Mafia Murder Theater: A Midsummer Night's Dream - Understudies Win!

Started by desert ashes, September 03, 2010, 02:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert ashes

On Stage"A lion among ladies is a most dreadful thing."   (Lynch Voting!)

Cast and Crew
Kyrsa (1) - Leorobin
Leorobin (1) - Marikir
Lucius Cornelius (1) - Aiden
Marikir (1) - Xandi
The Unholy Potato (1) - Kyrsa
Aiden
Imogen
Lypiphera
Marguerite
Remiel
Valerian
Xandi

Still Voting: Imogen, Lucius Cornelius, Lypiphera, Marguerite, Remiel,  The Unholy Potato, Valerian
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Autumn52

Xandi was clearly shaken by the sight of Natalia swaying. She was grateful when Leorobin has cut her down and covered her. Xandi couldn't believe that such a gentleman would be responsible for something so terrible so she decided to look closer at Marikir.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Lucius Cornelius

Lucius look around , and his mouth open in surprise when Aiden points to him.

what are you saying?  i didn't follow to her chambers, i went to chambers to visit other person and came back before she goes, im sure that all of you see then , and there is no love triangle as you say, my heart belongs only to one person.

I find suspicious that you acuse me, in fact i think Aiden has to explain a lot of things.

Imogen

Imogen shivered, closing her copy of the play. "I can't believe this is happening." She blinked against her tears and angrily wiped the back of her hand over her eyes. "Natalia's only crimes were being both beautiful and talented. Who could have done this?" She listened to the accusations and bit her bottom lip. "I..." About to agree with Kyrsa, she stopped short. "No, you can't... I want to play Helena. I've been rehearsing that part over and over, and I know it by heart! Isn't Hermia more your style? Beautiful and loved by all? Strong, even when Puck's meddling leaves her lover chasing after Helena? I think you should audition for Hermia, dear Kyrsa."

"Oh... and I think you're right about The Unholy Potato. I saw him looking when she went backstage. I thought it was cute then, but now...." She averted her eyes and rubbed her arms. "I don't feel safe with him around."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Val stood back, pale with shock.  This was just like all the terrible stories she'd heard!  And now she was living through them.  Was any play worth this?

As Imogen finished, Val slowly shook her head.  "Everyone looked at Natalia," she said quietly.  "Her talent turned everyone's head.  But maybe Xandi's right, and Marikir knows something."
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Marikir (2) - Xandi, Valerian
The Unholy Potato (2) - Kyrsa, Imogen
Aiden (1) - Lucius Cornelius
Imogen (1) - Remiel
Kyrsa (1) - Leorobin
Leorobin (1) - Marikir
Lypiphera
Marguerite
Remiel
Valerian
Xandi

Still Voting: Lypiphera, Marguerite,  The Unholy Potato
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Marikir

Marikir's eyes widened as a couple turned to him, their questions turning sharp.

"I promise you, I had nothing to do with Natalia's demise.  I don't even know enough about any of you to wish good or ill to any of you.  All I know is that I'm here to act.  I have no need to cause anyone to die just to satisfy a selfish urge to be on the stage.  I'm content to take whatever comes my way."

He glanced around, wondering if an unseen cadre would unite against him and turn the others against his innocence...or if it was already too late.  He suspected that if he had already crossed them, he would not long survive, no matter the outcome of this discussion.  He could only plead his innocence.

"I swear, I am not to blame for her death."

Remiel

Remiel turned pale and solemn.  It appeared that the curse of the Grand De Chantal Theater had arisen once more.  It would be only a matter of time before the police would find out, and then, as sure as anything, the media would pick up the scent, and then a plague of reporters and magazine writers would be unleashed.  Remiel could see the headlines now:

CURSED THEATER CLAIMS ANOTHER VICTIM
"Natalia" An Unlucky Name, Say Experts

On the plus side, well, at least it guaranteed a full house.  People were suckers for scandal.  No matter how well--or how badly--the show went, at least every seat would be filled, he thought grimly.

