Aliens RP(EX-MUL)

Started by KunoichiRogue5, January 24, 2010, 11:00:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KunoichiRogue5

We have a profile page: Here Please PM me before you post anything there, but we're always looking for people that want to have fun.

I've been watching Aliens way too much and sadly my friends have been playing AVP a lot around me. So I have an unstopable urge to play.

Backstory:
The Colony on P3X525 is a high tech facility specializing in weaponry. There are over 3,000 individuals on planet. Most of them are family members for the scientists on planet, though there are marines. One of the top secret programs involves the research of Xenomorphology(study of aliens). A lover's spat in the labs wreaks havoc on the colony and several of them are released. Among these is the new Queen.

I'm looking for marines, scientists and civilians.

Character Sheet:

Image(if you want)
Name:
Specialty: Select 1 thing you are good with. I.E. Small Arms, Rifles, Electronics, Biology, etc.
Special Item: Select one thing you'd like here. I.E. A hacing device, non-standard marine equipment, etc.
Equipment: Post what you'd like.
History: A brief history of your character

Any takers?

We will be having all sorts of sexual situations, and different things. This will not be for the weak of heart. Though I'm not above toning it down in places. If you have something you want to happen to your character(s) PM me.
"You will obey the darkness, and aid your new master."
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Odin

Errmmm... Plot?

They have to blow up the station? Escape? Kill them all?

KunoichiRogue5

That, ultimately, I leave up to the players. They can try to contain the crisis, blow the place up, or make their escape. If people are interested I will add more information all you have to do is ask.

Plot: There's an outbreak of Xenomorphs.
Objective: well survival is the main objective.

It all depends on what the players do. The game itself would start a few days before the outbreak. If nobody calls for help them Marines wont come and there wont be an evac coming. If they do then an ETA would be given.
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Odin

I See...

3000 people, several aliens? Hmmm... Okay... Well, I'm interested, but will need more info.

KunoichiRogue5

Three thousand people yes. It's a huge colony. Unlike the planet in Aliens this one has already been terraformed. You can go outside and breath just fine. But so can many other things. These are huge labs. Very few people on the planet actually know about the Xenomorphs and the fact that several scientists are breeding them in one of the labs.

Only the Xenobiologists on with a particular clearance level know they exist. Only the head scientist knows exactly how many there are.

Ask any questions you have if you're interested.
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Odin

Do you intend to change the Aliens specifically for this roleplay?

Is there a safeguard bomb? One that would annihilate the planet?

Are the marines aware of the aliens? If so, have they been giving good training?

Have the scientists and civilians received combat training?

How well armed is the base?

How far away is help?

Do you into to put up a layout of the base?

Are there safe rooms? If so, is there also escape pods?

How long has the base been established?

Are you playing the GM? If yes, how many games have you managed?

How many players are you looking for to start?

Is there a set group? That the group begins with, or meet up?

Are there any other dangers in the base?

Will you be fine with people joining mid way?

Are you okay with cross-gender playing? Guys playing girls, girls playing guys?

... Well, you told me to.

KunoichiRogue5

lol

In order:

Yes, I intend to have had them genetically altered for this particular game. I wont go into specifics because that's part of the fun, solving the mystery.

The marines are aware of the hazards that the scientists are working on but not of the Xenomorph project.  They have all been given the standard marine training, though there are a few that have survived bug hunts.

The scientists and Civilians have not received combat training as a rule. Character wise, that's up to the player, but no most of them wont be very proficient with an improvised or actual weapon. Give a pulse rifle to the wrong person and they might just fall on their ass as they fire. On the other hand a player may have a predator weapon they earned in combat on another planet. So I guess the answer is, Players: Unknown. NPCs: Some.

The base is decently armed. The marines on base are equiped with pulse rifles, side arms, shot guns etc. Pretty standard stuff, however because it is a weapons development facility anyone with the right clearance can get some specialized weapons. BFG anyone? Ha ha! Doom reference!

Help is not TOO far away. Assuming the outbreak is becoming overwhelming and someone manages to get a call for help out before communications are lost(let's face it it happens in all sci-fi/horror stuff) then help is about 3 days away.

