking up with a Seelie and between them they form the Court of Twilight with one another.  Arturius, also known as the Bloodmoon, High Lord of the Unseelie, Lord of Lust and Pain.  I do borrow much of my lore from Laural K Hamiltion's Princess Meredith series where the magic of the Sidhe was tied to their hands of power.

I do have quite a bit of personal lore written up for things to be based off of. Though I don't wish to curb your desire to join the game but I am wary of a character that 'even Mab had been wary of' it has the potential to be an overpoweredesque character and that's not what I'd like to introduce.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

BlackStone

AmbrosiaPudding

Though if you want to play perhaps a solitary Seelie or Unseelie, who has pulled away from the court systems for whatever his reasons I wouldn't be against that.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Chasseybaby

Interested, gunna keep my eyes on this before I submit a character sheet though. Might go for an Autumn Fae in this ^^

TheHangedOne

I'm interested, will likely work on/finish a sheet tomorrow. I'm leaning towards Autumn Fae as well.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

TheHangedOne

Name: Catan Cearan (Cah-tan Key-air-ahn)
Sexuality: Heterosexual
Court: Unaligned, Autumn-born
Titania Supporter?: No?
Personality:The "Little Black Cat" (A translation of his pseudonym; his true name being a thing he keeps secreted away) lives up to his moniker in his cat-like personality. He can be aggressive and predatory when he wishes to be, and if he is so provoked, he often tortures and torments his victims (but rarely kills them).  Yet, he can also be quite affectionate, and is a handy craft-folk who enjoys good labor, and sweets. He is aloof and wary of trooping, as, in his own words, he's "Put that phase of my life behind me". Yet, he is quick to remind people that Autumn is a time of change, and "I am very much like my season". 
History: Catan separated from the court systems nearly forty years ago, as he was tired of the politics of it all, and became a solitary Fae who spent much time in the realm of mortals. One of the crafter/server types of Fae, he has most strongly been associated with the harvest time. He has a "green thumb" in both the literal sense of the word, and that most of his abilities work well towards nurturing (and even controlling) plant life. He accepted mortal offerings from the Cunning Folk and would aid them in their herb-craft, as well as the farmers when they needed an extra hand to bring in that harvest (a portion of which he always claimed for himself on top of the sacrificial offering of berries, nuts, cakes, cream, and the like).

Of course, he also made trouble for those who would blaspheme against his kind. He had to, as a matter of pride; even though he was no Redcap, he would lead the disrespectful on chases that would last an entire night before he faded away with the coming of the sun, often in the form of a gargantuan, black-furred cat (shape-changing is one of his abilities, though aside from the cosmetic effects of Glamour, the only other shape he can take is that of a pony sized cat).

He has enjoyed a rather solitary life, and had recently been falling into routine, which troubled him. As he was ruminating on this troublesome, bothersome same-ness and routine, he heard tale--from a friend who heard it from a friend--and decided he needed to put aside his mortal shenanigans and find out what in the hell is going on in the Otherworld. He is driven primarily by his curiosity, and a desire to do something different.

Even with his return to the Otherworld, he considers himself to be outside the system of the courts, though he was technically a member of the Autumn Court; both by birth and choice.
Ons/Offs: Here
Check out my poet tree!

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

TheHangedOne

I'm glad you approve. I'm quite fond of the Good Neighbors, so I'm really looking forward to this game.
Check out my poet tree!

LamentingQuill

More awesome fairies, bring them on in! More! More! ^.^

VioletPanda

Hi there! I've recently returned from a break from E to get my life together, and I wanted to express interest in this game if you were still accepting players. My day off is tomorrow and I'll likely send you a sheet or develop more of a concept after I sleep.  ;D
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

bubby

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

TheHangedOne

Quote from: bubby on January 10, 2018, 03:10:50 AM
*Peers in, ponders Winter*
Hey pretty lady.  ;) Join the Autumn court, we're the best, we have all the colors!
Check out my poet tree!

Rosaline

Will be contemplating an Autumn court character, if that is alright. Have a soft spot for the fae. ;)

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Rosaline on January 10, 2018, 09:05:36 PM
Will be contemplating an Autumn court character, if that is alright. Have a soft spot for the fae. ;)

Contrary to popular belief the Autumn court does not have more fun.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop