Dark Fantasy RP

Started by Sabriel, May 24, 2010, 04:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krayz

Damn, I'm like second-last in the pecking order xD

I can still push Archon around, lol.

So, did you come up with that list yourself, Sabriel, or find it somewhere? It's very good :D

Cardwolf

That depends on how much Archon is valued :D

Krayz

True, but in the official pecking order, my dude's as high up as a male can get =D

Which isn't saying much, because he's still in the bottom two-thirds xD

Cardwolf

Glad, I'm a shadow stalker then...yay for rape lol

elfguy

I think Pamine will have enough time off to take care of some of the males, should she sense they require a strong womanly hand on their manhood ;)
----

Krayz

I think that I'm actually going to have Akai'zhar as an outsider, something of a random associate. I think it'd be more interesting to have him as an ally, rather than a member, of House Melani.

elfguy

Any info on when the IC would start for this?
----

Sabriel

OK I must apologise for my lack of a swifter response to peoples posts but well I am to my own fault a bit put off and kinda miffed about certain words when combined.  Anyway I apologise for my slowness to respond and any confusion since there seams to be a bit of that.

On that topic I am not entirely sure what a "Shadow Stalker" is I am very familiar with lots of terms in the perview of FRP and well I know loads of "Shadow somethings" and a few "Something Stalkers" but I can't for the life of me remember anything called a "Shadow Stalker". I can sort of imagine what it might be however, anyway as for the Rape well yeah that is something that happens in Drow society although well id warn if you practiced it regularly on any actual Drow Females you might end up finding yourself being raped by a Servant of Lolth, dead or perhaps even a far worse fate.       

OK as for the confusion I think some of you have perhaps got the wrong idea as to what I am looking for or just failed to notice a rather crucial part of the opening of my first post, maybe I just did not make it clear enough I am sorry for that and any confusion due to it.

QuoteHello readers

I am looking for two things people to join in a story and well someone to sort of oversee the story as it where. So I won't be going into a massive amount of detail here as to a sort of setting or such since well that can be negotiated based upon interest and whatever would work best.

So when this will start is really up in the air at present as well I personally am not going to be running it, since well I want to play out a character myself and well I never do both.  As it says at the top of my thread this is a work in progress I am not in a rush to start either I want this to be a well thought out and long running story centered around a group of Drow and perhaps there allies. This is well one of the reasons I was a bit supprised as to Krayz comments and well the fact he gave up on his own idea to join this one. 

It also worth mentioning encase it was not clear in my original post that well although this is a custom world that id hope as a group we would be fleshing out, it may also be using system rules.

I hope that clears up a few things and well again I apologise for any confusion I do love the concepts and characters everyone has posted thus far.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest join this game once it starts or is run by someone...(if no one seems pick it up I may be tempted run it with by 3.5 DnD rules but also run my own char which is part of the house)...anycase my char below;

Name: Danaver Mel'thiir

House: Melani

Sexuality: Straight

Profession (Role): House weapon master, a retainer (not part of house bloodline in anyway or fashion, just mercenary who got lucky)

Equipment: Pair of magical bracers, piwawfi cloak and boots and Steelviper, his short sword which is also his weapon of choice.

Ons: No questions asked and no-attachment rough passionate sex

Offs: Anything relating to bio matter which belongs to toilet

Bio: Everyone knows who is Danaver, but no one knows who Danaver was before he became house weapon master. Earliest reports and stories tell during the house's fall the house went so low as they went and recruited lowest thugs as house guards to cover losses from house loyal ranked guards. Anycase there was serious attempt wipe the house back then and then single man stood against horde of slaves which attempted break through the third and last gate before inner sanctums of the household.....and that man was Danaver Mel'thiir, a non-noble mercenary scum which no one expected achieve anything great by glance. He looked barely old enough hold his short sword and everyone thought him to be fool as he fought topless and wearing just leather pants, piwawfi boots and cloak and silly mad grin on his face!

But unexpected happened, a event which some (lust struck) Lolth priestess have said to been miracle which saved house Melani. Danaver single handledly defeated the slave strike force, drow militia which followed and then elite heavy halberd and armored drow soldiers which were send when slaves and normal other house militia failed and then even house mages entered to deal with him.....all died in narrow hallway which led to the doors which remained closed for inner sanctum.

Danaver as mages showed by scrying screen; fought like viper of shadow. He charges foe but with blink disappears and appears behind enemy lines, his foes bursting on flames and bleeding from unseen attacks. The with blink of shadow disappear and have appeared other location in battle field, madly run from shadows cut down key lieutenants and disappear before anyone could react. His laugther taunting foes into frustration and doing mistakes.

