Final Fantasy Tactics (General Valter & Hiddenhart)

Started by Mr. Vyce, October 07, 2010, 11:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Vyce

Hello there, Hiddenheart. So, what particular FFT characters do you favor most?

Hiddenhart

In terms of special characters:
Ramza, Delita, Wiegraf, Alma, Ovelia, Cid, Beowulf and Reis

In terms of Generics:
Monks, Geomancers, White Mages, Summoners, Dark Knights

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 11:30:07 AM
In terms of special characters:
Ramza, Delita, Wiegraf, Alma, Ovelia, Cid, Beowulf and Reis

In terms of Generics:
Monks, Geomancers, White Mages, Summoners, Dark Knights

Have you ever given consideration to creating an OC off the series?

Hiddenhart

Quote from: General Valter on October 07, 2010, 11:33:55 AM
Have you ever given consideration to creating an OC off the series?
I have a few OCs of generic classes:

Mask: A male mix of a Knight and a Black Mage. A blinded teen, who I created an entire sidequest for.

Silicya: A female Ninja/Dancer. Mask's guardian.

Mana: A male Monk/Geomancer. Mask's brother.

Do you?

Mr. Vyce

Well, I have one character I've been cooking up lately. He's a White Mage who is quite the sweet talker and charmer (alternating between Thief/Mediator), yet also has incredibly quick fingers (Brawler) and reacts to situations calmly (Reflexes). At the end of his journey, his final class would be the Ark Knight class Elmdore is in, varying between White Magic, Steal and Mediator as his secondary move set. How he gets there...is still a mystery to me. ^^''

Hiddenhart

Quote from: General Valter on October 07, 2010, 11:44:10 AM
Well, I have one character I've been cooking up lately. He's a White Mage who is quite the sweet talker and charmer (alternating between Thief/Mediator), yet also has incredibly quick fingers (Brawler) and reacts to situations calmly (Reflexes). At the end of his journey, his final class would be the Ark Knight class Elmdore is in, varying between White Magic, Steal and Mediator as his secondary move set. How he gets there...is still a mystery to me. ^^''

Nice OC...If we were to do an RP, would you prefer a male or a female partner? I can create an OC for ether gender ^^

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 11:45:41 AM
Nice OC...If we were to do an RP, would you prefer a male or a female partner? I can create an OC for ether gender ^^

Oddly enough...I kinda had an image of him being with Meliadoul, of all people. She seems to have that hot-tempered attitude beneath her Lady of War demeanor that he'd like her, and he'd be charming with a hidden gentle side. Plus, they could stand by each other's side in both peace and war. (My OC is a bit of a pretty boy in personality, but overall, he's a Neutral Good type of guy.)

Hiddenhart

Quote from: General Valter on October 07, 2010, 11:52:56 AM
Oddly enough...I kinda had an image of him being with Meliadoul, of all people. She seems to have that hot-tempered attitude beneath her Lady of War demeanor that he'd like her, and he'd be charming with a hidden gentle side. Plus, they could stand by each other's side in both peace and war. (My OC is a bit of a pretty boy in personality, but overall, he's a Neutral Good type of guy.)

Well, if you want, I'll gladly try to RP as Meliadoul ^^

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 11:53:42 AM
Well, if you want, I'll gladly try to RP as Meliadoul ^^

That would be awesome, and I'd appreciate it. But what would be even more awesome was if you told me a bit about your OC, Mask. What is his history like? What's his personality and all that good stuff?

Hiddenhart

Well, I'll try. Haven't touched him in a while but here goes.

Story-wise, Mask was a knight and black mage who once served Ovelia before she got kidnapped and ended up with Delita. However, he left her service after an argument and became a wandering sword-for-hire. The tie-in with Ramza's story would be that there would be a bounty on his head, a mistaken identity case, and he'd clash with Ramza and co. until the real criminal showed up and then Mask would join.

Appearance...he's of average height, very thin. He has blonde hair, short and spiked, red eyes and, strangely for the universe this game is in, dark tan skin. He wears lighter armor then most knights and carries a sword called DemonBane. The black magic came from his mother, who taught it to him.

Personality...he's friendly, kind and gentle. He dislieks fighting but puts loyalty (and later, determination) ahead of anything else. He is not above bending rules to get ahead and to help others/himself. He is also (insanely) determined when fighting and will often fight past when it's good to do so.

I never really paired him with anyone, though I did try with Agrias once.

Hiddenhart

Forgot some details (d'oh!)

1. He is blind, requiring his hearing and feel to replace his sense. because he is blind, he is always a little hesitant before fighting. He also judges character over apeparance.

2. He is rather stubborn and hotheaded at times, especially when he senses injustice.

3. He is VERY shy around opposing genders.

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 12:02:53 PM
Forgot some details (d'oh!)

1. He is blind, requiring his hearing and feel to replace his sense. because he is blind, he is always a little hesitant before fighting. He also judges character over apeparance.

2. He is rather stubborn and hotheaded at times, especially when he senses injustice.

3. He is VERY shy around opposing genders.

Pretty cool. I apologize if I'm speaking out of turn, but Mask...since he knows some level of black magic, would he be able to feel out a person's aura, particularly if they were a spell-casting person as well?

