RP... Anyone? Anyone?

Started by Bree, August 11, 2010, 12:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bree

Bueller?... Bueller?... Bueller?  :-X

LOL. Anyways... I am looking for anyone to RP with to pass the time while waiting to get approved. RP must be in a PG-13 rating of guy x guy. Long or short term either way - I don't mind. I prefer original characters ONLY so no fandoms/canons/official characters. >:U

I have basic plot ideas in modern settings like clubs, bars, college or themes like romance, action, and horror. Although I'm very open to any other suggestions or collaborating with just about anything. I'm not picky! ;)

Here's a little info about what to expect from me - I write in third person, past tense, novel style and usually paragraph length posts. I can give a description of my OC to any potentially interested RP'er and can provide picture reference/example RP part.

This is my first time RPing in a forum thread but just because I'm unapproved yet doesn't mean I'm new to RPing. I have 5+ years experience, so come on hit me! :D

Please, only people who are interested reply~ OC profiles greatly appreciated! Thanks! <3

Starlequin

Hey, Bree. First off, let me just say, welcome to Elliquiy, and good luck on the Approvals process. And second, I wouldn't mind striking up a new game while I wait for some of my others to heat back up, and I've got a couple old characters and plotlines that could do with a good dusting off if you're interested. A few bare-bones examples are vampire x hunter/childe/victim, hero x distressed damsel/dude, or art thief x museum curator/private owner. What sort of characters do you like to play? Do you have one in particular in mind already? I'm pretty flexible, myself. Just let me know if I strike your interest.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

Bree

Hi Starlequin! Thank you for the welcome and good luck wishes. I can't wait to get approved but I am thoroughly enjoying the process so far. ;D

I am very interested in RPing with you. I'm a very go-with-the-flow kind of person so I'm open to anything and I really like the sound of your ideas. Honestly, I just have one human character I RP with and I make him versatile for just about anything. Here's a description of him:

Name:  Claude
Race:  Human/American
Personality: Generally confident, feisty, and knows how to stick up for himself. But can be different/changed depending on RP theme.
Picture: http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7987/claudeoutfit.gif

I hope you don't mind RPing guy x guy because I don't really care for female roles. Sorry. OTL But I would love to see your male character profiles if you could give me a description. Could you tell me more about about your plotlines in detail? What roles do you like to play the most or you are in the mood for?

All the ideas you've given sound really good especially vampire x hunter/victim or hero x distressed dude. And I'll like to hear more about art thief x museum curator/private owner. Thanks!

Starlequin

Hey, Bree. Sorry it took so long to get back; rl intervenes, as it often does. Congratulations on that shiny new badge, it looks lovely!

Well, I really just had two of my old characters in mind, and it just depends on what you're in the mood for. And, I don't mind doing guy x guy scenes. I don't do them very often, but that's not to say I can't.

Here are the profiles.

1. Brandon Bray, 25(ish), the son of an ex-IRA agent and a retired SAS member. He was homeschooled for much of his childhood, and his parents took the opportunity to impart their own particular skills along with his school work. His father taught him martial arts, hand to hand combat and military tactics, while his mother educated him on such matters as improvised explosives, offensive driving and con-artistry. However, tragedy struck his family when he was 16; some of his mother's old compatriots viewed her marriage to an Englishman as a betrayal to her country, and everyone knows the IRA doesn't take betrayal lightly. Both parents were killed one night in what the police mistook for a random mugging, but Brandon knew who was responsible. He was sent to live with a distant cousin of his mother's in America, and he's been sharpening the skills his parents taught him by taking on certain odd jobs. He longs for the day he can return to Ireland and avenge his parents, but until then he's content to wander the streets of whatever city he finds himself in, using his abilities to make life miserable for those who threaten the weak.

2. Laurenz "Renzi" de Caumptfeld, 138, the youngest child of an Austrian nobleman. Renzi was a very weak, sickly child, always suffering from colds or other respiratory disorders. Through some small miracle, he survived to age 20, but his luck began to run out and he was struck down with a vicious case of pneumonia. Desperate to save his son, his father agreed to a devil's bargain with an old woman who promised to save Laurenz. The woman Embraced the young man and gave him the blessing and curse of vampirism, and he was taken from his family and forced to serve for almost 70 years as the old woman's servant before finally breaking free of his enslavement. It's not clear whether his old mistress is still hunting for him, or even if she is dead or alive. But Laurenz is always cautious nonetheless, though he does possess a reckless streak that often serves to bring trouble his way...

