News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Gaming Graphics good enough?

Started by pianoman7117, August 08, 2010, 10:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pianoman7117

Heyy been a long time since I've posted here but whenever I get a techy problem that I just can't find anywhere, I usually ask it here because you guys are just that good :) I was thinking about getting COD: WAW (yeah I know its a little late..) for the PC because for one, I've always wanted to try a first person shooter on the computer ever since I got a better laptop earlier this spring. And I know my computers overall specs can handle it with 300 GB of memory and 4 GB of ram, that's obviously not a problem, the only thing that I am worried about is the gHz, and the game card needed. I'm planning on borrowing the game from my cousin first so it doesn't matter if it doesn't work, my main thing is can it damage my computer by trying to play a game that is too much for it? Unless I'm told that, I'm going to try it anyways because sometimes things just work that way with computers, but anyways, here are the spec requirements for the game:

Treyarch has released the list of system requirements for the PC-version of Call of Duty: World at War which is currently still in development. Even with a very old PC you should be able to play Activision’s new Call of Duty games without having too much trouble.

CPU: AMD 64 3200+/Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz
    RAM: 512MB (XP) / 1GB (VISTA)
    HDD: 8 Gigabyte
    GPU: 256MB Nvidia 6600GT/ATI Radeon 1600XT

And here are mine:

CPU: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
HDD: No idea? Well if I'm correct, HDD is information from the game that gets saved to the source, aka my computer so in other words I should be safe on this one because it just means I need 8 GB free on my hard drive to save the game to right?
GPU: No idea?

Oniya

GPU = Graphics Processing Unit.  My computer has a separate control panel  (under 'More Control Panel Options') for the 'Graphics Media Accelerator Driver', which has an 'Information' button that tells me the minimum and maximum amount of Graphics Memory.

Also, in your System Control Panel, there is a Device Manager, which should give you the chipset for your display adapter - that might take a bit more research to track down the actual specs, but try Googling that chipset.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

pianoman7117

okay thanks I googled around mine (mobile intel 4 series express chipset family) and from the looks of it mosts people saying its possible but it won't be a pleasant experience with the speed and all that but to me that's still worth a try, thanks again :)

Oniya

*nods*  I forgot to mention that it's not likely to cause any damage - it'll just run like molasses in midwinter.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Wolfy

O_o...why are they still developing a World at War Port when Black Ops is just around the corner?...O_o..That..makes no sense. o-o

Serephino

It won't do any damage short term anyway.  Taxing your system like that will cause it to burn up and wear out faster than it normally would.  I fried my processor a few weeks ago that way. 

Oniya

For my own tastes, I think the slow graphic response would probably have me either upgrading or moving onto another game before the system came near to frying.

Sel Nar

Quote from: Wolfy on August 08, 2010, 04:40:20 PM
O_o...why are they still developing a World at War Port when Black Ops is just around the corner?...O_o..That..makes no sense. o-o

Two Words: Nazi Zombies.

grayfoxz

hehe, love that part of the game :D
boom, headshot ;)