Be Brave & Don't Die! [IC, Homebrew]

Started by Oreida Wesker, May 17, 2014, 05:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreida Wesker

Depiction Resembling the City of Sona, in the country of Tulk

Welcome to Noircliff Academy!
It's settled twenty miles North from the City of Sona, a traffic and import rich peninsula of the country, Tulk. It's the western continent in of the world, Aeris surrounded by the Hellion Ocean. It's overrun with fantasy beings both malignant and benign. Humans are not common place and are on the lowest tier in terms of population, though recently a new human settlements are opened within the continent. The Noircliff Academy, a famous Guild established by four heroic adventurers, is in their second term of accepting human applicants since they opened roughly a century ago..

Come, one and all! Join the Academy where you will earn quests and perform vigorous training to brave the perilous wilds. Make yourself as you wish to be, go through dungeons solo or with a party, travel the large world map, socialize with a new race, explore new settlements, and decide if your going to help good prevail or line your pocket with a dead man's coin! The only limit to this game is your own imagination as I will give you that chance to create your own challenges for others to complete, forge new weapons, create unique spells and expand your character's horizons.

If you're like me, you really want a game that keeps you grounded with depth to enrich the atmosphere, but without a lot of restrictions on what you can and can not do that hinder game play, am I right? A system should be there for flavor and balance!

Introducing the Delightful Cookie System [DCS].
This is the Beta Ver. 3, I think it'll be complete soon. ^.^ Read me~!

My Availability:
Every/other day. I'm usually in the late noon [3pm] or [5p-1a] evenings on Pacific Standard Time. Saturdays, I'll normally be here from [9am] Morning to Late Noon or all day. Never Sunday, that's D&D Day.

Approved Players:3; Faeli [Moon Elf, Lady], Galanthor [Fallarii, Lord], Laughing Hyena [Orc, Lord], Birchleaf [Dragon Elf, Lord], CarnivalOfTheGoat [Bovine Voliga, Lady]

Approved, Missing: PhantomPistoleer [Human, Lord], Dorian Grandale [Oran, Lord]

Pending: 0
Active Interest Posters: 0

THREADS!!

TULK: Approved Characters

TULK: OOC & Suggestions!

Delightful Cookie System [DCS]

RP THREADS:
TULK: Underway to Sona [Intro]

Map:
Tulk

Before you decide to Join me, Read 'Posting'.
Questions? Read Q&A in the next Post!

Posting:

• All posts must be in 3rd Person when writing for your PC.  If you Control NPCs you can write in 2nd or 3rd. If you run an event, you may write it in the story-style you are comfortable with.

• I would like to keep it fast pace, but 1 IC post a week is fine.

• Training and combat requires at least 100 words to earn XP in the system.

• You get booted if you don't leave notice for a whole month [30 days] after your last post.

• All player must have some experience and knowledge about writing detail, description, dialogue, expression, or movement. This is to keep up in challenging you to do your best for your character and writing.

• You are responsible for saving your character in your computer as it will be deleted unless you give the character to someone else. Do not leave it up to me. If you Leave, you must close out your own story with a good bye post.
]

Golden Rule: Creation is your limitation with Common Sense as your compass.
Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.

Oreida Wesker

What is the Story?
[/b]
Well, History says Empress Dejunae Lu'Caux wields control over the Sanguine Arts and used her charisma and power to put humanity on a high throne to banish the influence and the very existence of all other races in Sivita. Some were exiled, executed, enslaved, or became savages, but some were lucky enough to try adapting to new life in the lands of Tulk where all were banished. Occasionally, the 'undesirables' were still persecuted by humans and even their own outcast kind. Were there is wealth and power to be had, corruption and betrayal are not far behind.

