News:

Main Menu

MMO Creation!

Started by Neryne, January 16, 2010, 09:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neryne

Alright Everyone, I need some assistance.
I am in need of Alpha testers, world developers and programmers.
Starting a MMO and would love if anyone could help out. This is open to anyone. Reply to post or send me a personal message.

Thanks!

-Neryne :o

Callie Del Noire

You don't want me.. I use a mac..(we're the outcasts of the MMO world.:D )

Neryne

Callie Del Noire

It's true! What do we got..

Eve Online (Good)
WoW (Also Good)
City of Heroes/Villians (okay)

Brandon

Well first thing to decide for MMOs is who your target audience is. Hard core large raiding type encounters are the most popular but PVP content tends to be the second most popular. A mix of those aspects makes for an excellent game
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Neryne

The PvP system is pretty much free PvP. Anyone can kill anyone, but you are flagged a murderer. If flagged a murderer or criminal, town guards will come after you in all but 2 of the towns, which don't have guards. There is a guild system, too, which you can have a chaos, order, or neutral guild.

Quests is something I am going to implement probably during the first stages of beta testing. I would like some developers to help me with that.

If anyone has played Ultima Online, it is based off of their graphics engine. The graphics aren't great by any means, but it's fun. It's more of a free MMO where you can do anything. A lot of the events are staff oriented.

I'm not really sure what else to say about it, so any more questions, just ask.

Brandon

well first thing I should point out is that games without controlled PVP ultimately fail at PVP. You want to have it so that its separated by levels/ranks/etc. Warhammer is a good example of how to handle PVP segregation through tiers, Open world PVP objectives, and scenarios (aka Battlegrounds). Unfortunately where warhammer failed was class balance IMO and that will be your biggest hurdle for PVP gameplay

Anyway, flagging someone as a murderer so they cant enter cities or settlements is not good gameplay design IMO because people get pissed when your first level and a 50 something guy comes by and one shots you, regardless of what consequences they have to endure afterwards.

I guess what Im trying to say is frustrating gameplay looses players and I consider free for all PVP (regardless of consequences for it) frustrating gameplay
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Callie Del Noire

It was that EXACT situation in UO that soured me on PVP.. a Grandmaster swordsman/poisoner ganked me..then taunted me EXACTLY 1 step over the line of the city.. so I got ganked for fighting back while HIS poison killed me.

Brandon

See I was a strict raiding player till WoW where I found out how enjoyable controlled PVP is. Then as class balance (or lack there of) got in the way of fun I gave up and moved to warhammer. Warhammer had a good (but not perfect) balance at the beginning and then things changed with each patch so that the imbalance grew to startling levels. So I quit and moved to Aion, and now Aion more or less has free for all PVP after 25. Seems like I just cant win when looking for a good PVP game

Oh and I am still a hardcore raider and could give even more advice regarding raid encounters

Since it'll probably be asked, heres my MMO resume

Everquest (Dawntreaders & Immortal wrath) for 5 years
WoW (Exalted & Death & taxes) for about 1.5 years?
City of heros/villains (Stryke force) for 4 or 5 months (and played off and on for years before that)
Warhammer (SMD) for about 1 year
Aion (Corvo Tempesta) since release

Kazyth

I'm an MMO junkie, so I'd be happy to beta a bit and see how it goes.  Questing is usually my fave thing, though I don't mind some good old fashioned Korean griding.

My MMO resume:

MUDs of various flavors
Ultima Online - 3 years.
Everquest - 4 years.
Dark Age of Camelot - 1 year
Lineage 2 - 1 year
Asheron's Call & Ashreon's Call 2 - about 6 months each.
Star Wars Galaxies - 6 months.
City of Heroes/Villians 3 years (on and off)
Warhammer 6 months.
Maple Story - 1 year.
Ragnarok Online - 1 year (total played over several bursts)

And a sprinkling of other free MMO's that I didn't stick with for long.

Forgot to add the biggy, for some reason.  WoW - 4 years on and off.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Neryne

Awesome Kazyth! I will send you a pm with more information.

Anymore, takers on this? I need more ^^ ;D ;D

DrFier

I'm always up for an alpha/beta test.

Also, what language are you using?
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

Chevalier des Poissons

Quote from: Neryne on January 17, 2010, 01:01:52 AM

As a player forged by the heat of the explosions of FPS games, I can help if you wish, even if I seek violence <3
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

Chris Brady

Quote from: Neryne on January 17, 2010, 01:01:52 AM

Hunh, Kaz is like...  My MMO Good Twin or something.   On top of being a beta tester for WoW in my case.  I'll give it a shot, if you're willing.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming