StarGate......

Started by DarkAngel, October 07, 2009, 09:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyung Soon

Name: Dr. Avery Natalia Kovalevsky-Richter.
Sex: Female.
Race: Tau'ri.
History: Avery grew up in a strict, traditional Ukrainian family until the age of eight when her father died and mother remarried an American marine. Though both she and her twin sister were adopted by their new stepfather, Avery chose to keep her biological father's last name in an effort to stay connected to him. (She was closer to him, than to her mother, and grew up resenting her mother for marrying so quickly after his death.) She is exactly two minutes younger than her identical twin Anastasia, however she is often seen as the more responsible and mature of the pair.

After graduating from high school, Avery followed a longtime dream of being part of something pertaining to the medical field. At first, she studied to be a simple radiologist, but her fascination with science, anatomy, and physiology tempted her to pursue a more in-depth career. Quite the driven, independent woman, Avery completed her studies and became a certified medical practitioner before the age of twenty-five, making her one of the youngest in the field. A quick learner and talented doctor, her reputation preceded her on many occasions and within a year -- with the influential recommendation of her stepfather -- she gained a spot as one of the chief practitioners of a military base hospital.

Through her relocation to SGC, Avery also happened to marry an eccentric man, Nathan Richter, after a long four years of debatable dating. As he finds his feet with the SG community, Avery holds her options open; her skills and knowledge are valuable tools, so she is willing and able to work any place in need. Her wanderlust and curiosity are forever eager to satisfy her ambitions for opportunities of more.
Looks:
[Click on the thumbnails for reference!]

Avery stands at an intimidating 5'10 (or well, intimidating when she chooses to wear her five inch heels...) and weighs an average 136 lbs. She has a very lithe and limber body, conditioned like a seasoned swimmer, with legs that seem to go on forever. Though she lacks an hourglass figure, Avery does have a generous bust that gives her a sense of womanly greatness. (She often finds herself wishing she was softer in most places, but Nathan doesn't seem to mind her flexible and thin form at all!) Avery has large, dark heterochromic eyes -- a mix of coffee brown and emerald green hues fight for dominance over her irises -- surrounded by thick lashes, and a deep, honeyed complexion that seems almost exotic with her thick brows and wide mouth. To top off her Ukrainian heritage, Avery sports luxuriously thick dark brown hair (usually kept at mid-back length), as well as a gentle splash of freckles across her nose and shoulders.
Extra: She has an asymmetrical tea set tattooed across her lower back with the words: "Curiouser and curiouser..." in script along the bottom. She also wears a white-gold wedding band around her left ring finger, set with alternating studs of diamond and amethyst.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

[I am currently:] OKAY. So like. Yea.

Kyung Soon

Just to say.

XD @Cwand: I'm thoroughly alarmed that you have an Asian that goes by Kat. For I am Asian and I go by Kat. It was like: "Whoa."

<3 Also. @rubyslippers: I want to hump your avatar. >>;
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

[I am currently:] OKAY. So like. Yea.

Kate

with 2 doctors and 2 leaders and 2 techy's so far ...
another historian and we have 2 sg teams.

sg-1 and sg-2 perhaps ?

Kate

hey rubyslippers - cool your here !

I guess benevolent Gauld is different to tokra as the tokra is effectively a society with certain values.

The belevolent Gauld though - what would convince SG that they are trustworthy enough to be part of the team ?

Personally I though those "replicators in human form" would be nastier but they may be too powerful and be unbalancing.

kckolbe

Definitely down for two groups.  Any suggestions on how to break things up?  I know gender ratio will be a factor.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

KunoichiRogue5

I dunno, the benevolent Goa'uld could easilly be like Te'lk. They could be a Jaffa that disliked how their people are treated, or like Hathor, and just looking to return to power. Or if she truly is benevolent then she could just have gotten tired of how the System Lords worked and began to wage a war against them, only to have been sealed away by them.
"You will obey the darkness, and aid your new master."
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Kate

An ancient may be more novel, or 1/2 asguard lol.

I think the most practical way for characters to be grouped would be from their posting rate
(in the stargrate ic thread) - again pixies call, also it may be that storytelling could be shared if pixie feels two groups is too much for the rate all want to post at (many im sure would love to share the reigns - fastest way to have our own sub-board - still early days yet - lets see how things go)

CWand

I agree :) hehe...although i'm still kinda iffy on the whole goa'uld in the base idea...
If the universe is infinite, and there are an infinite number of universes that could exist, there must be by definition of the world infinite, an infinite number of worlds, and possibilities out there, and somewhere our lives played out with no regrets, fears, or discomfort.  If only that worked in practice....

Ons and Offs

KunoichiRogue5

Do we have anything set up yet? I just don't wanna be caught off guard.
"You will obey the darkness, and aid your new master."
-Daigotsu

O/Os

Kate

so far no ...still in the phase of people are posting candidate characters.

DarkAngel

Well , I got to look at characters and see where I want you all .. Right now I think I just might put up a main base that way that way if we are all at Home base we all report there regardless....

