Deception: Murdered in Hong Kong Game Thread

Started by Galactic Druid, January 04, 2016, 10:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yugi006

It still has some relevance since it was given in the first place.

Strangefate

That change doesn't help too much.  Fishing is relaxing.  Likewise you relax when wearing a cosmetic mask I imagine.  So I still have the same two suspects pretty much.  I feel like the fact Dining wasn't picked, however, removes some suspicion from Cake and Red Wine.
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Assassini

Quote from: Verasaille on January 09, 2016, 07:36:27 PM
After going over all this I have to consider things you are all saying. I do not like to pass over Assassini because when the clue Smell was mentioned I thought of the rose , which could also be elegant. As a means of murder I still think blood loss can be internal, and so a baseball bat, or even the drill could cause blood loss in the right place. Water stain could be tears if someone was crying. Or dew from the woods at Dawn!

Relaxation seems to indicate someone taking a walk in the woods, maybe a tryst with a lover, who broke a heart and left a rose. (I think I have been listening to this song)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xnax0u03Ew

By the way Vera, you should be careful bolding things like that. Just so that there is no confusion between when you are actually voting and when you are just talking about them.

Right, I may have just done another mental U-turn because I now once again think this is most likely Yugi with the Ice Skates and Cosmetic Mask. I think TRPG might have messed up a little by using Dawn in the previous one. Either he somehow associated Dawn with the use of either the skates or the mask or he just thought nobody else would think it particularly relevant. However, the use of Relaxation in the most recent clue absolutely screams the Cosmetic Mask to me, because I don't think anything else fits quite as perfectly. Admittedly, I guess Relaxation might be to do with fishing, I just think I would've chosen a different one to try and implicate fishing... But then seeing as Strangefate still thinks it is Fishing then I guess I could be wrong here.

However, it IS worth remembering that we have 8 guesses here (I think, yes? One for each person?) minus the two for the murderer and the accomplice. I would, however, definitely vote for either Madame Professor and her Fish Hooks plus her Cake, and if that doesn't work then vote for Yugi, the Ice Skates and the Cosmetic Mask.

Also, here's another theory. I am absolutely certain that the fact TRPG chose Blood Loss over Severe Injury should mean that my Baseball bat ought to be excluded. Yet Vera keeps trying to point towards me. I think potentially she is the Accomplice (in which case she might be trying to prevent us from focusing on MP like we have been).

Thoughts one and all?

Verasaille

Since we are probably running out of time soon. I will go out on a limb here and formally accuse:

Assassini as the Murderer
the Drill as the weapon
and the rose as the evidence

There, one vote down. At least I will have a word in here before all of you think I did it. Which I did not, neither am I the accomplice. (crosses fingers)
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Verasaille on January 09, 2016, 09:29:39 PM
Since we are probably running out of time soon. I will go out on a limb here and formally accuse:

Assassini as the Murderer
the Drill as the weapon
and the rose as the evidence

There, one vote down. At least I will have a word in here before all of you think I did it. Which I did not, neither am I the accomplice. (crosses fingers)

You are incorrect! Your guess has been spent, but as a reminder, you are not eliminated. You are still free to discuss and play!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

yugi006

Relaxation does change things a bit and both ice skates and cosmetic mask go with it but they don't really scream Woods to me. There are other location boards and yet Woods was chosen. If he wanted you to guess these two another location would have been chosen.

The fact that Dawn came before Relaxation means that it was more important but we went down the wrong path which is why he covered it up.

There must be something we are missing here. We are all think the same things so perhaps we should take a closer look at everything.

Assassini

Quote from: yugi006 on January 09, 2016, 10:33:54 PM
Relaxation does change things a bit and both ice skates and cosmetic mask go with it but they don't really scream Woods to me. There are other location boards and yet Woods was chosen. If he wanted you to guess these two another location would have been chosen.

The fact that Dawn came before Relaxation means that it was more important but we went down the wrong path which is why he covered it up.

There must be something we are missing here. We are all think the same things so perhaps we should take a closer look at everything.

That is actually a very valid point. I mean, I can totally picture a frozen lake in a forest as an ideal ice-rink, but the cosmetic mask kind of throws that... Although, admittedly, the two are very unrelated anyway. Now I don't know what is on the other cards, but the Woods did seem to fit the fish hook thing. I stand by what I said though, I still maintain that if the Fish Hook + Cake combo does not work out, we do still need to TRY accusing Yugi.

Remember also Yugi, he saw the four evidence cards he had drawn at the beginning, but the "In Progress" card was one that he HAD to draw right there at the end and then HAD to cover up one of his previous pieces of evidence. Who knows, it might actually be even less relevant than the Time of Day card and TRPG is having to make do with a bad draw. So we can't really say whether Dawn was more important than Relaxation. All we can really say is that Water Stain, Smell and the Elegant clothing are all more important than Dawn.

yugi006

I thought he had all the clues to begin with but only the first 4 are given at the beginning then 2 more after that so we still have one more clue which will cover up something else.

Accusing me is a waste of a guess since I'm not the murderer but if you do accuse me and fail who would be next on the list?

Kythia

Quote from: yugi006 on January 09, 2016, 10:33:54 PM

Well, not necessarily, no. We've only had one guess. It's not that we've missed something per se, just that we haven't taken many shots at things.  I like you as....In fact:

J'accuse Yugi006 with the ice skates and the cosmetic mask

That ought to clear some stuff up, one way or the other.