As for plotlines, they're not too complicated. The vampire x hunter/victim scenes would of course involve Renzi, perhaps fighting/capturing/seducing/whatever a hunter or just a guy from a club or something, and the hero x victim could be anything from rescuing someone from thugs in an alley or a wild animal in the woods, or pulling someone out of a burning building, etc. etc. Brandon is usually one of my go-tos for scenes like that. The art thief scene could be either Renzi or Brandon, and whoever your character is. (BTW, Claude is very...um...chibi, lol. And, what is 'OTL'?)

Bree

Hi there Starlequin. I apologize for the late reply too; rl intervenes for me as well. Thank you for the congrats! I feel very proud to have earned the badge. ;D It's overwhelming at the same time to finally begin on this forum. @_@

I am very taken and impressed with both your characters - in fact I can't choose which one I'd rather RP with. :-X I can be indecisive sometimes. Hahaha. But to narrow it down, I gave it some thought and my character Claude is more similar to Brandon in the aspect that he's a go-to except with a gun. He'd rescue someone from a burning building or from wild animals but I'd be interested in doing the plot along the lines of Claude being saved from thugs in an alley because he like to get into fights and can bite off more than he can chew sometimes.

Also, at the same time I haven't done a good vampire RP in a long time so doing a plot with Renzi like fighting/seducing/capturing/hunting or in a club is really tempting. Now that I think of it Claude is more of a law abiding citzen than a art thief and I can't see him as a museum curator/private owner either. So it's a tie between the plots I mentioned above of Brandon or Renzi.

Since I have a hard time choosing, I'll let you decide what you'd like to lean more towards RPing. Honestly - either one sounds good to me or both. lol If you want to change or do anything differently, let me know. :)

Here's more in-depth information about Claude:

Claude Kenneth Marlow – Born in Los Angeles, USA and both his parents were in the Secret Service while he was raised by his god father. He was schooled and trained early on in the basics of explosives, martial arts, offensive/defensive hand to hand combat, military tactics and weapons to prepare to join the Secret Service. Also learned to speak fluently in French, Japanese, Arabic, and some Portuguese. He was a very bright boy; growing up in a happy, secure household and excelled in every school and training course. After his god father passed away when he was 21, he was accepted into the Secret Service and underwent a dramatic change. Currently 25, he still works and owns a house in LA. Although still a positive, charismatic person, he also has a calculatingly dark violent side that surfaces while on the job.

LOL I'm sorry about the chibi picture, I just use it to show Claude's basic appearance (like eye/hair color, outfit, ect...) Oh, I'll explain OTL - O <- head T <- arms L <- legs. It's supposed to mean someone on their hands and knees in embarrassment. 

Whenever you want to start of your plot choice or if you'd prefer me too, feel free to go ahead. :-)

Starlequin

Hm. Damn, now I'm torn as well. It's a little weird how similar two of them are, and I can't decide whether it would be more fun to pit them against each other, or throw mysticism against training. Also, your approval does open up the possibility of pushing this past the PG-13 level, if you're interested. I did come up with an idea I thought you might enjoy concerning the 'art thief' scene, involving Claude receiving/being sent a Maguffin for XX reason and my character (either Renzi or Brandon) being tasked to retrieve it. Or we can do the alley rescue scene, although if Claude is as proficient a fighter as he seems, we're gonna need a lot more thugs, lol. I'm gonna let you decide after all, because I'm kind of a bastard like that  :P and I want to see what you pick, anyway.

And ty for the OTL thing; I had to stare at that for nearly 15 minutes before I finally got it. I looked it up on Urban Dictionary when I first saw it, but I didn't really get it so I figured it must mean something else. Nearly went blind when that flash of the obvious hit, lol.

Bree

Haha damn, I know - both the Renzi and Brandon RP plots sound so good I really can't choose. ??? I'd love to push the rating of the RP pass PG-13. Would you like to continue this RP in another thread for the higher rating or through PMs? Either one is fine with me. I'm so happy that I'm approved now - I was expecting it to take longer. XD

I agree, Brandon and Claude being so similar - it would be very intriguing to pit them against each other or the alley scene. But damn, I really like the art thief idea too with Claude receiving a Maguffin and Renzi or Brandon to receive it! Honestly, it's not the plot I'm having trouble choosing - it's choosing between either Renzi or Brandon to RP with. Both of them are equally interesting and tempting. Lol.

Gahh damn my indecisiveness. D:

And yw for the OTL thing. I couldn't stop LOLing after you told me about the hit of realization of what it is. It took me awhile to actually find out what it meant until I had someone explain it to me. :P

Something kinda struck me just before I posted this reply... but could we possibly RP the plots above in a random order of Claude meeting Renzi and Brandon separately? If I'm asking for too much, just tell me but it's the only decision I could even come close to. :-X