A High School Roleplay - Interest check and [OOC]-discussions

Started by Lotusgirl, November 23, 2010, 01:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotusgirl

Hello everybody.

I always liked movies or series about highschool/college life with all its various stereotypes (nerds, cheerleaders, goths, normals, jocks, preps and so on...)

So to have some fun while waiting for my approval, I thought about playing some highschool/college roleplay.

The main storyline (which plays in the final year of the highschool) would be: My character, an average European girl who just moved to a city/town in the U.S., is new at the highschool where she has to spend her final year.
She is not used to all those stereotypes therefore the other students trying to "convince" her to join their group, making her one of "them".

I think this setting could be some real fun because there are so many places where we can play. (The school, the mall, the students' homes and so on.)
And those who want to play will definitely find a role they like (Maybe someone wants to play a Goth and another prefers playing the smart nerd or the quaterback).

Are some of you interested in playing this kind of roleplay scenario?

Ambie

I would be. I find myself playing these alot. I like the idea of a nerd/normy that would be hot if she knew how to dress but she doesn't try so no one really notices, but has a knockout body:-P

Interested to see if anyone else expresses interest.

who149

I would enjoy something like this :)

I suppose I would be a Nerd. or A Jock. Either doing what I know, or the opposite.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Ambie

Quote from: who149 on November 28, 2010, 04:54:35 PM
I would enjoy something like this :)

I suppose I would be a Nerd. or A Jock. Either doing what I know, or the opposite.

lol we need more interest!

Xiphon III

I'm in. Runner Outcast, for me. Not really belonging to any of the "In School" cliques, instead a group that transcends schools, and doesn't exactly "Hang out." They jst tend to run into each other while exploring rooftops, off limits areas, and abandoned buildings. I can show you a basic character sheet of the guy, from the last one I played in. That, or the Drama Kid. Played in a breakfast club type game once with him. He happened to double as a runner. Here's the Drama Kid's profile(basic), while I search for the runner's. Let me know what you all think. Can he work in this?

Name: Chris D'Angeleau

Nick Name: Sometimes known as "Shakespeare" or "Quote Monkey" (Though usually mockingly. He's spent the last several years trying to think of a cool nickname)

Sexuality: Heterosexual, but doesn't see anything wrong with LBGT people.

Appearance: Chris is a rather plain student, the kind you wouldn't normally look at twice, if they weren't doing something to catch your eye. Sandy brown hair that is loose around his shoulders(he's growing it out for a performance), and a muted green-brown shade in his eyes. His skin tone is nothing out of the ordinary, your average Caucasian boy, not too tan, but not too pale. He stands at 5' 8", and has a lithe physique, not exactly buff, but no wimp either.

Personality: A bit eccentric, Chris is almost always practicing for some production or other. When he talks to people, he usually unconsciously uses the words of his character, or previous characters he has been, in order to respond to questions. This can sometimes annoy people who think this means they aren't his true thoughts, but though the words may not be, the feelings are all his own. Has been known to spontaneously begin monologuing, even if it has nothing to do with the current situation. Nobody quite knows why, and many have suggested it is a mental imbalance similar to the one that causes war veterans to have flashbacks.
Unique Quirk: A runner. Specifically, in the vein of free running, as he can't help but explore new places.

PS. A runner is just that. A person who runs. And they enjoy it. A lot. It's one of the greatest things in life for them, and they do it everywhere. Whether distance, sprinting, free running, a runner is almost always on the move. Likely to have ADD or ADHD.

Brief Bio: Ever since he was a young child, Chris was exposed to theater on a daily basis. His parents had met on the set of a Broadway production they were working on together(a fact he tells anyone who will listen), and Chris's life has not been anything close to normal because of it. And he has loved every bit of that life.

mindlessmenage

I would definately be interested, I love these types of RPs because there's so many things you can portray. I'll go for something opposite of what we already have. The popular girl, more out of fear than people actually liking her. She masks her own insecurities and pain by taking it out on others. Rich but parents are never around (house great for throwing parties). Loves attention. Definately wreckless and a risk taker.
"Clinton lied. A man might forget where he parks or where he lives, but he never forgets
oral sex, no matter how bad it is."
- Barbara Bush

"When a guy goes to a hooker, he's not paying her for sex, he's paying her to leave." -Author Unknown

Lisabeth

id love to play the slightly bitchy, somewhat neurotic goth chick. That girl in school that always hangs around spewing sarcasm I'm sure i could pull that off ^.^
"Searchers of Horror haunt strange, far places..."
         ..... H.P. Lovecraft

Caress

I would love to partake in this.

