Jade Dragons & Hungry Ghosts ( Lesbian wuxia - accepting characters )

Started by Dhi, June 22, 2015, 03:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

名字 Name : Wu Cai
功夫 Style : Emei
五行 Element : Metal
喜歡 Ons : Comfort, Happiness, Romance, Strong and Moral People
反感 Offs : Thievery, Poisoners, Liars, Sex without Emotional Attachment, Cowardice

高度 Height : 5'8"
个子 Build : Slender
描写 Description : A gorgeous and wealthy swordswoman. She dresses in the finest silks and her appearance is always immaculate. She carries a very expensive and very sharp sword that is gilded with symbols of wealth and protection. Her delicate features and graceful movements tend to draw the eye and keep it.
个性 Personality : Cai is calm, moralistic, and loyal. She has strong feelings of duty to her father and her family, her lineage, the ruling government and her former Mistress at the emei school she attended. She is not afraid of combat and somewhat detached and pitiless towards those she defeats, other than those she feels have been deceived into fighting her.

传记 Story :

Cai is the only child of a wealthy merchant, Wu Sheng. Sheng built a fortune trading with northern nomads and leading caravans to the west and his estate is one of the landmarks of the little city of Pai Sun. Today he is well off enough that the journeys east and the dangerous negotiations with the north are done by those who work for him and he enjoys the comforts of his hard work.

Sheng's wife, Laidi, died giving birth to Cai. Sheng was rather devastated by this and has never thought of taking another woman. His dreams of passing on his business to his son were transferred to Cai. She was raised with the best education he could afford, including sending her to the prestigious Emei school to learn to defend herself and his estate. Cai was a very dutiful child, her only real temptation coming in old stories and books. She dreams of exploring the world, partly due to her father's many fascinating stories about northern nomads and eastern barbarians, and partly due to the tales of other travelers she has read in his library.

At the Emei school Cai was assigned to a harsh mistress who thought of her as a spoiled child who did not deserve the opportunity she had been given. Cai was put through many very draining and rigorous exercises before she was taught even a simple secret of kung fu. Her stoic manner and grace under the harsh treatment slowly won her Mistress over and she was judged worthy to learn the secrets after all. The praise of her mistress was one of the few things that would consistently crack Cai's detached demeanor, even a slight compliment causing the girl to break into a wide smile. The two became very close as the training intensified and Cai's duties soon included pleasuring his mistress. Cai enjoyed this greatly and approached it no differently than any other aspect of her training - with dedicated and excellence and willingness to train long hours. She saw the request for pleasure as a signal that she was worthy to do it, and the praise she received afterwards always meant the world to her.

It was with great difficulty then that she obeyed the summons of her father to return before her training was formally completed. His health had taken a turn for the worse and he was now confined in bed most hours of the day. He needed his daughter as his eyes and ears and enforcer in day to day affairs. Cai was devastated to be separated from her Mistress, but loyal daughter that she was she returned.

For the past few months Cai has been a regular at Lord Chiang's court, appearing in place of her father and answering to the Lord when he needs the assistance or input of Pai Sun's wealthiest citizens. She also is commonly seen in the marketplace, patrolling her father's traders with an almost bored look on her face. Attempts to arrange a marriage for her have all been gracefully and diplomatically deflected.

Okay so rough draft...thoughts? If anyone wants to integrate backstories let me know. :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Crash

Love the character Red.  I am not sure she would have crossed paths with Shin Min other than maybe at the market but if you want to establish any backstory or former run ins with her I am fine with that.  Shin Min has also traveled as a healer. 

If anyone wants to have run into Shin Min let me know. Rivals, compatriots and other connections are welcome.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

RedPhoenix

I think it depends on how long you want Shin Min to have been in Pai Sun when our story starts. If she is just arriving it might be fun to have them meet and play it out. Cai would certainly help protect her little town from an angry sorceress. Or if Shin Min has been there for some time her and Cai could already be friends, maybe having tea together every few days or something like that and maybe investigating strange incidents together for signs of evil sorcery. Could be fun either way. :)

Crash

I had originally had Shin Min recently arriving in Pai Sun, but then changed it so she has been their long enough to catch the eye of Dhi's NPC while she was asking around about certain guards and sorceress.  Still that doesn't mean she has been around for very long.