A layout of the base? Uh, no. I wouldn't even know where to start coming up with that aside from what's in my head. Well... Maybe. If I can find something that works, then yes.

Safe rooms... Define Safe. There are no escape pods but there are drop ships. Though you'll need a pilot. Let's face it you can't fly without training.

The base has been on P3X525 for several decades. It was Terraformed and when that was done more people were brought in to begin a real colony and then the Company(Yutani) decided that it was remote enough for a weapons lab.

Yes I intend to be the GM. I haven't done a lot of games on E, but I've done my share of GMing on websites and have spent years doing so for tabletop games. I know the difference between saying, "It's coming at you" and "The shadow moves quickly on the edge of your vision, there's only one thing that can move that fast!" I would have to say the only flaw with myself as a GM is that I don't give away information. If you don't ask questions you don't get answers. However, I am not above having a character making suggestions. Though in something like this it will probably be multiple survivors arguing over what they should do.

I'd like to have at least 4 players to start the game. I don't intend to have a set group. If you want to be  on the station in orbit you can be part of the rescue team. If you want to be a on the planet you can start there. If players want to know one another well that's fine. Eventually everyone will meet up. A kind of "where were you when this began" scenario.

Other dangers? You'll have to play to find that out.

You can always find survivors. People are more than welcome to join mid-way. As long as there's a way to explain it.

I am not bothered by guys playing girls or girls playing guys. I don't care what gender you are. If you're a female wanting to play a male, go for it. Hell I don't care if you're a hermaphrodite. I can't choose for you.

*pant* There. *pant* Done. *pant* More? *sigh*
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Odin

Nearly!

How many armories are there?

How big is the base? Like, traveling from one side to another, managing to avoid the beasts but still taking the short routes?

Safe rooms... Like, impenetrable rooms that maybe have the ability to launch themselves into space.

If the station was to be overrun, would there be alternate ways off the planet? Different launch platforms? Other places to find transport?

Surely the top guards would KNOW about the project, and be trained to fight them? It seems idiotic for them not to be?

That's about it. Enjoy :)

KunoichiRogue5

*sighs and releases a fairy from a bottle*

Alright!

Armories. There are 2 MAIN armories, 10 locker rooms located across the main base(each outpost has 4 locker rooms). In the locker rooms.. It's more random than the armories. But the armories have pulse rifles, sniper rifles, etc. Tons of fun stuff. But if you can find a badge with the right clearance level you can get into the Weapons Development labs and will find lots of reverse engineered predator equipment.

The base is quite big. Seven levels tall with a basement and an underground Hive where the Xenomorphs are being studied. Each level is very big. I mean we're talking the size of a large army base combined with a Naval base. It houses most of the main staff, and all of the big projects. If you were to take a standard walkway from one end to the other it would probably take you... Thirty minutes at a causal pace. It's a large base and there are golf carts(or the sci-fi equivelent) for getting around. If you were trying to get to the communications room from the personal quarters, fifteen minutes taking the normal routes. But this is also assuming that the Xenomorphs are not loose.

Safe rooms. Um.. No, nothing like that. However there are always ways to make a room "safe". But none of the rooms can escape into space. Though there are rooms that can be pressureized and sealed before the air is sucked from the room in less than 20 seconds, killing anything in there that breathes rather quickly.

If the station was over run there are other outposts. This assumes that everyone starts out in the main complex. There are smaller complexes and outposts that do have ways of getting out. But there aren't enough ships to get everyone off planet at once, no.

Like I said the marines don't know shit about what they're guarding. However the officers in charge know about and know how to deal with the Xenomorphs and other R&D subjects.

EDIT: GAH! I forgot to answer your question on the armories!
-Daigotsu

O/Os

AthenaNude

Lisa Lewis

Job: Space Marine
Specialty: Recon/Scout
Special Item: Bio-scanner
Equipment: Body Armor, Helmet (with night vision and communication link), pulse rifle, bio-scanner, sniper rifle (in locker if needed), 15 standard grenades, 5 flash grenades, emergency survival kit (first aid, knife, wire, etc).
History/Background: Joined the marines at age 18 and is a total rookie.  Lisa tends to be a loner and distant when in the company of men (not much attraction) but when around mostly women (or futas) she becomes more cheerful, friendly, approachable, and even somewhat playful.  Trained to use a bio-scanner (a device about the size of a DVD player) and given cursory training as an advance scout, Lisa's job is a dangerous one.  Lisa is trained to use all types of rifles (Sniper, pulse, etc) and most types of military ordnance (grenades, flamers, mines, auto-cannons), but is not exceptionally good with any of them.  Under her armor she usually wears just a standard bikini for comfort and because her body armor fits too snugly for more conservative garments to be worn.