There were the legendary Four Heroes composed of a Medusian, Voliga, Dwarfette, and a Human. They lead an army of Undesirables and other humans, starting the movement that toppled the Empress Witch.  Those whom opposed the witch was given wide notice that the day for freedom was coming and those whom supported the rebels should paint their doors and windows white. The population in all of Sivita was cut down from 150,ooo to 10,ooo by the end of what was know as 'The Cure'. Bodies vanished when the capital city, a central hub and location of the Empress' Palace, was eviscerated. In the twilight of dawn, the heroes attacked the north and south major cities to cut off all retreat and warning, slaying all whom served and rejected 'the Cure'. During the chaos, their inventor rigged their payload into a steam locomotive and Samuel Norcliff, a name that will never be forgotten, drove it into the Capital city where he gave his life. A combination of magic and technology expelled a great force of burning white fire left only scorched earth in it's wake and trees for miles were burnt down from the recoiled blast!

A few years later, Noircliff Academy was officially forged. As a inspiring decree of harmony and the pursuit of justice, it is a place were all races would be welcomed to train and further restore the community they once had.

Five scored later is where the story begins. Society has slowly forgiven one another, but battles and disputes over boarders and rights are still happening in small bursts, people are missing from scatter communities without connection, stories of strange creatures and unusual occurrences are surfacing around the lands of Tulk. It's a hard life, but someone has to live it.

Beyond that, the story unfolds in the game, not in OOC.
Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

Q&A
You don't have to read it, but skimming is good!

What RACES can I make?
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Elves that are fighting for rites to their forests and lands. Orcs with an inner struggle between the sons of Orgos; one, Korgoth, supports the harmonious trade and prosperity while the other, Vorgrim, stuck to the ways of a barbarian and scavenger. Dwarves, whom fight to see whom will sit the throne of the Blackstone Mountain and clear the tunnels of dark things lurking within. There are 7 various sub-types of beast-folk called, Voliga, and 10 types of Nymphs including 3 Element-composed ancient-kin. Humans whom are starting in this age of tools and industry, proving their place in the world as a worthy ally. Faeries pulling up the rear as a race that is rare and nearly wiped out from war, so far there have only been females left of the race.

... And then, that's not touching the often misunderstood and socially taboo, Bastard Bloodlines. There are 12 mixes available to play, that includes this worlds' version of Drows, Star child, Guardians, and Gnomes.

How is Magic done?
It's separated into two categories, True Magic [Long and Medium ranged] and Techniques [Physical buffs and Touch range] .You have a brain, create what you would like to see by painting an imagine with your words by following a base of questions like; Vivid description, effects desired, etc, and submit it to the GM for damage di to be assigned based off your level and knowledge. All spells and techniques can be upgraded.

What are you here for?
The Academy here is for people to hone their potential and for the instructors to distribute education to keep you alive on the road ahead. To keep the darkness of the world at bay, to keep anything like the 'Empire of the Sanguine Witch' from rising again.

What perks are here for playing?
Over 30 races with their own perks, magic, and troubles. Original Maps and Layouts drawn using Paint & Gimp. I will also allow you creative freedoms to help add to the world to make my world, our world. Just rmemebre that hte road is full of comprimises and there are standrads to meet. Help add a village, a new area, so on. As long as you follow some rules, you will be permitted to rule your creation; let it flourish or let it be destoryed? Hmmm.....

Then why is my character here?
Your story is your own. Finding a strange book on your resting place, there is a map directing you to the Northern Coast from the City of Sona. The note mentions 'You have potential for greatness. Feel free to burn the book, if you do not agree.' What a silly note, but it's true.. Isn't it?

That's where you can make a background and send it to me when you get the feel or if you know what you want out of your character. Do you seek vengeance from someone whom wronged you? Do you seek to control the powers swirling within? Are you really what you seem? You don't have to tell anyone, but it is advised to choose your battles wisely, especially within the Academy property. No deed goes unnoticed.

How is this story progressed?
30% GM narration and 70% Player Driven.  Why, 'cause maybe I could get a chance to play something I like. I don't have to, but I like the opportunity to know that I can join the fun is nice.

How are NPCs implemented into the story?
Just like playing D&D, Zelda, Catherine, Monkey Island, Witcher, Skyrim, or Pokémon games. NPCs are normally going to be haunting a certain area and it's your choice to talk to them or find out things for yourself. NPCs will approach if they feel the need to deliver news, events, quests. It is advised to use your judgment and reasoning to make these decisions of what your character shall do.

