You never forget the first time.

Started by Inkidu, August 09, 2008, 03:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

You beat a video game. What was your first?
Me, Kirby's Dreamland for the Gameboy. I was five!
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

sleepingferret

First video game I beat was Super Mario Bros on NES, I was maybe 8 or 9.

After that is was stuff like Legend of Zelda, Final Fantasy... though I ended up in the PC mainstream instead of the console, so I never played them all.

And of course, I used to spend time around every Christmas and beat Secret of Mana.

Chris Brady

I started late, so Chrono Trigger, age 22.

I still regard it as one of the best RPGs ever.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Lady Annabelle

First game I beat was the Legend of Zelda on the NES.  I played the 2600 a ton when I was a kid, but none of those games had endings.  Damnit.  

I think I was about 8 when I finally beat it.  I had it for a while, but the final dungeons were just so difficult.  Since then, I have beaten it about 15 other times and it is one of my favorite games of all time.

Still have my gold cartridge and I got the gray one too.
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Chris Brady

Quote from: Inkedu on August 09, 2008, 04:22:46 PM
How many endings?

I got the best on the first try, then I had to return it as it was a rental.  However, since owning the Playstation adaptation I have gotten all the endings.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Jeramiahh

*ponders* God, that's a hard question. I've plaed so many games, over the years... and beaten so few of them. The first that really stands out in my mind is Might and Magic 6, which bragged about being a 'fully 3-D environment!" Took me almost five years, too, though the majority of that was not playing it. =P Fantastic game, though, once I got the patterns down... and the final fights were spectacular.

"Oh my god there's thousands of them but the room is only 10x10 and sweet jesus is that a giant demon oh god no it's just an army of them and sweet merciful god they're not stopping and oh jesus there's a big thing kill it kill it kill it aaaaaaaah!"
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Le RandomBloke

My first game was Mortal Kombat on the.. sega 64 I think it was. Good times, I remember the special attack combo's being hard as fuck. My brother easily kicked my ass on that game; ugh!

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

sleepingferret

Mortal Kombat...when will it ever end...such senseless violence.  Oh but how we love it so, all the button mashing and blood splattering fun.  Though sometimes I wonder, if my fingers are bleeding more than the characters after playing for a while.  All that repetitious and rapid button mashing takes a toll.

Kazae

I suddenly feel dated.

I beat Adventure.

On the Atari 2600.

...At age 4.

I was the same age as the game, at that time.

That same year, I also beat ET.  Yes.  THAT ET.
...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
..........................'...../
..........''............. _.·´
..........................(
Yes, I'm probably over-thinking.  Yes, I'm going to continue over-thinking.
There are enough people out there running on autopilot;someone has to make up for those lost synaptic cycles, and it may as well be me.

Push Button...

Inkidu

Quote from: Chris Brady on August 10, 2008, 12:19:31 AM
I got the best on the first try, then I had to return it as it was a rental.  However, since owning the Playstation adaptation I have gotten all the endings.
Really even the one where you beat Lavos with only Chrono and become ruler of the world? My friend swears it can be done but I think he's full of shit.

Inkidu

Quote from: RandomBloke on August 10, 2008, 11:07:34 PM
My first game was Mortal Kombat on the.. sega 64 I think it was. Good times, I remember the special attack combo's being hard as fuck. My brother easily kicked my ass on that game; ugh!
You know to this day I still cannot preform one fatality in the ORIGINAL Mortal Kombat. Freaky huh?

Caeli

Ooh! The first game I ever beat was the original Super Mario Bros. on the original Nintendo system. ^^ I think I was... oh... five or six at the time? xD
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Transgirlenstein

Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Verse

Phantasy Star, I think 2. Sega Genesis, Age Three. From then on, I was addicted. My family swears to this day that my first word was 'HP'. xD And that I learned to read so that I could play the games without someone having to read for me.

kongming

Ooh, tricky... let's see if I can remember.

Chances are I never completed any games for the Amstrad CPC when I was a youth. I was pretty young then. So let's move on to the PC. Hmm. Wolf 3D, I watched my Dad complete. Moraffe's World... is huge. Castle of the Winds... I completed a few years ago when I felt nostalgic. Okay, let's zoom ahead.

Sega Megadrive. Aha! Here we go, I completed Golden Axe, followed by Revenge of Shinobi. Both without cheating. Or was it GA then Shinobi 3? I forget. Then would have been SF2 Hyper Fighting (or some other stupid variation of Street Fighter 2), Brutal Paws of Fury, Gunstar Heroes...

I don't really remember much of it though. The first game I remember feeling pride and achievement for completing was FF7*, followed by Suikoden 2.

*Which is, as we all know, the first game ever made. Real life is just a parody of FF7, and every religion is based on ancient stone tablets containing the programming for FF7. WWII started when Winston Churchill saved over Hitler's saved game.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Lady Annabelle

Quote from: kongming on August 20, 2008, 11:53:16 PM
I don't really remember much of it though. The first game I remember feeling pride and achievement for completing was FF7*, followed by Suikoden 2.

Suikoden 2 > FF7   ;D

I bought Suikoden 2 a couple of years ago for the CHEAP price of $120 and it was worth every penny.  That game is fantastic and just simply unbelievable.  In my opinion, Suikoden II is the best RPG on the Playstation 1.  And I am Final Fantasy fangirl, but I just enjoy Suikoden II that much.

I just started playing Suikoden V and I am enjoy it very much.  All I need to do is beat V and Tactics and I will have beat them all.  Such a great and underrated series.

**EDIT**  Sorry Inkedu for going off topic.  I just can't keep my mouth shut when it comes to RPG's.  *hushes*
All About Me  Where Am I?  Pixi's Twin  Miss Marguerite's Wife **True Girl Gamer**

"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; But if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it." ~ Emily Bronte

"My heart beat so hard when I was near him, I feared he could hear my secret longing for him." ~ Destiny Vaestus

Inkidu

Final Fantasy VIII beats all. My thread, no better no worse just your first game beaten. Please and thank you.

DarkestStryke

My first was Sonic on the megadrive, followed by Golden Axe 1 and 2.

Playstation was Final Fantasy 7 and 8, followed by Ratchett and Clank 1 and 2

Pc...hmm.. Diablo, Hellfire, Diable 2, Lords of destruction, Starcraft, Age of Empires.. to name a few

Oniya

The first game I remember beating was Spyro - the very first one, for the PS1.  I was playing it as a way to entertain a small child (Look at the cute little dragon!), and ended up getting 100%
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Canuckian

The first game I beat was Super Mario Bros. for the original NES.  I was so close that I stayed longer and was late for elementary school.  Which is very hard to justify when one lives right across the street from said school.

Laeori

The Original Super Mario on NES I was 9 we'd had it for about 5 days  :P

Revolverman

hahah I never even got to the first castle in the first SMB

Laeori

Revolverman

hey, not my fault my brothers embargoed the NES!