News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Doctor Who, Lost Memories: Wrath of the Ancient One

Started by Villain, January 06, 2013, 04:32:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Villain

He was called the Past Stealer. That was the alias that thirty five year old Elijah Meyer had used for years ever since he had gotten into the business of stealing from museums. It was a difficult job to excel at, most museums came with high grade security and the market for priceless antiques was a little more challenging than people expected. After all, who had the money to buy priceless things when they were priceless?

But Elijah didn't get into this line of work purely for the money. Most of the time it was for the thrill. It sent shivers down his spine when he plotted and planned how to get the recently discovered portrait of Marion Antoinette out of Musee du Louvre without triggering heat sensors, pressure pads, laser activated security systems and motion detectors, all whilst avoiding the security cameras. His career gave him more than just money, it gave him the adrenaline rush he needed.

However, today would be challenging, even for someone with his skills, for today the Past Stealer had been hired to steal something ridiculous from the British Museum; the newly discovered ancient Egyptian sarcophagus of the unknown king. A two ton coffin made of stone and gold, riddled with hieroglyphs and precious gems and containing a musty old bandaged corpse of some weirdo that had yet to be identified. The papers were still talking about how incredible the discovery had been. Apparently it been discovered not in Egypt, not hidden under layers of sand, but in an undersea cave off the coast of the British Isles.

It was a tall order, even for the Past Stealer, but he had a plan. A plan that had been going very smoothly that cold Thursday night in January. After taking time drugging the guards, deactivating the security system and erasing all traces of his presence, Elijah had reached the sarcophagus and begun looping chords around the solid tomb to help him lift it onto a cart, which he would then carefully wheel out of the Museum.

It had taken time and a lot of effort. At some points Elijah had thought that the job might have been more trouble than it was worth, but then he thought of the money that he had been offered. The number that had been waved in front of his face had so many zeros on the end of it that Elijah had almost fainted. When he thought of that number the task didn't seem so ridiculous.

As the final chord was attached Elijah stepped back and pulled on the ropes, hoisting his prize onto the cart with a grunt. He smiled through the thick balaclava that he wore over his face. Just a few more hours and it would be traveling across the country to meet his client and he would be a very rich man.

But as he began to wheel the object out of the room it had been kept in, an odd thought struck him. Was it his imagination... or did the sarcophagus feel a little light? It had been heavy, there was no doubt, but for some reason the ancient tomb did not feel as if it was carrying the extra weight of a rotten ancient mummy.

"Must be my imagination," he whispered to himself as he pushed the coffin along, but saying it had not reassured him. He could feel it in his gut that the sarcophagus was empty, yet he didn't understand how such a thing could be possible. The mummy had been the star attraction of London's British Museum for months, how on earth could it be missing? It wasn't as if it could just get up and walk about!

Elijahh felt his cart bump into something as he turned round a corner. He was now aware of two skeletal hands, wrapped in bandages, laying on the opposite end of the sarcophagus. He was no longer moving or more accurately was unable to move. His gaze slowly rose from the hands to meet the face of the figure that obstructed his journey. He looked into empty sockets that peered through the mass of grey rotting bandages that covered a dirty head.

Elijah tried to find words to describe the horror he was facing. He searched his brain for ways to express how terrifying and impossible what he saw was. Some sentence to put everything into perspective. To make sense of the nightmare.

"Mommy." was all he whimpered before the creature let out a shriek, reached out and did horrible things to him that made him beg for help. Which he would have probably gotten, if he hadn't knocked out the security guards. They would be sleeping fine tonight, despite the horrific cries that echoed through the lonely museum.

----

"Fake." the strange man remarked as he passed by one of the numerous glass cases that lay scattered around the British Museum. It was Friday and the museum was bustling with visitors. Children from school trips followed teachers in large groups and the odd band of tourists and students calmly marched from one exhibit to the next.

"Fake. Fake. Fake." he continued to say as he walked past a few pots that had survived the fires of pompei and portraits of long dead kings that lined the walls.

He was a handsome man, but his appearance and manner were earning a lot of stares. His hair was long blonde and wavy and his face was roughly shaven, making him look like some sort of surfer, but his outfit was a strange mix of a long blue anorak on top of a white buttoned shirt and trousers that had been rolled up below his knees. Around his neck he wore a bolo tie and on his feet were sandals, which were odd things for any sane person to wear casually.