What about the Homebrew System?
Don't be scared! I give everyone personalized help with examples.
It's called Delightful Cookies, or DC for short. It's in BETA testing. I already had a trial on another site that offered good feedback. I will be tweeking it as we go along to fit game play efficiently. It's inspired from the freedoms that Savage Worlds and The Window allows to its' player. Your imagination and curiosity happens to be the limitation of this worl, with very few restrictions based on the character you build.

Example, having a character that's stealthy, but they're agility is 3 [average]. Your stealthy as a kitten in a shiny button factory, broh.

It's only two and half pages long on 'Microsoft Word' and it's everything you need to know in how to play, as it comes at you.

What Genre is this?

It has a contemporary anime style with tones of survival and intrigue at it's core. There will be a low grade of technological objects like firearms and the development of steam engines and automatons. Honestly, in a world of magic, a bit of auto mail and steam punk shouldn't be that unusual, it should be a hot taste of deliciousness that a fantasy game really needs now a days and I would like to serve it.

Can I have any gender or sexuality?

Feel free to fall in love with whom ever you want, given they're willing in OOC and it's agreed in advance for everyone's comfort.

There's only one set of genitalia, sorry, no herms. Traps, Pansexuals, and crossdressers are not unsual and are fine. LoopHole; you can get and eventually make kinky potions, including ones that make you herm for a day or until climax.

Sex? How Early?
Keep other player's O/O list in mind by keeping Non-Con settled OOC through PMs. If they don't answer back, then don't do it. Some characters like to be raped by certain people and not everyone. -snerks-

Aside that, it's your character, give out your bacon or make them work for it, I don't mind. Just remember, if you're not somewhere private, there might be a chance of a GM messing with you.... Cause sexual frustration is funny. 

'Sexual' Gross-ity Limits:
No Extreme nasty stuff like: Bodily Waste [vomit, watersports, or scat], Necrophilia, massive pregnacy, extreme musk/odor play, and Vore of any type... Snuff is never PvP.
Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

Oh, hey.. Um.. Had the q&a I was just getting up and formatted.

I will have to find a spot to post it up so I can link it.
Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

THe BESM core book is a good Back up to have. ^_^ Though it'll take me a few weeks to thoroughly know it as a proper GM should.

I really don't want to do something like D&D 3.5, I don't know it well at all...
And Nothing against Savage Worlds, 'cause it's awesome, but I don't think I can do it justice.
Hots and Nots

Dirtythesnapper

I am interested as long as someone is willing to help me understand the system and make a character sheet
True justice is quite simply the will of the Emperor.

Oreida Wesker

Well, that would be me. I give you all your starting stuff unique to your character but within your starting limits, of course.
Hots and Nots

Faeli

I am interested as well.  I am also SUPER tired, so I can't really wriggle with this tonight, but wanted to drop a happy :P

Faeli

Okays!  Now that I've had time to really sit and read everythings... uh... what do I do?  Hehe.  I don't see a link to the system or anything.  I see it discussed, but I'm not sure how to go about creating myself!

Oreida Wesker

Oh, this is an Interest Check.

I thought it would be presumptuous to put up Character Creation. If you like, then sure, I'll try and update. to emcompass the creation and still looking for a way to link up a system so the info could be here on E.
Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

Okay, here it is.  This is the system and template. I'll leave it here for you and update it on the first post as well so it won't be missed.
Introducing the Delightful Cookie System [DCS].
Hots and Nots

Fanshawe

Interested in this! Might get a sheet together if I find the time -
**my O/O and A/A are woefully dated. Feel free to PM :)

Oreida Wesker

Sweet.

Just don't be hasty, I would love for people to have plenty of time.
I
f I get at least 3 character sheets, I could start the game. That would form at least one good party.

Hots and Nots

Faeli

I am definately in!  I am waiting to make sure the game is gonna pick me up, before I go go.  keep me hanging on like a yo yo.