Hiddenhart

Speaking out of turn? Hardly. I should apologize ^^ In order to keep him from becoming a gary stu/mary sue, I made it so he could just BARELY sense it...more like a suspicion then a direct confirmation

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 12:07:18 PM
Speaking out of turn? Hardly. I should apologize ^^ In order to keep him from becoming a gary stu/mary sue, I made it so he could just BARELY sense it...more like a suspicion then a direct confirmation

Ah. So he's not going to pull out any Daredevil, Toph (Avatar: The Last Airbender) or Yomi (Yuyu Hakusho) levels of supernatural perception. Gotcha.
Well, I'll share why my OC became a healer. This is coming off the top of the head, so please bear with me.
He is effectively a commoner, and he admired men like Wiegraf (pre-member of the Church of Glabados) for their devotion to the common people. However, at least, he was a thief, and proved himself reasonably skilled in the art.. For him, it wasn't any particular desire to have other peoples' things; it was purely the challenge. Because he occasionally tried to steal from the wrong person, or when someone was looking to mess with him, he swiftly developed great proficiency in bare-knuckle brawling (thus his "Brawler" ability) and an ability to quickly react to bad situations ("Reflexes". In any case, his mother, who had never been a strong person in body, grew ill, and he had all the money he'd 'collected' used to hire a doctor to heal her. Unfortunately, at the same time, the daughter of an nobleman was ill with a less-serious ailment, and he was willing to pay more than my OC could. So, he chose the nobleman's daughter over his mother's life, and he had to watch as the person who brought him into this world faded from it because they weren't high enough of a class to be given consideration.
It's a story he's never told anyone, and that is what prompted him to go down the path of a white mage...to make sure that social class and ranking would not be the difference between life and death if he could do anything about it.

Hiddenhart

I like the story, to be honest. It shows him to be a good person and tosses in the "mother dying" card without using it in a cliched manner. I see how that would be the influence for everything in his life.

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 12:24:08 PM
I like the story, to be honest. It shows him to be a good person and tosses in the "mother dying" card without using it in a cliched manner. I see how that would be the influence for everything in his life.

What about Mask's family? You mentioned his guardian and brother in an earlier post. What are they like in personality?

Hiddenhart

Hm...

His father and mother are mysterious figures at best. It is known that his mother was a high-class magician and his father, a knight of renown, but since Mask has not contacted them in ages, no one knows what happened to them

As for his brother, Mana, he's more hotheaded, bloodthirsty and angers easily. He is prone to judgemental issues and is actually somewhat sexist. He is also somewhat less naive then Mask is. He abandoned Mask to go fight monsters...which is why he is not initially with Mask.

His guardian is the stereotypical "devoted to one person" type. She is silent, serious and only thinks about duty. She is also more mature then either one and serves as a foil to Mana. She follows Mask wherever he goes but got seperated, with Mana, when she was forced to go fight monsters

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 12:33:19 PM
Hm...

His father and mother are mysterious figures at best. It is known that his mother was a high-class magician and his father, a knight of renown, but since Mask has not contacted them in ages, no one knows what happened to them

As for his brother, Mana, he's more hotheaded, bloodthirsty and angers easily. He is prone to judgemental issues and is actually somewhat sexist. He is also somewhat less naive then Mask is. He abandoned Mask to go fight monsters...which is why he is not initially with Mask.

His guardian is the stereotypical "devoted to one person" type. She is silent, serious and only thinks about duty. She is also more mature then either one and serves as a foil to Mana. She follows Mask wherever he goes but got seperated, with Mana, when she was forced to go fight monsters

So Mana's a hot-tempered Blood Knight and Mask's guardian is the Stoic Bodyguard. Neat. So what drives Mask? What is his big goal in life? Is he related to any canon FFT characters? From that group, would he have any great friends or bitter enemies?

Hiddenhart

Mask is driven ENTIRELY by duty and loyalty, like a knight. (For an example, think Agrias again...loyal and yet understanding). He wants to do the right thing and help others do so as well.

He is not related in any way to the canon characters until they encounter him. He would probably be great friends with Agrias (XD) Cid and those kinds of people. He might not approve of Ramza and he'd outwardly dislike Delita...

Mr. Vyce

Quote from: Hiddenhart on October 07, 2010, 12:47:56 PM
Mask is driven ENTIRELY by duty and loyalty, like a knight. (For an example, think Agrias again...loyal and yet understanding). He wants to do the right thing and help others do so as well.

He is not related in any way to the canon characters until they encounter him. He would probably be great friends with Agrias (XD) Cid and those kinds of people. He might not approve of Ramza and he'd outwardly dislike Delita...

I'd have to say my OC would have respect for Delita, especially considering he's big on the whole "low-class commoner becomes a hero" thing and has personally experienced the injustice of this corrupt system. (Plus, he's really big on ambition, but has realized that ambition in the classic sense and "bad" ambition as most people refer to it--ie "ruthless, sociopathic behavior"--are two very different things. One can be great without being cruel, and he seeks to prove this.) But if he were privy to the various acts of deceit, treachery and murder the Heiral male committed to obtain the crown, it would likely be a different story altogether.
He'd likely have deep respect for the likes of Orleandeau and Beowulf, a bit of a crush on Reis (a puppy crush, mind), want to be friends with Isilud nd Ramza and possess a soft spot for Alma and Ovelia, viewing them both as mere pawns in a game where the pieces were lucky if they were merely discarded once their purpose was served. Of course he'd utterly despise the likes of Dycedarg (whom he sees as the "bad" form of ambitious) and Argath, seeing him as the sum total of what such a system creates: An arrogant wretch with a weak mind and even feebler sword-arm. With everyone else, he is coolly friendly with an undercurrent of, "Don't start none, won't be none."

Hiddenhart

Nice relationships and points of view there, Valter. Seeing that makes me see how your character interacts and shapes his personality. Overall, I have to say that I lvoe your character ^^ Not in that sense, just that it's awesome ^^

Hiddenhart

Mr. Vyce

Hiddenhart

Mr. Vyce