"Miss labeled, that's from the 16th century, not the 18th" he muttered as he leaned over another relic, much to the annoyance of the old couple that were stood in front of him, who felt very uncomfortable about having some weirdo breathing down their necks.

"If you're going to keep looking about let me save you some time." He said to them before turning round and pointing to a few items in rapid succession. "Fake, fake, alien, fake, that's a portrait of a woman, not a man, fake and that dress didn't belong to Elizabeth the first it belonged to one of her fella's, the Duke of Anjou. He was funny like that."

Namorone

Tosh had been having a good day so far. His first day on the job and not one slip up yet. He was admittedly hesitant about taking a job as a history museum guide, seeing as he didn't know the difference between George Washington and George Washington Carver, but it was a great opportunity and he definitely needed the money. Anyway, the job wasn't as hard as he thought. Most people seemed more interested in "Seeing some culture," than learning about history. In fact, he found that people were rather eager just to rush through the museum and into the gift shop.

Just as Tosh was finally beginning to relax and maybe feel good about his future for a change, he spotted a strange man. The man wasn't hurting anybody, merely buzzing about the place making strange comments about the exhibits. Tosh actually quite enjoyed watching the man and found him endearing in an eccentric way, but as Tosh chuckled at the odd character's antics, a rather perturbed looking older man approached him.

"Could you please do something about that nuisance!" The man said, pointing at the unusual jester. "He is disrupting the peace."

Tosh honestly thought the man was just being uptight, but he didn't want to blow his first day on the job so he quietly agreed to do something about it. As Tosh approached the strange man, he sensed something more than just the charming playfulness that he had witnessed from afar; there was something heavy, something dark, something addictive to the man's movement, to his voice, his face. Tosh spoke.

"Excuse me sir. I hate to bother you... but what are you doing exactly?"
“A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.”
― Bill Watterson

Villain

"Who me?" the man asked as he turned to face the stranger, he flashed him a wide grin, his caramel colored eyes twinkled mischievous. "Well-" he reached out and took a hold of the young mans name tag and peered down at it "-Tosh, I'm not doing much. I'm just walking through this museum to see if its got anything on show that belongs to me. So far the only thing I've found is the bag of jelly babies that I hid in a suit of armor. Must have been a while ago because they've gotten hairy and now resemble little jelly yetis"

He let go of the strangers name tag and turned on the spot before pacing around in a circle in front of Tosh. His gaze didn't seem to relax as he looked around the museum, nor did it seem to take in anything of relevance. He didn't seem to be bothered about any of the exhibitions, instead he looked at the ceiling, the floors and walls. It was almost as if the exhibitions weren't important, as if he had seen them a thousand times before.

"Oh!" the man suddenly called out as his stare dropped to a glass case that sat in the further corner of the room, nestled between an old stone tablet and a set of spears. "How on earth did I miss you? Look at you, you beautiful thing!" he called out loudly before striding through the crowd of people, that nervously avoided him, fearing that the mad man could possibly be referring to one of them.

"Tosh, come over here! You're my new best friend, you have to see this!" the weirdo called back to him, earning Tosh a lot of awkward stares. When the man realised that he wasn't following him he whirled back to him and began beckoning for him to follow. "Come on Tosh! You'll love this, I swear. It's exactly the type of thing that you're interested in.... probably"

He didn't wait for Tosh to make a decision and instead continued his journey. When he reached the glass case he knelt down in front of it and stared loving at the artifact that it contained.

"Unbelievable, to think they had a Magnedon here," the man said lovingly to the object before him. It looked like a small metal statue of a lizard. It was an ugly thing with two gaping holes either side of its head that could have been its eyes (or eye sockets) but the man was staring at the thing like a long lost puppy.

"What a little cutie you are," the man cooed and made kissing noises at the statue. "Never thought I would see another Magnedon ever since they got killed off in the Thousand Year War, but look at you. Here in this museum... mistakenly labeled as an ancient Aztec statue of a crocodile. Silly humans, eh?"

Namorone

(I appreciated the jelly babies bit).

Tosh blushed as he realized more people had eyes on him than any of the exhibits. Maybe he shouldn't have talked to this man. Maybe he should just slowly walk away and pretend to look at a painting or something. But now Tosh was curious. The strange man effortlessly pulled at his intrigue and charmed him with what seemed like nonsense. Tosh sighed, pushed back his short black hair, and began to stride towards the man observing the Aztec statue. All eyes followed him.