Kythia

For reference, my logic is that it all fits bar woods and answers questions even if I'm wrong(you use a cosmetic mask overnight, so it would be taken off at dawn. Tenuous, maybe, but good enough for me)

BAMF

Sorry guys! I've been kinda off the last couple days & currently am attempting an all-nighter. So even more off. I just read through the two pages I missed & when I got to the end, I went, "Well, that was my guess," to Kythia's accusation. So we'll see how that pans out!
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Kythia

Quote from: BAMF on January 10, 2016, 09:57:12 AM
Sorry guys! I've been kinda off the last couple days & currently am attempting an all-nighter. So even more off. I just read through the two pages I missed & when I got to the end, I went, "Well, that was my guess," to Kythia's accusation. So we'll see how that pans out!

If it misses I'd be tempted to say tru the same but with blood letting instead of skates.

BAMF

Or the axe. My next vote would be MP & that damn fish hook. & ... something something evidence.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Galactic Druid

Quote from: Kythia on January 10, 2016, 09:17:35 AM
Well, not necessarily, no. We've only had one guess. It's not that we've missed something per se, just that we haven't taken many shots at things.  I like you as....In fact:

Incorrect.

In future games, I think I'll use the first post to keep track of who has used their guesses, as well as the currect clues given.

Verasaille

Oh? Are you going to say if we got anything correct? Or do we have to keep guessing the whole thing?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Galactic Druid

Like I said in the rules, you're either completely correct or incorrect. If i told you guys you were halfway there, it would be WAY too easy with this many guesses.

yugi006

But the fact that Guy had to cover up something means we are heading in the wrong direction. He wouldn't need to do that if we were going in the right direction.

Quote from: Kythia on January 10, 2016, 09:21:03 AM
For reference, my logic is that it all fits bar woods and answers questions even if I'm wrong(you use a cosmetic mask overnight, so it would be taken off at dawn. Tenuous, maybe, but good enough for me)

Even if that is true it's not something you find at the Woods. Same with the skates.

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on January 10, 2016, 12:21:41 PM
Incorrect.

In future games, I think I'll use the first post to keep track of who has used their guesses, as well as the currect clues given.

Told you so.

I'm thinking MP as the murderer but the evidence doesn't make sense.

Madame Professor

I had been thinking Assassini's Drill/Rose was looking really nice for the crime, but Vera's guess squishes that one out of the running. I had been thinking maybe he and Remi were Murderer/accomplice duo but... That doesn't seem to fit anymore.

Yugi still has the Axe and Blood Letting, and Cosmetic Mask (Spa) screams relaxation to me...
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

yugi006

We still have one more clue left that can cover up another clue.

You are free to guess that but you'd be wasting a vote.

Remiel

That wasn't a bad guess, and probably one of my top three.  Still, I would have waited to see what the last clue was.

Assassini

Quote from: yugi006 on January 10, 2016, 02:30:41 PM
We still have one more clue left that can cover up another clue.

You are free to guess that but you'd be wasting a vote.
Actually, as I understand it, TRPG will have drawn another card but this time it's his choice whether to play it or not. So if it's something less relevant than the information we already have then he won't play it. (Of course I'd like it if TRPG could back me up that this is how the mechanics work).

Also, the voting going on has convinced me to go for it.

I accuse Madame Professor with the Fish Hook and the Cake.

EDIT; My bad, meant to hit quote.

Remiel

Okay, so, by covering up the Time of Day clue, I feel like RPG was trying to tell us (particularly me) that I was on the wrong track with the Antique.  So, going back to my previous deductions, that leaves us with:

Yugi006
Method: Axe or blood release
Evidence: Cosmetic Mask

Remiel
Method: Machinery
Evidence: Red Wine

Madame Professor
Method: fish hook
Evidence: Cake, bracelet, or watch

James Moriarty
Method: stone or machete
Evidence: tissue

Now, to me, "Relaxation" screams  Cosmetic Mask.   Nothing else makes sense.  If it was the tissue or the cake, RPG would have said "Dining".   The argument can be made that Red Wine could apply equally to Relaxation or Dining. 

If the method of murder was Blood Release, then "Loss of Blood" would have been a slam dunk and perhaps the only clue that RPG would feel it necessary to give.  The other clues -- Woods, Water Stain, Smell, Elegant, Relaxation -- would all apply to the evidence, namely the Cosmetic Mask...except for the Woods.   If Yugi006, Blood Release, Cosmetic Mask was the answer, I have no earthly idea why he would pick the Woods as his very first clue.

At this point, I would have to say that Remiel, Machinery, Red Wine would be my #1 contender -- except that, of course, I know I'm not the murderer.

Remiel

After sifting out the impossible and considering the evidence, here is what I am left with:

Yugi006, Axe, Cosmetic mask   or  Madame Professor, Fish hook, Bracelet

These are my only two candidates at this point.  And it certainly doesn't help that both yugi and MP have both been acting shady as hell.

I eagerly await RPG's final clue.

Strangefate

yugi with the Axe and Cosmetic Mask does not fit with Water Stains or Smell in my opinion.  I'm awaiting RPGuy's call on Assassini's accusation as well as the final clue.  I feel yugi is mostly off the hook as the actual murderer though, while my suspicion of Remiel has increased somewhat, making Madame Professor with the Fish Hook and Bracelet, and Remiel with Machinery and Umbrella my prime suspects now.   
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Kythia

Quote from: Remiel link=topic=242231.msg11975629#msg11975629If Yugi006, Blood Release, Cosmetic Mask was the answer, I have no earthly idea why he would pick the Woods as his very first clue

See, my thing is "what else would he pick? What suits the cosmetic mask better? I think, if I had to pick one of those, it might be the one I picked.  Woodland spa resort and all. No need to cover it as it wasnt overly drawing attention away from Yugi006 unlike dawn.