Maybe we can have them meet at the market.  Perhaps a thief stealing something from Cai's family's stall?  That is if Dhi doesn't already have a plot set up for us to start.  If she does we can have them having met recently before the game starts.

Dhi - Are you planning an opening scene we should be thinking about or are we going to run-a-muck for a bit first?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Chrystal

Okay, how does this work:

名字 Name : Hēinǐ  - 嘿你 (no family name)
功夫 Style : A rather strange blend of Shaolin, Emei and Kongtong. She knows a few Wudang techniques but is really not very good at them. None of her techniques are anything like the way the masters practice them. She is actually best at Kongtong, and finds the gentle, fluid moves to be most useful, however the main teachings of this school are unknown to her.

五行 Element : Fire
喜歡 Ons : Having enough to eat, having somewhere warm to sleep, not getting caught, daydreaming about her parents, learning, being unnoticed, being useful, being underestimated.
反感 Offs : Jobsworths, hunger, cold, getting caught, being noticed, feeling useless, being seen for what she really is, being lonely.

高度 Height : 149 cm
个子 Build : Slight
描写 Description : Heini is short and skinny. she has long, spiky, dark brown hair that generally is kept in various braids to keep it from flopping all; over the place. She generally wears dun coloured clothing, often little more than rags, although occasionally she will be seen wearing something finer. She has, from time to time, been mistaken for a child, even though she is actually in her early 20s.
个性 Personality : Heini is lonely, and unloved. She is not really selfish, she just seems that way, because she always looks out for number one. She has no real sense of right and wrong, and has no issues with taking what is not hers in order to survive. In fact she is rather good at taking stuff. There is a streak of good in her, she is not totally irredeemable, and if the right people were to take her in hand she could become a useful member of society. However as it stands, she is on a slippery slope towards evil. She is remarkably bright and learns things very quickly.

传记 Story : Heini is a foundling. She was left with the monks at the Kongtong school and raised by them, however she was never fully accepted as a member of the school, seeing as many of the students there were the children of wealthy people. She earned her keep, from the age of nine, by running errands, sweeping floors, doing laundry. As she got older, she slowly found herself working harder, doing more difficult jobs, rising earlier and going to bed later. It was not cruelty on the part of the monks, nor was it in any way deliberate, in fact it was not even thoughtlessness. It was just that there were things that needed doing, and she found herself doing them.

As she worked, cleaning the slates and smoothing the sand-boards, and wiping down the chalk boards at the end of each day in the classrooms, she would read what was written and learn from it - the monks had taught her to read, write and add up, and no more - and so she taught herself a variety of kung fu techniques, none of them done correctly, and all of them a mishmash of different skills.

She would also supplement her meagre diet with petty pilferage from the kitchens. She discovered that the movement techniques of Kongtong leant themselves especially well to stealthy movement and concealment. What she lacked was the spirit of community and chivalry, seeing herself as an outsider. She began to do more than simply steal food, taking things of value. There was a small shop in the town where she would take her stolen goods, the unscrupulous shopkeeper would give her a fraction of their actual value, which she would spend on extra food or clothing.

Until one day she was caught red handed. It seemed that her thievery had not gone unnoticed and the monks had set a trap for her that she fell right into. They were admittedly surprised by whom they caught, but her punishment was that she was cast out of the schools and put in prison. The gaol was not especially high security, she was underestimated by everyone. So she easily escaped and made her way back into the town, where she embarked on a life of crime, stealing what she needed to survive and just a little more, putting something by against a possible future when she might need it.

Her one fantasy in this apparently cruel world is that one day her parents will come back for her. She imagines them as being great heroes, warriors, fighting for the greater good. She knows, deep in her heart that they will never return, but her hope that she is wrong keeps her going. In moments of reality, when she acknowledges they are probably dead, she likes to think that they died heroically in battle. Of course, her natural cynicism tells her that her mother was most likely a whore and her father most likely a bandit.

The irony is that, unknown to her, her fantasy is not so very far from the truth...

I have tried not to make her too much of a "Mary-Sue", but if anything needs changing, let me know.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Dhi

Quote from: Ershin on June 26, 2015, 11:04:11 AM
Aww, I'm REALLY late to post interest on this, is there any room for further applicants or did I find this thread too late?
You are not too late, characters have just begun coming in! There's been a lot of interest, but not everyone who expresses interest will necessarily make a character. And, frankly, if we want to move to a loose sandbox structure, the more characters we have, the better.