EroticFantasyAuthor

This looks rather interesting, though I'm not sure about learning a new system. Pathfinder(or D&D 3.5 in a pinch) guy myself.

Would it be a problem playing two characters? They would be sisters.

Oreida Wesker

DCS is a 15 minute read, it's barely a full front-to-back page and a half. You can literally pick up as you go along. The best way to learn is to dive in head first.  I'm a very negotiable person and I'm giving you a lot of creative space. ^_^

I will be a good GM, I will help and play with ya guys so you don't drown like chickens, you'll be sustainable like a ducky... Or a platypus.

Hots and Nots

EroticFantasyAuthor

Oreida Wesker

-cough cough- Super green

Heh.. Got so off topic.
Hots and Nots

EroticFantasyAuthor

Thank you, will get started working on them ASAP.  ;D

Faeli

Name:  Faori Maedi
Race:  Moon Elf
Level: 0  XP: /50
Sexuality: Reluctant Bisexual

Health: Will assign MP and HP in RTJ.
Magic:
Attribute Status:
Strength: 6
Perception: 5
Agility: 6
Constitution: 3
Knowledge: 3

appearance

Image by Kuso Otaku
Height:  5'5"
Eyes:  Speckled Red
Skin:  Slight swash of freckles across her shoulders
Marks: None

Acquired Skills: Sword-Fighting:  Faori was trained in the art of the sword by Moril Anteesh, a fellow elf who instilled within her the belief that battle must be elegant.  2D6
Avoidant:  During much of her interspecies training, Faori was seen as haughty and weak by many of the other races.  After a few bloody noses and sore asses too many, she learned how to avoid unwanted contact.  If she is aware of potential hostile interactions, she can typically avoid notice.  2D4
Contortionist:  As a child, Faori always had a burning curiosity and constantly explored all the hidden nooks and crannies she could find.  She is highly flexible and can manuever herself through spaces which would typically be too small for others.
Flutist:  Moril taught her to still her mind and gave her the flute to steady her passions.  She typically plays at least an hour a day as a form of self-reflection.

Signia:  Phase-stab
Using her connection with the realm of magic, Faori temporarily transports herself and any items she is holding into the land of magic for one second.  When she returns to the real world, she angles her blade to re-appear inside her opponent for an automatic backstab. 
MP Cost: 30
Single Target:  Double Weapon Damage, increased chance to hit (may need help figuring out the actual math on this!)
Restriction:  If restrained, is considered to be automatically "holding" her restraints, making it an ineffective escape skill.

Weapon:  Katana 2d6+2; STR 5 to wield
Armor:  Leather [5]
Inventory 2/5:
Tome
Bedroll

Tome 0/25

Tell me how I did!  I just sort of guessed on some of the number and have NO IDEA how HP and MP are calculated.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Name:  Edgar Calathan
Race:  Human
Level: 0  XP: /50
Sexuality: Reluctant Bisexual

Health: Will assign MP and HP in RTJ.
Magic:

Attribute Status:
Strength: 3
Perception: 3
Agility: 4
Constitution: 5
Knowledge: 6

appearance
Height:  6'1"
Eyes:  Enlightened Green
Skin:  Olive (Tanned)
Marks: Numerous scars from misfired spells

Acquired Skills:
Weapon:  Magic Missile  Edgar has always had a natural inclination for magic, and his very first manifestation involved magic missiling his mother's favorite cat an early age.  He has had to learn how to control such spurts of magic.  2d6
Knowledge:  Spellcraft  Edgar is a novice in magic, but has a fundamental understanding of how spells are created and how they function.  He is capable of identifying spells, too, but cannot yet replicate them.  2d4
Dodge:  Air Shield  Edgar has been victim to his own spells often enough that he acquired a knack at developing magical air shields to protect himself.  They are very effective against his magic missiles and other projectiles, but somewhat inefficient in melee.  2d2
Occupation:  Alchemist  When he came of drinking age, Edgar rather liked to ferment fruits to make alcoholic beverages.  The development of beverages might have a lot in common with alchemy, but Edgar actually learned alchemy to develop climbing and jumping potions to better retrieve fruit from trees. 2d4
Quirk:  Bird Enthusiast  Edgar loves birds.  He is able to identify different species at sight.  2d2

Signia:  Am not sure about this?