Now I have some writing to do because this is going to split in three threads.. Home , Mission 1 and Mission 2 .....further missions will be set later date but for now I'm going with the basics that way we can all learn each other ... and learn the planet your on....

By the way I will be in both threads... so on that note.... Sunday I should have three threads...Kate I will give you a basis on who you get later k

Kate

sounds good ...

(oh small thing - you were talkng about IC threads - cool (I assume you will have the two ooc threads (occ and characters)

can't wait  !

DarkAngel

Pretty much... I'm going to set these threads somewhere .. sighs I need to do it and set up who goes where .. I'm going to work on that tommorrow ..

Kate

(Cool - btw all dont read too much in who gets assigned to what team i think things may move around after each mission a lot for those keen on keeping with this theme - i dont know for sure but it does feel like it would)

DarkAngel

mmmm Now I got to go to bed and think...

Doktor Sleepless

NAME: Dr. John Kurt Reindhart.
OCCUPATION: MD, Psychiatrist, Chemistry, Psychopharmacology, Psychology.
Height: 1.80. Weight: 75 kg.

John Kurt Reindhart was born in Bonn, Germany, in 1982, son of Helmut Reindhart, a German doctor, and Elizabeth Masters, an American nurse. From a young age, he was interested in medicine, like his parents, and in fact, lived most of his life around hospitals, but thankfuly, not as a patient. With a normal childhood, and a regular adolescence, he enrolled in Bonn University, to become a doctor like his father.

From an early age he showed prodigious memory; which coupled with his high intelligence made him excel in all academic pursuits. He also exhibited remarkable willpower, sometimes bordering in stubborness.

During his college years, he became engrossed in studies about methods to expand perception; be it drugs, hypnotic therapies, or even machines. He worked as a paramedic, closely with police, where he learned something about the streets, a bit he also picked up as a teen hanging out with his cousins and "slumming it" back in the US, scoring drugs, etc.

He started college at 16; graduated as a general practitioner of medicine at 20; by 23 he had his psychiatry and psychology degrees; and by 25 he had his chemistry doctorate and his psychiatry specialization in psychopharmacology.

John loves to party, drink, do drugs, have sex; but knows when to work and when to party. Since his teens, he's played the guitar on and off with amateur bands; usually under the name of Doktor Sleepless.

Recently, he's grown disatisfied with his life; and didn't know what to do about it. However, he was contacted by SGC, who think his skills would be valuable to their mission.

1SAZ

Before I go about trying to make a character, I figure I should as a rather important question...

Are you still accepting? If so, I will have my character up by the end of the night. Otherwise, I wish you all the best of luck on your missions.

DarkAngel

yes Saz we are this will always be open

ALL FORUM APPS GO HERE :https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=49678.0

DarkAngel

Ok Group 1
DPA
Kyung Soon
Zyvlyn
Arkaniel1
Kunioch Rogue

Sorry if I spelled your name wrong

Group Two
Kate
cwand
Dok
Kckolbe
1saz

If i missed anyone or you didn't put an app in let me know and I will put you in a group...
I'm making One ooc thread...

DarkAngel

CAPTAINS PLEASE PICK A NUMBER BETWEEN 1-10

ok .. I am going to make a Base thread where both groups can meet up and chat .. Till I send each group through the gate ... Kate.. I will pm you and let you know what plots I want .. I will be the narrator for Group 2 ... So if you see a goddess its just me j/k

I will start up each thread for the planets that your exploring .. Each Stargate will have there own name... Please take note... I plot and plan all things .. So those that wonder whats going to happen next *Evil GRin * you may never not know ... Except Kate .. and My other Good Captain

Kate

Tell me whats going to happen ? right ... sure you will ! lol !

"That's what generals always say, sure they tell me some things, but its never all they know ... they always have these reasons to be vague where it counts the most, perhaps they don't have time to do anything else, but perhaps its for the best"

Alice finishes putting together her ceramic pistol after cleaning it and removed a blindfold she deliberately wore for the endeavor.

"It does make things interesting"

One fluid motion had the gun loaded and in a holster behind one of shoulders, now matching another at her hip.

"A little mystery keeps ones eyes and wits sharp"

Although all knew Alice did push the limits of her rank's implications and beyond, salutes she never dispensed with, and after standing and assuming something resembling a pirouette, a respectful one from her found the General promptly.

"Captain Velnze reporting for duty Miss, permission requested to select standard mission equipment for my team members"

After the sentence her face relaxed from formality.

"I'm sure glad is you running this place Maame, and not one of those red-tape worshiping pen pushers I am used to"

OOC: Now posting in ... official game occ

(has my response to the number selection between 1 and 10 also)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=49680.new#new

CWand

If the universe is infinite, and there are an infinite number of universes that could exist, there must be by definition of the world infinite, an infinite number of worlds, and possibilities out there, and somewhere our lives played out with no regrets, fears, or discomfort.  If only that worked in practice....

Ons and Offs

DarkAngel

DarkAngel

We are still open for more players .... Also we are open for players that want to be on a diffrent worlds

Arkaniel

If sheppar hadn't been alowed, I was working on a tok'ra... I could still make it if you want