News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

I won one!  Skin of my teeth (DAMN Annie is nasty, she hits way too hard on that map.)  But I am now 1 for 5.  Although at least this time I got the Sunfire Cape, which helped my health with Garen.

Oh, and I'm Kroduhk.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

The map doesn't change damage output. Annie always hits that hard. ;p

You want magic resist items to survive her burst, not armor. Health is good, and sunfire cape gives you health, but the armor it gives you does nothing to Annie's damage. A Banshee's Veil would serve you much better, providing both health and magic resistance (though the mana is wasted on Garen), or a Force of Nature.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Samael

Quicksilver sash.
Lets you escape the stun.

Also, fallen in love with Jungle Pantheon.
So much fun. And you can actually carry if your team fails.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Chris Brady

I wish there were solo/bot matches.  I need to learn the basic champions you're given.  Without the help of other humans who can shore up any deficiencies.  I need to know how to play well, before I play with others...

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Shjade

There are.

Play
-Custom
--Create Game
---Make a blind pick game on Summoner's Rift. Lock it with a random password. Just throw gibberish in there.
----In the lobby, click Add Bot. Add whatever bot you feel like adding.
-----Start game.

I also sent you a friend invite.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Samael on June 25, 2012, 11:23:56 PM
Quicksilver sash.
Lets you escape the stun.

Also, fallen in love with Jungle Pantheon.
So much fun. And you can actually carry if your team fails.

For Garren if you are watching Annie's sprite you can use judgement and she'll just damage you and runaway. 

Pantheon is good in the jungle but I prefer Udyr.

@Chris Brady-  I think honestly you should get Trist from liking LoL on Facebook.  I learned playing ranged characters so that I know when to move out of the way and when to dig in and nuke them.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Shjade

Same, though in my case it was Ashe, the simplest ranged carry: no fancy tools, no steroids to worry about timing for maximum effect. Just a wide AE attack, permanent slow, and one of the best teamfight initiation ultimates in the game. That's how you learn positioning. ;p
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Ashe is a good one to learn... Even though I refuse to get her.  Simple is the best way to start.  Once you get the hang of hit and run, knowing when to commit to kills and learning the range of your opponents you can work on skill shot characters and so on. 

Shjade

Why would you refuse to get Ashe? O.o
◕/◕'s

Ryven

Woo!  People to play with.  I'm gonna reinstall. :D

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on June 26, 2012, 03:36:50 PM
Why would you refuse to get Ashe? O.o

I don't like her, and I troll her in pvp.  Every time an Ashe wants to AD carry they get rolled by my Taric.

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 26, 2012, 04:46:28 PM
I don't like her, and I troll her in pvp.  Every time an Ashe wants to AD carry they get rolled by my Taric.

They're not a very good ashe then. :P  Of course, that could be said about any champion.  Just have to know how to play them.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Ryven on June 26, 2012, 04:50:41 PM
They're not a very good ashe then. :P  Of course, that could be said about any champion.  Just have to know how to play them.

This is true, but honestly I don't like her.  Though I hate Jax the most..... 

Ryven

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 26, 2012, 04:55:52 PM
This is true, but honestly I don't like her.  Though I hate Jax the most..... 

The reason I like her is because she's easy to pick up, easy to play, and she's easy to work with because most other people know her mechanics and can work with her.  She's also got pretty long range.  People fail with her because they're overconfident with her and they do stupid shit like overextending, not watching their map, and play total offense with no escape plan or ability.

Shjade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 26, 2012, 04:46:28 PM

First, you know she's not actually a person, right? You can't troll her. >.>

Second, I don't see how Taric could possibly hope to "roll" Ashe. She outranges him and he has no way to escape her once he's slowed; his stun doesn't last nearly long enough. Armor is great and all, but when your only hope of survival is "run away until you reach a turret or a teammate who can actually do damage to Ashe," that doesn't sound like "rolling" to me.

Oh, did you maybe mean, "My AD carry rolls her when I support them with Taric?" That I would find more plausible, depending on who's supporting Ashe in turn, and who your carry is, and then junglers and, oh wait, what's this, it's a team game?

My god. The sky, it's...it's full of stars.
◕/◕'s

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on June 26, 2012, 05:07:44 PM
First, you know she's not actually a person, right? You can't troll her. >.>

Second, I don't see how Taric could possibly hope to "roll" Ashe. She outranges him and he has no way to escape her once he's slowed; his stun doesn't last nearly long enough. Armor is great and all, but when your only hope of survival is "run away until you reach a turret or a teammate who can actually do damage to Ashe," that doesn't sound like "rolling" to me.

Oh, did you maybe mean, "My AD carry rolls her when I support them with Taric?" That I would find more plausible, depending on who's supporting Ashe in turn, and who your carry is, and then junglers and, oh wait, what's this, it's a team game?

My god. The sky, it's...it's full of stars.

Hate to break it to you but I play AP Taric or a support/ap hybrid.  I'm built to take and deal out damage.  And considering cooldown reduction and mana regen that I stack healing and staying in a fight isn't hard.   Now I said ashe not if she has a laning partner, if she has support that is a different story. 

SinXAzgard21

Anyways, who is loving the login times?

Ryven

Sin, I'm going to PM you with my account name.

Chris Brady

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 26, 2012, 10:16:40 AM
@Chris Brady-  I think honestly you should get Trist from liking LoL on Facebook.  I learned playing ranged characters so that I know when to move out of the way and when to dig in and nuke them.

Ignore the fact that I hate ranged characters, how do I get Trist now that I Liked LoL?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on June 26, 2012, 06:16:27 PM
Ignore the fact that I hate ranged characters, how do I get Trist now that I Liked LoL?

Should have her in you champ line up or go to the league website and claim your reward.

Gavlois

Hope this Unapproved member isn't intruding here.

You can get Tristana and Alistar for free. Tristana is from their Facebook page. There should be a link somewhere. You can get Alistar for free on the Riot Games Inc. youtube channel. I personally love Alistar as a tank since he has so much CC. Once he gets his ult, he is virtually invincible, assuming you know how to get out of a fight :P
O/O

Chris Brady

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 26, 2012, 07:16:00 PM
Should have her in you champ line up or go to the league website and claim your reward.

Just like that?  Awesome!

Time to get allister too!

The Golden Touch

I started with Ashe for a little while, but soon switched to Morgana. Then, that morphed into Caitlyn because she's just BA... Atleast in my hands I suppose.

I'm happy to play with you, Ry or Chris!

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Shjade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 26, 2012, 05:23:03 PM
Hate to break it to you but I play AP Taric or a support/ap hybrid.  I'm built to take and deal out damage.  And considering cooldown reduction and mana regen that I stack healing and staying in a fight isn't hard.   Now I said ashe not if she has a laning partner, if she has support that is a different story.

Oh, I know Taric can deal damage. He just shouldn't be able to deal damage to Ashe specifically, since she can kite him all day every day. Stun's on a fairly long cooldown if he can't stay in melee range to reduce it with hammer-smacking and all his damaging moves require close range as well, so...yeah. If you can't kill her in that first stun burst, you're not killing her.
◕/◕'s