My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Started by Kunoichi, April 10, 2011, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Quote from: Wolfy on March 05, 2012, 06:58:27 AM
So.......FxF pony relationships?

This show really is progressive. <3

Well, it's nothing official at this point, but it was pretty pleasing to fans of the show...

Quote from: Wolfy on March 05, 2012, 06:58:27 AM
@_@ If you didn't believe in saving Derpy..you will now.

Derpy was actually in the episode, too.  And as a further nod to the fans, her bag had a muffin-shaped clasp on it. ;D

Sabby

That's actually how I hear Pinkie all the time. She comes off as Chris Tucker in the Rush Hour movies, just this annoying set of useless dialogue jammed into the plot, and you could completely remove it and the story would make complete sense.

But thats just my admittedly limited impression from being forced to watch a few episodes xD I did lol pretty hard when she was chasing confetti.

ABagOVicodin

I think there is more to Pinkie Pie then you give her credit for. Honestly, a character like her is extremely fantastic since she is always excited about everything, always happy and always eager to help. I will agree that PP is not the most important, but she isnt Chris Tucker. She has internal strifes and desires with the same sensitivity about her talent and character depth as any of the other ponies. I envy her, because Pinkie tries her best to make everyone happy, which is not only a harder goal then any of the other goals of the mane six, but nearly unobtainable.

Sabby

I did specify it's my 'limited experience', meaning each time I've seen her she's been a useless distraction :P I've seen maybe 6 episodes in no real order and I've seen enough random clips to know she gets some development at some point. It also doesn't help that forcing cheer makes me be angry just to spite people xD if someone like PP started bopping around me trying to get me to SMILE SMILE SMILE she'd end up making me worse, haha.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Have you seen the episode Party of One, Sabby?  It's got a not-so-cheerful Pinkie in it, which I think you might find significantly less annoying...

Alysanthia

Sabby

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 06, 2012, 04:57:27 PM
Hmm.  Have you seen the episode Party of One, Sabby?  It's got a not-so-cheerful Pinkie in it, which I think you might find significantly less annoying...

I assume that's the one all the pics and clips I referred to come from. She has a hair malfunction and this gives her manic depression, right? I'm stalling on that one, because I'd probably become an insane hermit as well if my hair went limp...

GumDrop

I love the show, it surprised me how much effort they seemed to put it in. One of my friends told me to watch it multiple times so I tried it out, I love it. So cute.

I don't like the cutie crusaders.. THEY ANNOY THE HELLZ OUTTA ME!

Kunoichi

Quote from: Sabby on March 06, 2012, 07:39:44 PM
I assume that's the one all the pics and clips I referred to come from. She has a hair malfunction and this gives her manic depression, right? I'm stalling on that one, because I'd probably become an insane hermit as well if my hair went limp...

The hair is more of a symptom than the cause, but yes, something like that.  Basically, Pinkie's friends start acting strangely and avoiding her one day, and she doesn't take it well at all...

ulthakptah

Quote from: Sabby on March 06, 2012, 07:39:44 PM
Oh no. My friends don't like my parties, and they don't want to be my friends anymore.

Kunoichi

Sabby

Saffy is making me a lil Burstfire for huggings ^^

Also, I know everyones seen those pictures of the girls cosplaying as Ponies, but... is there the same thing with twinks? o.O I really wanna see that...

Callie Del Noire

Game of Ponies

seriously.. is there a series or game they won't ponyfy?

Oniya

I could come up with a couple of challenging ones... but now I'm afraid of discovering/starting a new Internet Rule.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on March 12, 2012, 12:46:07 PM
I could come up with a couple of challenging ones... but now I'm afraid of discovering/starting a new Internet Rule.

Looking at the Youtube segment I found that one on.. I have found... No country for old men, V for Vendetta, The Matrix, Batman Returns, Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Pirates of the Caribbean and Watchmen.

Wolfy

Alysanthia

Wolfy

Mines also longer..and in four parts..and newer..I think....:D xD

Alysanthia

I just wanna see Pinkie Pie have a bunch of party themed special attacks. x3

I went to McDonald's today all happy and in a good mood. Pull up and see they hadn't changed the happy meal sign, so I figured I'd ask if they had the MLP toys...

They said no.

.__.

midwestgal

For whatever reason, the husband and I never got into the MLP phenomena until probably towards the end of the first season. Deity love whoever invented the DVR. We had 20+ episodes of goodness to catch up on. A particular favorite is Dog and Pony Show, just for Rarity's whining. One of my best guy friends is completely and totally in love with her. So much so that it has been suggested he marry her and I've been told it wouldn't be allowed.

I did manage to make his day today by texting him this pic of the toy from the Happy Meal:

with the text, "Rarity says to get better, dahling."

Don't ask how old I am; even I don't know anymore. :D

Quote from: Alysanthia on March 12, 2012, 08:03:11 PM

I went to McDonald's today all happy and in a good mood. Pull up and see they hadn't changed the happy meal sign, so I figured I'd ask if they had the MLP toys...

They said no.

.__.

Boo to your McDonalds. I should get the Transformers one the next time I go for the husband. :D
"He cannot be a part of me. Batman does not eat nachos!" - Batman, The Brave and The Bold

Kunoichi

They said no.

.__.

Was it a busy time of day?  I've heard that people tend to have better luck during the slower hours.

Alysanthia

Yeah it was after the lunch rush and school rush. They are still giving out the Build-A-Bears I guess until they run out. :\

Kane Gunlock

I have seen MIL clips and really I'm not really into it one way or the other I'm mean I guess its clever and I cetainly don't hate it but at the same time I can't see why so many in my age group obsess over it

Sephiriel

They said no.

.__.

That's why I went to McDonalds on the first day Pinkie Pie was "announced" on the Happy Meal and stood in line with a bunch of kids who were more patient to get her than I was. I didn't get her then,just a couple of days later, but now it's standing on my PC  ;D   

Numerion

Ponies on E - my life is complete.

Anyway, Pinkie is the best pony because CUPCAKES
Current status: looking for play -> A/A