"He's probably just some nut trying to tease me." Tosh thought as he walked.

"I mean, he has to be making that stuff up about Mognodom or whatever he called it."

"Yeah, I bet he's going to slap me on the back and say 'gotchya!' before running off somewhere."

"But there something about him. He's so..."

Half way through the thought, Tosh just about ran into the man, before stumbling to a halt. As Tosh looked up at the stranger, her realized how much taller he was than himself, but that wasn't too hard seeing as Tosh only stood at around five, four. The statue called him, not necessarily because Tosh cared about the statue, but because the man cared about the statue.

"W-what is it?"
“A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do.”
― Bill Watterson

Villain

(Can't do a Doctor Who post without mentioning the Jelly babies :D)

"Well, you know how this thing looks like a dead metal lizard with no eyes?" the man asked before pulling out a strange metal device with a glowing green bulb on the end of it and tapping it against the glass case. "Well a Magnedon is an alive metal lizard with big googly eyes. Its a creature native to the planet of Skaro. A nasty place, had a lot of bad trips there, but to its credit it is a very angry shade of red."

The man held the metal device to the case and pressed a button on its side. It began to make an odd whirring noise while he pointed it at the body of a Magnedon. "What we've got here Tosh is a dead Magnedon and a little bit of a problem. You see, dead Magnedon's are a power source, although not a very strong one it can still supply a decent amount of energy."

The man pocketed the device and stepped back. He looked troubled, the pleasantness had vanished from his eyes along with his cheery grin. "And this little guy has recently had its power drained... that's unsettling. Who on earth would break into a museum just to use the body of a dead alien animal to recharge something small?"

"Obsessive alien with low battery on their mobile phone?" The man suggested whilst circling the glass case. "Robot with a powered down thumb? Time traveler that needed his book light recharging because he was on the last few pages of Lord of the Rings? I can understand the need to do drastic things when you're reading Tolkien, but it still seems unlikely."

The man stopped in front of the Magnedon's case again and gazed at it thoughtfully before suddenly whirling on his feet towards Tosh and grabbing him by the shoulders. "There are no signs of break in, yet the Magnedon is drained of energy. This was opened with a key Tosh. If an alien corpse is drained of power in a museum and the alarms around this case haven't been triggered, what does that tell you?"

An awkward silence hung in the air for a moment before the man shook him by the shoulders, "Come on Tosh, you're now my new best friend. Prove that you're brilliant."

Namorone

Tosh's mind was buzzing with all of the information being thrown at it, causing him to almost forget that it was complete nonsense.

"Well obviously someone had to have had the key, but that's not what bothers me. When I took this job they gave me a layman's description of the security system. Apparently we use some sort of heat detection system that can even detect the amount of energy coming off the tip of a needle, or something crazy like that. So either the security systems were deactivated, or whoever opened the case had no body heat whatsoever."

Tosh finished talking and looked to the strange man with eyes begging for approval. Then he stopped and shook himself. What the hell was he doing?

"But no one has been in that case. How could it be possible? Where do you get off talking about aliens and stone alligators anyway? If there were any aliens I doubt any have ever set foot in this museum (heh) and if anyone did manage to get in the case, why didn't they just take the whole statue?"

A mixture of desperate intrigue and frustration was quickly filling Tosh at this point.

"Who are you anyway!?"
― Bill Watterson

Villain

"Tosh, you get a medal!" the man spoke with delight, his face lighting up. "I don't have one on me so take the Jelly Babies." he said before pulling out a paper bag from his pocket and pushing them into Tosh's hands. "Don't eat them, they taste disgusting," he said before putting his arm around his shoulders and walking him along.

"The reason why he didn't nick the statue is because there's no point. The culprit lives in museum. So why take it when you're not planning on going anywhere? You have access to a Magnedon and you're clever enough to avoid a security system and have zero body heat. So why ruin a good thing?" the man asked before turning Tosh down a corridor.

"But, this is far from a perfect life. Whatever lives here will want to move out eventually. And that's where I start to worry..." the man's voice trailed off before he drew to a halt. He stepped out in font of Tosh and glanced in every direction, as if checking to see if anyone was listening in on their conversation, a silly thing when they were standing in the middle of a crowded corridor.

"I need to know where you keep dead people Tosh and I need to know that now" the man said as he turned his attention back to the confused boy. "You see... I think there's something bad in this place Tosh. I think it's going to harm a lot of people. I need to stop that from happening because of a reason I'm not entirely sure I understand. It could be because I think its my duty or it could be because I'm nice or perhaps I'm doing it for the thrill and really want everyone to know how great I am."