My character: A girl who easily falls victim to peer pressure. She wishes to be part of the "In" crowd and constantly finds herself a victim to their practical joke, yet continues to worship the ground they walk on. She's somewhat cute geeky and very awkward.
I bruise easily... but don't be gentle when you handle me.

bend

Might try this. I'm the school's weirdo: Male but with an androgynous look, I study a lot, few friends... My little secret is that I love to crossdress. I'd love some other character (a close friend or relative, preferably female) to know this.
- A&A - On & Offs -

Scoin210

I would like a role as well!

Sex: Male

Role: Misunderstood jock

Sexuality: Straight

Appearance: Dark, black medium length hair. Asian (more Pacific Islander if anything), tanned, stands about 5'8". Brown eyes. Athletic build.

Personality: Oddly modest for being the school's star WR. By nature, he's kind of shy, yet the peer pressure around him forces him to make every speech at pep rallies and to go to parties that he really has no interest in. Very intelligent, yet barely studies due to football. Due to this, he's an A-B student...but no one expects a football player to be a straight A student, right? Due to having no girlfriend, he is often perceived as a womanizer, yet that is hardly the case.

Lotusgirl

Yay, I am glad to see that so many of you are interested. ^_^

I think that we start the roleplay thread right after Christmas, most of us are quite busy (at least me) before the holidays and this leaves us some time to make our character sheets (if not done already) and lets other players who are interested join too. (But of course you can always join into the running rp later.)

Okay, let's see what kind of students we have so far:

The Normals:

- Lotusgirl (My character, an average European girl who just moved to a city/town in the U.S., is new at the highschool where she has to spend her final year.
                  She is not used to all those stereotypes therefore the other students trying to "convince" her to join their group, making her one of "them".)

- Kieran±Malive (just a normal boy, straight without a girlfriend)

The Nerds:

- Ambie (a nerd who would be hot if she knew how to dress)

The Jocks/Cheerleaders:

- Digity (the quarterback)
- Scoin210 (a misunderstood jock who is shy and very intelligent)

The Preps and other popular students:

- Mindlessmenage (The rich and popular girl, who masks her own insecurities and pain by taking it out on others.)

- Caress (A geeky and very awkward girl who wishes to be part of them)

The Goths:

- Lisabeth (A slightly bitchy, somewhat neurotic goth chick)

The Weirdos and everybody who doesn't fit into one of the stereotypes:

- Xiphon III (an eccentric 'runner outcast')

The Teachers:

- BigMike (a new teacher fresh out of college who is still trying to put his days of partying in college behind him and take on the responsibility of being a teacher)

P.S.: Please send me a pm with your character descriptions. Because when we start the roleplay thread the first thing I post will be some kind of 'student/staff - list' where I post all the characters which is going to make it easier for the readers (and players) to know something about the characters whenever a new one appears. So nobody needs to read through this complete OOC-thread to find a specific character's description.

In the description should be:

-Name:
Nickname:

-Sex:

-Clique:

-Sexuality:

-Appearance:
-Favourite outfits/Typical style of clothing:

-Personality:

-Hobbies:

-Average grades (Example: Like Scoin210's description: "He's an A-B student" ) and favourite subjects:

Background: (Not a must, but always interesting to know something about the characters)

bend

I'm dropping off. Sorry, but I have far too many games going on now...
- A&A - On & Offs -

Lisabeth

"Searchers of Horror haunt strange, far places..."
         ..... H.P. Lovecraft

BigMike

Hey, I think I'd like to get in on this.  Once I get approval I'll pm you all the details. 

