The Elder Scrolls: Vvardenfell

Started by Moxy, August 01, 2013, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moxy

Hi all, I'm wondering if anybody would be interested in being in an Elder Scrolls themed RP.

I would take the place of Story Teller, and ideally have 2-4 players. The *system* I want to use would be extremely simple. You pick five skills (from the morrowind skill list) these are skills that you are good at, you then pick five more skills, these are skills that you are poor at, everything else you are simply considered to be not that great at but capable of doing if you needed to. You would also choose whether your character was magic, combat or Stealth oriented. Race would be mostly a roleplaying choice, but things like a nords resistance to frost or a Bretons resistance to magic would come into play. I'm going with this extremely simplistic system because I want a focus on Roleplaying above anything else. There won't actually be any dice involved, these *skills* will be more like character traits.

The game would be a mix of exploration, combat and character interaction. Set before the Nerevarine arrived in Morrowind (Pre Elder Scrolls III), you'd be adventurers hired by the East Empire Trading Company to investigate strange happenings on the Island of Vvardenfell.

Of course, at least some basic level of knowledge of the Elder Scrolls world would be mandatory, but I won't be relying TOO much on established history, I will be making up my own story within the Elder Scrolls world. Also I would appreciate players who are able to post AT LEAST once a day, barring any unforseen obstacles.

Well let me know if any of you are interested.

edit

Here is the character sheet you will need to fill out if you want to play. The skills are drawn from the morrowind skill list which can be found here http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Skills

Name:

Race: Stick to the standard Elder scrolls races or hybrids of the standard races

Racial Traits: Resist fire for Dunmer, Berserk for Orcs etc. Don't worry, I will let you know which traits for your race are important.

Focus: Magic, Stealth or Combat,

Good Skills: Five skills that your character excels at, drawn from the Morrowind list linked above.

Poor Skills: Five Skills that your character is terrible at, drawn from the Morrowind list linked above.

Background: Include as much information here as you want, but at a minimum include what province your character comes from (doesn't necessarily have to be your race's homeland) and where they learned their skills. Also would be nice to know their motivations for working for the East Empire Company.

Personality: This section is optional, you may find it more fun to develop your character's personality throughout the story.

Possessions: I will let you choose your own equipment, but be reasonable, no more than one or two minor magic items each, think of what your character would really have.

Metro Mech

I am quite interested... could you post what a character sheet would look like
Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

Moxy

The character sheets would be simply your race, name, focus (magic, stealth or combat.), five good skills, five poor skills, any notable racial traits such as resistance to frost or berserk ability, and then your characters background. As I said the system would be diceless, using characters skills as a guide to what they would be capable of with me as story teller.

Here is an example character

-----
Name: Owyn

Race: Redguard

Racial Traits: Adrenaline Rush - Owyn's body can enter a combat ready fight state, giving hin enhanced strength and reflexes, but this fatigues him and can not be used very often.

Focus: combat

Good skilks: Long Blade, Block, Athletics, Heavy armor, Speechcraft.

Poor skills: Alchemy, Sneak, Enchant, Marksman, Unarmored.

Background: Although a redguard, Owyn lived most of his life in Cyrodiil. Owyn joined the Imperial Legion at the age of seventeen, learning the art of war and developing skills with a blade and heavy armor. Based un a fort in Cyrodiil for five years, Owyn was eventually deployed to fort Moonmoth in Vvardenfell. In the next five years Owyn saw combat against Daedra worshippers and monsters of all sorts. At the age of twenty seven Owyn retired from the legion and returned to Cyrodill to start a family. He eventually married and had two children but found it difficult to provide for them in the following years, and so Owyn decided to use the only real skills he had, becoming a sword for hire. Since then he has travelled all around the imperial provinces, profiting from his combat skills. Owyn has managed to send a decent amount of money back home to his family and hopes to make enough to soon retire fully.

Gladiator0161

I'm quite interested as well but, I don't have much knowledge on having to do with the pre Elder Scrolls 3: Marrowind timeline.
I actually didn't even finish the game, I've learned through Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, and ES 5: Skyrim, though basically what happens. At some point I'll go back and play through it, it's just motivating myself to actually do it that's the problem. The game takes forever to get anywhere in, lol.

I currently have an Elder Scrolls game going as well, it's at a stall for the moment though, and if it'd be ok with you, I'd like to use one of my characters from there. A little editing will have to be done because of how early your game's timeline is but, it shouldn't be a problem. :)

Just please promise me there won't be any words like "fuck" allowed in the story, otherwise I'll no longer be interested.

Moxy

Well they never said that in Elder Scrolls to my knowledge so no the word f**k and other out of place swears won't be allowed. And I've got no problem with you recycling an old character. Could you possibly link your Elder Scrolls game? I'd be very interested in taking a look.

Gladiator0161

Sure, I'll provide the OOC link as well. :)

Story thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=169700.0

OOC Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=167595.0

Last but, not least, the character I want to use, I've yet to do anything on it, as I've just finished posting in my Halo thread. I changed my mind by the way, I'll throw up a new character, lol.

Name: Marcus Thornhold

Race: Half Wood Elf/ Half Nord
Class: Ranger/Rogue
Archetype: Neutral Good
Alignment:

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 260 lbs

Appearance:

Black shoulder length hair, blue gray eyes, athletic build. Wears leather armor, leather bracer, leather boots, and a leather battle pauldron beneath his dark green cloak.

(His armor) http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/215/6/7/LOTR__Ranger_by_VergilDemon.jpg

Personality:

Biography:

Gear and Weaponry:

Victorious Champion

Ooh! I wanna play too!  ;D Can I get in on this one?

Moxy

Quote from: Victorious Champion on August 31, 2013, 08:18:08 PM
Ooh! I wanna play too!  ;D Can I get in on this one?

Sure! I'll edit the top post with the "character sheet" I'd like you all to fill out. I aim to get the ball rolling on this in the next few days, so make your character and keep your eyes glued to this thread!

Gladiator0161

I'm afraid I have some good and bad news for you Moxy. I'm sorry to say that I won't have time to write in your game thread. You see, I've joined a roleplay group in real life, in my hometown of all places lol,  that I stumbled across while looking to get rid of my Punisher comics, and they meet twice a week. So, that on top of work, the roleplays that I already have started on here, and the ones I have started already on other websites, make it impossible for me to join you at this time. I'll be dropping out of some more roleplay threads that I have just started as well unfortunately.

I hate to say that because I was really looking forward to playing in your game, and the ones I just started but, alas, time does not last forever. I hope that your game goes well and that you have lots of fun. Maybe we'll do something later if my time frees up. I hope you understand, and thanks for giving me the chance to play in your game. :D

Moxy

Quote from: Gladiator0161 on September 05, 2013, 05:07:05 PM
I'm afraid I have some good and bad news for you Moxy. I'm sorry to say that I won't have time to write in your game thread. You see, I've joined a roleplay group in real life, in my hometown of all places lol,  that I stumbled across while looking to get rid of my Punisher comics, and they meet twice a week. So, that on top of work, the roleplays that I already have started on here, and the ones I have started already on other websites, make it impossible for me to join you at this time. I'll be dropping out of some more roleplay threads that I have just started as well unfortunately.

I hate to say that because I was really looking forward to playing in your game, and the ones I just started but, alas, time does not last forever. I hope that your game goes well and that you have lots of fun. Maybe we'll do something later if my time frees up. I hope you understand, and thanks for giving me the chance to play in your game. :D

Well that's a shame to hear that you won't be involved,  but I hope you have fun with your group.