News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

You know what I'd like to work as? An extra...

Started by Beorning, July 31, 2013, 03:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beorning

Recently, as I was watching some sci-fi movie, I realized something: I wish I could be an extra in some of these films. It could be a fun to - sort of - live through some fantasies.

I mean, as an extra, I could finally walk the bridge of a space ship. I could meet some sexy alien babes! And I could wear an uniform and play at being a soldier...

Just think of The Avengers and the helicarrier scenes. The extras playing all these SHIELD agents surely had some good time...

Or all these people who played in Equilibrium. A few days' trip to a living dystopia! Cool  ;D

Unfortunately, they don't make sci-fi movies in my country...

Beguile's Mistress

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, has a media office that works with movie companies.  There are frequent ads for extras and small walk on parts.  Do they have anything like that in your country or someplace close you can travel to?  Even if it's not sci-fi it would be a kick to be in a movie that way.

Beorning

I guess I could try searching for ads for extras... but back here, the movie / TV industry isn't as big as in America. And the movies and TV series made are mostly those with modern settings. Being an extra in such a thing could be fun, too, I guess... but I'm already living a modern life. I'd like to experience something different  :-)

Sadly, the last time somebody tried making a sci-fi or fantasy movie here was years ago, when they tried making The Witcher movie. The results were... hilarious  ;D

Shjade

That does sound like it could be a fun way to spend a weekend or something. Though it would depend on the design of the project; being an extra in the newer Star Wars movies with their 99% CGI sets probably wasn't as cool as something that has more concrete settings, for instance.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Tsenta

There are a LOT of ads in the papers looking for movie extras and mystery shoppers, sad thing is most of them are scams just to get people's personal info. :/
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

alextaylor

It's not as good as it looks on tv. Up close, the starship bridge only shows clearly from one or two angles. Those alien babes look like latex, in fact, the other hot ones also look like latex under that thick makeup.

Want to live the dream? Be an engineering student in an ivy league university. You get to see and build translators for babies, design a control system for military exoskeletons, build and fly your own drone (in less than a week), hack into a site in an an hour, sneak confidential data through an actual military network, salvage scrap airplane parts to be used in the fastest solar car in the country. And you get to walk across actual awesome control rooms and fancy sci-fi like bridges. Ivy leaguers pride themselves on style. Of course, it's tiring, but hey.. loads of fun.
O/O

Cyrano Johnson

I was going to suggest angling for a job on the weirdest film project of all time, but it looks like they eventually did actually finish the shooting process. (It's now been in post-production for... close to two years.)
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Beorning

Quote from: alextaylor on August 01, 2013, 07:45:46 PM
It's not as good as it looks on tv. Up close, the starship bridge only shows clearly from one or two angles. Those alien babes look like latex, in fact, the other hot ones also look like latex under that thick makeup.

Yeah, I know. Still, at least the costumes are real!  ;D