It took week of house slaves clean the sticky blood from floors and walls after the events, and also house matron recognized the prowess of Danaver and elected without hesitation him as house weaponmaster. Consider her practices she did not take him as patron as most matron mothers would had done so Danaver has been 'free to be picked up by any of the matron's daugthers for 'breeding purposes' for past century. Of course curiosity has been shown to Danaver's background but little has been found. But it has been found he has for sure received special training in martial arts to get his skills finessed so high caliber and many of his combat tricks use shadow, flame or keen insight beyond of any normal training.

Personality: Danaver is confident man who enjoys combat with passion, receiving thrill and pleasure like most men would take from sex. Of course as with sex he is very angry or disappointed if his partner is not good or the act is far too short for his liking. Danaver teaches house soldiers for swift combat maneuvers while using small blades like daggers, rapiers, short swords or exotic acrobatic use of spiked chain. But none soldiers have shown what he calls 'true talent to learn things what I truly would desire to teach'.

Danaver has no house rank beyond his status as weapon master and as Pamine is general that position is also covered. So truth said Danaver has no duties besides run and teach house males how hold weapon and what time he spends entertaining one of the daugthers. Also it's said he occassionally runs off from house few days and return, in all matron mother's command. Most likely matron uses him as assassin consider his skills in combat and stealth.

Danaver, altough combat thrill seeker, enjoys sex as any male does. He does not desire but nor he rebels when woman controls things. But his only peculiar quirk is that 'both participants must enjoy it so much they forget who they are and where they are'. So he enjoys spontaneous unexpected rough sex.

Krayz

Still looking for a GM, I believe.

RubySlippers

Name: Sylathra

House: Melani

Sexuality: Lesbian, but pretty much does whatever she is told to do by a superior in other words anyone not a worker or slave

Profession (Role): House Servant

Equipment: Nice house servants dresses that show off her beauty nicely, silver holy symbol of Lolth, silver bracelet with family crest showing she is not a slave of the household but a free drow in service to the house, dagger (used more as a tool than a weapon), some modest personal effects, magic chastity belt (matron has the only key).

Ons: Lesbian sex, bondage, dark sex rites involving demons or other things, toilet play and such.

Offs: Getting permanently disfigured or limbs cut off.

Bio: Born in the household to a low ranking drow family of servants serving for many generations the house. Its not a bad thing serving in a respectable house with respectful dutyis itself of some value. She was raised to be a top notch house servant her specialties are tending a great lady in her private matters, massage, basic medical training (nursing) and keeping her mouth shut on what goes on. Naturally being of the lowest rank in the House well maybe over slaves proper by a margin her few privileges are up to the household but she is utterly loyal, very beautiful and fit with a perfectly happy being ordered around. Very important traits in a servant. She is still a virgin.

Sabriel

Quote from: Krayz on June 07, 2010, 01:22:51 PM
Still looking for a GM, I believe.

Yes although I am also considering other options.

I see a few issues with Danaver Mel'thiir's bio

QuoteEarliest reports and stories tell during the house's fall the house went so low as they went and recruited lowest thugs as house guards to cover losses from house loyal ranked guards. Anycase there was serious attempt wipe the house back then and then single man stood against horde of slaves which attempted break through the third and last gate before inner sanctums of the household.....and that man was Danaver Mel'thiir, a non-noble mercenary scum which no one expected achieve anything great by glance. He looked barely old enough hold his short sword and everyone thought him to be fool as he fought topless and wearing just leather pants, piwawfi boots and cloak and silly mad grin on his face!

Perhaps the info in my original post is not clear enough but well House Melani was never under any serious threat, there was never any direct attack on the House. It would not need to hire thugs and such either since it is one of the largest and well connected Houses, it has its own slaves and thugs as well as other weirder allies and army like forces. Which is hinted at in my original post although not detailed hehe. Perhaps you confused the Houses fall from favour actually thinking it was an actual wish to destroy or such, there is a very big difference between standing in Drow society/city structure and well Houses wanting to actually destroy each other.   

QuoteBut unexpected happened, a event which some (lust struck) Lolth priestess have said to been miracle which saved house Melani. Danaver single handed defeated the slave strike force, drow militia which followed and then elite heavy halberd and armored drow soldiers which were send when slaves and normal other house militia failed and then even house mages entered to deal with him.....all died in narrow hallway which led to the doors which remained closed for inner sanctum.

Umm yeah again not sure where you have got the idea that the House ever needed saving but yeah not likely specially in such a manner as this.

Other than that it looks like an intresting character if a bit sort of "Exalted" for my personal tastes when it comes to D&D based stuff.