I'm thinking I'd like the roll of the new teacher fresh out of college.  Still trying to put his days of partying in college behind him and take on the responsibility of being a teacher, but struggling with it in some ways. 

I'll pm all the specifics when/if I get my approval.  I look forward to it!

Kieran±Malive

I'd like to join in on this as well.  I don't normally rp in things like these, but this really caught my attention!

I think we need a boy normal.  He's straight, no girlfriend, in his senior year of high school.  He doesn't feel the need to fit in, but just be himself, make the most of his last year of high school, is planning for college...basically, normal lol.

I'll PM you my character sheet before Christmas rolls around, perhaps sooner.  Hopefully I'll get approved by then, cause I'm looking forward to this.

Also, if you need another teacher, I don't mind playing one.
Kieran±Malive's Ons & Offs
Not a weekend roleplayer.
"There is a willow, grows aslant, a brook..."

digity

i would be interested in playing the quarterback it sound like fun

Ambie

any news on this one? i may bow out and take another...

Lotusgirl

I hope that we probably start next week, I didn't want to start during the christmas holidays because many are not here and others are too busy to roleplay. And unfortunately only two of you already wrote their character sheets.

But let's hope that until next week more write their character descriptions. I don't want to abandon this project. :/

ishigreen

Do we have to be approved to join?
I'd like to be the math teacher, who is so very strict that students don't dare cut class.
and attendance is tied to the grades so that students are scared to even ask to leave the room.
I wonder what teen age pranks would happen to me as students tried to do things without getting caught
and finding the teacher getting frustrated and adding more strictness to limit such immature pranks?

Alternatively, I'd like to be that quiet boy that sits in the back of class, what everyone makes fun of, but as
luck has it, he is noticed by someone popular, and his life starts changing. 

If you like either idea, I'll write out the character sheet you have provided in an earlier post.

OHWceta

Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

DarkWolfProwler

I am very interested... I guess I will just give you my character's info...

-Name: Cheyanne Rae Ivazian
Nickname: Chey, CheyRae

-Sex: Female

-Clique: Chey tends to have many different cliques. In the one hand she is a very athletic female and plays for the school softball team, but she is also nerdy in the way that she loves video games. she likes to have attention, but also keep a low profile. It really depends on the situation at hand.

-Sexuality: She won't admit that she is bisexual... Unless she meets that one girl that drives her insane

-Appearance: She has dark brown hair that is naturally straight and lays flat down the middle of her back. Her eyes are green as emeralds when she is happy, but since they are hazel, they change colors with her moods. When she becomes very angry, they change to a dull grey. She is about 5'3" and her body is well proportioned for her size.

-Favourite outfits/Typical style of clothing: It really depends on her activity. When she is playing sports she will be seen wearing basketball shorts and tank tops. She does occasionally dress in short shorts and more feminine clothes, but that is normally when she is trying to draw the attention of a male she has her sights on.

-Personality: Chey is a very flirtatious girl. She has a great sense of humor and can talk for hours if you let her. She is basically your well rounded tom boy!

-Hobbies: Baseball, video games, guitar, acting, hanging out with friends, watching movies, and other teenage stuff

-Average grades (Example: Like Scoin210's description: "He's an A-B student" ) and favourite subjects: Most of her grades are A's and B's, with the exception of Math, which she always treads near a C, since she sucks at it. Her favorite subject is Drama. She loves to act!

Background: (Not a must, but always interesting to know something about the characters)
She comes from a single parent home along with her older brothers, Reed and Danny. Her father was enlisted in the Army for 16 years when he went on his most recent deployment, he was killed in battle. Chey's mother was left to take care of the three kids on her own. her mother is sort of protective of her, but really leaves the control of her sons to watch Chey. Cheyanne moved schools after her freshman year as they had to move, which caused her to change school districts. So starting her Sophomore year at a new school, she doesn't really know anyone, but it won't be long for her to make some friends.
"Without you there is no reason for breath..."

Brytestar

If this was leaning toward college based I want to get in on it.