(Note:  the real Lisa Lewis gave permission for the company/military to clone her and artificially age/train the clone.  This "Lisa" has no idea she is a clone and considered eminently expendable, nor that the "real" Lisa went along with the plan.  The whereabouts of the "real" Lisa Lewis are unknown)

DeviantMunster

I suppose I'll post here and say I'm interested in this!

KunoichiRogue5

I'm accepting characters Deviant. I'll post up an OOC and the actual thread when we get 2 more players and we'll have us some sci-fi/mystery/horror fun!
-Daigotsu

O/Os

DeviantMunster

Oh! I forgot. Whats the technological level of this game? And what's in it? Androids? (think there was one in some Alien movie), Mutants? Biological Super Soldiers? Mechanical Moving Cookies?

KunoichiRogue5

There are androids. As for the other stuff... there may or may not be an test group that is being given Mechanical Moving Cookies that turn them into Super Soldiers or into Mutants..>.>
-Daigotsu

O/Os

DeviantMunster

Tad

If you are still looking, I'd be interested.
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

KunoichiRogue5

Go for it! I'd like character sheets here. If we get 1 more player with a character we can at least start. If we get more as we go, awesome!

If you have a special request you can post it here or PM me for it. I.E. If you want to be one of the supposed soldiers given a Mechanical Moving Cookie PM me and I'll tell you the results lol.
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Destiny Ascension

Still recruiting? Willing bug-food participant right here!
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

KunoichiRogue5

WooT! That's for Players 1 character. If the others interested will make characters we can get started. Special requests or questions, feel free to ask! For all I care we can incorperate other things into this. I mean... There's nothing to say that there aren't other alien species out there(besides Predators and Xenomorphs).
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Destiny Ascension

Name: Sgt Jennifer 'Sparky' Diaz
Job: Colonial Marine
Specialty: Communications Technician
Special Item: AN/PRC-489 Ground-to-Space Radio
Equipment: M41A1 Pulse Rifle, M43A Pistol, M144 Combat Knife, M37A2 CA Shotgun, BDU's, M3 Body Armor, Motion Tracker, M10 Helmet(IR Tracker and NVG's), M11 CommTech Toolkit
History: Enlisted in the Marines out of high school, served a mixture of garrison and space duty deployments since enlistment. Jennifer has since been a little bit of an 'all around the boat' Marine, serving a mixture of combat and garrison duties, as well as space deployments with everything from combat boardings to CIC security. After applying for a full time transfer back to Sol, Jennifer was routed 'temporarily', as of almost a year ago, to P3X525. Despite numerous attempts at being transfered again, Jennifer has remained placed where she is. She doesn't dislike 525, but she would prefer to be in Sol, within leave travel of Earth. On Earth, she has 2 sisters and 3 brothers, her father has been dead for almost 3 years and she hasn't been home since his funeral.

Standardly, Jennifer is brash of not plain abrasive, but she is otherwise a model Marine. She's cool under pressure and a steady person when stress kicks in hard. In combat shes very mission first, questions later, but cares as much as is appropriate about those around he.
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

KunoichiRogue5

Name: Elizabeth Lockesly
Job: Scientist
Specialty: Xenobiology
Special Item: Magnum Revolver(8 shots)
Equipment: ID Badge(Level 9 Access), lab coat, glasses, mini computer.
History: A certified genius Elizabeth graduated from college at the age of 14 with a doctorate in Xenobiology. Her parents were killed when the reactor on RA1507 went up and leveled the entire facility. She was obsessed with what had lead to her parents murder, not fooled by the story at all. Eventually she got a job working for the company and worked her way up the ladder. When she was given information on Xenomorphs she began breaking them down and discovering different ways to kill and breed them. She is currently the head of Biological weapons research and development on base.
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Odin

Name: Jay Jackson
Job: Marine
Specialty: Sniper Rifles.
Special Item: Explosive breaches.
Equipment:
M42C Sniper Rifle
M10 Pattern Ballistic Armour
M41A Pulse Rifle
Med kit
Combat knife
History: Jay was a sniper in the marines, who applied for this facility to be with his girlfriend. With a good record, the board accepted. He broke up with his girlfriend, but remained on base for his friends, and has grown to like it here.