Weapon:  Katana 2d6+2; STR 5 to wield
Armor:  Leather [5]
Inventory 3/5:

• Tome
  • Dagger
  • Chest with 5x Changes of Clothes

Tome 0/25

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Birchleaf

I would like to express an interest as well. I am starting work on a character sheet now.

I will probably play as an elf of some type, and some sort of wizard/paladin hybrid. As soon as I figure out how to create that within the rules...

Oreida Wesker

You can PM me. I'm helping one player convert his pathfinder character into lvl 0 DCS, there's enough storyteller to do around..

@ Brichleaf:
A paladin is a occupation, it will guide how you wish to design your magic and also what or whom you serve, if you want that.
Wizards, what I understand, is a race class and can control a certain 'type of magic'. 

@ Faeli
You did beautifully for guestimations! Oh.. My first application..  I.. T-T So happy. -coughs- Okay..

Faori Maedi,  cute name. Lemme see, Moon Elf. -makes notes- I would love for us to set up some background as to what they are. I could see them coming from  the northern marshlands of Sequade so they would have knowledge of some Faerie tribes. Or if you prefer, the west coast of Kriss, she would know of a few water Nymph lagoons.

Hm, Love the image. Balanced Skill set.  Love the signia. -makes notes- I shall need to make markers on the Template.

HP:  60  MP: 60
Normally an elf would have more MP,  but you seem to have it a Technique Artist set up rather then a True Magi. Picking a sub race of Elven gave ya some more room to grow. Kudos!

Signia looks good.  MP Cost: 40. Single Target: Wep Dmg x2, +2 Sword skill
Restriction: If restrained by bindings, skill is ineffective for escape. Yes!
With cookie you can mod your Signia to Minus MP cost by 5 or up mod by +1. You'll be able to add more stuff to at lv 2.

Weapon. Katana. 2d6+2 is alright, 2d7+1 works, they're both 'rustic standard' weapons.  It's a popular tool in anime, yet despite it being a sword, it's a piercing weapon like a rapier. Light and fast, no way it uses 5 Str to lift a light thing like that. I think I shall make it an agility weapon.

Also make a Pouch. I'll be for money, you start with 10 silver

@ PhantomPistoleer

Edgar, lovely. ^_^  Human, D'aw!
Hmm. I know it may not matter to ya too much, but perhaps a more anime/manga proxy would be fitting. I'm sure you would probably find something that looks like in him a Ronin comic. Although, funny thing, he kind of looks like that character from Space Dandy..-coughs-

Hp: 50  Mp: 70
Magic missile is a spell, but not adequate to be a weapon or skill since it has no 'physical' form. Same with Air Shield, which should like it's used for blocking rather then dodging

Suggestion:
The Weapon Skill should be something he focuses his magic from; like  rods, staves, charkas, talismans, and/or idols. Select one and that will be his proficient 'weapon' for casting.
For dodge, you could just put him on Fleet-Footed or just as dodge, block, evasion, etc...

Signia is the inner art that can surface before the rp starts or work it up through RP. It's something that's yours forever, it can't be copied. If you chose not to have your signia yet, you can have 3 spells.
Hots and Nots

Faeli

Yaaaay!  I have found acceptance!  *fistpump!*

I picture the moon elves as a troop of elves (surprising I know!) that have become supremely comfortable at night.  Due to their low-light vision, I imagine they are mostly nocturnal, which probably makes Faori one of the world's most annoying friends, since she totally wants to hang out and do stuff while everyone else tends to sleep.  Coupled with the fact that her Signia could TOTALLY let her shift through a door, I figure she has probably gotten yelled at for coming to bother people on more than a few occasions :)

As for where they're from... I leave that tots up to you hun... you don't get to choose where you're from, after all!