The man stared hard into Tosh's eyes. Now he would be able to see how impossible they were. Old, yet young. Soft, yet intense. Calm, yet angry. Brave, yet scared. Happy, but so very very sad. "I'm the Doctor, Tosh." he spoke softly, "And as your new best friend you deserve to know that your wrong to doubt that any aliens have set foot in this museum."

Namorone

The words "I shouldn't be doing this," made their rounds through Tosh's head a few dozen times as he sighed and said "Follow me."

Tosh led the Doctor out of the crowded hallway and through an inconspicuous door far from any exhibits before going down a long flight of stairs.

"I was told that all of the 'once alive but no more' exhibits were moved to the basement recently. I asked why, but no one seemed to want to talk about it."

Tosh had only been to the basement once, which was a maze of archives and corridors, and had only briefly glanced at the door to the sarcophagus room, but the young man had a particular affinity for memorizing and finding his way around areas; he could look at a map just once and know his way around the most intricate of city streets, memorizing the street names as well. Sadly this wasn't an incredibly flashy talent so he had never made much use of it.

As they walked, Tosh pondered over those eyes. They were like looking into the night sky, but much more intense, like the stars were pulling you in so that they got so bright you might burst while the blackness surrounding them began to suffocate you. And that name; "The Doctor." Were it anybody else, he would've asked "doctor who?" but with this man, it somehow made sense.

"Here it is!" Tosh finally said as they approached the door. "But the room is locked and while I'm not sure, I wouldn't be surprised if it had a similar security system to the one upstairs."
― Bill Watterson

Villain

The Doctor heard Tosh, but he still reached out and wiggled the handle before knocking on it and then kicking it. He frowned at the door, unhappy with his lack of success.

"You're right. The door is locked. We can't go any further," he said before pulled out the strange metal device from earlier and pointing it at the door. The odd tool made an odd whirring noise until eventually the dull click of the door unlocking rang through the room. "Would you look at that, the doors is open, what an odd bit of luck!" the Doctor said cheerfully before pushing open the door - which then fell off its hinges with a crash. "Hmmm... I must have this on the wrong setting," the Doctor pondered and gazed at the odd tool before stepping over the door and into the room.

The room for keeping the deceased exhibitions was full dark and cool. Eerily illuminated in the dull light of the room were six bodies carefully laid out on large white tables or kept into thick glass cases. All of them were mummies, but each of them varied. Two of them were short and tightly bound in ancient bandages and ceremonial masks, two were barely wrapped and showed off grey rotten limbs while one was just a thin shriveled body with skin like old prunes.

The final body lay in style in comparison to the other corpses. The golden sarcophagus of the unknown mummy lay silently in the corner of the room. The eyes of the pharoah's mask stared at the ceiling above its head with an almost menacing expression.

The Doctor looked at each body for no more than half a second before striding over to the sarcophagus and, without pausing for a second, kicked the priceless ancient artifact.

Namorone

Tosh had stopped worrying about getting fired at this point. He had been worried whilst leading The Doctor to the museum basement,  he had been worried when the flamboyant eccentric had started making a ruckus beating on the storage room door, he had even been worried when The Doctor managed to thoroughly humiliate and incapacitate the said door using a device that was impossible by Tosh's understanding, but when the strange man approached and actually kicked an ancient artifact of magnificent value to the museum at which he was employed -a job he needed- Tosh lost hope of keeping any job, let alone this one.

So Tosh accepted it. His future was in the Doctor's insane hands. He hadn't been given much better odds most of his life.

"What did you do that for?"

(sorry that was a short post).
― Bill Watterson

Villain

"Because its not right" the Doctor replied, after a brief moment of hissing through gritted teeth and hoping on one leg from the pain that surged through his foot. His hands began to stroke the top of the ancient coffin, his finger tips tracing the hieroglyphic writing. "King Tut's sarcophagus weighed one point three six metric tons. This one weighs far more, and it's not for the right reasons. It gives the appearance of being made entirely from gold and stone, but it's not. It's made from something else."

The Doctor stepped back before holding his hand over the lid of the sarcophagus.,his stare was grim as he gazed down at it. "Do you feel that?" He asked. "That pressure? That odd force that seems to push everything away. Almost as if it's telling you not to touch. Dangerous things lurk within."