BenedictWolfe

Interested. And since you wrote you're okay with hermaphroditic characters, that's what I'll go with.

Description: Standing just as tall as an average man, this trim tomboy moves with ease no  matter the crowd; slipping by mostly unnoticed and seldom recieving a second glance. Her black hair is cropped close to her skull, hardly an inch in length,  with the slight beginnings of a pair of sideburns at her temples. Her pale face  is boyish, but most would still say she's pretty enough to clearly be female;  her shrewd topaz eyes and her thin lipped mouth together with a slight buttonish  nose give her an almost pixie like appearance.
Her features are slightly marred by the presence of two small scars: One barely  longer than her nose ridge - placed horisontally across it - and one that cuts diagonally across her right lips. The latter lightly deforms her lip enough to  give her the shadow of a sneer.
Her body appears a bit on the slim side; like an athlete. But should anyone  have thought her scrawny, these thoughts are swiftly dispersed upon seeing her  unclothed form: Her whole body is an impressive picture of fitness. Everywhere  stringy muscles are packed tightly under her skin, giving the impression of one  who has spent her whole life training to make her body the epitome of physical  superiority. Not an ounce of baby fat is left; only the strings of muscles and  reliefs of veins cast shadows on her milky skin.

Name: Cpl. Cali Roxborough
Specialty: Pyrotechnical combat
Special Item: 1 pound of C4 plus timed detonator

Equipment:
M240 Incinerator Unit w/ backpack mounted fuel tank
Ithaca M37 'Stakeout'
BDU's
M3 Body Armor
M10 Helmet w/ mounted NVG's
Gasmask
Combat Knife
Fragmentation Grenades x3
Medical Gauze
Blood Clotting Powder
Morphine Injector x1

History: Born under a different name on planet far out on the Rim, Cali spent her formative years as a child soldier of the insurgent elements that fought the USCMC. It was a school of hard knocks and when the planet was pacified she was shipped offworld to a juvenile detention center until she was old enough to enter the adult penal system. She was 18 when she and hundreds of other inmates broke out of the "Tombstone" penal facility and disappeared into the throng of interstellar society. Years' worth of crime saw her on the other side of the colonized worlds before she was picked up by authorities and put on trial. Fortunately for her, she had long since changed her identity to Cali Roxborough and was given the chance to pay back society through military service. She jumped at the opportunity and has been a colonial marine for the last 4 years, seeing scant action against mine world strikers and pirate operations.

Scribbles

Definitely interested, if there’s space. Watched it again just recently so seeing this thread practically had me jumping with excitement.

For those who aren't fans of cartoony pics, I dug around for something remotely similar: Click Here for Piccy

Name: Valerie Jennings
Specialty: Pilot
Special Item: None
Equipment: Beside the M41A1 Pulse Rifle an M43A Pistol and a Combat Knife she is equipped with the standard armor and helmet all marines have.
History: A regular army brat, Valerie decided to forgo family tradition for a bit of extra coin by quitting the army and joining the colonial marines. Her training as a pilot began when she first signed up and has progressed far since then. She’s scored decently in the range and while mostly seen as a capable recruit, who can follow orders, has had a history of rebelling slightly if she feels herself under threat. Despite her credentials she’s used more as an emergency pilot and an extra gun. On a seperate note she seems to have a craving for most of the sweet things in life from chocolate to cola.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

DeviantMunster

I'm still interested, just a little at a loss now. Playing a 'citizen' seems dull. My idea was to play a marine, but it seems -everyone- picked that when I wasn't looking >.< Hmm... have to think!