As for who the perpetrator was--he really had no clue.  He did not know any of the cast well enough to cast aspersions. Guessing randomly, he wondered if perhaps Imogen was to blame?

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

The Unholy Potato

The Unholy Potato fretted and squirmed as first Krysa and then Imogen turned against him, clearly terrified by the accusations. "I, um, don't know why you think I'm to blame, but, uh, I swear I knew nothing of what occurred until I read about it in the, um, paper," he said nervously. "I don't know why Kyrsa and Imogen are, um, inventing reasons to accuse me, but I, um, admit to being a bit bothered by it, as might be noticeable. I don't take any pleasure from doing so, but, uh, I would admit that I can't help but feeling that, um, Imogen or Krysa might be making their accusations to conceal their own guilt. Though, I'll say that I lack any suspicion of Marikir and desire to steer clear of blind mob mentality that might lead to unfortunate, um, rashness?"

The last statement-question hung in the air tremulously as the round little man frowned quizzically, wondering if his words had swayed any among his fellow actors.

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Marikir (4) - Xandi, Valerian, Marguerite, The Unholy Potato
The Unholy Potato (3) - Kyrsa, Imogen, Marikir
Imogen (1) - Remiel
Kyrsa (1) - Leorobin
Leorobin
Lypiphera
Marguerite
Remiel
Valerian
Xandi

Still Voting: Lypiphera
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Marikir

As another accusation turned his way, Marikir couldn't help but laugh slightly.

"Well, I suppose that decides it then.  I warn you all though...ridding yourself of me will only weaken those of you who are true and valuable members of the cast.  I hope that those of you left can find the trail by looking close at how this has gone.  That's the only comfort I'll take from this."

His eyes glanced upward for a few moments, before coming back down to his accusers, a wry smile on his lips.  "You either know I'm clean or are being led by those who know I'm innocent."

He then turned to the rest of the cast.  "You have to believe me, I am innocent of this.  Do not let them do this."

He looked at each of them in the eye, at least, those who would meet his gaze.  He suspected far too few would, though.  He briefly considered changing his vote to tie it up again...but that would avail him nothing, with the producer voting against him.  Still...it was all he could do.  "Unholy Potato" he stated, softly.  He hated doing this...but the others had forced his hand.

The Unholy Potato

The Potato eyed his latest accuser tiredly, but nodded in acceptance. "Fair enough, then. I will return the favor, Marikir. I had hoped to avoid blame, at least to start, but if it is necessary to take such steps to keep my own name clear, then I think I will take them. I apologize. If you'll excuse me, this has all rather turned my stomach, so I will return in a bit." So saying, he rubbed his neck uncomfortably and then turned away, wandering off towards the bathroom.

Lypiphera

"Love and hate are but opposite sides of the blade..." Lypiphera said thoughtfully. "I fear it is perhaps Lucius who has the most to answer for in this crime."

She gazed sadly around at the assembled cast, "Perhaps though, this is what the killer wants, for us to be questioning one another and seeking to undermine our unity as a cast rather than casting a wider net to catch him, or her... "

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Marikir (4) - Xandi, Valerian, Marguerite, The Unholy Potato
The Unholy Potato (3) - Kyrsa, Imogen, Marikir
Imogen (1) - Remiel
Kyrsa (1) - Leorobin
Lucius Cornelius (2) - Aiden, Lypiphera
Leorobin
Lypiphera
Marguerite
Remiel
Valerian
Xandi

Call Backed: 6 Thespians, 1 Director, 1 Stage Manager and 3 Understudies

Despite all his protests Marikir's fate was sealed.  One by one the stage lights fell to a hushed dim until only a single spotlight remained on the man who had been destined to be Oberon, proud King of the Fairies and the estranged love of the beautiful Titania.  . 

"And the imperial votaress passed on,
In maiden meditation, fancy-free.
Yet mark’d I where the bolt of Cupid fell:
It fell upon a little western flower,
Before, milk-white, now purple with love’s wound, —
And maidens call it love-in-idleness. "

As his final words were uttered upon the stage, the noose came swooping down around his neck and the theater collapsed into darkness as the trap door gave way sending the Thespian Marikir to a shallow grave.  They had lost an innocent among them.