The Doctor traced his finger up the side of the coffin, his eyebrows raising a little as he ran his fingers over a bump in the gold. "Oh... now that is interesting," he said before feeling around the odd protrusion.

"Tosh you're about to do this museum a great service," the Doctor said, struggling a little as his fingers picked at a switch in its side. "You're about to help reveal this sarcophagus as a fraud and save everyone's time," he said before something clicked on the side of the tomb. A suddenn odd beeping sound began to emanate from the golden coffin. It's surface began to flicker, revealing an odd shape below it that was oval and dark.

"Because this isn't a sarcophagus," he said before stepping back as the golden face fell away completely, revealing a very large crystal that was buried in the face of the oval object. "It's a prison cell from space."

Namorone

Tosh half scoffed at the Doctor, not yet sure what to make of the man. He walked towards the so called prison cell and ran his hand just above the surface of it. There was something unsettling about it; something that made him feel sick to his stomach. "So are you going to tell me that the Egyptians were actually aliens sent to earth to influence humanity and that the pyramids were actually big satellites designed to communicate with other planets?" Tosh said through gritted teeth, trying to hide the nausea he felt from the sick object. "Or are you also going to let me know that Hitler, Elvis Presley, and John F Kennedy never really died and that they are at the head of some secret organization where Darth Vader is second in command?"

With that last burst of sarcasm, Tosh finally hunched over, leaning his body against the wall and showing the sickness he was feeling emanating from the sarcophagus. "I.. I'm sorry. What... what kind of prisoner would be put in a cell made to look like an ancient Egyptian coffin? What..." Tosh sat up and reached out towards the elaborate prison. The repulsion quickly turning to thirst. Tosh wanted to plunge his had inside, climb inside the sarcophagus and never leave. "What... what is this?"
― Bill Watterson

Villain

"Egyptians were aliens and pyramids were satellites? Tosh that's just silly," The Doctor spoke before reaching into his pocket and pulling out the sonic device he had opened the door with. "Their Gods and cats were the aliens. The pyramids were just their way of showing off." He pressed a button on the device and began to pass the green light of the machine over the device, leaving Tosh to have his break down.

When Tosh calmed down and began asking questions again, the Doctor turned his head and grinned at him. "Now you're asking the right questions," he said before tapping the top of the sarcophagus with one hand.

"This is what we call a Maroon Pod," the Doctor said, "No, it's not supposed to be maroon colored. This pod is a very silly way of punishing master criminals. They get herded into a pod, stripped of everything they own and then they blast them off to a primitive planet that usually contains their worst nightmares." The Doctor resumed running the light over the lid of the ancient box, his features fixed in concentration. "I heard the last time they did this they sent the villain to the world of Sigoris. He had a terrible fear of spiders so they sent him to a place where even the food is spider shaped."

The Doctor stopped scanning the pod and stared at the end of the sonic device curiously. "But this is odd... this pod possesses a chameleon circuit." he said with fascination. "It's a piece of technology that scans everything within a hundred miles and simulates a guise that makes it blend in. This one had locked it in the form of a sarcophagus, whoever built it must have thought the Earth would never change. Shows what they know."

"It's strange though... usually pods open when they're sent to their destination. This didn't," the Doctor gazed over the pod with a frown, a hint of concern in his golden eyes. "It was as if they wanted to keep it hidden rather than open it. What was so dangerous that they had to maroon it on a distant planet in order to forget about it?" The Doctor continued to stare at the pod for a moment, before a grin swept over his face and beamed at Tosh.

"Well, let's find out!" The Doctor cheered before plugging the device into the side of the pod. The crystal embedded on the lid of the pod began to glow before images began to shine a few inches above it in a strange language.

"Checking on board records," the Doctor announced as he watched the images play out. "According to this the prisoner was guilty of theft, murder, plots of world domination, parking tickets, littering..." The Doctor's voice trailed off as he flicked through the records. A look of bewilderment suddenly formed on his face.

"And this prisoner has no kidneys, no heart, no lungs, no internal organs and...no brain?" He asked with disbelief, before backing away from the pod and gazing at it in confusion. "That's incredible... the occupant of this pod had no insides at all. They were all surgically removed. He would have been dead from having so many vital parts removed. He was just a body in a box."

The Doctor lowered his head to the pod and pressed his ear against it's surface, his fingers tapping against the side of the oval container. "So why on earth would you need to have a pod? You're not a threat to anyone if your dead."