Sylathra looks like a neat Character, I am assuming she is a Drow I did not see it mentioned anywhere that she was but neither that she was not.  If she is a Drow however then she would never be of the lowest rank as there is always something or someone beneath you then, usually a male or a Kobold etc  ;D

Zaer Darkwail

Well, weaponmaster needs to be 'expectional' to qualify as such so far as I know. Expectional skilled in swordcraft (and be popular choice for 'breeding' sessions by daugthers and what not).

But I intent my char be 'outsider' from the house and I find in drow culture a very little no reason for house electing a outsider into weaponmaster if he did not do some serious favor to house (and have skills to be one). So suggestions for background ideas?

RubySlippers

Yesa drow from a family that has served this house for centuries, always in servitor roles in the main with likely an odd warrior if they had the talent. Nothing wrong with that its still better than off than a non-drow slave.

Anyway a servant should be easy she does what she is told, likely whatever the matron says and assigns her to do and be loyal.

Sabriel

I did not actually mean to suggest there was a problem with you being the Weapon master Zaer, that postion is very open for a player. Although it would make more sense that it was someone from House Melani since they don't really need to look elsewhere to recruit such, its not impossible that the Weapon master would be originally not part of the House however and I have no issue with this. 

As for being a popular choice for breeding sessions, well again that's not something I was trying to get at I have no issue with that :P Although I would add you don't want to be to much of a popular choice for the Matron Mother since she apparently does terrible things to those she chooses  ::) 

All I was trying to point out in your BIO was that well it sort of contradicts the actual situation and history so far, the House would never come down to one person saving it specially not on there own, It has never been in a postion of nearly being destroyed its postion in the city has slipped but it has not actually lost any strength or influence other than in the social power structure. This is more a political and intrigue based thing than war like attacks and such on the House. There where wars but they where not against House Melani although it was involved heavily with them, they are just considered to be reasons for the Houses fall in favour and other Houses have taken the Houses seaming weakness and diverted attention to step up in society.

I hope I sort of cleared that up, as for suggestions well your idea is OK really just perhaps need to make it fit better with the scenario and well tone down the importance a bit.  I.E not saving a whole House by yourself, perhaps something a bit more grounded in fantasy-reality. For example you could have been a prominent contestant in the Drow arenas perhaps House Melani even choose you and bought your loyalty to them by sparing you from some dark fate. Maybe you where a captured victim of the Illithids but the House bartered for your return when they recognised talent in you.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, ok. I will redo the BIO background then. Also so far as I understood matron mother is not much interested for 'drow males' as companions I presume :P. That's why I pressed the daugthers have picked him up on occassion.

RubySlippers

No on else wants to be a servant?  ;)

Krayz

In a word, no. :P

That being said, anyone who isn't the Matron is, to one degree or another, a servant.

RubySlippers

I'm not complaining as a non-slave Drow that is a female she still is likely not at the bottom proper, she is not a slave. And she has no real responsibilities.

Krayz

Just teasing Ruby, lol.

My dude's a servant of sorts, and hates it more than anything xD

RubySlippers

Opposite of my character she loves her role she serves an important Drow House in herway helping the destiny of her race superior to the rankand file elves, has work she tends to like so far and lives a decent life. Sure she is bottom of the chain of command but she has fewer things to worry about like assassines, backstabbing relations and having to run things.

Krayz

So, I posted a topic simply looking for people interested in a Drow RP, whether they'd play here or in a game run by me, etc.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71759.0

Just post in there, please: so everyone who's interested is listed down in one place ^_^

Sabriel

-Work in Progress-

Orbben V'dre

Orbben V'dre Is located in a vast cavern deep in the depths of the Underdark, within this dark home the Drow make there home.  The city is well placed for both defence and resources the surroundings be both rich in materials for both wealth and the support of life.  It is not without its risks however as many dangerous creatures lurk outside the cities walls as well as above and bellow. Vast stalactites and stalagmites protrude within the cavern and many are carved and filled with tunnels and passages leading to above or bellow.  Volcanic seams and vents provide warmth, steam and danger, but without them the Drow would have to rely solely on there magic's to provide warmth. Orbben V'dre itself is surrounded by a wall and split by a vast lake, within the lake several structures exist as well as the home to House Melani. The Other Houses of Orbben V'dre are dotted around city.  Orbben V'dre is lit mostly by strange glowing rocks the lack itself is lit up by great obelisks which shed an eerie purplish light. These strange glowing rocks are not uncommon in the cavern itself and are not limited to one shade of light several variates exist, as do bizarre fungi. Obviously the main population of Orbben V'dre is the Drow although they are not the only ones to live within the city several outsiders and allies of the Drow also call the city there home, Orbben V'dre is of course home to a vast degree of lesser slave races also, although many of these are forced to live in special areas outside the city.