Quote from: Crash on June 26, 2015, 06:29:18 PM
Dhi - Are you planning an opening scene we should be thinking about or are we going to run-a-muck for a bit first?
The first evening of the festival will be one scene, that's a key component. I like a tea house as a location where people might get together and kung fu duels between rival schools might happen. Perhaps the tea house employs some of our experienced courtesans to play hostess. We could use some additional locations, but, nothing too far from Pai Sun.

Dhi

Shin Min-hee is approved, with the exception of the iPhone product endorsement. Let's keep this game commercial-free! I love the ghosts of Jeju Forest. An old foresting camp with smoky charcoal kilns, village ruins and wronged ancestors sounds like a great location for the Black Crane cult.

Wu Cai is approved. The connection to Lord Chiang's house may put her in the middle of some intrigue between the Chiang and Lin families. I've been discussing with Idlewyld a plot involving Lord Chiang's house, and if that interests you, maybe we should plot together?

Hēinǐ  is approved. The idea that her parents will return for her has some interesting possibilities when dealing with ancestral spirits. If her parents are controlled by Black Crane cultists, there might be an arc to free ghosts such as Shin Min-hee's family and Hēinǐ's parents.

I'll have an OOC thread for plotting and an approved character thread for you to post your sheets today.

vin26m

名字 Name : Toy Kitana
功夫 Style : Kongtong
五行 Element : Fire
喜歡 Ons : Kindness, generosity, compliments, courage, surprises, affection
反感 Offs : Rudeness, cowardice

高度 Height : Tall (5'10", or 178 cm)
个子 Build : Muscular, busty, curvy
描写 Description : Kitana is a stunningly gorgeous, statuesque, alluring beauty with long black hair and brown eyes
个性 Personality : Outgoing, friendly, charismatic, polite, headstrong, attention-seeking, protective, seductive, teasing

传记 Story :

Kitana grew up in a city where she was sold by her impoverished merchant parents to a local lord to pay off a debt.  The lord intended to train her to be a courtesan and to use her for himself and his allies, but she ran away from home and ended up in the village of Pai Sun.

She started working at one of the village's tea houses as a server.  She was eventually practically adopted by the infertile owners of the tea house who saw her as the daughter they never had.  Her surrogate parents provided for her training at Kongtong and taught her how to entertain at the tea house.

Kitana is now a hostess and entertainer at the tea house, where kung fu duels between rivals schools occasionally happen.  She primarily entertains influential female clients with her dancing, singing and conversation. 

Her polite, friendly nature is indicative of the chivalrous, communal aspects of the Kongtong.  Even when the tea house is crowded, Kitana skillfully manuevers her body to avoid bumping into anyone.  She can tirelessly dance for clients, performing a show that features plenty of teasing with her fanblades. 

She has been intimate with a select few of the most wealthy, influential clients of the tea house, and she has also provided thorough thrashings to customers who have stepped over the line with her or other tea house workers.

Her parents and the lord who bought her have all died.

At the Kongtong school, Kitana mastered dual wielding fans.  Each fan can be used to create gusts of wind, allowing her to blow opponents off their feet, glide, enhance her jumping and leaping, and even fly limited distances.  She can also use the fans themselves as projectiles which return to her hand after being thrown, or she can remove the four daggers and use them in melee or for throwing.

She also uses the fans in her dance routines, opening and closing them to hide or reveal her body.  She also uses the fans to help clients cool down after one of her performances... or to fan their flames of desire for her.

Chrystal

I don't think Heini and Wu Cai are going to get on too well... *snigger*

By the way, if you put the Chinese characters of her name - 嘿你 - into Google translate, you'll see where the name comes from and why she has no family name!

Quote from: Dhi on June 27, 2015, 09:19:12 AM
Hēinǐ  is approved. The idea that her parents will return for her has some interesting possibilities when dealing with ancestral spirits. If her parents are controlled by Black Crane cultists, there might be an arc to free ghosts such as Shin Min-hee's family and Hēinǐ's parents.

Yay.