Namorone

(Sorry it's taken me forever. I've had a falling out with my health.)

Tosh blinked at the Doctor, dumbfounded by all of this. "M.. Maybe he... she... it was kind of like a drug mule. It wasn't so important what they took out, as much as what they put in." Tosh leaned over the sarcophagus and observed the fairly large interior. "But you said that it, whatever it is, is still in the museum, taking energy from Magnedons or something. You'd think someone would notice at some point." Tosh began to look around the room skeptically. "And you make this thing sound so dangerous. I haven't heard of anyone being hurt recently."

Just as Tosh uttered that last word, a blood curdling scream echoed down the halls. Tosh turned to the Doctor Wide eyed.
― Bill Watterson

Villain

ooc: No need to apologise  ;D

The Doctor had been working on getting the pod open while Tosh talked. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a few more strange tool. One was a silver object that slightly resembled a spanner, but the glowing red pods built into the side of it, the other looked like a simple swiss army knife, except when he pulled out one of the knives it turned out to be a jagged key shape. He set to work with the tools, the spanner cut into the pod with a strange red laser that formed between its points, whilst the pen knife-key edged around the slight groves in the pod and began to wedge the lid open.

Eventually the top came free and opened slowly with a mechanical clunk, just as a scream was heard echoing down the halls.

"I've got bad news Tosh. You're wrong again," the Doctor said with a frown as he looked over the contents of the pod. "Someone has been hurt quite recently."

Inside the sarcophagus, resting alongside multiple tools, was a body riddled with tiny holes and completely hollow. Everything that had once been inside the corpse, from his beating heart to his blood, had been taken out of him. It was almost like looking down at a mannequin, waxy flesh, empty on the inside and completely devoid of life.

"Oh... now that's interesting," the Doctor said before closing the lid. "That corpse is human, it can't be what they sent down to Earth. The killer just put the body inside the sarcophagus to dispose of the evidence. And now that I've seen it, I can tell what it killed this poor man with." The Doctor pocketed his tools before walking briskly out the room.

"Feel free to follow. I promise that what you next is going to be amazing," he called to Tosh as he walked out the room. Striding out into the halls with a smug grin on his face, bristly with confidence.

Then, exactly three seconds later, the Doctor walked back into the room with an alarmed expression on his.

"Tosh, more bad news. We're about to be eaten alive by a crocodile," he said and stepped back, just in time to avoid the snapping jaws of a gigantic green lizard the size of a horse. It let out a roar and snapped at the air with its enormous teeth. Just falling short of biting off their legs as it's giant head became stuck in the door way.

Namorone

Tosh, now thoroughly convinced that reality had left him, quickly inched around the edge of the room, avoiding the huge snapping head. As he reached the edge of the doorway, Tosh grabbed a hold of the open door and attempted to close it and push the monstrous creature out of the way. Sadly no progress was made; quite the contrary. The head began to slowly push through the doorway, increasing its progress every second. Tosh wasn't exactly in the mood to die, so he pushed harder even as the door began to bend; he did so more out of fear than bravery.

Tosh let out a cry of "Doctor!" with desperation in his voice.
― Bill Watterson

Villain

"I'm thinking! I'm thinking!" The Doctor yelled, clutching his head between his hands and shutting his eyes tight. "There's a crocodile trying to eat us. It's impossible for a crocodile to be inside the London Museum, especially one of this size, so it has to be a fake. When considering the small needle sized holes in the corpses skin this makes me suspect that microscopic organisms are at work. So what organisms are capable of creating living matter?"

"Unless..." the Doctor's voice trailed off before he grinned and reached into his pocket. "It's not living matter! Nanobots of course!" He exclaimed before pulling out the sonic screwdriver and pushing down on the button on the side. The device let out a whirr and the crocodile let out a screech of white noise. It's body began to shake as if an electric current were running through it, before it's head began to break apart and scatter over the floor. As each piece of it's body hit the ground it shattered into what appeared to be large lumps of silver sand. The Doctor let out a sigh of relief and wiped his head.

"Sonic EMP Pulse," the Doctor said with a chuckle. "Takes the charge out of the nanobots. Causes they to short out." He explained before pocketing the sonic screwdriver and smiling. "Just call me the Crocodile Hunter." He said before pausing and shaking his head. "No, no, don't call me that. I'm the Doctor. Call me the Doctor."