Dragon Riders of Pern [Interest Check]

Started by Majere Dreavan, January 14, 2017, 01:25:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Majere Dreavan

I put up a list of important characters, but feel free to make sheets for something that isn't listed, just regular dragon riders, keep in mind there are very few of certain types, the Wiki Link is again the "Skies of Pern" logo

SweetSerenade

Also please note that our Jr. Weyrwoman position that IS available is a position that is a 'try out for' position. Essentially we will be accepting several applications for her, and whoever we think is the best fit for the game will be the one chosen.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask!

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

hiddenwithin

I would certainly like to try out for her - or even the one that isn't open at the moment down the road. *laughs*

Looking at the various information - it's been ages since I read the books. I might have to dig them out and give them another quick read-through again!

Wheeler97

I am tentatively interested... Just began a new 1v1 and need to be sure I can keep up with my partner before I commit to anything else. One post per week should be a manageable minimum, though.

As for what I'd play, I'm not sure yet. Obviously the immediate draw is a Rider, or even a candidate would be fun. Are you primarily looking to fill Weyr positions first, with the level of interest so far? Alternatively I'll consider a Journeyman of one of a few different crafts, or a Holder, either a Lord or a child of... So, apparently I'm really just considering everything. Such is my problem.

SweetSerenade

Just make sure to read over all the info, we have a lot of 'new' things available based on how we work. xD I would encourage EVERYONE that is joining to read all of the info created for Skies of Fire, because there is a lot you need to know about how this game works. :3

The Dark Raven

I am halfway done with my app for the gold.  I may make another minor character if my brain lets me (or an alternate if the gal doesn't pass muster). :)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

SweetSerenade

Well we are trying to get 3-5 apps for the Gold Rider (as she'll be the only playable one) - so we have a decent range to choose from. :3

Caela

My question probably got missed in the flurry of posting, but do you guys still have the sheet I sent in or do you need me to resend it?

Wheeler97

Quote from: Caela on March 07, 2017, 02:17:02 PM
My question probably got missed in the flurry of posting, but do you guys still have the sheet I sent in or do you need me to resend it?

If I may... There is an entry with your name in the Wiki category of Pern-SOF.

Quote from: SweetSerenade on March 06, 2017, 10:37:37 PM
Just make sure to read over all the info, we have a lot of 'new' things available based on how we work. xD I would encourage EVERYONE that is joining to read all of the info created for Skies of Fire, because there is a lot you need to know about how this game works. :3

There's so much there! SweetSerenade and Majere Dreavan, you have done a wonderful job on this so far. I've done my best to read over at least twice on most sections. xD If anything, the more I read the more I keep thinking up new options, rather than narrowing them. Still, I'm tempted to write up a Lord Holder's Son that is less than pleased with still tithing after a pass is 150 turns late. Who needs dragons when thread should never come again? Undecided on their stance on technology.

SweetSerenade

Caela I haven't been able to dig your submission up. Unfortunately. That entry that was found was for the 'accepted' character before I was paired up with a new co-GM. That's from the previous version that I tried to run.

As for you, Wheeler, You are welcome to be a Lord Holder's son, just make sure to review the ones that actually have children and anything like that. I put more than enough information there. I'd look into the ones that are tied to the Igen Weyr Territory first, and keep in mind that if it's the Heir they won't ever get searched. xD

Caela

Quote from: SweetSerenade on March 07, 2017, 04:05:27 PM
Caela I haven't been able to dig your submission up. Unfortunately. That entry that was found was for the 'accepted' character before I was paired up with a new co-GM. That's from the previous version that I tried to run.

As for you, Wheeler, You are welcome to be a Lord Holder's son, just make sure to review the ones that actually have children and anything like that. I put more than enough information there. I'd look into the ones that are tied to the Igen Weyr Territory first, and keep in mind that if it's the Heir they won't ever get searched. xD

I'll find it and resubmit.

Resent

Amarlo

Oh man... I read this series back when I was in middle school. It has been a loooong time, I barely remember anything about it anymore!

I have interest, but I don't feel confident enough with my knowledge anymore to step back into the setting, so I think I'll just end up becoming one of your dedicated game stalkers. :P

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

hiddenwithin

Quote from: Amarlo on March 08, 2017, 07:22:18 PM
Oh man... I read this series back when I was in middle school. It has been a loooong time, I barely remember anything about it anymore!

I have interest, but I don't feel confident enough with my knowledge anymore to step back into the setting, so I think I'll just end up becoming one of your dedicated game stalkers. :P

Be one of the hold members. Or a crafter.. Or.. there's a lot you can do, I'm certain! :)

SweetSerenade

We also provide a ridiculous amount of information for hour our particular setting works. xD

Wheeler97

Quote from: Amarlo on March 08, 2017, 07:22:18 PM

Oh, there are plenty here that you could always chat with about it. Most of everything in the Wiki that Sweet and Majere have set up should be enough to manage. I've only the main three books under my belt. There's a lot I don't know about the story, particularly AVAIS, but I'm willing to learn.

Sweet, I had seen a comment from Majere back a ways about runners... Are even the pro-technology Holds and Weyrs falling back on them? What's the state of telegrams in your game, do you think? The first were being built by the Smiths in Dragonquest, if I recall correctly.

Amarlo

Such vile tempters and temptresses! Dx

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

SweetSerenade

Runners are still the main source, and while there are telegraph lines between Major holds - You can't expect even cotholds or minor holds to have as much access. Runners and Dragons are still the best way to get messages delivered faster than by foot.

hiddenwithin

*peeks in again*

Checking in, seeing what's up! :)