Hmm, hadn't thought of that, but yes, that could be quite interesting! Especially if it allows her to discover the truth about herself and her parentage.

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Dhi

Toy Kitana is approved. So we have a tea house owner, awesome!

We also now have a thread to post your approved characters, and an OOC as well.

Approved characters
OOC

Crash

Quote from: Chrystal on June 27, 2015, 12:48:01 PM

Yay.

Hmm, hadn't thought of that, but yes, that could be quite interesting! Especially if it allows her to discover the truth about herself and her parentage.

Works for me!

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Dhi on June 27, 2015, 09:19:12 AM
Wu Cai is approved. The connection to Lord Chiang's house may put her in the middle of some intrigue between the Chiang and Lin families. I've been discussing with Idlewyld a plot involving Lord Chiang's house, and if that interests you, maybe we should plot together?

Hooray!

Yes definitely! :)

I don't think Heini and Wu Cai are going to get on too well... *snigger*

What just because Heni is pretty much every single one of Cai's offs? :P

We need some sort of situation to develop where they are forced to interact with each other so I can drown the story in disdain.

Crash

By the way, if you put the Chinese characters of her name - 嘿你 - into Google translate, you'll see where the name comes from and why she has no family name!

Hey you!

Nicely done Chrystal. :)

Kadigan

I know everyone's probably got their characters mapped out in their heads and such, but I was curious if anyone who hasn't thrown one in yet might be interested in doing something with twins? I'm kind of considering a different direction.

RedPhoenix

I added this line to the personality section when I posted to sheets "She believes all intimate activities should take place behind closed doors and is disdainful towards public affection and erotic entertainment."

Just because I don't think that was clear from the first sheet.

Chrystal

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on June 27, 2015, 05:19:16 PM
I know everyone's probably got their characters mapped out in their heads and such, but I was curious if anyone who hasn't thrown one in yet might be interested in doing something with twins? I'm kind of considering a different direction.

OOoh, twins... If only you'd said that earlier, Barbara.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Chrystal on June 27, 2015, 05:37:58 PM
OOoh, twins... If only you'd said that earlier, Barbara.

One of you is quite enough! <3

...oh my god can you imagine what she'd get up to if she were twins.

Do it! dooooo it!

Vercile

I've been re-mapping as it were for my character. So I'm very suggestible ;)

I could actually use a bit of imaginative aide.

Kadigan

I was thinking kind of the typical Hawk/Dove situation, one aggressive,e the other shy, perhaps one has a more attacky demeanor, the other defensive. But that's just my first noodle at it. If anyone's interested maybe a PM discussion to suss it out?

And whose to say two bundles weren't left at separate places either..hehe.

Chrystal

Quote from: RedPhoenix on June 27, 2015, 05:41:58 PM
One of you is quite enough! <3

...oh my god can you imagine what she'd get up to if she were twins.

Do it! dooooo it!

One of whom? Me? Or Barbara? *giggles*

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on June 27, 2015, 06:01:04 PM
I was thinking kind of the typical Hawk/Dove situation, one aggressive,e the other shy, perhaps one has a more attacky demeanor, the other defensive. But that's just my first noodle at it. If anyone's interested maybe a PM discussion to suss it out?

And whose to say two bundles weren't left at separate places either..hehe.

Not sure quite how that would work. I'll sleep on it and have a think.

vin26m

Quote from: Dhi on June 27, 2015, 01:36:37 PM
Toy Kitana is approved. So we have a tea house owner, awesome!

Thanks.  I posted her sheet on the character thread.

She's more of an employee of the tea house than the actual owner.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

RedPhoenix

la dame en noir

Quote from: RedPhoenix on June 28, 2015, 07:29:17 PM
Plaaaay with uuuuusssss.

OHHH You're back! <3

I couldn't play tho...I always feel weird playing a character that doesn't look anywhere near like me - skin color wise. Its so pretty tho.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

RedPhoenix

Quote from: la dame en noir on June 28, 2015, 07:30:52 PM
OHHH You're back! <3

I couldn't play tho...I always feel weird playing a character that doesn't look anywhere near like me - skin color wise. Its so pretty tho.

Hi <3

And you could be a wandering mystic from the west! Or a caravan guard who decided to stick around! Or a merchant who is visiting! Or a shipwrecked sailor, or lots of other things. =)