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Lypiphera

Lypiphera's hand rose unconsciously to her throat as she watched the noose take Marikir into the bowels of the theatre bellow. She swallowed as his body jerked into the darkness of the empty stage and closed her eyes against the sight of his final dance as it seared into her mind.

"Farewell, Marikir" she whispered softly from the dimmed auditorium.

Imogen

"He was a kind and honest man." She said quietly, turning from the gruesome sight. The handsome Marikir would never star as the Faerie King, and had joined his Titania in death. There was a sad symbolism in the two deaths, and she nervously thumbed through the pages, somewhat glad she'd never had the intention to try out for Puck.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

The Unholy Potato

The Unholy Potato rubbed his face unhappily and wandered off a few steps before plopping down on the stage. "Well, that was horrifyingly predictable. I didn't suspect him, of course, but I didn't want to die, either. I hope none of you such an action of self-defense against me."

He glanced up at his peers, then turned away again, muttering to himself, "Not that I'd be surprised if you did, anyway."

desert ashes

"If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumber'd here
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding, but a dream... "

Kyrsa's voice carried clear across the empty stage and across the darkened house as she slowly crossed to stage center.  So enraptured with the lines of Puck the Thespian didn't see the swinging axe until it was too late.  Lethally it swung out in a brutal arc; Kyrsa's scream shattered into the theater just as the spotlight flared out. 

Who among them could have slain the actress destined for the mischievous Robin Goodfellow?

Cast and Crew
Aiden
Imogen
Leorobin
Lucius Cornelius
Lypiphera
Marguerite
Remiel
The Unholy Potato
Valerian
Xandi

Still Voting: Aiden, Imogen, Leorobin, Lucius Cornelius, Lypiphera, Marguerite, Remiel,  The Unholy Potato, Valerian, Xandi

Call Backed: 5 Thespians, 1 Director, 1 Stage Manager and 3 Understudies
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Zelric Miras

Two shocking death had followed one after the other. Certainly neither were nice ways to die. Unconsciously, Leorobin massaged his throat as he remembered the ghastly sights of both murders. A sigh issued form his lips as he returned to his lines, quick glances were casted to those around occasionally.  Aiden was amongst those that were not within his sight.

Valerian

Poor Kyrsa.  Poor Marikir!  Val could hardly bear thinking about those two terrible losses.  But those losses also had to be avenged, somehow, and she must try to reason out who could have been capable of such an act -- though as of yet, she had painfully little in the way of facts.  Perhaps Imogen might know something about the murders, shocking as that would be.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Lucius Cornelius

After clean his tears for another killing he look around, the cold look of Marguerite tell him that she knows more that she says.

Remiel

"Marikir and Kyrsa both voted for The Unholy Potato," pointed out Remiel.  "And now they are both dead.  Coincidence?  Okay, yes, probably it is; but at this point, it's the only lead that we have."

desert ashes

Cast and Crew
Aiden (1) - Leorobin
Imogen (1) - Valerian
Marguerite (1) - Lucius Cornelius
The Unholy Potato (1) - Remiel
Leorobin
Lucius Cornelius
Lypiphera
Remiel
Valerian
Xandi

Still Voting: Aiden, Imogen, Lypiphera, Marguerite, The Unholy Potato, Xandi

Call Backed: 5 Thespians, 1 Director, 1 Stage Manager and 3 Understudies
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

She rubbed the bridge of her nose, her expression pained as she thought. It was important that she tried to reason. Kyrsa and Marikir had been killed, the murderers must have left a clue somewhere, if only she could find it. She glanced at Remiel and bit her lip. Surely it wasn't possible that such a handsome man had anything to do with the deaths... "Perhaps it's what we're meant to think," she mused aloud. "That The Unholy Potato is meant to be a scapegoat. I am not too convinced, and without further evidence I am reluctant to condemn him."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]